arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightRhino
+* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightBTR1701
|+* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightshawn
||`* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightRhino
|| `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightshawn
||  `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightFPP
||   `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far righttrotsky
||    `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightRhino
||     +* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightsuzeeq
||     |`- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightFPP
||     `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightFPP
||      +- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far righttrotsky
||      `- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightThe Horny Goat
|+* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightRhino
||`* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightAdam H. Kerman
|| `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightRhino
||  `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightAdam H. Kerman
||   `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightRhino
||    `- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightAdam H. Kerman
|`* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightFPP
| `- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far righttrotsky
+- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightFPP
+* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightUbiquitous
|`* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightanim8rfsk
| `* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightUbiquitous
|  `- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightanim8rfsk
`* Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightFPP
 +- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightFPP
 `- Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far rightUbiquitous

Pages:12
[OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8mib7$3apau$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194006&group=rec.arts.tv#194006

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 11:53:49 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 15:53 UTC

This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]

Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
chat rooms.

Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
before tweeting?

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<O-udnfJa2bLZRTP5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194018&group=rec.arts.tv#194018

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:43:48 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:43 UTC

On Jul 12, 2023 at 8:53:49 AM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]
>
> Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
> chat rooms.
>
> Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
> before tweeting?

So when Michelle Obama was pushing her "get fit" campaign, apparently the
whole time she was deviously recruiting for neo-Nazis.

Who knew?

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<3rotai529bprc47vtqnrvbs31an17sm1mm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194026&group=rec.arts.tv#194026

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 13:34:33 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 17:34 UTC

On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:43:48 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Jul 12, 2023 at 8:53:49 AM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
>wrote:
>
>> This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]
>>
>> Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
>> chat rooms.
>>
>> Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
>> before tweeting?

I suspect everything where people gather together to talk can be an
opportunity to recruit people, including to some neo-Nazi
organization. So people gathering together to talk about fitness is a
chance to recruit people for the military, fire fighters, USSS or any
other organization that requires a certain level of fitness. And yes,
for some small portion that will include neo-Nazis.. Isn't the number
of people identified as neo-Nazi in the USA fairly small, like around
10-20 thousand?
>So when Michelle Obama was pushing her "get fit" campaign, apparently the
>whole time she was deviously recruiting for neo-Nazis.
>
>Who knew?

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8mpp5$3bdk1$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194033&group=rec.arts.tv#194033

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:01:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:01 UTC

>This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]

>Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
>chat rooms.

I confess. When I'm wasting time on Usenet, I ain't exercising. Chat
room is anathema to exercise. It doesn't work like that. It couldn't
possibly work like that!

>Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
>before tweeting?

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8mrak$3avj6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194037&group=rec.arts.tv#194037

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 14:27:30 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:27 UTC

On 2023-07-12 12:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2023 at 8:53:49 AM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]
>>
>> Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
>> chat rooms.
>>
>> Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
>> before tweeting?
>
> So when Michelle Obama was pushing her "get fit" campaign, apparently the
> whole time she was deviously recruiting for neo-Nazis.
>
> Who knew?

There were "activists" during Obama's presidency that complained the
Obamas were too far right. Does this mean they were correct?

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8mrfn$3avj6$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194038&group=rec.arts.tv#194038

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 14:30:13 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:30 UTC

On 2023-07-12 1:34 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:43:48 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 12, 2023 at 8:53:49 AM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]
>>>
>>> Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
>>> chat rooms.
>>>
>>> Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
>>> before tweeting?
>
> I suspect everything where people gather together to talk can be an
> opportunity to recruit people, including to some neo-Nazi
> organization. So people gathering together to talk about fitness is a
> chance to recruit people for the military, fire fighters, USSS or any
> other organization that requires a certain level of fitness. And yes,
> for some small portion that will include neo-Nazis.. Isn't the number
> of people identified as neo-Nazi in the USA fairly small, like around
> 10-20 thousand?

Gee, do you suppose left-leaning people ever exercise and then talk
about fitness and politics? Or are right-leaning people the only ones
who ever exercise? (No fair using Michael Moore as your reference point
in this one.)

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8msv1$3bt65$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194045&group=rec.arts.tv#194045

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:55:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:55 UTC

>On 2023-07-12 12:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>Jul 12, 2023 at 8:53:49 AM PDT, Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>:

>>>This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:

>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]

>>>Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
>>>chat rooms.

