arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)suzeeq
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)shawn
 |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
 | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 |  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Dimensional Traveler
 |  |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 |  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)shawn
 |   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<UBI20230723@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195776&group=rec.arts.tv#195776

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:30 UTC

I watched:

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

Baywatching Nights: Payback:
Geraldo Rivera returns which is somehow not the worst thing about this
episode.
https://youtu.be/Ktk5xKJvaJk

Tesla's technology to talk to spirits of the dead:
GHOST PHONE vs SPIRIT RADIO. Edison versus Tesla. One of history's greatest
rivalries. They would never admit it but as different as these men were, they
also had many similarities. For instance, they also both dabbled in
paranormal technology. Nikola Tesla was convinced he could invent a device to
communicate with the spirit world. And Thomas Edison was convinced he could
get there first. Let's find out why!
https://youtu.be/kAm6dKvFb78

Kennedy Contract Details LEAKED? Iger Couldn't Fire Her Before, But Things
Have CHANGED Source Says!:
The situation at Lucasfilm has allegedly stabilized to some extent, as Iger's
lieutenants have taken control of Lucasfilm to enforce Disney budgetary
guidelines and discipline according to numerous sources - but what's going on
with Kathleen Kennedy, Leslye Headland, and Star Wars? Here's an update from
my Hollywood spies and Kamran Pasha's source Sparrow about the latest rumors
coming out of Lucasfilm, rumors that may at last explain why Iger never fired
Kennedy, and why that could possibly be about to change! #disney #starwars
#lucasfilm
https://youtu.be/VGnKCU0N9oE

MOVIE MACABRE:
"Legacy of Blood".

MST3K:
Left it running in the background.

FAMILY GUY:
"A Wife-Changing Experience". Joe accidentally sees Lois naked, leading to a
re-invigoration of his sex life with Bonnie. Meanwhile, Stewie is gifted an
electric SUV and quickly embodies the "Range Rover" lifestyle.

Pretty funny, save for the ending.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9m82j$nk2q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195823&group=rec.arts.tv#195823

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 09:15:15 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 16:15 UTC

On 2023-07-24 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Travelling home took much of the day. When I got home, all I got through was:

soaps: Fri's episodes, for both:
DOOL - I *f**king* *HATE* this 'Abe is kidnapped' storyline!! They
keep dragging it out!! Forever!!! In this one, Marlena (and Kayla)
figure out why Crazy Whitley is doing all of this (it also explains her
stuffed cat collection!). Meanwhile, everyone has finally figured out
about Whitley. But, because of IDIOT PLOTTING!1!, stupid Lani throws
away her only leverage with Whitley, so Whitley either killed Lani, or
drugged her and dumped her (we will find out which on Monday)... PLEASE
JUST END THIS AWFUL STORYLINE!!!
GH - Basically, *meh*... Sonny has figured out that something Shady
is up with Austin. And Curtis is apparently definitely paralyzed (and
they think it's "permanent")... I think that is basically all that
happened.

Look Who's Stalking (LMN) - This could have/should have been a lot
better - in the middle here they were threatening to make Juliana
Destefano a red herring, and make the "stalker" one of the other
suspects, and if they had just followed through on that, it would have
made for a much more entertaining flick. Especially if it had turned
out that the second-husband and the daughter were conspiring to do it!
(that would have been a gutsy and welcome twist!!).
But, instead, this played out exactly like you would expect, down to
both the stalker's identity and their "motive". [sigh...]

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<656282484.711912225.402598.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195835&group=rec.arts.tv#195835

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:51:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:51 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

Obvious and I both watched THE LAZARUS MAN PROJECT EFFECT last night, and
discussed it this morning:

OB VEEUS: I did watch the season finale of THE LAZARUS PROJECT. TNT’s
time travel sci-fi series really amps itself up in the finale as they all
find themselves caught in a 3 week time loop. I’d be concerned about the
lack of security at headquarters. These people get discouraged and start
deserting their jobs to the point where George can just take guests in and
take secret juice out…

ME: That was staggering wasn’t it? They have absolutely zero security?
They don’t have any passive security?

OB VEEUS: what stops one of the many people working there from simply
disconnecting the dead man’s switch

ME: Up until the boss Lady blabbed it might’ve been because nobody knew
they had a deadman switch. But that did answer the big question I’ve had,
why doesn’t somebody set off a nuke on top of Lazarus headquarters?
Actually, no, it still doesn’t answer that. Not unless all the bad guys
know about the dead man switch.

