6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Baltimore schools. 80% black, NONE pass math classes

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Baltimore schools. 80% black, NONE pass math classesRhino2
`- Re: Baltimore schools. 80% black, NONE pass math classestrotsky

1
Re: Baltimore schools. 80% black, NONE pass math classes

<5549d2e0-021a-4b97-96f2-a7b5bc89bf4dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195401&group=rec.arts.tv#195401

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 09:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Baltimore schools. 80% black, NONE pass math classes
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 16:36 UTC

On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 12:43:38 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> Only 10% can pass English classes. Blacks are calling out the schools, saying they are failing black students. The school board is black. Imagine the poor whites who have to go to school with that rabble. Violent thugs who assault teachers. People will either move, or beg borrow or steal to see their kid get into private school.

Watch Season 4 of The Wire to see how the Baltimore schools actually operate.

David Simon's book, The Corner, also goes into how the school system in Baltimore typically gives "social promotions" rather than earned promotions. In other words, kids are allowed to proceed to the next grade even if they have been absent more than present and/or have horrific grades, because it is reckoned that if they go on to the next grade, they will at least learn SOMETHING in the next grade but if they get held back, they will be too embarrassed to repeat the grade and will simply stop coming to school at all. Then they will likely move into slinging drugs or other gang activity, which everyone agrees would be bad.

Re: Baltimore schools. 80% black, NONE pass math classes

<%OLuM.164488$mPI2.57599@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195473&group=rec.arts.tv#195473

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 02:46:02 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 07:46 UTC

On 7/21/23 6:10 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 21 July 2023 at 12:36:23 UTC-4, Rhino2 wrote:
>> On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 12:43:38 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
>>> Only 10% can pass English classes. Blacks are calling out the schools, saying they are failing black students. The school board is black. Imagine the poor whites who have to go to school with that rabble. Violent thugs who assault teachers. People will either move, or beg borrow or steal to see their kid get into private school.
>> Watch Season 4 of The Wire to see how the Baltimore schools actually operate.
>>
>> David Simon's book, The Corner, also goes into how the school system in Baltimore typically gives "social promotions" rather than earned promotions. In other words, kids are allowed to proceed to the next grade even if they have been absent more than present and/or have horrific grades, because it is reckoned that if they go on to the next grade, they will at least learn SOMETHING in the next grade but if they get held back, they will be too embarrassed to repeat the grade and will simply stop coming to school at all. Then they will likely move into slinging drugs or other gang activity, which everyone agrees would be bad.
>
> That "streaming" idea (really, affirmative action) has seen more students flunk out of university than anything else.

More baseless claims from one of the resident stupid assholes.

You let someone with (and it's a high grade in Baltimore schools) go
into a university with a "C" average, you are basically cutting their
throats, it's an enormous waste of time and resources since nothing will
come of it.