Progress was all right. Only it went on too long. -- James Thurber

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Ray Bremser

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Ray BremserZod
+* Re: Ray BremserWill Dockery
|`* Re: Ray Bremsermarika
| +- Re: Ray BremserW.Dockery
| `* Re: Ray BremserZod
|  `- Re: Ray BremserW-Dockery
+- Re: Ray BremserW-Dockery
+* Re: Ray BremserW-Dockery
|`* Re: Ray BremserWill Dockery
| `* Re: Ray BremserW.Dockery
|  `* Re: Ray BremserZod
|   +* Re: Ray BremserW-Dockery
|   |`* Re: Ray BremserZod
|   | `- Re: Ray BremserWill Dockery
|   +- Re: Ray BremserW-Dockery
|   `- Re: Ray BremserW.Dockery
+- Re: Ray BremserW-Dockery
+- Re: Ray BremserW-Dockery
`- Re: Ray BremserW.Dockery

1
Re: Ray Bremser

<8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=192683&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#192683

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 08:27:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Ray Bremser
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 16:27 UTC

On Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 3:34:55 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> defined by genealogy. Masters and servants who could
> claim that all their ancestors came from Europe became
> members of the white race. In truth, of course, the
> "poor whites" continued to be viewed as an alien race
> by the elite. As one Georgia planter wrote a friend,
> "Not one in ten [poor whites] is. . . . a whit
> superior to a negro." Privately called "white trash"
> by the elite, the poor whites were publicly embraced
> as racial kin by the planters, 3.7 percent of the
> population who owned 58 percent of the region’s slaves
> and were dead set on keeping their exploited workers
> divided by racial contempt. Because the antebellum
> South’s pervasive class exploitation depended on
> fabricated white racial pride, any challenge to racial
> solidarity among whites threatened to reveal the
> hidden class system. Here lay the path to revolution.
> "The lords of the lash are not only absolute masters
> of the blacks. . . . but they are also the oracles and
> arbiters of all non-slaveholding whites, whose freedom
> is merely nominal, and whose unparalleled illiteracy
> and degradation is purposely and fiendishly
> perpetuated."
> [...]
> Georgia’s very decision to secede
> from the Union was never put to a popular vote.
> Rather, it was made by secession delegates, 87 percent
> of them slaveholders in a state where only 37 percent
> of the electorate owned slaves. These delegates knew
> better than to heed anti-secessionist delegates’ plea
> to submit the decision to the electorate for final
> determination. After all, more than half the South’s
> white population, three-quarters of whom owned no
> slaves, opposed secession.
> [...]
> To add insult to injury, planters continued growing
> cotton (rather than food) and traded with the North as
> poorer whites and the army faced starvation. Not surprisingly,
> by 1863, food riots were breaking out all over the
> South, led by the starving wives left behind as their
> starving husbands, sons, and fathers died for the rich
> men and their slaves.
> And always, the racial degradation of the poor white
> continued.
> [...]
> The bands of poorer Southern whites who organized
> against the Confederacy and who indeed were abused and
> exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and
> then as canon fodder. Sadly, these Confederate
> deserters never understood that not even the one thing
> they held onto as their own-their self-image as
> whites-actually belonged to them. Rather it was one
> among many means used by rich men to exploit them.
>
> Again, in advance of the whiners and hypocrites, the above excerpt was
> posted for information, discussion and histirical purposes... thus, fair
> use.
>
> And so it goes.
> —-
>
> Happy to shed some light for you about the way things really went down in

Quite interesting....

Re: Ray Bremser

<92e0351a-3c15-4cdc-8530-a18dbfccbb62n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=192731&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#192731

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 11:04:10 -0800 (PST)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 19:04 UTC

On Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 11:27:57 AM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> [...]
> > And always, the racial degradation of the poor white
> > continued.
> > [...]
> > The bands of poorer Southern whites who organized
> > against the Confederacy and who indeed were abused and
> > exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and
> > then as canon fodder. Sadly, these Confederate
> > deserters never understood that not even the one thing
> > they held onto as their own-their self-image as
> > whites-actually belonged to them. Rather it was one
> > among many means used by rich men to exploit them.
> >
> > Again, in advance of the whiners and hypocrites, the above excerpt was
> > posted for information, discussion and histirical purposes... thus, fair
> > use.
> >
> > And so it goes.
> > —-
> >
> > Happy to shed some light for you about the way things really went down in

This should also be the original (broken) thread for the C.A. Smith poem.