OB VEEUS: so that the universe doesn’t get reset? Beyond that, how funny
is it that while the universe is ending, our hero George is still trying to
figure out how to get back with his girlfriend? Priorities, dude!

ME: He’s got three weeks to try to save the universe, and he blows at
least a couple of days on the dead guy in his apartment. Hell just spend
the next three weeks at project Lazarus! That’s where you probably want to
be anyway.

And how long has he been wondering about body disposal that he had a place
in mind?

George did tell his slag girlfriend that they were married when she was
pregnant. Either that’s a reality I missed or George is delusional. But
that’s two characters now that have said they were married even if we never
saw it.

OB VEEUS: Spoiler questions…
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
The evil Chinese people figured out that THE LAZARUS PROJECT was up to
something and then they managed to track George to super-scientist Janet’s
location and then they kidnapped her and brought her back in time so that
they could get her to build them a time reset machine and then the two
machines interacted to destroy the known universe. If that is where we are
at, then how are our heroes going to manage to get time travel themselves?
Will they be able to steal that from the Chinese and then go back in time
and stop the Chinese from turning the second time loop machine on? If that
scenario is possible, then why haven’t the Chinese already done it
themselves? Surely, the Chinese know that their second loop machine is the
cause of the collapse of the universe, so why don’t they just use their
time travel ability to go back and fix it?

ME: They haven’t even been able to get the earlier more basic time travel
right. There’s no way in hell they’re going to get the new more complicated
time travel right. For instance, they sent Janet back in time so she’s no
longer in the present. How the fuck does that work? Sure she’s still in the
present. She might be dead or something but unless they keep sending her
back every June 30 She’s going to be here for the Fourth of July.

Depending on how it works, there might be a whole mess of her here.

Now, if they send her to the future, she’ll be missing in the present.

So now, George’s girlfriend can remember the past. When she remembers what
a horrible person she is, I hope she throws herself in front of the bus!

I think they did this episode just because I had sworn not to watch season
two and now I’m tempted.

************************
And now back to me

STAR TREK STRANGE NEW WORLDS ready room
Will Wheaton, and will Riker and the two live people from lower decks
discuss the cartoon episode, including a very special feature at about
crossover’s between Star Trek series, which completely ignores trials and
tribulations. And says next week will be something other than the musical
episode.
Arthur will like this a lot.

The peach and I watch partied some stuff.

VOX MACHINA.
A strange cartoon with dungeons and dragons players, bringing their voices
to life via a Kickstarter campaign that raised a ridiculous amount of money
for no reason I understand. We watched the first episode and then went
looking for something else. I mentioned that the lip assignment was
clearly done by people that didn’t speak English or were deaf. Any time
they saw the letter U ( queue, the Stargate SG1 jokes.) they hit it with
the completely round 000 sound which is not how the word “fuck“ (which they
use constantly) is pronounced.

HIGHLANDER THE SERIES S01E08 or possibly S01E10, depending on who’s guide
you believe. The one with the vanity. This was painfully, obviously a 4:3
show that they had stretched out to 16:9 and blowing up to HD using a
variety of methods with dubious results.

Continuing on Solo, I watched

COLLECTORS CALL S04E16 Barbie
For once, Blair did not insult the collector or her collection may be
because it was all girls stuff.
I had other episodes recorded but they all failed to a Cox error message
about them not letting me watch MeTV anymore.

DEATH IN PARADISE S12E08.
The season finale. Will DI Parker leave the island after failing to realize
the woman he loved never cared for him and had been killing people all
along?
Another impossible killing the solution, for which once again makes no
sense whatsoever.
Padded out with an enormous amount of faux calypso singing that even Marlon
the deputy objected to!
Instead of ending with a cliffhanger, they actually tied everything up but
the overly woke people at PBS don’t intend to show me the next season
anyway.

The usual reruns, such as LAWMAN.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<24gtbilegp1lr10iruukb31qpb8g6dkmvs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195843&group=rec.arts.tv#195843

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:24:45 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:24 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:51:25 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>Obvious and I both watched THE LAZARUS MAN PROJECT EFFECT last night, and
>discussed it this morning:
>
>OB VEEUS: I did watch the season finale of THE LAZARUS PROJECT. TNT’s
>time travel sci-fi series really amps itself up in the finale as they all
>find themselves caught in a 3 week time loop. I’d be concerned about the
>lack of security at headquarters. These people get discouraged and start
>deserting their jobs to the point where George can just take guests in and
>take secret juice out…

Keep in mind that these are people that have basically suffered
through years of history that doesn't exist. At some point I expect
most people would reach a breaking point and just give up.

