From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: SILO Season 1 episode 6 - The Relic
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 19:36:18 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 23:36 UTC

Juliet manages to hide the pez dispenser in Trumbull's place
so that it gets found by her people. Meanwhile we get flashbacks
to her spending private time with George. She doesn't ask the
important question of what is the Silo's biggest question.

Juliet is searching for info on the plastic thing they "found" in
the killers home. (Pez dispenser) Of course the guy from Judicial
gives her grief about not having turned the relic over to Judicial
within the 12 hour window. She goes to see the head of Judicial, Judge
Meadows, to use the relic as a means to open a more wide spread
investigation under the guise of preventing unrest

Juliet and Billings go to see Kennedy, a guy who has been know to deal
in relics to see if he can help. After talking with and threatening
him aboard bit he gives them a name of someone who knows about relics.
Meanwhile we see Common looking up the Pez dispenser on their private
database in Judicial. The dispenser shows up with an image and marked
as Pre-Silo. Which raises all sorts of questions of how that Pez
dispenser from down below the Silo was also on a Judicial database,
but no one knew about it or where it was. Just one more mystery of the
Silo.

Juliet and Billings go to talk Regina Jackson. She says that she used
to be in a relationship with George and that she used to get relics
for him. So why is Regina able to purchase relics that Judicial had
marked already as illegal. So they knew about them and should have had
them locked away.

Mr Sims (Common) tries to go after the Juliet for planting the Pez
dispenser. However the Mayor brings up that Trumbull may have been on
the search party and took the Pez dispenser so he wants the matter
dropped. Turns out that Billings has the Syndrome (which we know
causes pain in the extremities and can cause the hands to shake) so he
really shouldn't be a Deputy.

Juliet flashes back to asking George about the big question to which
he responds "There's a lot of them. What's outside? What's beyond what
the sensor can see? Why are we here? How long have we been here? How
much time do we have left" and then the biggest one of what if
everything you know to be true was just one big lie.

Juliet goes for a walk and calls her friend Walk on the radio. She
says she plans to turn in the badge and resign in the morning, but she
still hasn't figured out what happened. Walk convinces Juliet to keep
working the job.

She then goes back to Regina's and accuses her of being the one who
gave up George and got him killed. Regina says that one night she
wakes up and there's a man in her bedroom. She can't see anything
because the lamp was unplugged.

He tells her to not move. He wants her to tell him everything,
everyone. He threatened her family and kept a close eye on her and
would return every night to tell her who she talked to that day, all
in an effort to scare her into giving up every name she had of people
with relics or dealing in them. He was able to hear all of her
conversations so she's put up sound dampeners to try and keep him from
hearing her conversations. Regina says George died because he didn't
give up the hard drive. Regina says that to get the hard drive he gave
her a mat that contained a gift from his mother. Something that
apparently had been passed down the family over the years from before
the Silo. It's a travel book to Georgia, the US state full of pictures
and descriptions of various spots to visit in the state.

Now we begin to see the truth of things as the camera pulls back and
we see Juliet on a screen on a wall full of various monitors showing
people and data while a guy watches the screens. One of the watchers
says to the other, "You have to wake him up." So this is something
like ASCENSION, some sort of long term experiment much like was
suspected from the first episode.

Re: SILO Season 1 episode 6 - The Relic

<u8d6fa$21cmt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193604&group=rec.arts.tv#193604

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: SILO Season 1 episode 6 - The Relic
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 19:36:26 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 02:36 UTC

On 2023-06-10 23:36:18 +0000, shawn said:

> Juliet manages to hide the pez dispenser in Trumbull's place
> so that it gets found by her people. Meanwhile we get flashbacks
> to her spending private time with George. She doesn't ask the
> important question of what is the Silo's biggest question.
>
> Juliet is searching for info on the plastic thing they "found" in
> the killers home. (Pez dispenser) Of course the guy from Judicial
> gives her grief about not having turned the relic over to Judicial
> within the 12 hour window. She goes to see the head of Judicial, Judge
> Meadows, to use the relic as a means to open a more wide spread
> investigation under the guise of preventing unrest
>
> Juliet and Billings go to see Kennedy, a guy who has been know to deal
> in relics to see if he can help. After talking with and threatening
> him aboard bit he gives them a name of someone who knows about relics.
> Meanwhile we see Common looking up the Pez dispenser on their private
> database in Judicial. The dispenser shows up with an image and marked
> as Pre-Silo. Which raises all sorts of questions of how that Pez
> dispenser from down below the Silo was also on a Judicial database,
> but no one knew about it or where it was. Just one more mystery of the
> Silo.
>
> Juliet and Billings go to talk Regina Jackson. She says that she used
> to be in a relationship with George and that she used to get relics
> for him. So why is Regina able to purchase relics that Judicial had
> marked already as illegal. So they knew about them and should have had
> them locked away.
>
> Mr Sims (Common) tries to go after the Juliet for planting the Pez
> dispenser. However the Mayor brings up that Trumbull may have been on
> the search party and took the Pez dispenser so he wants the matter
> dropped. Turns out that Billings has the Syndrome (which we know
> causes pain in the extremities and can cause the hands to shake) so he
> really shouldn't be a Deputy.
>
> Juliet flashes back to asking George about the big question to which
> he responds "There's a lot of them. What's outside? What's beyond what
> the sensor can see? Why are we here? How long have we been here? How
> much time do we have left" and then the biggest one of what if
> everything you know to be true was just one big lie.
>
> Juliet goes for a walk and calls her friend Walk on the radio. She
> says she plans to turn in the badge and resign in the morning, but she
> still hasn't figured out what happened. Walk convinces Juliet to keep
> working the job.

Considering what happens, Juliette should never have listened to Walk!!
She would have been much better off just going back down to the "Down
Deep"!

> She then goes back to Regina's and accuses her of being the one who
> gave up George and got him killed. Regina says that one night she
> wakes up and there's a man in her bedroom. She can't see anything
> because the lamp was unplugged.
>
> He tells her to not move. He wants her to tell him everything,
> everyone. He threatened her family and kept a close eye on her and
> would return every night to tell her who she talked to that day, all
> in an effort to scare her into giving up every name she had of people
> with relics or dealing in them. He was able to hear all of her
> conversations so she's put up sound dampeners to try and keep him from
> hearing her conversations. Regina says George died because he didn't
> give up the hard drive. Regina says that to get the hard drive he gave
> her a mat that contained a gift from his mother.

So, one question that has never been answered is - Where did the hard
drive come from?! It's "#18", which implies it's likely post-Silo, but
pre-pre-rebellion.

But it's never explained where it had come from. (Similar to the Pez
dispenser.)

> Something that
> apparently had been passed down the family over the years from before
> the Silo. It's a travel book to Georgia,

A *childrens* travel book!

> the US state full of pictures
> and descriptions of various spots to visit in the state.
>
> Now we begin to see the truth of things as the camera pulls back and
> we see Juliet on a screen on a wall full of various monitors showing
> people and data while a guy watches the screens. One of the watchers
> says to the other, "You have to wake him up." So this is something
> like ASCENSION, some sort of long term experiment much like was
> suspected from the first episode.

Nope!

But I think you guessed right on one thing from episode #1, that I
started wondering about in episode #2! ;)

Re: SILO Season 1 episode 6 - The Relic

<OyadnaTqNqiQFS75nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194624&group=rec.arts.tv#194624

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 06:02:53 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 16 Jul 2023 06:02 UTC

On Jun 10, 2023 at 4:36:18 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> Now we begin to see the truth of things as the camera pulls back and
> we see Juliet on a screen on a wall full of various monitors showing
> people and data while a guy watches the screens. One of the watchers
> says to the other, "You have to wake him up." So this is something
> like ASCENSION, some sort of long term experiment much like was
> suspected from the first episode.

Hmm... I didn't get that they were being watched by people from outside the
Silo. I thought it was just more Orwellian surveillance from Judicial.

Re: SILO Season 1 episode 6 - The Relic

<u90vne$psqe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194691&group=rec.arts.tv#194691

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 07:43:58 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 16 Jul 2023 14:43 UTC

On 2023-07-16 06:02:53 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> On Jun 10, 2023 at 4:36:18 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Now we begin to see the truth of things as the camera pulls back and
>> we see Juliet on a screen on a wall full of various monitors showing
>> people and data while a guy watches the screens. One of the watchers
>> says to the other, "You have to wake him up." So this is something
>> like ASCENSION, some sort of long term experiment much like was
>> suspected from the first episode.
>
> Hmm... I didn't get that they were being watched by people from outside the
> Silo. I thought it was just more Orwellian surveillance from Judicial.

No, you are correct - it's people from inside the Silo.

It's not lke "Ascension".