arts / rec.arts.tv / July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
+* Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
|`* Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programmingIan J. Ball
| `- Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
`- Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<170053182.711695446.194020.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195455&group=rec.arts.tv#195455

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:18:42 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 05:18 UTC

July 22-28, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

Note: This is "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel:

https://www.discovery.com/shark-week/schedule

Already released:

Unknown: Cave of Bones (documentary) (Netflix, July 17)

Scientists examine underground clues from over 250,000 years ago that raise
questions about our early relatives — and what it truly means to be human

https://www.netflix.com/title/81473682

No Filter (movie) (Tubi)

Viral sensation Anna’s pranks escalate as a demonic force invades her feed,
blurring reality and virtuality. She must fight to survive or be taken
offline. Stars Hannah Mciver, Jasmine Daoud, Samuel Van der Zwalmen, Carole
Weyers and David Coburn. 1 hr 31 min. Announced for July 28 but already
available on Tubi.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18940322/ [as "#No-Filter"]

https://tubitv.com/movies/100005124/no-filter

Saturday, July 22

V.C. Andrews’ Dawn (part 3: Twilight's Child) (movie) (8 pm,
Lifetime Channel)

V.C. Andrews’ Dawn is a four part limited series that follows the story of
Dawn Longchamp (Brec Bassinger), who after growing up in humble
surroundings with a very hardworking family including her devoted father
Ormand (Jesse Metcalfe) and older brother Jimmy (Khobe Clarke), suddenly
has everything she loves ripped away from her. After discovering the
shocking truth about the people who raised her, she is thrust into a new
family whose dark and twisted secrets change the course of her life
forever. Donna Mills, Joey McIntyre and Fran Drescher also star.

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/vc-andrews-dawn

Sunday, July 23

Special Ops: Lioness [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

Lioness dramatizes a real-life CIA program to train female undercover
operatives. Zoe Saldaña plays the CIA station chief who recruits a young
Marine (Laysla De Oliveira) to infiltrate a terrorist organization. Nicole
Kidman plays a high-ranking CIA official, while the cast also includes
Morgan Freeman, Michael Kelly, Dave Annable, Jill Wagner, and Stephanie
Nur. The first two episodes stream today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11p6YzdKHw

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13111078/

Look Who's Stalking (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

After the death of her stalker, a new mother pieces her life back together
with the help of her new personal assistant. But when she realizes she’s
being targeted again she’s forced to uncover whether she’s being stalked
from the grave. Stars Alissa Filoramo, Juliana Destefano, and Harley Jay.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/look-whos-stalking

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27209295/ [as "Haunted by My Stalker"]

Bunk'd (season 7 premier) (8:30 pm, Disney Channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEK8QHSDGY

One Last Time: An Evening With Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga (repeated
from 2021) (9 pm, CBS)

Filmed at two sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall in August 2021 to
celebrate Bennett’s 95th birthday, the concert honors the duo’s shared love
of the Great American Songbook. The special, which includes Bennett’s
historic last concert appearance before announcing his retirement from
touring, also features solo performances by him and Lady Gaga, followed by
several of their famous duets.

https://deadline.com/2023/07/tony-bennett-unplugged-lady-gaga-mtv-1235445179/

The Lazarus Project (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2)
(9 pm, TNT)

The Walking Dead: Dead City (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2)
(9-11 pm, AMC)

Maybe It's You (movie) (9 pm, E!)

On the heels of breakups, best friends Peter and Lexa decide to try the one
thing they've never done before: dating each other. Will their chemistry be
enough to keep them afloat romantically as they regress back into younger
versions of themselves? Stars Brett Dier, Molly McCook and Veronica St.
Clair.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4401612/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKWVEzUtBI

A Mother's Intuition (movie) (9 pm, TV One)

This poignant thriller unravels the story of Toni, portrayed by Denise
Boutté, a young, pregnant woman grappling with the sudden death of her
husband. In a tragic turn of events, Toni is told her baby was stillborn,
but her intuition tells her something isn't right. A longtime friend, and
private investigator, played by Matt Cedeño, helps her on her shocking
quest to find the truth. She suspects a sinister switched-at-birth cover-up
implicating the doctors entrusted with her care The dynamic cast includes
Cicely (Brely Evans), Simone (Hazel Renee), Dr. Ken Zarada (Jeff
Marchuletta), Dr. Linda Snyder (Rachelle Carson Begley), and Dr. Chaundra
(Tamar Braxton).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23633814/

https://tvone.tv/show/a-mothers-intuition/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-UJKQzT7bo

