We have a equal opportunity Calculus class -- it's fully integrated.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)shawn
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
|| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)shawn
||  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
||  |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
||  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
||   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)shawn
||    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
||     +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
||     |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)BTR1701
||     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)BTR1701
||      `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Adam H. Kerman
||       `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)shawn
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk

Pages:12
What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9m5gr$n7to$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195816&group=rec.arts.tv#195816

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:31:38 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:31 UTC

I watched....

Stargate: SG-1 S8E04 'Zero Hour' - DVD
"Work is piling up for General O'Neill. He's behind in his personnel
reviews and is juggling the number of SG teams he has off-world. To
everyone's relief he gets a new admin assistant, Mark Gilmour, but the
man seems to have his own agenda. Dr. Lee has discovered a plant that
grows rapidly - so rapidly however that it is soon found everywhere on
the base. When two alien ambassadors are unable to agree on a new trade
pact, O'Neill's solution is to lock them into a room. SG-1 with Lt. Col.
Carter in command heads off to an old Goa'uld base that may have a stash
of weapons. They no sooner arrive however than Col. Carter, Daniel and
Teal'c are taken prisoner by Baal who offers to return them in exchange
for the Goa'uld Camulus who had requested asylum on Earth."

Ba'al: You dare mock me?
Brigadier General Jack O'Neill: Ba'al, come on, you should know. Of
course I dare mock you.
(This one is apparently so good its in IMDb's "Quotes" for the episode
twice!)

Sgt. Walter Harriman: General O'Neill, Mark Gilmour. He's your new
administrative aid.
Mark Gilmour: General.
Brigadier General Jack O'Neill: Did I order one of these...
Sgt. Walter Harriman: [speaking over him] No, sir.
Brigadier General Jack O'Neill: Do I really need...
Sgt. Walter Harriman: [speaking over him] Yes, sir.

Under "Character Error": We hear General O'Neill mentally dictating his
resignation letter he says he regrets not being able to fill Hammond's
"sizeable and shiny shoes" and at the very end of the episode when the
camera zooms into the letter you can read the line and it says only
"sizeable shoes". However, this may also be yet another instance of
O'Neill's tendency to make smart-ass remarks, moderated by the need for
formal conduct in a letter.

Trivia: This episode marks the first time that Sgt Walter Harriman
actually has the name Harriman in the name patch on his uniform instead
of the name Norman Davis.
The idea for an out of control plant taking over the base was first
pitched as a storyline for season 4, but shelved as could not fill an
entire episode.
Although in some shots a mix of plants are used, for the most part the
plant used in place of the freakishly-fast-growing alien plant is in
fact a schefflera amate, or umbrella tree, a reasonably common houseplant.
First mention on Stargate SG-1 of the Pegasus galaxy, which is where
Stargate: Atlantis (2004) takes place.
When Walter is following Jack with his morning schedule he anticipates
Jack's answers like another famous character named Walter - Walter
"Radar" O'Reilly. The scene is a nod to M*A*S*H (1972).

Commentary: Peter Woeste (Director and pronounced "west") and Producer
John Lenic. A General O'Neill centered "bottle" episode, seven day
shoot done over four weeks to work around RDA's schedule. Which is
apparently 3 days a week in town. The last episode using CRT monitors
in SGC, after this they were replaced with flatscreen. Vancouver
development during the course of the show kept "taking away" shooting
locations that the production had been using.

--------------------

Stargate: SG-1 S8E05 'Icon' - DVD
"An SG-1 first contact mission to the planet Tegalus has unintended
consequences. By appearing through a gate that was on display as a
museum piece, they create a rift between two nuclear-armed powered
nations that have long maintained an uneasy but balanced relationship.
More importantly, their arrival has empowered a religious fanatic,
Soren, who believes the benevolent gods who placed the ring on the
planet are to return some day. As war rages, Daniel is injured and is
cared for by Leda Kane, wife of Daniel's host on the planet Jared Kane.
When the gate falls under Soren's control, Daniel must find a way out."

Brigadier General Jack O'Neill: Daniel, we're always sticking our
collective noses where they don't belong. It's what we do.

Trivia: The house used as the Kane home, Foxglove Farm located at 6471
224 Street in the township of Langley, British Columbia, was previously
used as the house in East Germany in 1982 seen in Jack's memories in The
Gamekeeper (1998) as well as the Kress house in Sandkings (1995).
The chevron badge worn by the tour guide at the beginning is the same
symbol used on the mission patches on Stargate: Atlantis (2004).

