arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Professor Bubba
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
 |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
 |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 ||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
 || `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 ||  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)shawn
 ||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
 | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 |  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)BTR1701
 |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
 ||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 || `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
 |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)The Horny Goat
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<UBI20230718@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194988&group=rec.arts.tv#194988

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:30 UTC

I watched:

Disney "Snow White" Remake is GOD-AWFUL | Leaked Photos SO BAD They Make My
HEAD Want to Explode!:
When I saw the leaked photos of the falsely named "Snow White" live action
remake that Disney is making, I thought it was a joke, and when I saw it
wasn't, my jaw hit the damn floor. The result is one of the funniest and
angriest rants I've ever posted. Holy crap, I find it hard to believe, even
after all the horrible things that Disney has done, that they could seriously
sink THIS low! But seeing is believing folks, so take a look at these photos
and judge for yourself as Harvey Chtuhlu and the Skull of Calderon join me in
roasting Disney for this, possibly the worst thing they have ever done! Join
us as we watch with great amusement the coming train wreck in the Magic
Kingdom! #disney #snowwhite #fail
https://youtu.be/XOpuT_pmxr0

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS:
"Mike Pence Teaches Campaigns How to Lose a Primary in 1 Interview! | 7/17/23".
BlazeTV contributor Eric July and guest Blake Kresses join the show to recap
last Friday's Blaze Media event, the FAMiLY Leadership Summit, which featured
six 2024 Republican primary presidential candidates. Blaze Media teamed up with
the FAMiLY Leader and host Tucker Carlson to bring in-depth interviews with key
candidates. During the forum, former Vice President Mike Pence was grilled by
former Fox News hosts on a slew of topics, but his stance on the Ukraine war
really decimated his presidential run. The completion of the Secret Service
investigation into cocaine found on the White House premises has left many
questions unanswered. Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi revealed that
the owner of the drug remains unidentified, citing concerns about infringing on
civil rights. Critics, including Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, argue that the
investigation was mishandled, pointing out that President Biden's son, Hunter
Biden, was not interviewed.
https://youtu.be/mkf2QnP9BiU

DARK SIDE OF THE 2000s:
"Jon & Kate Plus 8: Family Circus". When the Gosselin uses their fame to
further their divorce, they shatter the image of the ideal American family.
Wow, I didn't realize what a bitch Katie really was!

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<281020230719005361%bubba@nowhere.edu.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=194996&group=rec.arts.tv#194996

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)
From: bub...@nowhere.edu.invalid (Professor Bubba)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:38:31 -0400
 by: Professor Bubba - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 12:38 UTC

In article <UBI20230718@dont-email.me>,
weberm@polaris.net wrote:

>I watched:
>
>Disney "Snow White" Remake is GOD-AWFUL | Leaked Photos SO BAD They Make My
>HEAD Want to Explode!:
>When I saw the leaked photos of the falsely named "Snow White" live action
>remake that Disney is making, I thought it was a joke, and when I saw it
>wasn't, my jaw hit the damn floor. The result is one of the funniest and
>angriest rants I've ever posted. Holy crap, I find it hard to believe, even
>after all the horrible things that Disney has done, that they could seriously
>sink THIS low! But seeing is believing folks, so take a look at these photos
>and judge for yourself as Harvey Chtuhlu and the Skull of Calderon join me in
>roasting Disney for this, possibly the worst thing they have ever done! Join
>us as we watch with great amusement the coming train wreck in the Magic
>Kingdom! #disney #snowwhite #fail
>https://youtu.be/XOpuT_pmxr0

The great irony of all this is Disney attempting to be inclusive has been
very uninclusive to dwarf actors and stuntmen looking for work

>THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS:
>"Mike Pence Teaches Campaigns How to Lose a Primary in 1 Interview! | 7/17/23".
>BlazeTV contributor Eric July and guest Blake Kresses join the show to recap
>last Friday's Blaze Media event, the FAMiLY Leadership Summit, which featured
>six 2024 Republican primary presidential candidates. Blaze Media teamed up with
>the FAMiLY Leader and host Tucker Carlson to bring in-depth interviews with key
>candidates. During the forum, former Vice President Mike Pence was grilled by
>former Fox News hosts on a slew of topics, but his stance on the Ukraine war
>really decimated his presidential run. The completion of the Secret Service
>investigation into cocaine found on the White House premises has left many
>questions unanswered. Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi revealed that
>the owner of the drug remains unidentified, citing concerns about infringing on
>civil rights. Critics, including Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, argue that the
>investigation was mishandled, pointing out that President Biden's son, Hunter
>Biden, was not interviewed.
>https://youtu.be/mkf2QnP9BiU
>
>DARK SIDE OF THE 2000s:
>"Jon & Kate Plus 8: Family Circus". When the Gosselin uses their fame to
>further their divorce, they shatter the image of the ideal American family.
>Wow, I didn't realize what a bitch Katie really was!

