A pound of salt will not sweeten a single cup of tea.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"Will Dockery
`* Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"Michael Pendragon
 `* Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"W-Dockery
  `- Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"Coco DeSockmonkey

1
Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"

<ef898162-49b3-4b2d-9611-94ded33be087n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196346&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#196346

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 07:31:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:31 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

>> > Jordy, one thing that you should do is what I've been doing, report Michael Pendragon to Google Groups for abuse.
>> >
>> > Hit the "Report abuse" button, then click the second option, shown here:
>> >
>> > ***

>> > I just talked with my nephew and told him what is going on
>> > 1 view
>> > Subscribe
>> > jdcha...@gmail.com's profile photo
>> > jdcha...@gmail.com
>> > 10:53 PM (1 minute ago)
>> >
>> > I've been wondering what the best way to handle this situation is, and wanting to be a good, responsible uncle, decided that the best thing to do is openness and honesty, to let my nephew know what is going on, more to warn him of potential harassment than anything else... It's quite sad and needless to say, deplorable, that someone who has gone on record *many* times to say that he never took the the goings on here into the "real world" would behave in such a low down, vile, despicable manner, but sadly, it is not suprising... thankfully, my nephew, who already knew that I used his name on the internet, appears to be taking this quite well and doesn't seem concerned... he has read(or at least glanced at) the disgusting, appaling words and he seems not the least bit perturbed by it... so while I still, naturally, am disgusted and horrified by this behavior, at least I can stop worrying that my nephew will be upset and suprised by this disgusting, atroicious behavior..
>> > Report abuse
>> > Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
>> > Group name: alt.arts.poetry.comments
>> > Subject: I just talked with my nephew and told him what is going on
>> > Author: jdcha...@gmail.com
>> > Type of abuse:
>> > Spam
>> >
>> > Hateful or violent content. For example, Anti-Semitic content, racist content, or material that could result in a violent physical act.
>> This is the one I use on the Google Groups abuse reports, Pendragon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> You can use it all you want to, but that won't make it apply.

> There is nothing Anti-Semitic or racist in the poem,

"Hateful or violent content"

> nor does it promote or prompt physical violence against either of the "Jordys."

"Hateful or violent content"

Your malicious and libelous personal attacks against Jordy and his family definitely fit the description of "Hateful or violent content", Michael Pendragon.

HTH and HAND.

Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"

<5756dcc3-090f-414f-95a2-2c4bee1c51d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196353&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#196353

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 07:41:35 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:41 UTC

On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 10:31:26 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:

> >> This is the one I use on the Google Groups abuse reports, Pendragon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > You can use it all you want to, but that won't make it apply.
>
> > There is nothing Anti-Semitic or racist in the poem,
> "Hateful or violent content"
> > nor does it promote or prompt physical violence against either of the "Jordys."
> "Hateful or violent content"
>
> Your malicious and libelous personal attacks against Jordy and his family definitely fit the description of "Hateful or violent content", Michael Pendragon.

Again, Google is specifically using "hateful" in the sense of "hate crimes" ("Anti-Semitic, racial"). And there is nothing in the poem threatening either "Jordy with violence.

Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"

<de4b995a62d6203d7be109b8b360cba8@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196358&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#196358

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:41:04 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:41 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 10:31:26 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Michael Pendragon wrote:

>> > You can use it all you want to, but that won't make it apply.
>>
>> > There is nothing Anti-Semitic or racist in the poem,

There is homophobic content and false accusations of pedophilia, which are "hate speech".

>> "Hateful or violent content"
>> > nor does it promote or prompt physical violence against either of the "Jordys."
>> "Hateful or violent content"
>>
>> Your malicious and libelous personal attacks against Jordy and his family definitely fit the description of "Hateful or violent content", Michael Pendragon.

> Again, Google is specifically using "hateful" in the sense of "hate crimes" ("Anti-Semitic, racial").

Homophobia and false accusations of pedophilia fit the category of hate speech.

And there is nothing in the poem threatening either "Jordy with violence.

Your smears and false accusations against Jordy and his family could lead to a "violent act".

Re: Michael- please don't use my nephew's name in your "poem"

<50dd559f-8616-4fd5-85fe-c9aca42f21b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196368&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#196368

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 09:06:07 -0800 (PST)
From: cocodeso...@gmail.com (Coco DeSockmonkey)
 by: Coco DeSockmonkey - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:06 UTC

On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 11:45:15 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:

> There is homophobic content and false accusations of pedophilia, which are "hate speech".
> >> "Hateful or violent content"
> >> "Hateful or violent content"
> >>
> >> Your malicious and libelous personal attacks against Jordy and his family definitely fit the description of "Hateful or violent content", Michael Pendragon.
>
> > Again, Google is specifically using "hateful" in the sense of "hate crimes" ("Anti-Semitic, racial").
> Homophobia and false accusations of pedophilia fit the category of hate speech.
> And there is nothing in the poem threatening either "Jordy with violence.
> Your smears and false accusations against Jordy and his family could lead to a "violent act".

Wrong, Donkey.

1) The poem is *not* homophobic. 2) It does not fall under the category of hate speech because it does not condemn Isaac based on his sexual preference.

> And there is nothing in the poem threatening either "Jordy with violence.
> Your smears and false accusations against Jordy and his family could lead to a "violent act".

Perhaps if Mr. Chase were writing from a prison. However, there is no reason to think that a poem jokingly accusing someone of pedophilia would lead to any violence against them.

But the proof is in the pudding. Rather than wasting our time arguing about it, let's wait and see what (if anything) Google does.