Re: Ray Bremser

<6cf72c05e25316430376ce9854dd3366@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=192906&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#192906

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 19:43:44 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <1be4bd9c-ed25-4e92-b3f0-83adc31d4623@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 19:43 UTC

Agreed.

Re: Ray Bremser

<62ea446d87ec730d1beb7850accc9bfa@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=192940&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#192940

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 22:54:28 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <1be4bd9c-ed25-4e92-b3f0-83adc31d4623@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 22:54 UTC

Zod wrote:

> [...]
>> And always, the racial degradation of the poor white
>> continued.
>> [...]
>> The bands of poorer Southern whites who organized
>> against the Confederacy and who indeed were abused and
>> exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and
>> then as canon fodder. Sadly, these Confederate
>> deserters never understood that not even the one thing
>> they held onto as their own-their self-image as
>> whites-actually belonged to them. Rather it was one
>> among many means used by rich men to exploit them.
>>
>> Again, in advance of the whiners and hypocrites, the above excerpt was
>> posted for information, discussion and histirical purposes... thus, fair
>> use.
>>
>> And so it goes.
>> —-
>>
>> Happy to shed some light for you about the way things really went down in

Also interesting that this seems to be what the original Clark Ashton Smith poem evolved into, while possibly losing a lot of posts along the way:

https://alt.arts.poetry.comments.narkive.com/T95gZsT3/tpb-if-winter-remain-clark-ashton-smith

***

Re: Ray Bremser

<7809c1c5-1d7b-4b1c-99ce-ed457241c374n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193189&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193189

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 14:45:40 -0800 (PST)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 22:45 UTC

On Friday, January 13, 2023 at 5:55:13 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> >> exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and
> >> then as canon fodder. Sadly, these Confederate
> >> deserters never understood that not even the one thing
> >> they held onto as their own-their self-image as
> >> whites-actually belonged to them. Rather it was one
> >> among many means used by rich men to exploit them.
> >>
> >> Again, in advance of the whiners and hypocrites, the above excerpt was
> >> posted for information, discussion and histirical purposes... thus, fair
> >> use.
> >>
> >> And so it goes.
> >> —-
> >>
> >> Happy to shed some light for you about the way things really went down in
> >> Shadowville, Peter.
>
> > Quite interesting....
> Also interesting that this seems to be what the original Clark Ashton Smith poem evolved into, while possibly losing a lot of posts along the way:

A lot of good material was lost when the posts were deleted:

***
I remember Clark Ashton Smith from my later childhood days, when I was steeped in Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Baudelaire and Rimbaud, the Cthulu Mythos, and all the lurching shambling horrors that went with it. Great stuff, and very influential on the Shadowville scene.

Here's a groovy quote from C.A.S.

"The nostalgia of things unknown, of lands forgotten or unfound, is upon me at times. Often I long for the gleam of yellow suns upon terraces of translucent azure marble, mocking the windless waters of lakes unfathomably calm; for lost, legendary palaces of serpentine, silver and ebony, whose columns are green stalactites; for the pillars of fallen temples, standing in the vast purpureal sunset of a land of lost and marvellous romance. I sigh for the dark-green depths of cedar forests, through whose fantastically woven boughs, one sees at intervals an unknown tropic ocean, like gleams of blue diamond; for isles of palm and coral, that fret an amber morning, somewhere beyond Cathay or Taprobane; for the strange and hidden cities of the desert, with burning brazen domes and slender pinnacles of gold and copper, that pierce a heaven of heated lazuli."
-Clark Ashton Smith, "Nostalgia of the Unknown"

***

Re: Ray Bremser

<70f477bd1abdb3f9cedc4865da7567b2@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193285&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193285

Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:12:44 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <1be4bd9c-ed25-4e92-b3f0-83adc31d4623@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:12 UTC

Zod wrote:

> [...]
>> And always, the racial degradation of the poor white
>> continued.
>> [...]
>> The bands of poorer Southern whites who organized
>> against the Confederacy and who indeed were abused and
>> exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and
>> then as canon fodder. Sadly, these Confederate
>> deserters never understood that not even the one thing
>> they held onto as their own-their self-image as
>> whites-actually belonged to them. Rather it was one
>> among many means used by rich men to exploit them.
>>
>> Again, in advance of the whiners and hypocrites, the above excerpt was
>> posted for information, discussion and histirical purposes... thus, fair
>> use.
>>
>> And so it goes.
>> —-
>>
>> Happy to shed some light for you about the way things really went down in

Good morning, yes, it sheds new light in some ways.

Re: Ray Bremser

<a9595af277ea326beb06fec027afbff4@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193542&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193542

Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:24:48 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <1be4bd9c-ed25-4e92-b3f0-83adc31d4623@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com> <62ea446d87ec730d1beb7850accc9bfa@news.novabbs.com> <7809c1c5-1d7b-4b1c-99ce-ed457241c374n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:24 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Friday, January 13, 2023 at 5:55:13 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>> > Quite interesting....
>> Also interesting that this seems to be what the original Clark Ashton Smith poem evolved into, while possibly losing a lot of posts along the way:
>>
>> https://alt.arts.poetry.comments.narkive.com/T95gZsT3/tpb-if-winter-remain-clark-ashton-smith

Interesting that /this/ is what is left of the original C.A.S. poetry thread.

> A lot of good material was lost when the posts were deleted:

> ***
> I remember Clark Ashton Smith from my later childhood days, when I was steeped in Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Baudelaire and Rimbaud, the Cthulu Mythos, and all the lurching shambling horrors that went with it. Great stuff, and very influential on the Shadowville scene.

> Here's a groovy quote from C.A.S.

> "The nostalgia of things unknown, of lands forgotten or unfound, is upon me at times. Often I long for the gleam of yellow suns upon terraces of translucent azure marble, mocking the windless waters of lakes unfathomably calm; for lost, legendary palaces of serpentine, silver and ebony, whose columns are green stalactites; for the pillars of fallen temples, standing in the vast purpureal sunset of a land of lost and marvellous romance. I sigh for the dark-green depths of cedar forests, through whose fantastically woven boughs, one sees at intervals an unknown tropic ocean, like gleams of blue diamond; for isles of palm and coral, that fret an amber morning, somewhere beyond Cathay or Taprobane; for the strange and hidden cities of the desert, with burning brazen domes and slender pinnacles of gold and copper, that pierce a heaven of heated lazuli."
> -Clark Ashton Smith, "Nostalgia of the Unknown"

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Ray Bremser

<2eb0bb62-d731-48b8-9e0c-487c3ea67ab5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193572&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193572

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:28:39 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 22:28 UTC

On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 4:25:16 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:

> >> Also interesting that this seems to be what the original Clark Ashton Smith poem evolved into, while possibly losing a lot of posts along the way:
> >>
> >> https://alt.arts.poetry.comments.narkive.com/T95gZsT3/tpb-if-winter-remain-clark-ashton-smith
> Interesting that /this/ is what is left of the original C.A.S. poetry thread.
> > A lot of good material was lost when the posts were deleted:
>
> > ***
> > I remember Clark Ashton Smith from my later childhood days, when I was steeped in Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Baudelaire and Rimbaud, the Cthulu Mythos, and all the lurching shambling horrors that went with it. Great stuff, and very influential on the Shadowville scene.
>
> > Here's a groovy quote from C.A.S.
>
> > "The nostalgia of things unknown, of lands forgotten or unfound, is upon me at times. Often I long for the gleam of yellow suns upon terraces of translucent azure marble, mocking the windless waters of lakes unfathomably calm; for lost, legendary palaces of serpentine, silver and ebony, whose columns are green stalactites; for the pillars of fallen temples, standing in the vast purpureal sunset of a land of lost and marvellous romance. I sigh for the dark-green depths of cedar forests, through whose fantastically woven boughs, one sees at intervals an unknown tropic ocean, like gleams of blue diamond; for isles of palm and coral, that fret an amber morning, somewhere beyond Cathay or Taprobane; for the strange and hidden cities of the desert, with burning brazen domes and slender pinnacles of gold and copper, that pierce a heaven of heated lazuli."
> > -Clark Ashton Smith, "Nostalgia of the Unknown"
>