Who?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u98v0j$26un4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195020&group=rec.arts.tv#195020

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:20:51 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 15:20 UTC

On 2023-07-19 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

More movies and soaps:

soaps: DOOL - Leo Stark proves that he has no redeeming qualities when
he betrays Gwen, in *two* different ways!! (What a scumbag!)
BoosterBrady gets arrested for pulling the gun on Kristen, and Trask
insists that Brady be charged. But will Kristen drop the charges, in
exchange for partial custody? (Brady should want to be rid of that kid
- she's clearly pure EVOL.) Gabi pulls a gun on Li, but as usual Gabi
fails to follow through. Stefan continues to be an ass**** (for once,
EJ is right!).
GH - Anna manages to talk Jackson Montgomery into dropping the
charges against Lucy and Felicia. I think they are about to introduce
one of Martin Gray's ex-wives on the show. (Probably explains why they
are dropping Scotty Baldwin...) More nonsense with "Eddie Maine" that
didn't go anywhere. Tracy Q. witness Gregory having one of this
"attacks", and Alexis shows up to help Gregory away.

A Day to Die (Hulu) - Kevin Dillon, is, "A Day to Die"!!
This 2022 flick (filmed early 2021) is a later Bruce Willis flick,
though the film's real stars are Kevin Dillon, and Frank Grillo and
Leon - Willis is in a more supporting role in this.
The director of this film is clever. Willis has clearly declined by
this point, and has no real direct interaction in scenes with co-stars
- but the director, Wes Miller, is clever: he makes sure that one of
the costars is standing in the background when Willis delivers a good
percentage of his lines. I bet that was tough on the costars, but it
makes for a better experience, as at least the camera in not just on
Willis alone when he's delivering his lines.
However, this film relies heavily "quick takes/cuts" of Willis, and
on ADR for Willis' dialogue - and in at least two places in this film,
it is quite clear that Willis is *not* doing the ADR on the lines for
his character's dialogue! I have no idea what is up with that - they
must have changed the lines in post, and Willis was clearly no longer
available (or able?) to do additional ADR for his role. So they just
got somebody else to do it!
Anyway, this film is pretty much a mess. (It has a whoppin' 3.5/10
on IMDb!) It's obstensibly a action "crime/caper" flick, but it's all
over the place, and I thought the ending was particularly terrible and
nonsensical.
Brooke Butler has a significant role in this flick, as Dillon's
(kidnapped) wife, which is good. But she's also fucked up her face with
too much lip collegen, which is not good. :|

The Aggression Scale (Tubi) - Wow! A Fabianne Therese flick that I
haven't seen yet?!!
Watching this was an odd experience... I think I must have seen part
of this flick before - I had a strong sense of deja vu when the two
teens were chased through the car dealership, like I had seen that part
of the movie before. But I definitely have never seen all of this flick
all the way through, as the beginning of the film, especially, rang no
bells with me.
Anyway, the idea of a "Home
Alone"-with-besieged-kid-using-real-violence type flick isn't "new" -
there have been a number of these kinds of films recently (incl.
"Violent Night"), but this 2012 film may be one of the first examples
of this subgenre, if not "the first"!
In this one, Ray Wise (in virtually a cameo role) plays a recently
bailed out crime lord who sends a brutal underling (Dana Ashbrook) (and
accompanying thugs) to eliminate all of the people who might have
stolen some money from him - and to retrieve the stolen money.
Meanwhile, a recently married couple are moving into a new house
(cross country?), and trying to create a new family, though the woman's
17-year old daughter (Fabianne Therese) wants nothing to do with it;
meanwhile, the dude's roughly 14-year old son is mute, and may be
developmentally challenged, or something.
It's not long before the two stories intersect. At that point, the
"weird" son (and they do explain what is going on with him eventually)
springs into action to save Therese's character, and take some
righteous vengeance on the mob man's attackers.
This was decent enough in a "Home Alone"-with-real-violence kind of
way. But I was annoyed that Therese's character proved to be so
generally useless. (They also toy with giving us naked nudity, but it's
all a tease!)
Also, I would have liked a more definitive ending (how are these
kids going to survive in the world now?!).