Commentary: Director Peter Woeste (still pronounced "west") and Producer
and Production Manager John Lenic. Again? This commentary was
apparently recorded before the one for the prior episode as they say
this is Lenic's first one. The only eight day shoot of the season,
because of RDA's and Amy Sloan's schedules. She was filming 'The
Aviator' at the time. The Stargate prop they use for location shoots
isn't completely round anymore. It has acquired a slightly oval shape
as it has "settled". John Lenic is definitely the more vocal of the
pair and drives the direction of the commentary. Sometimes not as
subtly as other times. This episode got some of the highest ratings of
the season. There is also a lot of dancing around the "budget issues".
I get the sense season eight's budget was notably lower than prior
seasons. We can blame Peter DeLuise for Gou'ald language being such a
mouthful, he was responsible for much of it.

----------------------

Stargate: SG-1 S8E06 'Avatar' - DVD
"Dr. Lee is adapting a virtual reality chair for use as a training
device. Teal'c thinks its current scenario is all too easy and agrees to
work with them to make it more realistic. He enters the game scenario
and is quickly "killed" at which point the chair shocks him. Lee says it
must be part of its basic construct. As the scenario resets - it's an
invasion of SGC by Goa'uld - Teal'c is repeatedly killed and shocked
putting him in danger. The computer program is set up to learn after
each scenario and the challenge for Teal'c increases at every turn.
Daniel volunteers to enter the game as well to see if together they can
find a way out."

Dr. Bill Lee: We've been working on this chair for two years to
make it a viable virtual reality training tool for SGC personnel.
Teal'c: You have failed.
Jack O'Neill: He's nothing if not honest.
Dr. Bill Lee: Well, I mean - I mean, maybe we could, er, it could
use a little more work but...
Jack O'Neill: Can you make it harder... more difficult?
Dr. Bill Lee: Well, I mean, we can input, uh, the parameters for
different scenarios, but the vast majority of the simulation array comes
from the mind of the user. It- The programming is actually built by
interfacing memories from the individual's consciousness with the
chair's matrix.
Jack O'Neill: Carter, all I heard was "Matrix", and I found those
films *quite* confusing.

Teal'c: We have won.
Jack O'Neill: Well, that's what we do.

Dr. Carmichael: [after injecting Teal'c's heart with adrenaline]
That's not gonna work again.
Jack O'Neill: I don't wanna *see* that again!

Jack O'Neill: [Eagerly] How was it? Was it fun?
Teal'c: Indeed. You died well in battle O'Neill.
[Carter and O'Neill share a look]
Jack O'Neill: Obviously there is something defective with this thing.

Goofs: Right when the episode starts, 26 seconds in, an earring hole can
be seen in Christopher Judge's left ear.
When Teal'c goes into the armory for the first time, the label on the
door has it spelled "Armoury". The USAF would spell words, on their
doors, in their bases, using American English not Canadian English.
(Someone felt very strongly about this!)
Plot Hole: Everyone including the medical staff is very afraid for
Tealc's life if he continues to be trapped in the virtual reality
training scenario. But the most obvious solution never seems to occur to
any of them: simply inject Teal'c with a strong but safe tranquilizer.

Trivia: A total of 22 different iterations of the virtual reality
simulation are depicted in this episode.
The episode "Avatar" served as an introduction for a Stargate game that
was produced at the time, and much of the story was filmed from a
first-person perspective.

They killed O'Neill in the first minute of the episode! Anim's favorite
Mad Scientist, Dr. Lee, returns. :)

Commentary: Director Martin Wood and Actor Chris Judge. Judge's head is
actually bigger than New Hampshire. He says so himself! Most of the
commentary was about how confused Judge was about what his character was
doing and where he was for each shot.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<khbtbi9h4km8rh8nu2g2nd1fk0njvf2tnr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195824&group=rec.arts.tv#195824

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 13:03:08 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:03 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:31:38 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>I watched....
>

>What Did You Watch?

I got around to watching THE FLASH movie and generally enjoyed it. The
younger Barry was really annoying and brought down the enjoyment of
the movie. I get what they were trying for by differentiating between
the two Barry's but it felt like they made a poor choice. Other than
that it was an okay movie. Not a must see, but nothing to run away
from if you can see it for free.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9mb62$o28f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195825&group=rec.arts.tv#195825

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:08:18 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:08 UTC

On 2023-07-24 17:03:08 +0000, shawn said:

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:31:38 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> What Did You Watch?
>
> I got around to watching THE FLASH movie and generally enjoyed it. The
> younger Barry was really annoying and brought down the enjoyment of
> the movie. I get what they were trying for by differentiating between
> the two Barry's but it felt like they made a poor choice. Other than
> that it was an okay movie. Not a must see, but nothing to run away
> from if you can see it for free.

It will eventually get to Max, and I will watch it then...

