From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Law & Order 2008 episode setting bail
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:48:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:48 UTC

In the arraignment scene, Rubirosa (Alana de la Garza) asked that the
defendant be held in pre-trial confinement. There's an outstanding
warrant from Florida for having skipped out on bail in an unrelated
case. Despite this, the judge sets very high bail. The defendant obtains
it from a couple of acquaintances, then promptly skips out on bail. New
York bail is promptly forfeit. The acquaintences object to losing money.

Isn't a court in one state obligated to honor a warrant issued by a court
in another state under the full faith and credit clause?

Shouldn't he have been held in custody till Florida decided whether to
seek extradition on the prior case?

Re: Law & Order 2008 episode setting bail

<ZbCcnfzP6Noxwi35nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194274&group=rec.arts.tv#194274

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Law & Order 2008 episode setting bail
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 20:33:48 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 20:33 UTC

On Jul 13, 2023 at 11:48:40 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com>
wrote:

> In the arraignment scene, Rubirosa (Alana de la Garza) asked that the
> defendant be held in pre-trial confinement. There's an outstanding
> warrant from Florida for having skipped out on bail in an unrelated
> case. Despite this, the judge sets very high bail. The defendant obtains
> it from a couple of acquaintances, then promptly skips out on bail. New
> York bail is promptly forfeit. The acquaintences object to losing money.
>
> Isn't a court in one state obligated to honor a warrant issued by a court
> in another state under the full faith and credit clause?
>
> Shouldn't he have been held in custody till Florida decided whether to
> seek extradition on the prior case?

Yes.