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<936394528.711473495.017073.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195024&group=rec.arts.tv#195024

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:52:45 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 15:52 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>
> Disney "Snow White" Remake is GOD-AWFUL | Leaked Photos SO BAD They Make My
> HEAD Want to Explode!:
> When I saw the leaked photos of the falsely named "Snow White" live action
> remake that Disney is making, I thought it was a joke, and when I saw it
> wasn't, my jaw hit the damn floor. The result is one of the funniest and
> angriest rants I've ever posted. Holy crap, I find it hard to believe, even
> after all the horrible things that Disney has done, that they could seriously
> sink THIS low! But seeing is believing folks, so take a look at these photos
> and judge for yourself as Harvey Chtuhlu and the Skull of Calderon join me in
> roasting Disney for this, possibly the worst thing they have ever done! Join
> us as we watch with great amusement the coming train wreck in the Magic
> Kingdom! #disney #snowwhite #fail
> https://youtu.be/XOpuT_pmxr0

Their biggest problem is casting Gal Gadot as the evil queen and we’re
supposed to believe Snow White is prettier than her.

> DARK SIDE OF THE 2000s:
> "Jon & Kate Plus 8: Family Circus". When the Gosselin

The who?

> uses their fame

Their what?

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

I’ve watched the entire run (to date) of SNW. Only one good episode out of
15.

I watched episode five of SECRETIVE INVASION.
Stupid.
Pointless.
Boring.

I don’t remember if I talked about THE LAZARUS MAN PROJECT. I want George
dead. I want George’s girlfriend dead. I want the atomic bomb to get them
all.

Obvious is paying much more attention than I am and is sort of able to
explain to me what’s going on although we do agree that it’s mostly big
stupid.

A couple, more episodes of LAWMAN, both early and late.

STARZ ON MARS
There’s a meme on the Facebook pertaining to the hot weather of a
children’s book with the title “please God blow up the sun“
That’s how I feel about this mars expedition.

The stupidest woman on two worlds, the one from modern family, keeps
talking about how smart she is, and how much she hates Lance Armstrong who
she thinks is the first man on the moon. The new people don’t like her
either. But there’s a coalition of incredibly dumb girls who just go around
chanting girls rule mars like they think it rhymes. This week HAB 1701 was
hit by meteorites and had a lot of puncture holes. the celeb knots, had to
go out in their suits and stick various parts of their body in the holes
until they were patched. They were all just trying to stand there quietly,
and the stupidest woman on two worlds was chattering in their ears
constantly what she thought was encouragement, and they were all ready to
kill her as was the audience.

They finally managed to explain to her that the people she was trying to
vote out were the strongest players, and she was only voting them out
because she hates them. So she let the two strongest players stay, and she
let Ronda Rousey stay because she likes her despite her being the weakest
(although they didn’t show what Ronda did wrong).

In the end they sent that she male home.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u9913i$27bvt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195026&group=rec.arts.tv#195026

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:56:34 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 15:56 UTC

On 2023-07-19 15:52:45 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> I’ve watched the entire run (to date) of SNW.

What's SNW?

> Only one good episode out of 15.
>
> I watched episode five of SECRETIVE INVASION.
> Stupid.
> Pointless.
> Boring.

Yeah, I will watch this. But I'm not looking forward to it, based on
the response to it.

> STARZ ON MARS
> There’s a meme on the Facebook pertaining to the hot weather of a
> children’s book with the title “please God blow up the sun“
> That’s how I feel about this mars expedition.
>
> The stupidest woman on two worlds, the one from modern family, keeps
> talking about how smart she is, and how much she hates Lance Armstrong who
> she thinks is the first man on the moon.

[sigh...]

Armstrong is a POS, no doubt. But she sounds terrible.

> The new people don’t like her
> either. But there’s a coalition of incredibly dumb girls who just go around
> chanting girls rule mars like they think it rhymes.