Ian (At least, *in theory* - Shazam 2 has been on Max for a while, and
I really cannot manage to generate any ethusiasm to sit down and watch
it!...)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<502572236.711911799.955978.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195827&group=rec.arts.tv#195827

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:20:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:20 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-07-24 17:03:08 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:31:38 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
>> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> What Did You Watch?
>>
>> I got around to watching THE FLASH movie and generally enjoyed it. The
>> younger Barry was really annoying and brought down the enjoyment of
>> the movie. I get what they were trying for by differentiating between
>> the two Barry's but it felt like they made a poor choice. Other than
>> that it was an okay movie. Not a must see, but nothing to run away
>> from if you can see it for free.
>
> It will eventually get to Max, and I will watch it then...
>

> Ian (At least, *in theory* - Shazam 2 has been on Max for a while, and
> I really cannot manage to generate any ethusiasm to sit down and watch
> it!...)

I haven’t seen it or black Adam, anywhere free.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<678386801.711911837.122265.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195828&group=rec.arts.tv#195828

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:20:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:20 UTC

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:31:38 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> I watched....
>>

>> What Did You Watch?
>

> I got around to watching THE FLASH movie and generally enjoyed it. The
> younger Barry was really annoying and brought down the enjoyment of
> the movie. I get what they were trying for by differentiating between
> the two Barry's but it felt like they made a poor choice.

Are you seriously saying they found someone more annoying than Ezra Miller?

Other than
> that it was an okay movie. Not a must see, but nothing to run away
> from if you can see it for free.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9mcuk$obd8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195832&group=rec.arts.tv#195832

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:38:28 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:38 UTC

On 7/24/2023 10:20 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:31:38 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
>> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I watched....
>>>

>>> What Did You Watch?
>>

>> I got around to watching THE FLASH movie and generally enjoyed it. The
>> younger Barry was really annoying and brought down the enjoyment of
>> the movie. I get what they were trying for by differentiating between
>> the two Barry's but it felt like they made a poor choice.
>
> Are you seriously saying they found someone more annoying than Ezra Miller?

Ezra Miller squared.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9md1m$oa5a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195833&group=rec.arts.tv#195833

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:40:06 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:40 UTC

On 7/24/2023 8:31 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> [...]
> Stargate: Atlantis (2004) takes place.
> When Walter is following Jack with his morning schedule he anticipates
> Jack's answers like another famous character named Walter - Walter
> "Radar" O'Reilly. The scene is a nod to M*A*S*H (1972).
>

> Commentary: Peter Woeste (Director and pronounced "west") and Producer
> John Lenic.  A General O'Neill centered "bottle" episode, seven day
> shoot done over four weeks to work around RDA's schedule.  Which is
> apparently 3 days a week in town.  The last episode using CRT monitors
> in SGC, after this they were replaced with flatscreen.  Vancouver
> development during the course of the show kept "taking away" shooting
> locations that the production had been using.
>
> --------------------
>
> Stargate: SG-1 S8E05 'Icon' - DVD
> "An SG-1 first contact mission to the planet Tegalus has unintended

At this point are they just doing 3 person teams?

By appearing through a gate that was on display as a
> museum piece, they create a rift between two nuclear-armed powered
> nations that have long maintained an uneasy but balanced relationship.
> More importantly, their arrival has empowered a religious fanatic,
> Soren, who believes the benevolent gods who placed the ring on the
> planet are to return some day. As war rages, Daniel is injured and is
> cared for by Leda Kane, wife of Daniel's host on the planet Jared Kane.
> When the gate falls under Soren's control, Daniel must find a way out."
>
> Brigadier General Jack O'Neill: Daniel, we're always sticking our
> collective noses where they don't belong. It's what we do.
>
> Trivia: The house used as the Kane home, Foxglove Farm located at 6471
> 224 Street in the township of Langley, British Columbia, was previously
> used as the house in East Germany in 1982 seen in Jack's memories in The
> Gamekeeper (1998) as well as the Kress house in Sandkings (1995).
> The chevron badge worn by the tour guide at the beginning is the same
> symbol used on the mission patches on Stargate: Atlantis (2004).
>
> Commentary: Director Peter Woeste (still pronounced "west") and Producer
> and Production Manager John Lenic.  Again?  This commentary was
> apparently recorded before the one for the prior episode as they say
> this is Lenic's first one.  The only eight day shoot of the season,
> because of RDA's and Amy Sloan's schedules.  She was filming 'The
> Aviator' at the time.  The Stargate prop they use for location shoots
> isn't completely round anymore.  It has acquired a slightly oval shape
> as it has "settled".  John Lenic is definitely the more vocal of the
> pair and drives the direction of the commentary.  Sometimes not as
> subtly as other times.  This episode got some of the highest ratings of
> the season.  There is also a lot of dancing around the "budget issues".
> I get the sense season eight's budget was notably lower than prior
> seasons.  We can blame Peter DeLuise for Gou'ald language being such a
> mouthful, he was responsible for much of it.
>
> ----------------------
>
> Stargate: SG-1 S8E06 'Avatar' - DVD
> "Dr. Lee is adapting a virtual reality chair for use as a training
> device. Teal'c thinks its current scenario is all too easy and agrees to
> work with them to make it more realistic. He enters the game scenario
> and is quickly "killed" at which point the chair shocks him. Lee says it
> must be part of its basic construct. As the scenario resets - it's an
> invasion of SGC by Goa'uld - Teal'c is repeatedly killed and shocked
> putting him in danger. The computer program is set up to learn after
> each scenario and the challenge for Teal'c increases at every turn.
> Daniel volunteers to enter the game as well to see if together they can
> find a way out."

