From: gmsi...@email.com (Trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Flopenheimmer"
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 08:27:39 +0000
 by: Trotsky - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 08:27 UTC

On 7/23/23 1:41 AM, RichA wrote:
>The bomb movie probably cost $150M to make and advertise, it did $33M on Friday. Maybe $80M for the weekend. Which made sense because of its release time. This is an Oscar-type movie you want to release late in the year. "Barbie" did well, $70M, It'll do well overseas too.
>
>https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3725886209/?ref_=bo_hm_rd

You're a fucking idiot. Oppenheimer, in my opinion, will make as much or
more money from streaming than at the box office. I'd say in total about
half a billion worldwide, which won't be a lot compared to comic book
movies, but is a lot for a movie about a scientist. I tried to google this
to show some corroboration, but for some stupid reason I can't find
anything to show such projections, so you'll just have to take my word for
it. Oh and 33 million is only the domestic take for Oppenheimer which you
were too stupid to mention too.

--
GQP sucks.

Re: "Flopenheimmer"

<u9j552$8at2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195598&group=rec.arts.tv#195598

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 08:06:57 -0400
 by: FPP - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 12:06 UTC

On 7/23/23 4:27 AM, Trotsky wrote:
> On 7/23/23 1:41 AM, RichA wrote:
>> The bomb movie probably cost $150M to make and advertise, it did $33M
>> on Friday.  Maybe $80M for the weekend.  Which made sense because of
>> its release time.  This is an Oscar-type movie you want to release
>> late in the year.  "Barbie" did well, $70M, It'll do well overseas too.
>> https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3725886209/?ref_=bo_hm_rd
>

> You're a fucking idiot.  Oppenheimer, in my opinion, will make as much or
> more money from streaming than at the box office.  I'd say in total about
> half a billion worldwide, which won't be a lot compared to comic book
> movies, but is a lot for a movie about a scientist.  I tried to google this
> to show some corroboration, but for some stupid reason I can't find
> anything to show such projections, so you'll just have to take my word for
> it. Oh and 33 million is only the domestic take for Oppenheimer which you
> were too stupid to mention too.

Simple minds, simple pleasures. Both movies have their place.

A good cheeseburger can be as enjoyable as a nice filet mignon... but
I'm not going to pretend the average ground beef burger is of the same
quality.

I'll eventually see both, and probably buy both... but I'll think about
Oppenheimer, and it will stay with me longer.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0