>>>Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
>>>before tweeting?

>>So when Michelle Obama was pushing her "get fit" campaign, apparently the
>>whole time she was deviously recruiting for neo-Nazis.

>>Who knew?

>There were "activists" during Obama's presidency that complained the
>Obamas were too far right. Does this mean they were correct?

Cornel West complained repeatedly about Obama not being black enough,
but I don't recall he had general complaints.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8mteu$3btrm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194047&group=rec.arts.tv#194047

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 15:03:56 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 19:03 UTC

On 2023-07-12 2:55 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> So when Michelle Obama was pushing her "get fit" campaign, apparently the
>>> whole time she was deviously recruiting for neo-Nazis.
>
>>> Who knew?
>
>> There were "activists" during Obama's presidency that complained the
>> Obamas were too far right. Does this mean they were correct?
>
> Cornel West complained repeatedly about Obama not being black enough,
> but I don't recall he had general complaints.

It's already several years ago so I don't remember who exactly felt that
Obama was too far right. Bernie Sanders maybe? The Communist Party of
the USA? Or just another (leftist) pundit who needed to sell an article?

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<4ovtai1ipudhmn8d5thn29tjp3ao5k5n5g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194048&group=rec.arts.tv#194048

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 15:30:45 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 19:30 UTC

On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 14:30:13 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On 2023-07-12 1:34 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:43:48 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>> I suspect everything where people gather together to talk can be an
>> opportunity to recruit people, including to some neo-Nazi
>> organization. So people gathering together to talk about fitness is a
>> chance to recruit people for the military, fire fighters, USSS or any
>> other organization that requires a certain level of fitness. And yes,
>> for some small portion that will include neo-Nazis.. Isn't the number
>> of people identified as neo-Nazi in the USA fairly small, like around
>> 10-20 thousand?
>
>Gee, do you suppose left-leaning people ever exercise and then talk
>about fitness and politics? Or are right-leaning people the only ones
>who ever exercise? (No fair using Michael Moore as your reference point
>in this one.)

Would you please go back and re-read what I said above. You just
repeated what I said using different words. That anywhere a group of
people are known to gather others may use that as an opportunity to
recruit people including bad actors like neo-Nazis.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8n1vi$3cdth$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194058&group=rec.arts.tv#194058

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 20:21:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 20:21 UTC

>On 2023-07-12 2:55 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>>There were "activists" during Obama's presidency that complained the
>>>Obamas were too far right. Does this mean they were correct?

>>Cornel West complained repeatedly about Obama not being black enough,
>>but I don't recall he had general complaints.

>It's already several years ago so I don't remember who exactly felt that
>Obama was too far right. Bernie Sanders maybe? The Communist Party of
>the USA? Or just another (leftist) pundit who needed to sell an article?

I don't recall paying attention to Bernie as early as 2009.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8n2k0$3cb3s$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194061&group=rec.arts.tv#194061

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:31:58 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 20:31 UTC

On 2023-07-12 4:21 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Cornel West complained repeatedly about Obama not being black enough,
>>> but I don't recall he had general complaints.
>
>> It's already several years ago so I don't remember who exactly felt that
>> Obama was too far right. Bernie Sanders maybe? The Communist Party of
>> the USA? Or just another (leftist) pundit who needed to sell an article?
>
> I don't recall paying attention to Bernie as early as 2009.

I probably saw a reaction article to someone claiming that Obama was too
far right where the reaction said the idea of Obama being too far right
was delusional because he was too far LEFT, probably followed by a
lengthy list of reasons for thinking he was too far left.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8n4lu$3cllg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194063&group=rec.arts.tv#194063

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 21:07:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 21:07 UTC

>On 2023-07-12 4:21 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>>It's already several years ago so I don't remember who exactly felt that
>>>Obama was too far right. Bernie Sanders maybe? The Communist Party of
>>>the USA? Or just another (leftist) pundit who needed to sell an article?

>>I don't recall paying attention to Bernie as early as 2009.

>I probably saw a reaction article to someone claiming that Obama was too
>far right where the reaction said the idea of Obama being too far right
>was delusional because he was too far LEFT, probably followed by a
>lengthy list of reasons for thinking he was too far left.