I watched this episode when I revisited the series. I think at this
point I was watching all the episodes otherwise I probably would have
skipped this one. Trapped in VR? Really?

>     Dr. Bill Lee: We've been working on this chair for two years to
> make it a viable virtual reality training tool for SGC personnel.
>     Teal'c: You have failed.
>     Jack O'Neill: He's nothing if not honest.
>     Dr. Bill Lee: Well, I mean - I mean, maybe we could, er, it could
> use a little more work but...
>     Jack O'Neill: Can you make it harder... more difficult?
>     Dr. Bill Lee: Well, I mean, we can input, uh, the parameters for
> different scenarios, but the vast majority of the simulation array comes
> from the mind of the user. It- The programming is actually built by
> interfacing memories from the individual's consciousness with the
> chair's matrix.
>     Jack O'Neill: Carter, all I heard was "Matrix", and I found those
> films *quite* confusing.
>
>     Teal'c: We have won.
>     Jack O'Neill: Well, that's what we do.
>
>     Dr. Carmichael: [after injecting Teal'c's heart with adrenaline]
> That's not gonna work again.
>     Jack O'Neill: I don't wanna *see* that again!
>
> Jack O'Neill: [Eagerly] How was it?  Was it fun?
> Teal'c: Indeed.  You died well in battle O'Neill.
> [Carter and O'Neill share a look]
> Jack O'Neill: Obviously there is something defective with this thing.
>
> Goofs: Right when the episode starts, 26 seconds in, an earring hole can
> be seen in Christopher Judge's left ear.
> When Teal'c goes into the armory for the first time, the label on the
> door has it spelled "Armoury". The USAF would spell words, on their
> doors, in their bases, using American English not Canadian English.
> (Someone felt very strongly about this!)
> Plot Hole: Everyone including the medical staff is very afraid for
> Tealc's life if he continues to be trapped in the virtual reality
> training scenario. But the most obvious solution never seems to occur to
> any of them: simply inject Teal'c with a strong but safe tranquilizer.
>
> Trivia: A total of 22 different iterations of the virtual reality
> simulation are depicted in this episode.
> The episode "Avatar" served as an introduction for a Stargate game that
> was produced at the time, and much of the story was filmed from a
> first-person perspective.
>
> They killed O'Neill in the first minute of the episode!  Anim's favorite
> Mad Scientist, Dr. Lee, returns.  :)
>
> Commentary: Director Martin Wood and Actor Chris Judge.  Judge's head is
> actually bigger than New Hampshire.  He says so himself!  Most of the
> commentary was about how confused Judge was about what his character was
> doing and where he was for each shot.
>
> What Did You Watch?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<663697596.711913696.479644.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195836&group=rec.arts.tv#195836

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:51:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:51 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> I watched....
>
> Stargate: SG-1
>
> What Did You Watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

Obvious and I both watched THE LAZARUS MAN PROJECT EFFECT last night, and
discussed it this morning:

OB VEEUS: I did watch the season finale of THE LAZARUS PROJECT. TNT’s
time travel sci-fi series really amps itself up in the finale as they all
find themselves caught in a 3 week time loop. I’d be concerned about the
lack of security at headquarters. These people get discouraged and start
deserting their jobs to the point where George can just take guests in and
take secret juice out…

ME: That was staggering wasn’t it? They have absolutely zero security?
They don’t have any passive security?

OB VEEUS: what stops one of the many people working there from simply
disconnecting the dead man’s switch

ME: Up until the boss Lady blabbed it might’ve been because nobody knew
they had a deadman switch. But that did answer the big question I’ve had,
why doesn’t somebody set off a nuke on top of Lazarus headquarters?
Actually, no, it still doesn’t answer that. Not unless all the bad guys
know about the dead man switch.

OB VEEUS: so that the universe doesn’t get reset? Beyond that, how funny
is it that while the universe is ending, our hero George is still trying to
figure out how to get back with his girlfriend? Priorities, dude!

ME: He’s got three weeks to try to save the universe, and he blows at
least a couple of days on the dead guy in his apartment. Hell just spend
the next three weeks at project Lazarus! That’s where you probably want to
be anyway.

And how long has he been wondering about body disposal that he had a place
in mind?

George did tell his slag girlfriend that they were married when she was
pregnant. Either that’s a reality I missed or George is delusional. But
that’s two characters now that have said they were married even if we never
saw it.