Ha!

> This week HAB 1701 was
> hit by meteorites and had a lot of puncture holes. the celeb knots, had to
> go out in their suits and stick various parts of their body in the holes
> until they were patched. They were all just trying to stand there quietly,
> and the stupidest woman on two worlds was chattering in their ears
> constantly what she thought was encouragement, and they were all ready to
> kill her as was the audience.

Ha!

> They finally managed to explain to her that the people she was trying to
> vote out were the strongest players, and she was only voting them out
> because she hates them. So she let the two strongest players stay, and she
> let Ronda Rousey stay because she likes her despite her being the weakest
> (although they didn’t show what Ronda did wrong).
>
> In the end they sent that she male home.

Who is that?...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<feacnYDvZKiIlSX5nZ2dnZfqnPEAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195028&group=rec.arts.tv#195028

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 15:58:13 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 15:58 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>
>> Disney "Snow White" Remake is GOD-AWFUL | Leaked Photos SO BAD They Make My
>> HEAD Want to Explode!:
>> When I saw the leaked photos of the falsely named "Snow White" live action
>> remake that Disney is making, I thought it was a joke, and when I saw it
>> wasn't, my jaw hit the damn floor. The result is one of the funniest and
>> angriest rants I've ever posted. Holy crap, I find it hard to believe, even
>> after all the horrible things that Disney has done, that they could seriously
>> sink THIS low! But seeing is believing folks, so take a look at these photos
>> and judge for yourself as Harvey Chtuhlu and the Skull of Calderon join me in
>> roasting Disney for this, possibly the worst thing they have ever done! Join
>> us as we watch with great amusement the coming train wreck in the Magic
>> Kingdom! #disney #snowwhite #fail
>> https://youtu.be/XOpuT_pmxr0
>>

> Their biggest problem is casting Gal Gadot as the evil queen and we’re
> supposed to believe Snow White is prettier than her.

I wasn't aware of that plot twist!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u995or$286ft$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195038&group=rec.arts.tv#195038

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 13:16:11 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 17:16 UTC

no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> Disney "Snow White" Remake is GOD-AWFUL | Leaked Photos SO BAD They Make
>>> My HEAD Want to Explode!:
>>> When I saw the leaked photos of the falsely named "Snow White" live
>>> action remake that Disney is making, I thought it was a joke, and when
>>> I saw it wasn't, my jaw hit the damn floor. The result is one of the
>>> funniest and angriest rants I've ever posted. Holy crap, I find it hard
>>> to believe, even after all the horrible things that Disney has done, that
>>> they could seriously sink THIS low! But seeing is believing folks, so
>>> take a look at these photos and judge for yourself as Harvey Chtuhlu and
>>> the Skull of Calderon join me in roasting Disney for this, possibly the
>>> worst thing they have ever done! Join us as we watch with great
>>> amusement the coming train wreck in the Magic Kingdom! #disney #snowwhite
>>> #fail
>>> https://youtu.be/XOpuT_pmxr0
>>
>> Their biggest problem is casting Gal Gadot as the evil queen and we're
>> supposed to believe Snow White is prettier than her.
>
>I wasn't aware of that plot twist!

Were you aware that she doesn't get kissed by Prince Charming and leads the
charge against the Wicked Queen's castle? :-O

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u9969v$286ft$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195040&group=rec.arts.tv#195040

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 13:25:18 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 17:25 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> DARK SIDE OF THE 2000s:
>> "Jon & Kate Plus 8: Family Circus". When the Gosselin
>
> The who?

It was one of the original hidden reality shows featuring a mother with
n-tuplets, in this case, five or six.

>> uses their fame
>
> Their what?

I remmeber the show was popular at the time. I am sure The Soup showed clips.

https://dai.ly/x964wx
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x964wx

>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>I've watched the entire run (to date) of SNW. Only one good episode out of
>15.

Saturday Night washing?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u997k2$28g9a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195043&group=rec.arts.tv#195043

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:47:47 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 17:47 UTC

On 7/19/2023 8:56 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-07-19 15:52:45 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> I’ve watched the entire run (to date) of SNW.
>
> What's SNW?