I think it depended on the issue. Also, there were times that Obama took
leftist positions in speeches but that was never a policy he pursued
with Congress. Pretty much everyone found reason to criticize him, while
agreeing with him in limited instances.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8n8fn$3d47o$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194088&group=rec.arts.tv#194088

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:12:07 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 22:12 UTC

On 7/12/23 11:53 AM, Rhino wrote:
> This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]
>
> Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
> chat rooms.
>
> Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
> before tweeting?

Anybody tweeting these days doesn't think much at all...

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8n8hd$3d47o$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194089&group=rec.arts.tv#194089

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:13:01 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 22:13 UTC

On 7/12/23 12:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2023 at 8:53:49 AM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]
>>
>> Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
>> chat rooms.
>>
>> Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
>> before tweeting?
>
> So when Michelle Obama was pushing her "get fit" campaign, apparently the
> whole time she was deviously recruiting for neo-Nazis.
>
> Who knew?

Stupid people like you, I guess... and Hunter Biden's laptop.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8n8no$3d5os$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194090&group=rec.arts.tv#194090

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:16:23 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 22:16 UTC

On 7/12/23 3:30 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 14:30:13 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I suspect everything where people gather together to talk can be an
>>> opportunity to recruit people, including to some neo-Nazi
>>> organization. So people gathering together to talk about fitness is a
>>> chance to recruit people for the military, fire fighters, USSS or any
>>> other organization that requires a certain level of fitness. And yes,
>>> for some small portion that will include neo-Nazis.. Isn't the number
>>> of people identified as neo-Nazi in the USA fairly small, like around
>>> 10-20 thousand?
>>
>> Gee, do you suppose left-leaning people ever exercise and then talk
>> about fitness and politics? Or are right-leaning people the only ones
>> who ever exercise? (No fair using Michael Moore as your reference point
>> in this one.)
>
> Would you please go back and re-read what I said above. You just
> repeated what I said using different words. That anywhere a group of
> people are known to gather others may use that as an opportunity to
> recruit people including bad actors like neo-Nazis.

Well, I guess if a group called 'Moms for Liberty' can proudly quote
Hitler while they advocate book banning, I guess it works pretty well.

Oh... and the crows whooped when the speaker for that group explained
that they quoted Hitler ON PURPOSE.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<jgOrM.110597$PJJ.87389@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194158&group=rec.arts.tv#194158

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 03:06:39 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 08:06 UTC

On 7/12/23 5:13 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 7/12/23 12:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Jul 12, 2023 at 8:53:49 AM PDT, "Rhino"
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]
>>>
>>> Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
>>> chat rooms.
>>>
>>> Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
>>> before tweeting?
>>
>> So when Michelle Obama was pushing her "get fit" campaign, apparently the
>> whole time she was deviously recruiting for neo-Nazis.
>>
>> Who knew?
>>

> Stupid people like you, I guess... and Hunter Biden's laptop.

The poor "guy" is always asking "who knew?" But then acts victimized
when he's treated like an idiot.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<PiOrM.110598$PJJ.26122@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194159&group=rec.arts.tv#194159

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 03:09:19 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 08:09 UTC

On 7/12/23 5:16 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 7/12/23 3:30 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 14:30:13 -0400, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Gee, do you suppose left-leaning people ever exercise and then talk
>>> about fitness and politics? Or are right-leaning people the only ones
>>> who ever exercise? (No fair using Michael Moore as your reference point
>>> in this one.)
>>
>> Would you please go back and re-read what I said above. You just
>> repeated what I said using different words. That anywhere a group of
>> people are known to gather others may use that as an opportunity to
>> recruit people including bad actors like neo-Nazis.
>>

> Well, I guess if a group called 'Moms for Liberty' can proudly quote
> Hitler while they advocate book banning, I guess it works pretty well.
>
> Oh... and the crows whooped when the speaker for that group explained
> that they quoted Hitler ON PURPOSE.