Monday, July 24

Futurama (season 11 premiere) (12:01 am, Hulu)

Returning (on a new network) with its first new season in a decade, the
animated sci-fi comedy from Matt Groening and David X. Cohen has reunited
its entire voice cast—including one-time holdout John DiMaggio (who plays
Bender)—for 10 new episodes, which will arrive weekly on Mondays. Hulu also
has the full Futurama library dating back to its 1999 premiere. Already
renewed for season 12, also with 10 episodes. The show ran on Fox from 1999
to 2003 and on Comedy Central from 2008 to 2013. There is a disagreement as
to the number of seasons there have been; The Futon Critic and the IMDb
call this season 11, while Wikipedia calls it season 8. The disagreement is
whether seasons on Comedy Central consisted of 13 or 26 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmtcYvhj68

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama

The Bachelorette (new time slot) (8 pm, ABC)

Moves from 9 pm.

Son of a Critch [new to US] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes,
CW)

11-year-old Mark Critch (Benjamin Evan Ainsworth) is at the center of this
Canadian coming-of-age comedy series (set in 1980s Newfoundland and
Labrador) based on Critch's memoir of the same name. Premiered originally
in Canada on CBC in January 2022. 13 half-hour episodes; a second season,
also of 13 episodes, was broadcast in Canada from January through March of
2023, and the show has been renewed for a third season. Regular time is 8
pm only.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15310816/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KweqYyTcVw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_a_Critch

https://tvline.com/news/son-of-a-critch-acquired-the-cw-comedy-1234984375/

Children Ruin Everything [new; US broadcast premiere] (9
and 9:30 pm, two episodes, CW)

Astrid (Meaghan Rath) and James (Aaron Abrams) are juggling life while
raising two young children in this Canadian comedy series. Premiered
originally in Canada on CTV in January 2022 and in the U.S. on The Roku
Channel in May 2022. Eight half-hour episodes; a second season, of 16
episodes, was broadcast in Canada from September 2022 through February
2023, and the show has been renewed for a third season. Regular time is 9
pm only.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10738442/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGmKIois9xw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_Ruin_Everything

The Golden Boy [new] (9 pm, HBO)

Fernando Villena's two-part profile of boxer Oscar De La Hoya concludes
tomorrow night at the same time. Both parts can also be streamed today on
Max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU4hvV0XYrM

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-golden-boy-oscar-de-la-hoya/season-1

Claim to Fame (new time slot) (10 pm, ABC)

Moves from 8 pm.

Tuesday, July 25

Streaming:

Jim Gaffigan: Dark Pale (comedy special) (12:01 am, Prime
Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoBCUq1FMk0

Dream [Deurim] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

With hard work and dedication, a group of homeless men train to compete in
a global soccer tournament--despite a cranky coach. Korean film; 2h 5m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ud4cAnEuM

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13814704/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81306293

Mark Normand: Soup to Nuts (comedy special) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7R9beuVU68

https://www.netflix.com/title/81616392

Sintonia (complete season 4) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Three teens living in the same São Paulo favela pursue their dreams while
maintaining their friendship, amid a world of music, drugs and religion.
Brazilian series; six episodes?

https://www.netflix.com/title/80217315

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8165086/

Broadcast and cable:

Nothing but sharks.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<916948225.711696103.495039.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195461&group=rec.arts.tv#195461

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:57:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 05:57 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> July 22-28, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Note: This is "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel:
>
> https://www.discovery.com/shark-week/schedule
>

> Already released:
>

> Unknown: Cave of Bones (documentary) (Netflix, July 17)
>
> Scientists examine underground clues from over 250,000 years ago that raise
> questions about our early relatives — and what it truly means to be human
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81473682

Maybe

> No Filter (movie) (Tubi)
>
> Viral sensation Anna’s pranks escalate as a demonic force invades her feed,
> blurring reality and virtuality. She must fight to survive or be taken
> offline. Stars Hannah Mciver, Jasmine Daoud, Samuel Van der Zwalmen, Carole
> Weyers and David Coburn. 1 hr 31 min. Announced for July 28 but already
> available on Tubi.