ST: Strange New Worlds I suspect.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<91234017.711480882.079121.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195045&group=rec.arts.tv#195045

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:49:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 17:49 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-07-19 15:52:45 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> I’ve watched the entire run (to date) of SNW.
>
> What's SNW?

Sorry. STRANGE NEW WORLDS (Star Trek) on P+

>> Only one good episode out of 15.
>>
>> I watched episode five of SECRETIVE INVASION.
>> Stupid.
>> Pointless.
>> Boring.
>
> Yeah, I will watch this. But I'm not looking forward to it, based on
> the response to it.

I am continuing to not give spoilers. But trust me, you would be. I rolling
like crazy.

>> STARZ ON MARS
>> There’s a meme on the Facebook pertaining to the hot weather of a
>> children’s book with the title “please God blow up the sun“
>> That’s how I feel about this mars expedition.
>>
>> The stupidest woman on two worlds, the one from modern family, keeps
>> talking about how smart she is, and how much she hates Lance Armstrong who
>> she thinks is the first man on the moon.
>
> [sigh...]
>
> Armstrong is a POS, no doubt. But she sounds terrible.
>
>> The new people don’t like her
>> either. But there’s a coalition of incredibly dumb girls who just go around
>> chanting girls rule mars like they think it rhymes.
>
> Ha!
>
>> This week HAB 1701 was
>> hit by meteorites and had a lot of puncture holes. the celeb knots, had to
>> go out in their suits and stick various parts of their body in the holes
>> until they were patched. They were all just trying to stand there quietly,
>> and the stupidest woman on two worlds was chattering in their ears
>> constantly what she thought was encouragement, and they were all ready to
>> kill her as was the audience.
>
> Ha!
>
>> They finally managed to explain to her that the people she was trying to
>> vote out were the strongest players, and she was only voting them out
>> because she hates them. So she let the two strongest players stay, and she
>> let Ronda Rousey stay because she likes her despite her being the weakest
>> (although they didn’t show what Ronda did wrong).
>>
>> In the end they sent that she male home.
>
> Who is that?...

Let me look. I’ve never heard of her before and she got thrown out as soon
as she arrived.

I guess it’s this freak.

Ashley Iaconetti

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6966920/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

S/he is a victim of horrible plastic surgery for whatever reason. Looks
like not only a gender transformation, but possibly species as well.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<66799761.711481378.002857.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195046&group=rec.arts.tv#195046

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:49:22 -0700

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> Disney "Snow White" Remake is GOD-AWFUL | Leaked Photos SO BAD They Make My
>>> HEAD Want to Explode!:
>>> When I saw the leaked photos of the falsely named "Snow White" live action
>>> remake that Disney is making, I thought it was a joke, and when I saw it
>>> wasn't, my jaw hit the damn floor. The result is one of the funniest and
>>> angriest rants I've ever posted. Holy crap, I find it hard to believe, even
>>> after all the horrible things that Disney has done, that they could seriously
>>> sink THIS low! But seeing is believing folks, so take a look at these photos
>>> and judge for yourself as Harvey Chtuhlu and the Skull of Calderon join me in
>>> roasting Disney for this, possibly the worst thing they have ever done! Join
>>> us as we watch with great amusement the coming train wreck in the Magic
>>> Kingdom! #disney #snowwhite #fail
>>> https://youtu.be/XOpuT_pmxr0
>>>

>> Their biggest problem is casting Gal Gadot as the evil queen and we’re
>> supposed to believe Snow White is prettier than her.
>
> I wasn't aware of that plot twist!

I know, right? Might as well cast Marina Baccarin while you’re at it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<1717119393.711481406.697215.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195047&group=rec.arts.tv#195047

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:49:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 17:49 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Their biggest problem is casting Gal Gadot as the evil queen and we're
>>> supposed to believe Snow White is prettier than her.
>>
>> I wasn't aware of that plot twist!
>
> Were you aware that she doesn't get kissed by Prince Charming and leads the
> charge against the Wicked Queen's castle? :-O

I heard that shortly before I decided to W/Q this. And by “shortly” I mean
milliseconds.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<1740389765.711481463.419764.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195048&group=rec.arts.tv#195048

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:49:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 17:49 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> DARK SIDE OF THE 2000s:
>>> "Jon & Kate Plus 8: Family Circus". When the Gosselin
>>
>> The who?
>
> It was one of the original hidden reality shows featuring a mother with
> n-tuplets, in this case, five or six.
>
>>> uses their fame
>>
>> Their what?
>
> I remmeber the show was popular at the time. I am sure The Soup showed clips.