> [...]
>time travel ability to go back and fix it?
>
>ME: They haven’t even been able to get the earlier more basic time travel
>right. There’s no way in hell they’re going to get the new more complicated
>time travel right. For instance, they sent Janet back in time so she’s no
>longer in the present. How the fuck does that work? Sure she’s still in the
>present. She might be dead or something but unless they keep sending her
>back every June 30 She’s going to be here for the Fourth of July.
>
>Depending on how it works, there might be a whole mess of her here.
>
>Now, if they send her to the future, she’ll be missing in the present.
>
>So now, George’s girlfriend can remember the past. When she remembers what
>a horrible person she is, I hope she throws herself in front of the bus!
>
>I think they did this episode just because I had sworn not to watch season

I'm going to have to watch these last couple of episodes to remind me
of all the events before season two starts up.

>************************
>And now back to me

>The peach and I watch partied some stuff.
>
>VOX MACHINA.
>A strange cartoon with dungeons and dragons players, bringing their voices
>to life via a Kickstarter campaign that raised a ridiculous amount of money
>for no reason I understand. We watched the first episode and then went
>looking for something else. I mentioned that the lip assignment was
>clearly done by people that didn’t speak English or were deaf. Any time
>they saw the letter U ( queue, the Stargate SG1 jokes.) they hit it with
>the completely round 000 sound which is not how the word “fuck“ (which they
>use constantly) is pronounced.

I watched some of this last year and don't remember noticing anything
wrong with their pronunciation.

>HIGHLANDER THE SERIES S01E08 or possibly S01E10, depending on who’s guide
>you believe. The one with the vanity. This was painfully, obviously a 4:3
>show that they had stretched out to 16:9 and blowing up to HD using a
>variety of methods with dubious results.

It's been so long since I watched this I have no memory of it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9mhmi$9b1u$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195849&group=rec.arts.tv#195849

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:59:29 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:59 UTC

On 7/24/2023 9:15 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-07-24 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Travelling home took much of the day. When I got home, all I got through
> was:
>
> soaps: Fri's episodes, for both:
>   DOOL - I *f**king* *HATE* this 'Abe is kidnapped' storyline!! They
> keep dragging it out!! Forever!!! In this one, Marlena (and Kayla)
> figure out why Crazy Whitley is doing all of this (it also explains her
> stuffed cat collection!). Meanwhile, everyone has finally figured out
> about Whitley. But, because of IDIOT PLOTTING!1!, stupid Lani throws
> away her only leverage with Whitley, so Whitley either killed Lani, or
> drugged her and dumped her (we will find out which on Monday)... PLEASE
> JUST END THIS AWFUL STORYLINE!!!

Take it easy, it's over today.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9msti$q7h9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195871&group=rec.arts.tv#195871

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:10:57 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 22:10 UTC

On 7/24/2023 11:24 AM, shawn wrote:
> [...]
>> scenario is possible, then why haven’t the Chinese already done it
>> themselves? Surely, the Chinese know that their second loop machine is the
>> cause of the collapse of the universe, so why don’t they just use their
>> time travel ability to go back and fix it?
>>
>> ME: They haven’t even been able to get the earlier more basic time travel
>> right. There’s no way in hell they’re going to get the new more complicated
>> time travel right. For instance, they sent Janet back in time so she’s no
>> longer in the present. How the fuck does that work? Sure she’s still in the
>> present. She might be dead or something but unless they keep sending her
>> back every June 30 She’s going to be here for the Fourth of July.
>>
>> Depending on how it works, there might be a whole mess of her here.
>>
>> Now, if they send her to the future, she’ll be missing in the present.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If they send her back in
time on June 30th then she will not be there on July 4th. I am talking
about the president day version of her will be gone, not the version of
her transported to the past rotting away in some dungeon.