OB VEEUS: Spoiler questions…
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
The evil Chinese people figured out that THE LAZARUS PROJECT was up to
something and then they managed to track George to super-scientist Janet’s
location and then they kidnapped her and brought her back in time so that
they could get her to build them a time reset machine and then the two
machines interacted to destroy the known universe. If that is where we are
at, then how are our heroes going to manage to get time travel themselves?
Will they be able to steal that from the Chinese and then go back in time
and stop the Chinese from turning the second time loop machine on? If that
scenario is possible, then why haven’t the Chinese already done it
themselves? Surely, the Chinese know that their second loop machine is the
cause of the collapse of the universe, so why don’t they just use their
time travel ability to go back and fix it?

ME: They haven’t even been able to get the earlier more basic time travel
right. There’s no way in hell they’re going to get the new more complicated
time travel right. For instance, they sent Janet back in time so she’s no
longer in the present. How the fuck does that work? Sure she’s still in the
present. She might be dead or something but unless they keep sending her
back every June 30 She’s going to be here for the Fourth of July.

Depending on how it works, there might be a whole mess of her here.

Now, if they send her to the future, she’ll be missing in the present.

So now, George’s girlfriend can remember the past. When she remembers what
a horrible person she is, I hope she throws herself in front of the bus!

I think they did this episode just because I had sworn not to watch season
two and now I’m tempted.

************************
And now back to me

STAR TREK STRANGE NEW WORLDS ready room
Will Wheaton, and will Riker and the two live people from lower decks
discuss the cartoon episode, including a very special feature at about
crossover’s between Star Trek series, which completely ignores trials and
tribulations. And says next week will be something other than the musical
episode.
Arthur will like this a lot.

The peach and I watch partied some stuff.

VOX MACHINA.
A strange cartoon with dungeons and dragons players, bringing their voices
to life via a Kickstarter campaign that raised a ridiculous amount of money
for no reason I understand. We watched the first episode and then went
looking for something else. I mentioned that the lip assignment was
clearly done by people that didn’t speak English or were deaf. Any time
they saw the letter U ( queue, the Stargate SG1 jokes.) they hit it with
the completely round 000 sound which is not how the word “fuck“ (which they
use constantly) is pronounced.

HIGHLANDER THE SERIES S01E08 or possibly S01E10, depending on who’s guide
you believe. The one with the vanity. This was painfully, obviously a 4:3
show that they had stretched out to 16:9 and blowing up to HD using a
variety of methods with dubious results.

Continuing on Solo, I watched

COLLECTORS CALL S04E16 Barbie
For once, Blair did not insult the collector or her collection may be
because it was all girls stuff.
I had other episodes recorded but they all failed to a Cox error message
about them not letting me watch MeTV anymore.

DEATH IN PARADISE S12E08.
The season finale. Will DI Parker leave the island after failing to realize
the woman he loved never cared for him and had been killing people all
along?
Another impossible killing the solution, for which once again makes no
sense whatsoever.
Padded out with an enormous amount of faux calypso singing that even Marlon
the deputy objected to!
Instead of ending with a cliffhanger, they actually tied everything up but
the overly woke people at PBS don’t intend to show me the next season
anyway.

The usual reruns, such as LAWMAN.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<vvftbi9lp4prdal7o58m4mu7l06suddmdo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195840&group=rec.arts.tv#195840

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:17:25 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:17 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:20:15 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-07-24 17:03:08 +0000, shawn said:

>>> I got around to watching THE FLASH movie and generally enjoyed it. The
>>> younger Barry was really annoying and brought down the enjoyment of
>>> the movie. I get what they were trying for by differentiating between
>>> the two Barry's but it felt like they made a poor choice. Other than
>>> that it was an okay movie. Not a must see, but nothing to run away
>>> from if you can see it for free.
>>
>> It will eventually get to Max, and I will watch it then...
>>

>> Ian (At least, *in theory* - Shazam 2 has been on Max for a while, and
>> I really cannot manage to generate any ethusiasm to sit down and watch
>> it!...)
>>

>I haven’t seen it or black Adam, anywhere free.

Black Adam was a good movie for a different actor. The Rock was
playing The Rock cosplaying as Black Adam. With a different actor the
movie could have been much better.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<42gtbi1ah55poh4aropuqjl56f2eff6fqp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195841&group=rec.arts.tv#195841

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:18:11 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:18 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:38:28 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 7/24/2023 10:20 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I got around to watching THE FLASH movie and generally enjoyed it. The
>>> younger Barry was really annoying and brought down the enjoyment of
>>> the movie. I get what they were trying for by differentiating between
>>> the two Barry's but it felt like they made a poor choice.
>>
>> Are you seriously saying they found someone more annoying than Ezra Miller?
>>
>Ezra Miller squared.