That I think it would’ve still been talk soup.

> https://dai.ly/x964wx
> https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x964wx
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> I've watched the entire run (to date) of SNW. Only one good episode out of
>> 15.
>
> Saturday Night washing?

Lol

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<7a9gbitn3lqebifjp0bh220avstur813b8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195051&group=rec.arts.tv#195051

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 14:04:23 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 18:04 UTC

On Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:56:34 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-07-19 15:52:45 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> I’ve watched the entire run (to date) of SNW.
>
>What's SNW?
>
>> Only one good episode out of 15.
>>
>> I watched episode five of SECRETIVE INVASION.
>> Stupid.
>> Pointless.
>> Boring.
>
>Yeah, I will watch this. But I'm not looking forward to it, based on
>the response to it.

I've tried to start this and failed. None of the reports I've heard
make it sound like a great experience. It really sounds like the show
could have dealt with better writers because it seems like that is
where it fell apart.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u99ag1$291p0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195055&group=rec.arts.tv#195055

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 11:36:49 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 18:36 UTC

On 2023-07-19 17:49:21 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> I’ve watched the entire run (to date) of SNW.
>>
>> What's SNW?
>
> Sorry. STRANGE NEW WORLDS (Star Trek) on P+

OK, if you havd gone with: ST:SNW, I think I would have got it...

>>> STARZ ON MARS
>>> There’s a meme on the Facebook pertaining to the hot weather of a
>>> children’s book with the title “please God blow up the sun“
>>> That’s how I feel about this mars expedition.
>>>
>>> The stupidest woman on two worlds, the one from modern family, keeps
>>> talking about how smart she is, and how much she hates Lance Armstrong who
>>> she thinks is the first man on the moon.
>>
>> [sigh...]
>>
>> Armstrong is a POS, no doubt. But she sounds terrible.
>>
>>> The new people don’t like her
>>> either. But there’s a coalition of incredibly dumb girls who just go around
>>> chanting girls rule mars like they think it rhymes.
>>
>> Ha!
>>
>>> This week HAB 1701 was
>>> hit by meteorites and had a lot of puncture holes. the celeb knots, had to
>>> go out in their suits and stick various parts of their body in the holes
>>> until they were patched. They were all just trying to stand there quietly,
>>> and the stupidest woman on two worlds was chattering in their ears
>>> constantly what she thought was encouragement, and they were all ready to
>>> kill her as was the audience.
>>
>> Ha!
>>
>>> They finally managed to explain to her that the people she was trying to
>>> vote out were the strongest players, and she was only voting them out
>>> because she hates them. So she let the two strongest players stay, and she
>>> let Ronda Rousey stay because she likes her despite her being the weakest
>>> (although they didn’t show what Ronda did wrong).
>>>
>>> In the end they sent that she male home.
>>
>> Who is that?...
>
> Let me look. I’ve never heard of her before and she got thrown out as soon
> as she arrived.
>
> I guess it’s this freak.
>
> Ashley Iaconetti
>
> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6966920/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk
>
> S/he is a victim of horrible plastic surgery for whatever reason. Looks
> like not only a gender transformation, but possibly species as well.

OK, yeah - I have no idea who this is either....

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u99ap3$2939q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195056&group=rec.arts.tv#195056

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 11:41:39 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 18:41 UTC

On 2023-07-19 17:49:23 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:

>>> I wasn't aware of that plot twist!
>>
>> Were you aware that she doesn't get kissed by Prince Charming and leads the
>> charge against the Wicked Queen's castle? :-O
>
> I heard that shortly before I decided to W/Q this. And by “shortly” I mean
> milliseconds.

It would actually be a much more interesting "twist" if she *wastes*
PC, before wasting the Wicked Queen and declaring herself
Godess-Empress.