That wrote up is awfully precious

> Saturday, July 22

> Sunday, July 23
>

> Special Ops: Lioness [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

They are advertising the snot out of this.

> Lioness dramatizes a real-life CIA program to train female undercover
> operatives. Zoe Saldaña plays the CIA station chief who recruits a young
> Marine (Laysla De Oliveira) to infiltrate a terrorist organization. Nicole
> Kidman plays a high-ranking CIA official, while the cast also includes
> Morgan Freeman, Michael Kelly, Dave Annable, Jill Wagner,

But is it the hard R European cut?

and Stephanie
> Nur. The first two episodes stream today.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11p6YzdKHw
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13111078/
>

> One Last Time: An Evening With Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga (repeated
> from 2021) (9 pm, CBS)

They got that out fast!

> Filmed at two sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall in August 2021 to
> celebrate Bennett’s 95th birthday, the concert honors the duo’s shared love
> of the Great American Songbook. The special, which includes Bennett’s
> historic last concert appearance before announcing his retirement from
> touring, also features solo performances by him and Lady Gaga, followed by
> several of their famous duets.
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/07/tony-bennett-unplugged-lady-gaga-mtv-1235445179/
>

> The Lazarus Project (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2)
> (9 pm, TNT)

Ugh. This is when I really wish I hadn’t been renewed.

> A Mother's Intuition (movie) (9 pm, TV One)

Well, there’s a channel I don’t get

> Monday, July 24
>

> Son of a Critch [new to US] (8 and 8:30 pm, two episodes,
> CW)

The C dub must die

> Children Ruin Everything [new; US broadcast premiere] (9
> and 9:30 pm, two episodes, CW)

The C dub must die

> Tuesday, July 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>
> Nothing but sharks.

Hee hee

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Wednesday, July 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Hardy Boys (complete final season 3) (12:01 am, Hulu)

Well, it’s better than Nancy drew teen slut, or Tom Swift the most explicit
gay black, sex, ever shown on network TV!

> "The Hardy Boys" returns for its third and final season, and things are
> getting dangerous for our heroes. Getting in on the action is guest star
> Bailee Madison ("Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin"),

Seriously? She’s disavowed good witch?

who joins the mix as
> the mysterious Drew Darrow. Eight episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ocV7485lPk
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11252090/
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Thursday, July 27
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Witcher (conclusion of season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Yay

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, July 28
>

> Streaming:
>

> Good Omens (complete season 2) (12:01 am, Prime Video)

Maybe. I think I watched all of season one.

> Captain Fall [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Jason Ritter, Anthony Carrigan, Christopher Meloni, Adam Devine, and
> Lesley-Ann Brandt

Oooooo

> are among the voices

Wait. What? Forget it.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<u9m51o$n870$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195814&group=rec.arts.tv#195814

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:23:36 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:23 UTC

On 2023-07-22 05:57:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> July 22-28, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>
>> Note: This is "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel:
>>
>> https://www.discovery.com/shark-week/schedule
>>

>> Wednesday, July 26
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> The Hardy Boys (complete final season 3) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Well, it’s better than Nancy drew teen slut, or Tom Swift the most explicit
> gay black, sex, ever shown on network TV!
>
>> "The Hardy Boys" returns for its third and final season, and things are
>> getting dangerous for our heroes. Getting in on the action is guest star
>> Bailee Madison ("Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin"),
>
> Seriously? She’s disavowed good witch?

Actually, I *really* like the concept of a "disavowed good witch"!!

If someone makes *that* spinoff, and it's *not* on Hallmark Channel, I
would totally watch a show with Bailee Madison playing "Grace Russell,
disavowed 'good witch'"! (Bonus, if they make her kind of slutty!) ;)

> > who joins the mix as
>> the mysterious Drew Darrow. Eight episodes.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ocV7485lPk
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11252090/
>>

>> Thursday, July 27
>>

>> Streaming:
>>
>> The Witcher (conclusion of season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>

> Yay

Yep - means I can start "The Witcher" soon - will probably do that
after I get through some grading this week...