+1

They had Ezra playing the younger and older Barry.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<735433454.711915971.911303.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195847&group=rec.arts.tv#195847

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:36:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:36 UTC

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:38:28 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Are you seriously saying they found someone more annoying than Ezra Miller?
>>>
>> Ezra Miller squared.
>
> +1
>
> They had Ezra playing the younger and older Barry.

Wow. An annoyance factor of one raised almost to the power of infinity!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<1661672893.711916001.461192.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195848&group=rec.arts.tv#195848

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:36:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:36 UTC

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:20:15 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> It will eventually get to Max, and I will watch it then...
>>>

>>> Ian (At least, *in theory* - Shazam 2 has been on Max for a while, and
>>> I really cannot manage to generate any ethusiasm to sit down and watch
>>> it!...)
>>>

>> I haven’t seen it or black Adam, anywhere free.
>
> Black Adam was a good movie for a different actor. The Rock was
> playing The Rock cosplaying as Black Adam. With a different actor the
> movie could have been much better.

I mostly watch movies with the rock if they have hi ho, the Dario in them
anyway.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9mhqt$p09v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195850&group=rec.arts.tv#195850

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:01:49 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:01 UTC

On 2023-07-24 18:36:56 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:20:15 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> I haven’t seen it or black Adam, anywhere free.
>>
>> Black Adam was a good movie for a different actor. The Rock was
>> playing The Rock cosplaying as Black Adam. With a different actor the
>> movie could have been much better.
>
> I mostly watch movies with the rock if they have hi ho, the Dario in them
> anyway.

That's all of *two* movies deep! (San Andreas, and Baywatch), though
IMDb seems to be implying that Hi-Ho was in a deleted scene (or scenes)
in "Rampage" as well...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9mhtp$p0ai$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195851&group=rec.arts.tv#195851

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:03:21 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:03 UTC

On 2023-07-24 17:40:06 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 7/24/2023 8:31 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>
>> What Did You Watch?
>
> Nothing.

Boooooooo!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9mi8u$p098$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195853&group=rec.arts.tv#195853

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:09:18 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:09 UTC

On 7/24/2023 11:17 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:20:15 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> It will eventually get to Max, and I will watch it then...
>>>

>>> Ian (At least, *in theory* - Shazam 2 has been on Max for a while, and
>>> I really cannot manage to generate any ethusiasm to sit down and watch
>>> it!...)
>>>

>> I haven’t seen it or black Adam, anywhere free.
>
> Black Adam was a good movie for a different actor. The Rock was
> playing The Rock cosplaying as Black Adam. With a different actor the
> movie could have been much better.

'Black Adam' was a big ego project to Johnson. Remember all his hype
about how HE was bringing Superman back? And HIS Black Adam was the
only one who could go toe-to-toe with Superman?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9mil4$p098$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195854&group=rec.arts.tv#195854

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:15:48 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:15 UTC

On 7/24/2023 10:40 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> [...]
>> Jack's answers like another famous character named Walter - Walter
>> "Radar" O'Reilly. The scene is a nod to M*A*S*H (1972).
>>

>> Commentary: Peter Woeste (Director and pronounced "west") and Producer
>> John Lenic.  A General O'Neill centered "bottle" episode, seven day
>> shoot done over four weeks to work around RDA's schedule.  Which is
>> apparently 3 days a week in town.  The last episode using CRT monitors
>> in SGC, after this they were replaced with flatscreen.  Vancouver
>> development during the course of the show kept "taking away" shooting
>> locations that the production had been using.
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S8E05 'Icon' - DVD
>> "An SG-1 first contact mission to the planet Tegalus has unintended
>> consequences.
>

> At this point are they just doing 3 person teams?

SG-1 is a three member team. Carter had a line in one episode when
there was discussion of "who is going to replace O'Neill?" where she
said there was no requirement that SG teams be four people. Which is
good because some of them are larger. :P

> [...]
>>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S8E06 'Avatar' - DVD
>> "Dr. Lee is adapting a virtual reality chair for use as a training
>> device. Teal'c thinks its current scenario is all too easy and agrees
>> to work with them to make it more realistic. He enters the game
>> scenario and is quickly "killed" at which point the chair shocks him.
>> Lee says it must be part of its basic construct. As the scenario
>> resets - it's an invasion of SGC by Goa'uld - Teal'c is repeatedly
>> killed and shocked putting him in danger. The computer program is set
>> up to learn after each scenario and the challenge for Teal'c increases
>> at every turn. Daniel volunteers to enter the game as well to see if
>> together they can find a way out."
>>

> I watched this episode when I revisited the series.  I think at this
> point I was watching all the episodes otherwise I probably would have
> skipped this one.  Trapped in VR?  Really?

