arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)Ubiquitous
  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
  |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
  |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)Ubiquitous
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)Bering Sea Bar & Brig

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

<UBI20230716@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194777&group=rec.arts.tv#194777

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 08:30 UTC

I watched:

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WONDER WOMAN:
"The Starships Are Coming". A man vanishes during a UFO sighting and
starships are reported strafing a rural area on a local TV channel. Hey, it's
Andros wearing an eyepatch as a disguise and Larry Tate! Of course, it's all
an elaborate hoax to convince Andros to nuke China, a la the so-called War of
the Worlds incident.

Baywatching Nights: Just a Gigolo:
Mitch and Ryan go undercover at a country club while Garner does more
interesting things in the background.
https://youtu.be/XTyFrECpugY

THE MARVELS TEASER TRAILER REACTION | Film Threat Reviews:
In summary, it appears to have been made for pre-teen girls, and not very
smart ones at that.
https://youtu.be/aLvC0pIE8BE

Baywatching Nights: Kind of a Drag:
Mitch must go undercover as a female impersonator. Also, he's dating two
ladies named Cindy who may or may not be the same person.
https://youtu.be/H0xPSetONkI

FRINGE:
"Peter". Walter visits and explains to Olivia how, in 1985, he invented a
window-like device that allowed him to witness events in the parallel
universe. A younger Walter observes that, in the alternate universe, the
other Walter (whom he nicknames "Walternate") is working on a cure for the
genetic condition that is killing young Peter in both universes. One evening,
however, Peter dies in Walter's arms. After the funeral, Walter witnesses his
alternate self successfully synthesizing the cure, but Walternate is
distracted by an Observer and misses seeing the experimental result that
confirms his success. Walter then decides to perfect the cure himself and
administer it to the alternate Peter. Walter finishes the medicine and
travels to Reiden Lake to open a portal. Nina Sharp, alerted by Walter's
colleague, arrives and tries to stop him, fearing that breaking the barrier
between the two universes will destroy both. In their struggle, Walter falls,
but makes it through the portal; Nina grabs him as the portal closes, and her
arm is damaged by the energy. Walter discovers that his fall broke the vial
of medicine. He picks up Peter and returns to the other side to make more of
the cure, but the frozen lake cracks beneath them and they fall through the
ice. The Observer September saves them, explaining to Walter that Peter is
important and must live. After curing Peter, Walter recants his original idea
to return him because both he and Elizabeth, Peter's mother, do not wish to
lose him again. I don't think I've seen this one before.

FAMILY GUY:
Several eps.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

<524587322.711555802.892741.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195197&group=rec.arts.tv#195197

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 07:25:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 14:25 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>
> WE ARE THE 80'S
>
> WE ARE THE 80'S
>
> WE ARE THE 80'S
>
> WONDER WOMAN:
> "The Starships Are Coming". A man vanishes during a UFO sighting and
> starships are reported strafing a rural area on a local TV channel. Hey, it's
> Andros wearing an eyepatch as a disguise and Larry Tate! Of course, it's all
> an elaborate hoax to convince Andros to nuke China, a la the so-called War of
> the Worlds incident.
>
> Baywatching Nights: Just a Gigolo:
> Mitch and Ryan go undercover at a country club while Garner does more
> interesting things in the background.
> https://youtu.be/XTyFrECpugY
>
> THE MARVELS TEASER TRAILER REACTION | Film Threat Reviews:
> In summary, it appears to have been made for pre-teen girls, and not very
> smart ones at that.
> https://youtu.be/aLvC0pIE8BE

Not only does it look just awful, notice that the publicity is pushing the
Muslim marvel first and the black marvel, third with stinky cheese, just
stuck in the middle with no special acknowledgment. It’s as if they’re
trying to make Larson angry enough to quit the franchise. I hope they
succeed.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

<u9drkt$37nll$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195373&group=rec.arts.tv#195373

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> THE MARVELS TEASER TRAILER REACTION | Film Threat Reviews:
>> In summary, it appears to have been made for pre-teen girls, and not very
>> smart ones at that.
>> https://youtu.be/aLvC0pIE8BE
>
>Not only does it look just awful, notice that the publicity is pushing the
>Muslim marvel first and the black marvel, third with stinky cheese, just
>stuck in the middle with no special acknowledgment. It's as if they're
>trying to make Larson angry enough to quit the franchise. I hope they
>succeed.

Did Nissan get rid of her yet?