>> So now, George’s girlfriend can remember the past. When she remembers what
>> a horrible person she is, I hope she throws herself in front of the bus!
>>
>> I think they did this episode just because I had sworn not to watch season
>> two and now I’m tempted.
>
> I'm going to have to watch these last couple of episodes to remind me
> of all the events before season two starts up.
>
>> ************************
>> And now back to me
>
>> The peach and I watch partied some stuff.
>>
>> VOX MACHINA.
>> A strange cartoon with dungeons and dragons players, bringing their voices
>> to life via a Kickstarter campaign that raised a ridiculous amount of money
>> for no reason I understand. We watched the first episode and then went
>> looking for something else. I mentioned that the lip assignment was
>> clearly done by people that didn’t speak English or were deaf. Any time
>> they saw the letter U ( queue, the Stargate SG1 jokes.) they hit it with
>> the completely round 000 sound which is not how the word “fuck“ (which they
>> use constantly) is pronounced.
>
> I watched some of this last year and don't remember noticing anything
> wrong with their pronunciation.

Same. I've been meaning to pick up and finish the show, except I keep
forgetting the show exists. ;-)

>> HIGHLANDER THE SERIES S01E08 or possibly S01E10, depending on who’s guide
>> you believe. The one with the vanity. This was painfully, obviously a 4:3
>> show that they had stretched out to 16:9 and blowing up to HD using a
>> variety of methods with dubious results.
>>

> It's been so long since I watched this I have no memory of it.

Oddly enough I remember this one. Must be Vanity. :-)

As i recall, she's tricked by her immortal lover into thinking Duncan
MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod (you *have* to say it that way!) killed him
then sits back and laughs as she goes for revenge.

That reminds me I till have Highlander 3 sitting on my DVR. I was going
to watch it a few weeks back when I watched the first 2 movies but never
got around to it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<1498982182.711936394.467959.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195893&group=rec.arts.tv#195893

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:03:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 01:03 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> ME: They haven’t even been able to get the earlier more basic time travel
>>> right. There’s no way in hell they’re going to get the new more complicated
>>> time travel right. For instance, they sent Janet back in time so she’s no
>>> longer in the present. How the fuck does that work? Sure she’s still in the
>>> present. She might be dead or something but unless they keep sending her
>>> back every June 30 She’s going to be here for the Fourth of July.
>>>
>>> Depending on how it works, there might be a whole mess of her here.
>>>
>>> Now, if they send her to the future, she’ll be missing in the present.
>>>

> I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If they send her back in
> time on June 30th then she will not be there on July 4th. I am talking
> about the president day version of her will be gone, not the version of
> her transported to the past rotting away in some dungeon.

But the dungeon version of her will be there. There will be two of her for
the month of June and then the dungeon version will continue on into July
(if they don’t send one of them back in time during this iteration, they
will continue to have two of them in July). They said the reason they
couldn’t find her was because she didn’t exist at all, having gone back in
time. And that’s so far wildly wrong it’s not even funny.

>>> So now, George’s girlfriend can remember the past. When she remembers what
>>> a horrible person she is, I hope she throws herself in front of the bus!
>>>
>>> I think they did this episode just because I had sworn not to watch season
>>> two and now I’m tempted.
>>
>> I'm going to have to watch these last couple of episodes to remind me
>> of all the events before season two starts up.
>>
>>> ************************
>>> And now back to me
>>
>>> The peach and I watch partied some stuff.
>>>
>>> VOX MACHINA.
>>> A strange cartoon with dungeons and dragons players, bringing their voices
>>> to life via a Kickstarter campaign that raised a ridiculous amount of money
>>> for no reason I understand. We watched the first episode and then went
>>> looking for something else. I mentioned that the lip assignment was
>>> clearly done by people that didn’t speak English or were deaf. Any time
>>> they saw the letter U ( queue, the Stargate SG1 jokes.) they hit it with
>>> the completely round 000 sound which is not how the word “fuck“ (which they
>>> use constantly) is pronounced.
>>
>> I watched some of this last year and don't remember noticing anything
>> wrong with their pronunciation.

Maybe because you weren’t an animator for 50 years? :-)

It’s the mouth art that is wrong, not the vocal pronunciation. They didn’t
write out their exposure sheets phonetically. Which is animation 101.
The exposure sheet should read F - UH - K. They just wrote out FUCK or
Possibly FUK and they end up getting the character saying FOOK.