As I said below it was a tie-in/promo for the Stargate game. The
commentary includes a lot of stuff from the director about how this
episode is emotionally important for Teal'c. His whole "We will
inevitably succeed" attitude was a front, deep down inside he didn't
think they could succeed against the Gou'ald. His "breaking" here and
getting support and help from the others brought him back. Better than
before, of course.

>>      Dr. Bill Lee: We've been working on this chair for two years to
>> make it a viable virtual reality training tool for SGC personnel.
>>      Teal'c: You have failed.
>>      Jack O'Neill: He's nothing if not honest.
>>      Dr. Bill Lee: Well, I mean - I mean, maybe we could, er, it could
>> use a little more work but...
>>      Jack O'Neill: Can you make it harder... more difficult?
>>      Dr. Bill Lee: Well, I mean, we can input, uh, the parameters for
>> different scenarios, but the vast majority of the simulation array
>> comes from the mind of the user. It- The programming is actually built
>> by interfacing memories from the individual's consciousness with the
>> chair's matrix.
>>      Jack O'Neill: Carter, all I heard was "Matrix", and I found those
>> films *quite* confusing.
>>
>>      Teal'c: We have won.
>>      Jack O'Neill: Well, that's what we do.
>>
>>      Dr. Carmichael: [after injecting Teal'c's heart with adrenaline]
>> That's not gonna work again.
>>      Jack O'Neill: I don't wanna *see* that again!
>>
>> Jack O'Neill: [Eagerly] How was it?  Was it fun?
>> Teal'c: Indeed.  You died well in battle O'Neill.
>> [Carter and O'Neill share a look]
>> Jack O'Neill: Obviously there is something defective with this thing.
>>
>> Goofs: Right when the episode starts, 26 seconds in, an earring hole
>> can be seen in Christopher Judge's left ear.
>> When Teal'c goes into the armory for the first time, the label on the
>> door has it spelled "Armoury". The USAF would spell words, on their
>> doors, in their bases, using American English not Canadian English.
>> (Someone felt very strongly about this!)
>> Plot Hole: Everyone including the medical staff is very afraid for
>> Tealc's life if he continues to be trapped in the virtual reality
>> training scenario. But the most obvious solution never seems to occur
>> to any of them: simply inject Teal'c with a strong but safe tranquilizer.
>>
>> Trivia: A total of 22 different iterations of the virtual reality
>> simulation are depicted in this episode.
>> The episode "Avatar" served as an introduction for a Stargate game
>> that was produced at the time, and much of the story was filmed from a
>> first-person perspective.
>>
>> They killed O'Neill in the first minute of the episode!  Anim's
>> favorite Mad Scientist, Dr. Lee, returns.  :)
>>
>> Commentary: Director Martin Wood and Actor Chris Judge.  Judge's head
>> is actually bigger than New Hampshire.  He says so himself!  Most of
>> the commentary was about how confused Judge was about what his
>> character was doing and where he was for each shot.
>>
>> What Did You Watch?
>>

> Nothing.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<pcktbipi2mo77rl2gkiva1540ptc0dvbl0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195857&group=rec.arts.tv#195857

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:32:10 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:32 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:09:18 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 7/24/2023 11:17 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:20:15 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> I haven’t seen it or black Adam, anywhere free.
>>
>> Black Adam was a good movie for a different actor. The Rock was
>> playing The Rock cosplaying as Black Adam. With a different actor the
>> movie could have been much better.
>
>'Black Adam' was a big ego project to Johnson. Remember all his hype
>about how HE was bringing Superman back? And HIS Black Adam was the
>only one who could go toe-to-toe with Superman?

I remember that. I also remember how he failed.
Funny how we don't hear much about those plans any more.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9n2f5$qql3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195883&group=rec.arts.tv#195883

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 16:45:41 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 23:45 UTC

On 2023-07-24 19:32:10 +0000, shawn said:

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:09:18 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 7/24/2023 11:17 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Black Adam was a good movie for a different actor. The Rock was
>>> playing The Rock cosplaying as Black Adam. With a different actor the
>>> movie could have been much better.
>>
>> 'Black Adam' was a big ego project to Johnson. Remember all his hype
>> about how HE was bringing Superman back? And HIS Black Adam was the
>> only one who could go toe-to-toe with Superman?
>
> I remember that. I also remember how he failed.
> Funny how we don't hear much about those plans any more.

