6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Julian Assange and Arnon Milchan: The Lopsided Scales of American Justice

SubjectAuthor
* Julian Assange and Arnon Milchan: The Lopsided Scales of American Justicechromebook test
`- Re: Julian Assange and Arnon Milchan: The Lopsided Scales of American Justicechromebook test

1
Julian Assange and Arnon Milchan: The Lopsided Scales of American Justice

<cd108d13-8833-4668-b8f0-8abcf43952e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195939&group=rec.arts.tv#195939

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 03:37:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Julian Assange and Arnon Milchan: The Lopsided Scales of American Justice
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 10:37 UTC

The lopsided scales of the American justice system were on vivid display in England last weekend. In London’s His Majesty’s Prison Belmarsh—a fortress-like maximum security prison encircled by 18-foot water-stained concrete walls, balls of shinny razor wire and a dozen menacing guard towers—inmate A9397AY, otherwise known as Julian Assange, was into his fifth year of confinement. His accommodations consist of a plastic chair, a metal bed, and a steel toilet. That is where, for over four years, he has fought extradition to the United States on charges of espionage and computer intrusion in connection with the publication of hundreds of thousands of documents about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Last Saturday, a crowd of supporters and campaigners marched through central London calling for Assange’s freedom. “It is now or never,” the inmate’s wife, Stella Assange, told the audience in Parliament Square. “Julian could be a few weeks away from extradition. We don’t have a clear timeline, but this really is the end game..”

Nearby was a life-size bronze-colored statue of Assange flanked by statues of whistleblowers Edward Snowden and Chelsea Manning. Each was standing on their own individual chair, and in front read a banner: “Free Julian Assange. Journalism is not a crime.” Adjacent to them was an empty chair representing the general population and inviting them to stand alongside the trio.

That same weekend, 53 miles to the south in the seaside resort city of Brighton, another side of the American justice system could be seen in the Old Ship Hotel, a historic Georgian four-star establishment overlooking Brighton’s famous beach. Climbing the creaky wooden stairs to a conference hall was Arnon Milchan, who not only admitted to spending years committing espionage in the United States, including recruiting spies and smuggling out nearly 1,000 highly sensitive krytrons—triggers for nuclear bombs—but even boasted about it. Yet he was never indicted or even allowed to be questioned by the FBI. Unlike Assange, Milchan, who lived in Malibu, was a multibillionaire Hollywood producer with many friends in very high places.

Julian Assange and Arnon Milchan: The Lopsided Scales of American Justice
One has boasted of espionage. The other revealed massive government wrongdoing. So why is the whistleblower in jail?
JAMES BAMFORD JUNE 27, 2023
https://www.thenation.com/article/world/julian-assange-arnon-milchan-espionage/

-----------

keep a song in your heart !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaaRYZPu9dc

Re: Julian Assange and Arnon Milchan: The Lopsided Scales of American Justice

<3f60c682-7e43-499b-b127-6c2ddfe2f7c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195944&group=rec.arts.tv#195944

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 04:34:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 11:34 UTC

On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:37:05 AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> The lopsided scales of the American justice system were on vivid display in England last weekend.

> Julian Assange as fought extradition to the United States on charges of espionage and computer intrusion in connection with the publication of hundreds of thousands of documents about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

> Arnon Milchan, who not only admitted to spending years committing espionage in the United States, including recruiting spies and smuggling out nearly 1,000 highly sensitive krytrons—triggers for nuclear bombs—but even boasted about it. Yet he was never indicted or even allowed to be questioned by the FBI. Unlike Assange, Milchan, who lived in Malibu, was a multibillionaire Hollywood producer with many friends in very high places.

> Julian Assange and Arnon Milchan: The Lopsided Scales of American Justice

Your government has been hijacked, by a passionate attachment to an ugly little spartan state

How do I love thee? Let these cocksuckers count the ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIVOUyp_6LI