Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 19:46:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Beings Of Choice
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Fri, 26 May 2023 02:46 UTC

There are people who think that people are good, and there are people who think that people are bad. There are people who think that men are bad, and there are people who think that women are bad. All are wrong. Anything capable of choice can be good or bad. Most people are both.

At one point there were many people who believed that Jews and gypsies were bad and could only be bad. Now, many people believe that narcissists and sociopaths are bad and can only be bad. Both are completely wrong. Once again, anything capable of choice can be good or bad. That is the case with Jews and gypsies; that is also the case with narcissists and sociopaths.

So we have people attacking other people’s character. Now if something is liable to attack, it has to be a choice. Matters not open to choice are not open to attack. One’s height or the color of one’s skin is not one’s choice and is not open to attack. If something stands to be attacked, it has to be a choice. This is most certainly the case with character. And if character is a choice, then it is up to the person to do with it what he would, including change it.

But according to some people this is impossible. They have decided that they know the real you, and that doing anything else is trying to be something that you are not. Thus I once watched a man aggravating his girlfriend and then saying, “Here is the real Mel coming out.” He decided that he knew her and that she was bad and could only be bad. I did not share that view.

Once again, anything capable of choice can be good or bad. This also includes people who get accused of having a bad character. I’ve done a lot of work on myself, and now most people I know see me as a good guy. I am the living proof that this is possible, and that the people who take the path I’ve spoken about are dead wrong.

People – and that means also both men and women – are neither good nor bad. They are beings of choice. There needs to be an encouragement toward good choices and incentives against bad ones. Not Jews, not gypsies, not men, not women, not sociopaths, not narcissists, are born bad. They can choose to be either good or bad. And all of the above need to be viewed from that premise.