You don't hear about those plans anymore because James Gunn plans to
literally "reboot" the *entire* DCU franchise... (And Gunn got that gig
partly because "Black Adam" was considered to be a relative "bomb",
after several in the DCU.)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9n2j3$qqta$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195884&group=rec.arts.tv#195884

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 16:47:47 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 23:47 UTC

On 2023-07-24 19:15:48 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

> On 7/24/2023 10:40 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>> On 7/24/2023 8:31 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>>>
>>> What Did You Watch?
>>
>> Nothing.
>
> You Have Failed This Newsgroup! :D

He has!! ;p

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9n2ro$qr5m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195885&group=rec.arts.tv#195885

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 16:52:25 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 23:52 UTC

On 7/24/2023 4:45 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-07-24 19:32:10 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:09:18 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
>> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> 'Black Adam' was a big ego project to Johnson.  Remember all his hype
>>> about how HE was bringing Superman back?  And HIS Black Adam was the
>>> only one who could go toe-to-toe with Superman?
>>
>> I remember that. I also remember how he failed.
>> Funny how we don't hear much about those plans any more.
>
> You don't hear about those plans anymore because James Gunn plans to
> literally "reboot" the *entire* DCU franchise... (And Gunn got that gig
> partly because "Black Adam" was considered to be a relative "bomb",
> after several in the DCU.)

And also apparently Johnson's ego pissed off some execs at WB.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<atropos-7C222E.19233324072023@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195907&group=rec.arts.tv#195907

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:23:33 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:23 UTC

In article <u9n2f5$qql3$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-07-24 19:32:10 +0000, shawn said:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 12:09:18 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> > <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> 'Black Adam' was a big ego project to Johnson. Remember all his hype
> >> about how HE was bringing Superman back? And HIS Black Adam was the
> >> only one who could go toe-to-toe with Superman?
> >
> > I remember that. I also remember how he failed.
> > Funny how we don't hear much about those plans any more.
>
> You don't hear about those plans anymore because James Gunn plans to
> literally "reboot" the *entire* DCU franchise... (And Gunn got that gig
> partly because "Black Adam" was considered to be a relative "bomb",
> after several in the DCU.)

The only downer about the "complete" reboot is that means they're
jettisoning Gadot as Wonder Woman and that's a shame because she's
perfect in the role, and I say this as someone who was initially not
cool with her casting when it was first announced. I was completely
wrong about that.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<atropos-39359D.19254324072023@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195908&group=rec.arts.tv#195908

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:25:43 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:25 UTC

In article <u9n2ro$qr5m$1@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 7/24/2023 4:45 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > On 2023-07-24 19:32:10 +0000, shawn said:

> >> I remember that. I also remember how he failed.
> >> Funny how we don't hear much about those plans any more.
> >
> > You don't hear about those plans anymore because James Gunn plans to
> > literally "reboot" the *entire* DCU franchise... (And Gunn got that gig
> > partly because "Black Adam" was considered to be a relative "bomb",
> > after several in the DCU.)
> >
> And also apparently Johnson's ego pissed off some execs at WB.

I've heard tales of him being an egomaniac in several different contexts
and it's odd because the political fundraiser site I worked where he was
a guest, he was the coolest, most courteous, down-to-earth guy. I came
with a very favorable impression of him. Ellen Degeneres he wasn't.
Maybe he's only a dick to the people he works with or something.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9ncu4$vgnl$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195915&group=rec.arts.tv#195915

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:44:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:44 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article <u9n2f5$qql3$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-07-24 19:32:10 +0000, shawn said:

>> > I remember that. I also remember how he failed.
>> > Funny how we don't hear much about those plans any more.
>>
>> You don't hear about those plans anymore because James Gunn plans to
>> literally "reboot" the *entire* DCU franchise... (And Gunn got that gig
>> partly because "Black Adam" was considered to be a relative "bomb",
>> after several in the DCU.)
>
>The only downer about the "complete" reboot is that means they're
>jettisoning Gadot as Wonder Woman and that's a shame because she's
>perfect in the role, and I say this as someone who was initially not
>cool with her casting when it was first announced. I was completely
>wrong about that.

I liked her a lot as Wonder Woman. The first script was mediocre.
The second script sucked. She's so much better than the material.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<1262869917.711950326.855836.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195923&group=rec.arts.tv#195923

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 22:51:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 05:51 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> In article <u9n2f5$qql3$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> You don't hear about those plans anymore because James Gunn plans to
>>> literally "reboot" the *entire* DCU franchise... (And Gunn got that gig
>>> partly because "Black Adam" was considered to be a relative "bomb",
>>> after several in the DCU.)
>>
>> The only downer about the "complete" reboot is that means they're
>> jettisoning Gadot as Wonder Woman and that's a shame because she's
>> perfect in the role, and I say this as someone who was initially not
>> cool with her casting when it was first announced. I was completely
>> wrong about that.
>
> I liked her a lot as Wonder Woman. The first script was mediocre.
> The second script sucked. She's so much better than the material.

Let’s not forget that the direction was to be charitable wildly
incompetent.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9npuc$11cgo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195930&group=rec.arts.tv#195930

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 23:26:19 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 06:26 UTC

On 7/24/2023 4:47 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-07-24 19:15:48 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

>>> Nothing.
>>
>> You Have Failed This Newsgroup!  :D
>
> He has!!  ;p

I was at the California State Fair and a rock concert. I do enjoy other
things. ;-)