Ya'll hear about the geometer who went to the beach to catch some rays and became a tangent ?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashian

SubjectAuthor
* I hast failed to become a KardashianAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashianshawn
|`- Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashiananim8rfsk
+* Re: I hast failed to become a KardashianBTR1701
|`- Re: I hast failed to become a KardashianAdam H. Kerman
`- Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashiansuzeeq

1
I hast failed to become a Kardashian

<u9q2nd$1d1pp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196039&group=rec.arts.tv#196039

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: I hast failed to become a Kardashian
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:08:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:08 UTC

For my Tuesday-evening class, I tried to use video on my end for the
student on Zoom. Typically I share my video screen on laptop, but the
laptop doesn't have a camera and I don't have a Webcam; I use audio
only.

I caved.

I bought a ring light with a smart phone holder. I was told to not
bother with a Webcam as they haven't been updated in over a decade, and
cameras in smart phones are better.

I bought a table top ring light and an 18 inch one. The table top doesn't
have a power plug, just power over USB. I plugged it into the laptop.

I couldn't tell from the picture on the box, but the height isn't
adjustable. Huh? Also, I couldn't figure out how to use it with the lens
on the back of the smart phone so I used the lens on the front which
means I'm reversed left-to-right.

The top of my head ended up on Zoom. I had to turn the lighting way down
because it reflected in the lenses of my glasses.

There's a spare laptop here with a built-in Webcam. Obviously the height
isn't adjustable on that either. It didn't look great on Zoom.

The problem with getting the top of my head is that I'm looking down at
the screen on the laptop which also shows the remote person's face, so
I think I'm talking directly to someone but not looking where the camera
is.

I'll try the 18 inch one next time. I believe the light stand is
adjustable.

At some point I'm making a video which is why I'm practicing on Zoom.

This whole thing is absurd. I need a pre-teen to help me set this up.
They all make videos with their smart phones. It can't be that
difficult.

Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashian

<0051cilqt0k2kdr55hdlcl5pqjp5f5ki8p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196043&group=rec.arts.tv#196043

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashian
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 23:40:00 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:40 UTC

On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:08:30 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>For my Tuesday-evening class, I tried to use video on my end for the
>student on Zoom. Typically I share my video screen on laptop, but the
>laptop doesn't have a camera and I don't have a Webcam; I use audio
>only.
>
>I caved.
>
>I bought a ring light with a smart phone holder. I was told to not
>bother with a Webcam as they haven't been updated in over a decade, and
>cameras in smart phones are better.
>
>I bought a table top ring light and an 18 inch one. The table top doesn't
>have a power plug, just power over USB. I plugged it into the laptop.
>
>I couldn't tell from the picture on the box, but the height isn't
>adjustable. Huh? Also, I couldn't figure out how to use it with the lens
>on the back of the smart phone so I used the lens on the front which
>means I'm reversed left-to-right.
>
>The top of my head ended up on Zoom. I had to turn the lighting way down
>because it reflected in the lenses of my glasses.
>
>There's a spare laptop here with a built-in Webcam. Obviously the height
>isn't adjustable on that either. It didn't look great on Zoom.
>
>The problem with getting the top of my head is that I'm looking down at
>the screen on the laptop which also shows the remote person's face, so
>I think I'm talking directly to someone but not looking where the camera
>is.
>
>I'll try the 18 inch one next time. I believe the light stand is
>adjustable.
>
>At some point I'm making a video which is why I'm practicing on Zoom.
>
>This whole thing is absurd. I need a pre-teen to help me set this up.
>They all make videos with their smart phones. It can't be that
>difficult.

LOL. It isn't that difficult if you either don't care about the
quality (which you do) or you have the right equipment (which you
don't.) It may take some doing to figure it out and maybe some
different equipment but I have no doubt you will get it.

Just to make you feel a bit better I know of plenty of younger people
who got into streaming and had similar issues when starting out. Plus
a number of older individuals ( mid 40s and up) who have been
streaming for years and can still have technical issues that take them
a bit to figure out. It all depends on what people are trying to do
and just how complex their set up is. (Think of trying to do a podcast
with multiple people located across the globe providing their own
video feeds that needs to be combined into one stream that the viewers
will see while also managing audio levels and, of course, the typical
Internet issues that can result in people being disconnected while in
the middle of a discussion.)

Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashian

<97356403.712036203.593083.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196047&group=rec.arts.tv#196047

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 20:58:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:58 UTC

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:08:30 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> For my Tuesday-evening class, I tried to use video on my end for the
>> student on Zoom. Typically I share my video screen on laptop, but the
>> laptop doesn't have a camera and I don't have a Webcam; I use audio
>> only.
>>
>> I caved.
>>
>> I bought a ring light with a smart phone holder. I was told to not
>> bother with a Webcam as they haven't been updated in over a decade, and
>> cameras in smart phones are better.
>>
>> I bought a table top ring light and an 18 inch one. The table top doesn't
>> have a power plug, just power over USB. I plugged it into the laptop.
>>
>> I couldn't tell from the picture on the box, but the height isn't
>> adjustable. Huh? Also, I couldn't figure out how to use it with the lens
>> on the back of the smart phone so I used the lens on the front which
>> means I'm reversed left-to-right.
>>
>> The top of my head ended up on Zoom. I had to turn the lighting way down
>> because it reflected in the lenses of my glasses.
>>
>> There's a spare laptop here with a built-in Webcam. Obviously the height
>> isn't adjustable on that either. It didn't look great on Zoom.
>>
>> The problem with getting the top of my head is that I'm looking down at
>> the screen on the laptop which also shows the remote person's face, so
>> I think I'm talking directly to someone but not looking where the camera
>> is.
>>
>> I'll try the 18 inch one next time. I believe the light stand is
>> adjustable.
>>
>> At some point I'm making a video which is why I'm practicing on Zoom.
>>
>> This whole thing is absurd. I need a pre-teen to help me set this up.
>> They all make videos with their smart phones. It can't be that
>> difficult.
>
> LOL. It isn't that difficult if you either don't care about the
> quality

Kardashian doesn’t care about quality. Just watch her sex tape.

Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashian

<atropos-15BB1C.21073025072023@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196049&group=rec.arts.tv#196049

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 21:07:30 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 04:07 UTC

In article <u9q2nd$1d1pp$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> For my Tuesday-evening class, I tried to use video on my end for the
> student on Zoom. Typically I share my video screen on laptop, but the
> laptop doesn't have a camera and I don't have a Webcam; I use audio
> only.
>
> I caved.
>
> I bought a ring light with a smart phone holder. I was told to not
> bother with a Webcam as they haven't been updated in over a decade, and
> cameras in smart phones are better.
>
> I bought a table top ring light and an 18 inch one. The table top doesn't
> have a power plug, just power over USB. I plugged it into the laptop.
>
> I couldn't tell from the picture on the box, but the height isn't
> adjustable. Huh? Also, I couldn't figure out how to use it with the lens
> on the back of the smart phone so I used the lens on the front which
> means I'm reversed left-to-right.
>
> The top of my head ended up on Zoom. I had to turn the lighting way down
> because it reflected in the lenses of my glasses.
>
> There's a spare laptop here with a built-in Webcam. Obviously the height
> isn't adjustable on that either. It didn't look great on Zoom.
>
> The problem with getting the top of my head is that I'm looking down at
> the screen on the laptop which also shows the remote person's face, so
> I think I'm talking directly to someone but not looking where the camera
> is.
>
> I'll try the 18 inch one next time. I believe the light stand is
> adjustable.
>
> At some point I'm making a video which is why I'm practicing on Zoom.
>
> This whole thing is absurd. I need a pre-teen to help me set this up.
> They all make videos with their smart phones. It can't be that
> difficult.

Dear god, I thought we were going to get a story about you filming and
"losing" your sex tape.

Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashian

<u9q7m2$aqnt$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196050&group=rec.arts.tv#196050

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 21:33:06 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 04:33 UTC

On 7/25/2023 8:08 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> For my Tuesday-evening class, I tried to use video on my end for the
> student on Zoom. Typically I share my video screen on laptop, but the
> laptop doesn't have a camera and I don't have a Webcam; I use audio
> only.
>
> I caved.
>
> I bought a ring light with a smart phone holder. I was told to not
> bother with a Webcam as they haven't been updated in over a decade, and
> cameras in smart phones are better.
>
> I bought a table top ring light and an 18 inch one. The table top doesn't
> have a power plug, just power over USB. I plugged it into the laptop.
>
> I couldn't tell from the picture on the box, but the height isn't
> adjustable. Huh? Also, I couldn't figure out how to use it with the lens
> on the back of the smart phone so I used the lens on the front which
> means I'm reversed left-to-right.
>
> The top of my head ended up on Zoom. I had to turn the lighting way down
> because it reflected in the lenses of my glasses.
>
> There's a spare laptop here with a built-in Webcam. Obviously the height
> isn't adjustable on that either. It didn't look great on Zoom.
>
> The problem with getting the top of my head is that I'm looking down at
> the screen on the laptop which also shows the remote person's face, so
> I think I'm talking directly to someone but not looking where the camera
> is.
>
> I'll try the 18 inch one next time. I believe the light stand is
> adjustable.
>
> At some point I'm making a video which is why I'm practicing on Zoom.
>
> This whole thing is absurd. I need a pre-teen to help me set this up.
> They all make videos with their smart phones. It can't be that
> difficult.

You could try propping up the laptop some at an angle that gets all your
head in the picture.

Re: I hast failed to become a Kardashian

<u9qd00$1ds6b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196051&group=rec.arts.tv#196051

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 06:03:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 06:03 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>Dear god, I thought we were going to get a story about you filming and
>"losing" your sex tape.

Since I identify as a young Korean teenage girl pr0n star, that does sound
like something I might do.