I have to wonder how low your IQ would have to be to think book banning
had something to do with "liberty." The stupidity and ignorance is
stunning, and yet at the same time par for the course with the right wing.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<bf334b6b-091b-41dc-8e04-4df9b8f91982n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194320&group=rec.arts.tv#194320

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:45:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: frank.le...@gmail.com (Rhino)
 by: Rhino - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 01:45 UTC

On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 4:09:24 AM UTC-4, trotsky wrote:
> On 7/12/23 5:16 PM, FPP wrote:
> > On 7/12/23 3:30 PM, shawn wrote:

> >> Would you please go back and re-read what I said above. You just
> >> repeated what I said using different words. That anywhere a group of
> >> people are known to gather others may use that as an opportunity to
> >> recruit people including bad actors like neo-Nazis.
> >>

> > Well, I guess if a group called 'Moms for Liberty' can proudly quote
> > Hitler while they advocate book banning, I guess it works pretty well.
> >
> > Oh... and the crows whooped when the speaker for that group explained
> > that they quoted Hitler ON PURPOSE.
> >
> I have to wonder how low your IQ would have to be to think book banning
> had something to do with "liberty." The stupidity and ignorance is
> stunning, and yet at the same time par for the course with the right wing..

And yet it was all the "progressive" regimes like the Soviet Union that banned books like 1984 and writers like their own Solzhenitsyn. Even today, China bans pictures of Winnie the Pooh because they are deemed to be critical of Xi Jingping.

How do you not KNOW that, you flaming imbecile?

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8qig0$2f7r0$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194332&group=rec.arts.tv#194332

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 21:21:19 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 04:21 UTC

On 7/13/2023 6:45 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 4:09:24 AM UTC-4, trotsky wrote:

>>> Well, I guess if a group called 'Moms for Liberty' can proudly quote
>>> Hitler while they advocate book banning, I guess it works pretty well.
>>>
>>> Oh... and the crows whooped when the speaker for that group explained
>>> that they quoted Hitler ON PURPOSE.
>>>
>> I have to wonder how low your IQ would have to be to think book banning
>> had something to do with "liberty." The stupidity and ignorance is
>> stunning, and yet at the same time par for the course with the right wing.
>
> And yet it was all the "progressive" regimes like the Soviet Union that banned books like 1984 and writers like their own Solzhenitsyn. Even today, China bans pictures of Winnie the Pooh because they are deemed to be critical of Xi Jingping.
>
> How do you not KNOW that, you flaming imbecile?

When has the Soviet union ever been progressive? It's been far right
since Stalin took over.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8t0bs$9tkn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194439&group=rec.arts.tv#194439

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:30:19 -0400
 by: FPP - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 02:30 UTC

On 7/13/23 9:45 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 4:09:24 AM UTC-4, trotsky wrote:

>>> Well, I guess if a group called 'Moms for Liberty' can proudly quote
>>> Hitler while they advocate book banning, I guess it works pretty well.
>>>
>>> Oh... and the crows whooped when the speaker for that group explained
>>> that they quoted Hitler ON PURPOSE.
>>>
>> I have to wonder how low your IQ would have to be to think book banning
>> had something to do with "liberty." The stupidity and ignorance is
>> stunning, and yet at the same time par for the course with the right wing.
>
> And yet it was all the "progressive" regimes like the Soviet Union that banned books like 1984 and writers like their own Solzhenitsyn. Even today, China bans pictures of Winnie the Pooh because they are deemed to be critical of Xi Jingping.
>
> How do you not KNOW that, you flaming imbecile?

What makes you think I didn't know that, dimwit?

You seem to understand how bad the practice is, but don't seem to
understand that it applies to you conservatives now.

Yup, your buddies are as bad as the Communist China and Communist
Russia. You've just made my point for me. Again.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u8t0dq$9tkn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194440&group=rec.arts.tv#194440

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:31:21 -0400
 by: FPP - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 02:31 UTC

On 7/14/23 12:21 AM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 7/13/2023 6:45 PM, Rhino wrote:

>>> I have to wonder how low your IQ would have to be to think book banning
>>> had something to do with "liberty." The stupidity and ignorance is
>>> stunning, and yet at the same time par for the course with the right
>>> wing.
>>
>> And yet it was all the "progressive" regimes like the Soviet Union
>> that banned books like 1984 and writers like their own Solzhenitsyn.
>> Even today, China bans pictures of Winnie the Pooh because they are
>> deemed to be critical of Xi Jingping.
>>
>> How do you not KNOW that, you flaming imbecile?
>>
> When has the Soviet union ever been progressive? It's been far right
> since Stalin took over.