> Same. I've been meaning to pick up and finish the show, except I keep
> forgetting the show exists. ;-)
>

>>> HIGHLANDER THE SERIES S01E08 or possibly S01E10, depending on who’s guide
>>> you believe. The one with the vanity. This was painfully, obviously a 4:3
>>> show that they had stretched out to 16:9 and blowing up to HD using a
>>> variety of methods with dubious results.
>>>

>> It's been so long since I watched this I have no memory of it.
>
> Oddly enough I remember this one. Must be Vanity. :-)
>
> As i recall, she's tricked by her immortal lover into thinking Duncan
> MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod (you *have* to say it that way!) killed him
> then sits back and laughs as she goes for revenge.

Exactly, right

> That reminds me I till have Highlander 3 sitting on my DVR. I was going
> to watch it a few weeks back when I watched the first 2 movies but never
> got around to it.

I don’t remember that one at all. I remember watching the final one that
was physically painful to endure…

Google Google.

Oh, yeah, that’s the one with Mario Van Peebles that takes place before
Highlander to and it’s probably out of continuity with everything
especially the TV show.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9n8e9$re2j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195898&group=rec.arts.tv#195898

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:27:38 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 01:27 UTC

On 7/24/2023 6:03 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>> On 7/24/2023 11:24 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Keep in mind that these are people that have basically suffered
>>> through years of history that doesn't exist. At some point I expect
>>> most people would reach a breaking point and just give up.

>> I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If they send her back in
>> time on June 30th then she will not be there on July 4th. I am talking
>> about the president day version of her will be gone, not the version of
>> her transported to the past rotting away in some dungeon.
>>

> But the dungeon version of her will be there. There will be two of her for
> the month of June and then the dungeon version will continue on into July
> (if they don’t send one of them back in time during this iteration, they
> will continue to have two of them in July). They said the reason they
> couldn’t find her was because she didn’t exist at all, having gone back in
> time. And that’s so far wildly wrong it’s not even funny.

>>> I'm going to have to watch these last couple of episodes to remind me
>>> of all the events before season two starts up.

>>> I watched some of this last year and don't remember noticing anything
>>> wrong with their pronunciation.
>
> Maybe because you weren’t an animator for 50 years? :-)
>
> It’s the mouth art that is wrong, not the vocal pronunciation. They didn’t
> write out their exposure sheets phonetically. Which is animation 101.
> The exposure sheet should read F - UH - K. They just wrote out FUCK or
> Possibly FUK and they end up getting the character saying FOOK.
>

>> Same. I've been meaning to pick up and finish the show, except I keep
>> forgetting the show exists. ;-)

>>> It's been so long since I watched this I have no memory of it.
>>
>> Oddly enough I remember this one. Must be Vanity. :-)
>>
>> As i recall, she's tricked by her immortal lover into thinking Duncan
>> MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod (you *have* to say it that way!) killed him
>> then sits back and laughs as she goes for revenge.
>
> Exactly, right
>

>> That reminds me I till have Highlander 3 sitting on my DVR. I was going
>> to watch it a few weeks back when I watched the first 2 movies but never
>> got around to it.
>>

> I don’t remember that one at all. I remember watching the final one that
> was physically painful to endure…
>
> Google Google.
>
> Oh, yeah, that’s the one with Mario Van Peebles that takes place before
> Highlander to and it’s probably out of continuity with everything
> especially the TV show.

Well the TV show took place in a different universe than the movies.
The show producers said so!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<ms9ubipgff7nbm7d283slf51tegb59acmq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195901&group=rec.arts.tv#195901

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 22:02:40 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:02 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:03:36 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>> On 7/24/2023 11:24 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> I watched some of this last year and don't remember noticing anything
>>> wrong with their pronunciation.
>
>Maybe because you weren’t an animator for 50 years? :-)
>
>It’s the mouth art that is wrong, not the vocal pronunciation. They didn’t
>write out their exposure sheets phonetically. Which is animation 101.
>The exposure sheet should read F - UH - K. They just wrote out FUCK or
>Possibly FUK and they end up getting the character saying FOOK.

Ah, I've seen enough dubbed Japanese anime that I may have noticed it
and just ignored it.

