No group of professionals meets except to conspire against the public at large. -- Mark Twain

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / There Is No Poetry Here

SubjectAuthor
* There Is No Poetry HereEdward Rochester Esq.
`- Re: There Is No Poetry HereFamily Guy

1
There Is No Poetry Here

<5178a397-2bf0-41de-aa88-bd8f1482d5e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196888&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#196888

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 06:12:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: There Is No Poetry Here
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 14:12 UTC

There is no inspiration here but to post a weary picture saying poetry lives right here, songs live here, the hello's live right here.

How silly this dump is, being considered a place to enjoy poetry, a place to comment, learn, but instead we learn about sad lives who have nothing else but to say 'I am a poet, a song man, an artist, while huddled around a campfire or busking around the village green hoping for enough nickels and dimes to get by.

Phonies live here, their lives needing some kind of validation -- they write biographies as if to join the ranks of the famous, they sing songs claiming the number 1 spot on a list of three.

This group contains too man fractured souls huddle under the guise of greatness.

A man from the North drifts in, the Saviour of fools, able to command respect when his respect was lost from years of dullness.

Home boys are here, homeless, stupidity lives here, the South lives here,
showing no sign of rising again when balanced against those whose manners are taking shits in the woods.

There are those that have given rather than take but are discredited, challenged daily by those in dirty pants.

This joint leaves little room for poetry. I send no one here to join or read.

The tide here is fouled with ignorance.

Re: There Is No Poetry Here

<e2c7c6b8-591e-42a3-8275-1cf93a06ab5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=196953&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#196953

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 14:38:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: There Is No Poetry Here
From: madeforz...@yahoo.com (Family Guy)
 by: Family Guy - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 22:38 UTC

On Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 9:12:50 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> There is no inspiration here but to post a weary picture saying poetry lives right here, songs live here, the hello's live right here.
>
> How silly this dump is, being considered a place to enjoy poetry, a place to comment, learn, but instead we learn about sad lives who have nothing else but to say 'I am a poet, a song man, an artist, while huddled around a campfire or busking around the village green hoping for enough nickels and dimes to get by.
>
> Phonies live here, their lives needing some kind of validation -- they write biographies as if to join the ranks of the famous, they sing songs claiming the number 1 spot on a list of three.
>
> This group contains too man fractured souls huddle under the guise of greatness.
>
> A man from the North drifts in, the Saviour of fools, able to command respect when his respect was lost from years of dullness.
>
> Home boys are here, homeless, stupidity lives here, the South lives here,
> showing no sign of rising again when balanced against those whose manners are taking shits in the woods.
>
> There are those that have given rather than take but are discredited, challenged daily by those in dirty pants.
>
> This joint leaves little room for poetry. I send no one here to join or read.
>
> The tide here is fouled with ignorance.

Marking Google Groups posting as 'spam' helps, but the Donkey and his hyperactive squirrel friend still continue to feed this newsgroup with rotten fruit and vegetables.