But these assholes don't have the balls for that...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<1720067034.711487950.279718.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195065&group=rec.arts.tv#195065

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 12:46:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 19:46 UTC

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:56:34 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> I’ve watched the entire run (to date) of SNW.
>>
>> What's SNW?
>>
>>> Only one good episode out of 15.
>>>
>>> I watched episode five of SECRETIVE INVASION.
>>> Stupid.
>>> Pointless.
>>> Boring.
>>
>> Yeah, I will watch this. But I'm not looking forward to it, based on
>> the response to it.
>
> I've tried to start this and failed. None of the reports I've heard
> make it sound like a great experience. It really sounds like the show
> could have dealt with better writers because it seems like that is
> where it fell apart.

Yes. This was written by the writers that I want to lose their homes and
move back to Canadia.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<1889268171.711487994.730285.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195066&group=rec.arts.tv#195066

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 12:46:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 19:46 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-07-19 17:49:21 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> What's SNW?
>>
>> Sorry. STRANGE NEW WORLDS (Star Trek) on P+
>
> OK, if you havd gone with: ST:SNW, I think I would have got it...

Except, I don’t think it actually carries the Star Trek name, much like
enterprise.

>>> [sigh...]
>>>
>>> Armstrong is a POS, no doubt. But she sounds terrible.

>>> Ha!

>>> Ha!

>>> Who is that?...
>>
>> Let me look. I’ve never heard of her before and she got thrown out as soon
>> as she arrived.
>>
>> I guess it’s this freak.
>>
>> Ashley Iaconetti
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6966920/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk
>>
>> S/he is a victim of horrible plastic surgery for whatever reason. Looks
>> like not only a gender transformation, but possibly species as well.
>
> OK, yeah - I have no idea who this is either....

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<93kgbitsg8h0ra95up74289t54cirf0bp5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195085&group=rec.arts.tv#195085

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 14:07:04 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 21:07 UTC

On Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:49:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>>> Their biggest problem is casting Gal Gadot as the evil queen and we’re
>>> supposed to believe Snow White is prettier than her.
>>
>> I wasn't aware of that plot twist!
>>

>I know, right? Might as well cast Marina Baccarin while you’re at it.

Morena Baccarin would have made a great evil queen - sizzling hot,
nasty (as she did in V) and would make a great gorgeous villain.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u9a6k3$2h6v7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195135&group=rec.arts.tv#195135

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 02:36:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 02:36 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-07-19 15:52:45 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>I've watched the entire run (to date) of SNW.

>What's SNW?

Single Nude Woman

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<1025894725.711515011.854228.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195140&group=rec.arts.tv#195140

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 20:08:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 03:08 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-07-19 15:52:45 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>>> I've watched the entire run (to date) of SNW.
>
>> What's SNW?
>
> Single Nude Woman

I wish

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<u9aen0$2ienm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195142&group=rec.arts.tv#195142

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 21:54:59 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 04:54 UTC

On 7/19/2023 8:08 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> What's SNW?
>>
>> Single Nude Woman
>>

> I wish

Careful what you wish for. *goes looking for pictures of Mo'Nique for Anim*

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-18 (Tuesday)

<2135117991.711553889.233304.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195192&group=rec.arts.tv#195192

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 07:11:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 14:11 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Sorry. STRANGE NEW WORLDS (Star Trek) on P+
>>
>> OK, if you havd gone with: ST:SNW, I think I would have got it...
>>

> Except, I don’t think it actually carries the Star Trek name, much like
> enterprise.

Nope, I was wrong. I just watched the newest episode and it does have the
rather small words Star Trek above STRANGE NEW WORLDS.

So little Jimmy Kirk officially joins the series. They’ve been having to
keep him away from Pike because we know they didn’t meet until Pike was
made fleet captain. So they pulled a meet cute and made Pike a temporary
fleet captain, because there were two ships and a refinery in the same
place.

Since the resolution of the episode (ripped off from the lost in space girl
from the Green dimension) required the enterprise to blow up the refinery
and dump all of her own deuterium. I assume she’s just stuck there till the
end of Time.

I just found out there is a ready room series for this show hosted by that
worthless sack of garbage Wil Wheaton (and yes, I’d like to beat the L out
of him). The AR wall that they use for their big set stuff is interesting.
Also, the behind-the-scenes shots showing that a lot more of their gigantic
sets is really there than I would’ve guessed.

The interviews are a bit disappointing given that these people don’t know
the difference between star fleet and the Federation, and that that
worthless sack of garbage Wil Wheaton doesn’t know how to pronounce stuff.
And they must still have Covid protocols in place because he doesn’t come
anywhere near the guests.