>> Same. I've been meaning to pick up and finish the show, except I keep
>> forgetting the show exists. ;-)
>>

>> That reminds me I till have Highlander 3 sitting on my DVR. I was going
>> to watch it a few weeks back when I watched the first 2 movies but never
>> got around to it.
>>

>I don’t remember that one at all. I remember watching the final one that
>was physically painful to endure…
>
>Google Google.
>
>Oh, yeah, that’s the one with Mario Van Peebles that takes place before
>Highlander to and it’s probably out of continuity with everything
>especially the TV show.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<1473811718.711950660.453013.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195924&group=rec.arts.tv#195924

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 22:52:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 05:52 UTC

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:03:36 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> Maybe because you weren’t an animator for 50 years? :-)
>>
>> It’s the mouth art that is wrong, not the vocal pronunciation. They didn’t
>> write out their exposure sheets phonetically. Which is animation 101.
>> The exposure sheet should read F - UH - K. They just wrote out FUCK or
>> Possibly FUK and they end up getting the character saying FOOK.
>
> Ah, I've seen enough dubbed Japanese anime that I may have noticed it
> and just ignored it.

Yeah. Of course much of that is because the art is just done generically so
you can put in any language you want later.

Which is one of the reasons I generally can’t stand anime.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<1277159928.711950774.497766.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=195925&group=rec.arts.tv#195925

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 22:52:01 -0700

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 7/24/2023 6:03 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If they send her back in
>>> time on June 30th then she will not be there on July 4th. I am talking
>>> about the president day version of her will be gone, not the version of
>>> her transported to the past rotting away in some dungeon.
>>>

>> But the dungeon version of her will be there. There will be two of her for
>> the month of June and then the dungeon version will continue on into July
>> (if they don’t send one of them back in time during this iteration, they
>> will continue to have two of them in July). They said the reason they
>> couldn’t find her was because she didn’t exist at all, having gone back in
>> time. And that’s so far wildly wrong it’s not even funny.

>> Maybe because you weren’t an animator for 50 years? :-)
>>
>> It’s the mouth art that is wrong, not the vocal pronunciation. They didn’t
>> write out their exposure sheets phonetically. Which is animation 101.
>> The exposure sheet should read F - UH - K. They just wrote out FUCK or
>> Possibly FUK and they end up getting the character saying FOOK.
>>

>>> Same. I've been meaning to pick up and finish the show, except I keep
>>> forgetting the show exists. ;-)

>>> Oddly enough I remember this one. Must be Vanity. :-)
>>>
>>> As i recall, she's tricked by her immortal lover into thinking Duncan
>>> MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod (you *have* to say it that way!) killed him
>>> then sits back and laughs as she goes for revenge.
>>
>> Exactly, right
>>

>>> That reminds me I till have Highlander 3 sitting on my DVR. I was going
>>> to watch it a few weeks back when I watched the first 2 movies but never
>>> got around to it.
>>>

>> I don’t remember that one at all. I remember watching the final one that
>> was physically painful to endure…
>>
>> Google Google.
>>
>> Oh, yeah, that’s the one with Mario Van Peebles that takes place before
>> Highlander to and it’s probably out of continuity with everything
>> especially the TV show.
>>
> Well the TV show took place in a different universe than the movies.
> The show producers said so!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-07-23 (Sunday)

<u9r1kp$1fld7$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196078&group=rec.arts.tv#196078

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>Obvious and I both watched THE LAZARUS MAN PROJECT EFFECT last night, and
>discussed it this morning:
>
>OB VEEUS: Spoiler questions…
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>The evil Chinese people figured out that THE LAZARUS PROJECT was up to
>something and then they managed to track George to super-scientist Janet’s
>location and then they kidnapped her and brought her back in time so that
>they could get her to build them a time reset machine and then the two
>machines interacted to destroy the known universe. If that is where we are
>at, then how are our heroes going to manage to get time travel themselves?
>Will they be able to steal that from the Chinese and then go back in time
>and stop the Chinese from turning the second time loop machine on? If that
>scenario is possible, then why haven’t the Chinese already done it
>themselves? Surely, the Chinese know that their second loop machine is the
>cause of the collapse of the universe, so why don’t they just use their
>time travel ability to go back and fix it?
>
>ME: They haven't even been able to get the earlier more basic time travel
>right. There's no way in hell they're going to get the new more complicated
>time travel right. For instance, they sent Janet back in time so she's no
>longer in the present. How the fuck does that work? Sure she's still in the
>present. She might be dead or something but unless they keep sending her
>back every June 30 She’s going to be here for the Fourth of July.

That reminds me of a scene I recently saw in FRINGE in which two of The
Observers are exiting a movie theatre (circa 1985) and chuckling about how
humans think time travel works.

--
Let's go Brandon!