>> (end)

Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<1239940732.711905406.636089.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195817&group=rec.arts.tv#195817

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:34:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:34 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-07-22 05:57:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> July 22-28, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>>
>>> Note: This is "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel:
>>>
>>> https://www.discovery.com/shark-week/schedule
>>>

>>> Wednesday, July 26
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> The Hardy Boys (complete final season 3) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>>
>> Well, it’s better than Nancy drew teen slut, or Tom Swift the most explicit
>> gay black, sex, ever shown on network TV!
>>
>>> "The Hardy Boys" returns for its third and final season, and things are
>>> getting dangerous for our heroes. Getting in on the action is guest star
>>> Bailee Madison ("Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin"),
>>
>> Seriously? She’s disavowed good witch?
>
> Actually, I *really* like the concept of a "disavowed good witch"!!
>
> If someone makes *that* spinoff, and it's *not* on Hallmark Channel, I
> would totally watch a show with Bailee Madison playing "Grace Russell,
> disavowed 'good witch'"! (Bonus, if they make her kind of slutty!) ;)
>
>>> who joins the mix as
>>> the mysterious Drew Darrow. Eight episodes.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ocV7485lPk
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11252090/
>>>

>>> Thursday, July 27
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>
>>> The Witcher (conclusion of season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>

>> Yay
>
> Yep - means I can start "The Witcher" soon - will probably do that
> after I get through some grading this week...

You’ll like the new format of the Witcher. It promises nudity at the
beginning of every episode, and delivers none whatsoever.

>>> (end)

Re: July 22-28, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<u9m68q$nd7p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195818&group=rec.arts.tv#195818

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:44:27 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:44 UTC

On 2023-07-22 05:18:42 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> July 22-28, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Already released:
>

> No Filter (movie) (Tubi)
>
> Viral sensation Anna’s pranks escalate as a demonic force invades her feed,
> blurring reality and virtuality. She must fight to survive or be taken
> offline. Stars Hannah Mciver, Jasmine Daoud, Samuel Van der Zwalmen, Carole
> Weyers and David Coburn. 1 hr 31 min. Announced for July 28 but already
> available on Tubi.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18940322/ [as "#No-Filter"]
>
> https://tubitv.com/movies/100005124/no-filter

Yep - I think it's been released for a while, definitely since before I
went out-of-town on Friday.

> Saturday, July 22
>

> V.C. Andrews’ Dawn (part 3: Twilight's Child) (movie) (8 pm,
> Lifetime Channel)
>
> V.C. Andrews’ Dawn is a four part limited series that follows the story of
> Dawn Longchamp (Brec Bassinger), who after growing up in humble
> surroundings with a very hardworking family including her devoted father
> Ormand (Jesse Metcalfe) and older brother Jimmy (Khobe Clarke), suddenly
> has everything she loves ripped away from her. After discovering the
> shocking truth about the people who raised her, she is thrust into a new
> family whose dark and twisted secrets change the course of her life
> forever. Donna Mills, Joey McIntyre and Fran Drescher also star.

Recorded for later.

Note: The "starring" list for this is highly misleading - for instance,
Drescher is almost certain to be in just one episode out of four;
ditto, McIntyre.

> Sunday, July 23
>

> Special Ops: Lioness [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

Fuck Paramount!!

> Look Who's Stalking (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> After the death of her stalker, a new mother pieces her life back together
> with the help of her new personal assistant. But when she realizes she’s
> being targeted again she’s forced to uncover whether she’s being stalked
> from the grave. Stars Alissa Filoramo, Juliana Destefano, and Harley Jay.

Already watched!

> Bunk'd (season 7 premier) (8:30 pm, Disney Channel)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEK8QHSDGY

You have *got* to be *kidding* me!! They actually renewed this
again?!?!! Talk about flogging a dead horsie!

> The Lazarus Project (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2)
> (9 pm, TNT)

Maybe one day...

> The Walking Dead: Dead City (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2)
> (9-11 pm, AMC)

Meh.

> Maybe It's You (movie) (9 pm, E!)
>
> On the heels of breakups, best friends Peter and Lexa decide to try the one
> thing they've never done before: dating each other. Will their chemistry be
> enough to keep them afloat romantically as they regress back into younger
> versions of themselves? Stars Brett Dier, Molly McCook and Veronica St.
> Clair.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4401612/
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKWVEzUtBI

I am really confused by the cast list - the ads make it pretty clear
that St. Clair is the female lead. In fact, I'm not sure I remember
seeing McCook in the ads for this at all!

> Monday, July 24
>

> Futurama (season 11 premiere) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Returning (on a new network)

"Network"...

