Delta: The kids will love our inflatable slides. -- David Letterman

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 In Recovery

SubjectAuthor
* "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 In ReUbiquitous
+* Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 IIan J. Ball
|`* Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cultanim8rfsk
| `- Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 IIan J. Ball
`- Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- Andchromebook test

1
"One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 In Recovery

<u8m37q$38tq1$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193973&group=rec.arts.tv#193973

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 In Recovery
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 04:30:44 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 08:30 UTC

�One Tree Hill� actress Bethany Joy Lenz recently came clean about her past,
saying that the had spent a decade of her life in a cult � and another ten
years after that recovering from the experience.

Lenz, who has recently appeared in several Hallmark Channel movies, made the
admission Monday alongside fellow �One Tree Hill� alums Sophia Bush and
Hilarie Burton Morgan on their �Drama Queens� podcast.

�I would love to write about my experience, you know, I was in a cult for 10
years. That would be a really valuable experience to write about, and the
recovery � 10 years of recovery after that,� she said. �So, there�s a lot to
tell.�

The �Five Star Christmas� actress said that she had started to write down
some of her experiences, but hadn�t really been able to put it all together.
�ADHD has made it really difficult over the years,� she added, saying that if
she could ever �really commit to putting it all together, I would love to
write about my experience.�

She went on to say that the other people she would be writing about could
also complicate the process, noting that she wanted to get things exactly
right but she also had to be sure to stay within legal boundaries.

�The pressure of getting it right and everything having to be exactly real
and all the people that are involved, and also I don�t know how much I can
say because there are still people and legal things in place that make it
more complicated for the timing of that,� she said.

Lenz and her costars recently came forward with accusations against �One Tree
Hill� show runner Mark Schwahn, saying that he threatened Bush and Burton
Morgan with loss of their jobs if they refused to do a sexy photo shoot for
Maxim. Lenz said that Schwahn informed her she was �too fat� for the shoot.

Hilarie Burton Morgan, Sophia Bush Allege �One Tree Hill� Showrunner
Told Them to do �Maxim� Shoot or �Lose Their Jobs�
https://t.co/yKdOZA1obt

� The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 30, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 In Recovery

<u8m9dv$39o16$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193981&group=rec.arts.tv#193981

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 06:22:07 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 13:22 UTC

On 2023-07-12 08:30:44 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> “One Tree Hill” actress Bethany Joy Lenz recently came clean about her past,
> saying that the had spent a decade of her life in a cult – and another ten
> years after that recovering from the experience.

Really unhelpful that the actual years she was in the cult are never
mentioned here.

But it would explain why Lenz has gone through several iteration of her
name over the course of her career, esp. earlier on.

Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 In Recovery

<1137415238.710871984.953845.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194014&group=rec.arts.tv#194014

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult
-- And Another 10 In Recovery
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 09:36:20 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:36 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-07-12 08:30:44 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> “One Tree Hill” actress Bethany Joy Lenz recently came clean about her past,
>> saying that the had spent a decade of her life in a cult – and another ten
>> years after that recovering from the experience.
>
> Really unhelpful that the actual years she was in the cult are never
> mentioned here.
>
> But it would explain why Lenz has gone through several iteration of her
> name over the course of her career, esp. earlier on.

Any relation to Kay Lenz?

Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 In Recovery

<u8mlkb$3b4c1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194021&group=rec.arts.tv#194021

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 09:50:20 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 16:50 UTC

On 2023-07-12 16:36:20 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-07-12 08:30:44 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> “One Tree Hill” actress Bethany Joy Lenz recently came clean about her past,
>>> saying that the had spent a decade of her life in a cult – and another ten
>>> years after that recovering from the experience.
>>
>> Really unhelpful that the actual years she was in the cult are never
>> mentioned here.
>>
>> But it would explain why Lenz has gone through several iteration of her
>> name over the course of her career, esp. earlier on.
>
> Any relation to Kay Lenz?

This was asked years ago, and I am pretty sure the answer was no.

Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And Another 10 In Recovery

<875f3864-ab26-472b-a200-ec62486509e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194024&group=rec.arts.tv#194024

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 10:29:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "One Tree Hill" Star Admits She Spent 10 Years In A Cult -- And
Another 10 In Recovery
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 17:29 UTC

On Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 7:36:33 AM UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
> “One Tree Hill” actress Bethany Joy Lenz recently came clean about her past,
> saying that the had spent a decade of her life in a cult – and another ten
> years after that recovering from the experience.

She hasn't gone far, she still believes in an invisible sky god who had sex with his mother before he was born.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bethany-joy-lenz-one-tree-hill-says-she-spent-10-years-cult

--------

beware skygods who promise a new mind, a new body, on a new earth in a new Jerusalem.

what exactly becomes of those in the old Jerusalem?

---------

keep a song in your heart !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwz_TEnFef4