I keep seeing new commercials but I'm not sure if it's a different woman or
her in a disguise.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

<u9dtvl$38cjs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195374&group=rec.arts.tv#195374

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 05:33:57 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 12:33 UTC

On 2023-07-21 08:30:43 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> THE MARVELS TEASER TRAILER REACTION | Film Threat Reviews:
>>> In summary, it appears to have been made for pre-teen girls, and not very
>>> smart ones at that.
>>> https://youtu.be/aLvC0pIE8BE
>>
>> Not only does it look just awful, notice that the publicity is pushing the
>> Muslim marvel first and the black marvel, third with stinky cheese, just
>> stuck in the middle with no special acknowledgment. It's as if they're
>> trying to make Larson angry enough to quit the franchise. I hope they
>> succeed.
>
> Did Nissan get rid of her yet?
>
> I keep seeing new commercials but I'm not sure if it's a different woman or
> her in a disguise.

I don't think so - I think I've seen a new ad with her within the past
few weeks.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

<122319639.711638102.072020.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195381&group=rec.arts.tv#195381

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 06:17:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 13:17 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> THE MARVELS TEASER TRAILER REACTION | Film Threat Reviews:
>>> In summary, it appears to have been made for pre-teen girls, and not very
>>> smart ones at that.
>>> https://youtu.be/aLvC0pIE8BE
>>
>> Not only does it look just awful, notice that the publicity is pushing the
>> Muslim marvel first and the black marvel, third with stinky cheese, just
>> stuck in the middle with no special acknowledgment. It's as if they're
>> trying to make Larson angry enough to quit the franchise. I hope they
>> succeed.
>
> Did Nissan get rid of her yet?
>
> I keep seeing new commercials but I'm not sure if it's a different woman or
> her in a disguise.

I see three sets of commercials for Nissan in current rotation. One only
has stinky cheese. One has both stinky cheese and a diverse man driving
different cars side-by-side. The third has a diverse woman instead of
stinky cheese.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

<684322494.711638208.431554.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195382&group=rec.arts.tv#195382

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 06:17:28 -0700

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-07-21 08:30:43 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Not only does it look just awful, notice that the publicity is pushing the
>>> Muslim marvel first and the black marvel, third with stinky cheese, just
>>> stuck in the middle with no special acknowledgment. It's as if they're
>>> trying to make Larson angry enough to quit the franchise. I hope they
>>> succeed.
>>
>> Did Nissan get rid of her yet?
>>
>> I keep seeing new commercials but I'm not sure if it's a different woman or
>> her in a disguise.
>
> I don't think so - I think I've seen a new ad with her within the past
> few weeks.

Sad but true.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

<bb4e346b-e22c-4cff-9934-dc37c7d11956n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195530&group=rec.arts.tv#195530

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 15:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 22:00 UTC

On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 6:54:11 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> anim...@cox.net wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> >> THE MARVELS TEASER TRAILER REACTION | Film Threat Reviews:
> >> In summary, it appears to have been made for pre-teen girls, and not very
> >> smart ones at that.
> >> https://youtu.be/aLvC0pIE8BE
> >
> >Not only does it look just awful, notice that the publicity is pushing the
> >Muslim marvel first and the black marvel, third with stinky cheese, just
> >stuck in the middle with no special acknowledgment. It's as if they're
> >trying to make Larson angry enough to quit the franchise. I hope they
> >succeed.
> Did Nissan get rid of her yet?
>
> I keep seeing new commercials but I'm not sure if it's a different woman or
> her in a disguise.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

I watched live traffic as I waited for the city bus in Milwaukee. Maybe meatball Ron can pray for a drivers ed refresher course for the cheesehead drivers who block intersections when traffic ahead of them is stopped. It took 3 traffic signal cycles for the bus to crawl 1 block past the clogged intersection to my stop. Lenny and Squiggys spawn are dumb.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-16 (Sunday)

<u9m6tq$neuf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195819&group=rec.arts.tv#195819

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:55:38 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:55 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Not only does it look just awful, notice that the publicity is pushing
>>> the Muslim marvel first and the black marvel, third with stinky cheese,
>>> just stuck in the middle with no special acknowledgment. It's as if
>>> they're trying to make Larson angry enough to quit the franchise. I hope
>>> they succeed.
>>
>> Did Nissan get rid of her yet?
>>
>> I keep seeing new commercials but I'm not sure if it's a different woman
>> or her in a disguise.
>
>I see three sets of commercials for Nissan in current rotation. One only
>has stinky cheese. One has both stinky cheese and a diverse man driving
>different cars side-by-side. The third has a diverse woman instead of
>stinky cheese.

It could be a wig and makeup...

--
Let's go Brandon!