> with its first new season in a decade, the
> animated sci-fi comedy from Matt Groening and David X. Cohen has reunited
> its entire voice cast—including one-time holdout John DiMaggio (who plays
> Bender)—for 10 new episodes, which will arrive weekly on Mondays. Hulu also
> has the full Futurama library dating back to its 1999 premiere. Already
> renewed for season 12, also with 10 episodes. The show ran on Fox from 1999
> to 2003 and on Comedy Central from 2008 to 2013. There is a disagreement as
> to the number of seasons there have been; The Futon Critic and the IMDb
> call this season 11, while Wikipedia calls it season 8. The disagreement is
> whether seasons on Comedy Central consisted of 13 or 26 episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmtcYvhj68
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama
>

> Children Ruin Everything [new; US broadcast premiere] (9
> and 9:30 pm, two episodes, CW)
>
> Astrid (Meaghan Rath) and James (Aaron Abrams) are juggling life while
> raising two young children in this Canadian comedy series. Premiered
> originally in Canada on CTV in January 2022 and in the U.S. on The Roku
> Channel in May 2022. Eight half-hour episodes; a second season, of 16
> episodes, was broadcast in Canada from September 2022 through February
> 2023, and the show has been renewed for a third season. Regular time is 9
> pm only.

I like Rath, but not enough to watch this...

> Wednesday, July 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Hardy Boys (complete final season 3) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> "The Hardy Boys" returns for its third and final season, and things are
> getting dangerous for our heroes. Getting in on the action is guest star
> Bailee Madison ("Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin"), who joins the mix as
> the mysterious Drew Darrow. Eight episodes.

I will wait for the reviews from Amin...

> The Great British Baking Show: The Professionals (complete season
> 7) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Glad to see Netflix keeps giving me reasons to *not* stay subscribed!!

> Thursday, July 27
>

> Streaming:
>

> Happiness for Beginners (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Ellie Kemper and Luke Grimes star in an adaptation of Katherine Center's
> novel set during a survival class on an Appalachian Trail hike. 1h 43m.

Too bad this seems to be a comedy - as a horror/thriller I would have
been all over watching this!!

> Paradise (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After his wife is forced to give up 40 years of her life as payment for an
> insurance debt,

Huh?!!...

> a man desperately searches for a way to get them back.
> German film; 1h 56m.
>

> The Witcher (conclusion of season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Episodes 306 through 308, completing season 3; renewed for season 4.

Will hopefully get to this soon...

> Zoey 102 (movie) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Follows Zoey Brooks and the rest of the Pacific Coast Academy alumni as
> they catch up for a wedding in the present day. This feature film sequel to
> the Nickelodeon TV series Zoey 101 is set over a decade after the finale.
> Much of the cast (including star Jamie Lynn Spears) returns.

Uh, no - not "much" of the cast: no Paul Butcher (from what I've
heard), no Kristen Herrera, no Alexa Nikolas (obviously, as she's
completely insane now, but wouldn't have anyway as she despises the
Spears and for good reason!), no Victoria Justice, and no Austin
Butler. That's more than half the cast missing!!

> Twisted Metal [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Peacock)
>
> The latest video game to get the TV series treatment is Twisted Metal, a
> nearly 30-year-old, PlayStation-exclusive demolition derby franchise. The
> last new game in the series came out over a decade ago, which makes it a
> somewhat odd choice for an adaptation. That game was originally supposed to
> take place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, and that turns out to be the
> setting for the TV series, which finds Anthony Mackie playing John Doe, a
> fast-talking amnesiac outsider given the promise of a better life, but only
> if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package. To do so, he'll need
> to evade a fleet of marauders—including Sweet Tooth (Will Arnett), a
> deranged killer clown driving an ice cream truck, the main element that
> appears to be borrowed directly from the games—but he'll have the help of
> an axe-wielding car thief (Stephanie Beatriz). Did we mention it's a
> comedy? Thomas Haden Church and wrestler Samoa Joe also star, while guests
> include Neve Campbell. The series comes from Deadpool writers Rhett Reese
> and Paul Wernick along with Cobra Kai producer Michael Jonathan Smith, with
> the latter also serving as showrunner. All 10 half-hour episodes stream
> today.

I really wish this were a film, and not a series, but if it's 30-mins
episodes, there's a chance I can get through this...