It's just a buzzword now. Rhino doesn't care what words actually mean.
It's performative, not literal.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<3lwsM.85585$k8Ad.16604@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194528&group=rec.arts.tv#194528

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 07:31:59 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 12:31 UTC

On 7/14/23 9:30 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 7/13/23 9:45 PM, Rhino wrote:

>>> I have to wonder how low your IQ would have to be to think book banning
>>> had something to do with "liberty." The stupidity and ignorance is
>>> stunning, and yet at the same time par for the course with the right
>>> wing.
>>
>> And yet it was all the "progressive" regimes like the Soviet Union
>> that banned books like 1984 and writers like their own Solzhenitsyn.
>> Even today, China bans pictures of Winnie the Pooh because they are
>> deemed to be critical of Xi Jingping.
>>
>> How do you not KNOW that, you flaming imbecile?
>
> What makes you think I didn't know that, dimwit?
>
> You seem to understand how bad the practice is, but don't seem to
> understand that it applies to you conservatives now.
>
> Yup, your buddies are as bad as the Communist China and Communist
> Russia.  You've just made my point for me.  Again.

Rhino doesn't usually respond to me directly, apparently now he's a
sockpuppet of OKT's. If we're lucky the original got incinerated in a
Canadian wildfire.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<brg8bipihiled25hp2ga4vehlhi1drk45o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194716&group=rec.arts.tv#194716

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 12:36:13 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 16 Jul 2023 19:36 UTC

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:30:19 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 7/13/23 9:45 PM, Rhino wrote:

Which is really remarkable given that MANY of black heroes are pro
athletes. (Which I don't begrudge them - it's just odd to turn on
them)

Any cretin knows that Neo-Nazis and any other noxious group will
recruit any time any way the can. Just like any other group they have
interests beyond the obvious ones ( in their case the numbers 14 -
which wasn't even a Hitler quote - and 88)

Judging by what athletes say when presented with a microphone it
certainly seems like a good guess!

I'm chiefly amazed anybody actually needs that explained to them.

>> And yet it was all the "progressive" regimes like the Soviet Union that banned books like 1984 and writers like their own Solzhenitsyn. Even today, China bans pictures of Winnie the Pooh because they are deemed to be critical of Xi Jingping.
>>
>> How do you not KNOW that, you flaming imbecile?
>
>What makes you think I didn't know that, dimwit?

Given you're advocating the exact opposite it's a reasonable guess.
Bottom line is that if Rhino is mistaken then you and your idol are in
direct opposition.

>You seem to understand how bad the practice is, but don't seem to
>understand that it applies to you conservatives now.

I'd say he's more than made the point that this is much more of a far
left problem than all but the extremely right wing which he wasn't
really talking about but rather relatively moderate conservatives.

Americans tend to get the odd idea that "Conservative" in 2023 means
the Trumpian Looney Fringe. Even if you accept the untrue supposition
that ALL US Republicans are whacko Trumpsters there are plenty of
other places in the world who have right wings and most of them are
nothing like the aforementioned whacko Trumpsters.

>Yup, your buddies are as bad as the Communist China and Communist
>Russia. You've just made my point for me. Again.

Just because Putin was former KGB that doesn't mean he's more Lenin
than Pinochet. Actually Putin allows his folks a fair degree of
freedom as long as it's unconditionally understood that when called on
to take a stand it will be "Heil Putin" whenever and wherever the man
in the Kremlin demands and that there will be no hesitation in doing
so when called on. For all his sins and they are many, Biden has never
demanded that.

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<92acae98-0f6e-4171-a005-74dfc6fcafaan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195364&group=rec.arts.tv#195364

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 02:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 09:39 UTC

https://twitter.com/stone_toss/status/1678580067494944769?s=19

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] Apparently, fitness is now far right

<u9dnep$376g2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195366&group=rec.arts.tv#195366

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 06:42:33 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 10:42 UTC

On 7/12/23 11:53 AM, Rhino wrote:
> This came up in my YouTube recommendations just now:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtt8kWE4Kg [4 minutes]
>
> Apparently exercise is now being used to ensnare people in "far right"
> chat rooms.
>
> Do the people who come up with these cockamamie theories ever THINK
> before tweeting?

You watch a lot of videos from March of 2022, do you?
Let us know when you catch up with the rest of us in 2023.

Hopefully before 2025...