> ***

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Ray Bremser

<4b2fa71194a81fbf9f9de1b8ddcfb779@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193661&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193661

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:24:16 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com> <62ea446d87ec730d1beb7850accc9bfa@news.novabbs.com> <7809c1c5-1d7b-4b1c-99ce-ed457241c374n@googlegroups.com> <a9595af277ea326beb06fec027afbff4@news.novabbs.com> <2eb0bb62-d731-48b8-9e0c-487c3ea67ab5n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:24 UTC

<90c391d2-b788-482a-8e8e-8e91ef410d5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193695&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193695

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:05:58 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 20:05 UTC

On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 9:25:14 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod wrote:

> >> Interesting that /this/ is what is left of the original C.A.S. poetry thread.

> >> ***
>
> > Yes........ odd but correct.......
> A good question, where did the dozen or so opening posts go, and for what reason?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Ray Bremser

<8a54d4aa-81f2-415c-b583-63b179d8283an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193944&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193944

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:08:29 -0800 (PST)
<2eb0bb62-d731-48b8-9e0c-487c3ea67ab5n@googlegroups.com> <4b2fa71194a81fbf9f9de1b8ddcfb779@news.novabbs.com>
<90c391d2-b788-482a-8e8e-8e91ef410d5dn@googlegroups.com>
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:08 UTC

<7e045c61-14a6-4ed2-af7c-bcf19f565af4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193953&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193953

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:19:42 -0800 (PST)
From: marika5...@gmail.com (marika)
 by: marika - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:19 UTC

On Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 1:04:11 PM UTC-6, Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> > > against the Confederacy and who indeed were abused and
> > > exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and
> > > then as canon fodder. Sadly, these Confederate
> > > deserters never understood that not even the one thing
> > > they held onto as their own-their self-image as
> > > whites-actually belonged to them. Rather it was one
> > > among many means used by rich men to exploit them.
> > >
> > > Again, in advance of the whiners and hypocrites, the above excerpt was
> > > posted for information, discussion and histirical purposes... thus, fair
> > > use.
> > >
> > > And so it goes.
> > > —-
> > >
> > > Happy to shed some light for you about the way things really went down in
> > > Shadowville, Peter.
> >
> > Quite interesting....
> This should also be the original (broken) thread for the C.A. Smith poem.

I have likely seen it a million times but did not pay attention

mk5000

Popped that seal (popped it)
Close that deal (close it)
We in the field (yeah)
Spread them bills--BBO
Migos

Re: Ray Bremser

<c70261a16cb1e228427aff7a7a84458b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193973&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193973

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:44:36 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <1be4bd9c-ed25-4e92-b3f0-83adc31d4623@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com> <92e0351a-3c15-4cdc-8530-a18dbfccbb62n@googlegroups.com> <7e045c61-14a6-4ed2-af7c-bcf19f565af4n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:44 UTC

marika wrote:

> On Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 1:04:11 PM UTC-6, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Quite interesting....
>> This should also be the original (broken) thread for the C.A. Smith poem.

> I have likely seen it a million times but did not pay attention

Possibly.

