Newsgroups: alt.tv.mtv,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Top 10 Biggest MTV Scandals
From: tmc1...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 02:59:27 -0700 (PDT)
 by: tmc1...@gmail.com - Tue, 11 Jul 2023 09:59 UTC

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/top-10-biggest-mtv-scandals.5318840/

https://youtu.be/ox1KmH52kHg

10. Faking The Drama - Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County (2004-06) cast
members Kristen Cavallari and Lauren Conrad revealed in an interview their
rivalry on the show was exaggerated. Teen Mom 2 Alum Jenelle Evans says the
show is scripted and sometimes the producers feed lines to cast members.

9. 2004 Super Bowl Halftime Show Controversy - While Justin Timberlake and
Janet Jackson were performing, Timberlake accidentally ripped off Jackson�s
shirt, revealing one of her breast. Since MTV produced the Halftime Show, the
NFL banned the channel from producing the Halftime shows. MTV�s parent channel
Viacom was fined $500,000, but it was overturned on appeal.

8. Negative Stereotypes On Buckwild - The show was about a group of young
adults living in the rural area of West Virginia. Buckwild faced backlash for
harmful stereotypes, even West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin wrote a letter to
the President of MTV calling for the show to be canceled. The show eventually
got canceled due to the death of one of the cast members, Shain Gandee.

7. The Issue Of Physical Violence - The Real World: Portland cast mates Naya
Moore got violent with Johnny Reilly, using a blow dryer as a weapon, facing
no consequences. Eventually, Moore was sent home for harassing another cast
member on the spin-off show The Challenge.

6. Nev Schulman Misconduct Allegations - In 2018, Schulman was accused by
former guest of the show Aisha Morgan of misconduct, leading to production
of the seventh season of Catfish to be put on pause. After the investigation
concluded, it was no evidence to support the allegations and resumed filming.
Morgan responded by calling the investigation a �sham�; claiming she was
never contacted by the third party investigator.

5. Beavis And Butt-Head Fiery Inspiration - Roughly fifteen years after the
Messner family�s mobile home was destroyed in a fire, the child who was
blamed for the incident commented publically on what led to it. According to
Austin Messner, Beavis and Butt-Head had no influence over him as a child for
a very simple reason. "I literally NEVER saw the cartoon. How could I? It was
1993, my Mom was a d**g addict. We couldn't afford cable!"

https://youtu.be/X-TFcZnNfeU

Of course, it should go without saying that no matter what inspired the fire
that took Jessica Messner�s life, nothing can ever be done to diminish how
tragic that event was. However, when Austin came forward to claim that his
mother�s claims about Beavis and Butt-Head were a lie, that was a really big
deal. After all, a large portion of the reason why Beavis and Butt-Head was
so controversial was the fire scandal. More importantly, the people involved
in Beavis and Butt-Head�s production must have felt a lot of guilt about what
happened to Jessica and that anguish was completely unfounded.

4. The Skins Scandal - https://youtu.be/5YEmmQ3fpDw

3. The Teen Mom Problem - Some accused the shows 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom
of glamorizing teen pregnancy and depicted it as an easy way to fame and
fortune. Despite the criticism, the shows continue to grow in popularity.
Studies show that the show partially played a part in the declining green
birth rate.

2. Allegations Of Racism - https://youtu.be/XZGiVzIr8Qg

1. Tonya Cooley Assault Allegations - https://meaww.com/where-is-tonya-cooley-now-legal-battle-with-mtv-keeps-the-challenge-star-out-of-competition-587905

Re: Top 10 Biggest MTV Scandals

<444659904.710795276.733358.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193913&group=rec.arts.tv#193913

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.mtv
Subject: Re: Top 10 Biggest MTV Scandals
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 12:08:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Jul 2023 19:08 UTC

Thanks Terrence!