🙂

> mk5000

> Popped that seal (popped it)
> Close that deal (close it)
> We in the field (yeah)
> Spread them bills--BBO
> Migos

Re: Ray Bremser

<49a9d84cf8da4bb3c8bcdf1ab3bbf06e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195211&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#195211

Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 23:05:47 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com> <62ea446d87ec730d1beb7850accc9bfa@news.novabbs.com> <7809c1c5-1d7b-4b1c-99ce-ed457241c374n@googlegroups.com> <a9595af277ea326beb06fec027afbff4@news.novabbs.com> <2eb0bb62-d731-48b8-9e0c-487c3ea67ab5n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 23:05 UTC

<91b4db7f978f81923f75bf70e80b953c@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200695&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200695

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:43:57 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <1be4bd9c-ed25-4e92-b3f0-83adc31d4623@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:43 UTC

Zod wrote:

> [...]
>> And always, the racial degradation of the poor white
>> continued.
>> [...]
>> The bands of poorer Southern whites who organized
>> against the Confederacy and who indeed were abused and
>> exploited by their overlords, first as wage-slaves and
>> then as canon fodder. Sadly, these Confederate
>> deserters never understood that not even the one thing
>> they held onto as their own-their self-image as
>> whites-actually belonged to them. Rather it was one
>> among many means used by rich men to exploit them.
>>
>> Again, in advance of the whiners and hypocrites, the above excerpt was
>> posted for information, discussion and histirical purposes... thus, fair
>> use.
>>
>> And so it goes.
>> —-
>>
>> Happy to shed some light for you about the way things really went down in

Checking Narkive, since this is apparently what became of the Clark Ashton Smith thread.

Re: Ray Bremser

<a8cf53618f4c6346054685937e9cb097@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201411&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201411

Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 01:58:31 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <1be4bd9c-ed25-4e92-b3f0-83adc31d4623@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 01:58 UTC

Good evening, agreed.

Re: Ray Bremser

<1451d47e-05bc-467a-a79d-305575bc9a95n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203290&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#203290

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 12:49:00 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 20:49 UTC

On Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 4:19:45 PM UTC-5, marika wrote:
> On Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 1:04:11 PM UTC-6, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > Quite interesting....
> > This should also be the original (broken) thread for the C.A. Smith poem.
> I have likely seen it a million times but did not pay attention

Same here perhaps...

> mk5000
>
> Popped that seal (popped it)
> Close that deal (close it)
> We in the field (yeah)
> Spread them bills--BBO
> Migos

Re: Ray Bremser

<f461a2b43ca37cbe08779563cb504c7c@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203759&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#203759

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 18:18:07 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <1be4bd9c-ed25-4e92-b3f0-83adc31d4623@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com> <92e0351a-3c15-4cdc-8530-a18dbfccbb62n@googlegroups.com> <7e045c61-14a6-4ed2-af7c-bcf19f565af4n@googlegroups.com> <1451d47e-05bc-467a-a79d-305575bc9a95n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 18:18 UTC

Good afternoon, well put.

Re: Ray Bremser

<7b5429777b15203f8bc2f444ec5247e3@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247264&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247264

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:39:37 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <c8d928fc-cd57-40ba-a15b-60b57537e15a@googlegroups.com> <22759eda-5e43-489a-8376-5a4253a04196@googlegroups.com> <0332e2eb-f697-4163-84c6-10940262f11e@googlegroups.com> <87caef12-ddb5-4598-bb31-f807884692b8@googlegroups.com> <6a74aa6f-6b56-4a9a-a9b6-303077d6ab99@googlegroups.com> <f1a73044-4883-4934-80ee-82438bd6deca@googlegroups.com> <3ffcd825-2b7a-452c-ba28-7661a0114fda@googlegroups.com> <b1c7734d-adbe-4839-82be-311a73c7408b@googlegroups.com> <495edf72-c839-4075-aeeb-b3f6745d0ab5@googlegroups.com> <slrnmfhdbe.imt.peadar.ruadh@pjr.no-ip.org> <mdaek2$6ju$1@dont-email.me> <8a065716-accf-452c-a4eb-9fc5d153cacbn@googlegroups.com> <62ea446d87ec730d1beb7850accc9bfa@news.novabbs.com> <7809c1c5-1d7b-4b1c-99ce-ed457241c374n@googlegroups.com> <a9595af277ea326beb06fec027afbff4@news.novabbs.com> <2eb0bb62-d731-48b8-9e0c-487c3ea67ab5n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:39 UTC