Kill Ugly Processor Architectures -- Karl Lehenbauer

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollarchromebook test
`- Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollarchromebook test

1
Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

<afc68364-6cab-4508-9cdf-ceb46efc3147n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198102&group=rec.arts.tv#198102

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 13:55:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 20:55 UTC

On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 8:24:17 PM UTC-4, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
>

> ◙ Background:
>
> The basic framework was strikingly simple. The U.S. would buy oil from Saudi Arabia and provide the kingdom military aid and equipment. In return, the Saudis would plow billions of their petrodollar revenue back into Treasuries and finance America’s spending.
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret
>

> ◙ 2017:
>
> Saudi Arabia wants to kill the petrodollar
> https://www.rt.com/business/410056-saudi-arabia-petrodollar-economist/
>

> ◙ 2018:
>
> Saudi report threatens Trump over #JamalKhashoggi
>
> 1. Install a Russian base
> 2. Take oil to $200
> 3. Kill the petro dollar
> 4. Stop buying US weapons
>
> US will "stab its own economy to death"
>
> https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1051583051321536513
> https://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2018/10/14/OPINION-US-sanctions-on-Riyadh-means-Washington-is-stabbing-itself.html

In exchange for U.S. concessions to Saudi Arabia, the Biden administration is seeking assurances from Saudi Arabia that it will distance itself—economically and militarily—from China, say U.S. officials.
The officials said the U.S. could seek assurances from Saudi Arabia that it won’t allow China to build military bases in the kingdom—an issue that has become a sore point between the Biden administration and United Arab Emirates. Negotiators could also seek limitations on Saudi Arabia using technology developed by China’s Huawei and assurances that Riyadh will use U.S. dollars, not Chinese currency, to price oil sales, they said.

https://archive.is/8XEyE

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-saudi-arabia-agree-to-broad-terms-for-israel-normalization-ac6d549c

Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

<c9b0358b-0211-4854-bd67-9412627673d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199487&group=rec.arts.tv#199487

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:35:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 19:35 UTC

On Friday, August 11, 2023 at 4:55:13 PM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 8:24:17 PM UTC-4, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
> >

> > ◙ Background:
> >
> > The basic framework was strikingly simple. The U.S. would buy oil from Saudi Arabia and provide the kingdom military aid and equipment. In return, the Saudis would plow billions of their petrodollar revenue back into Treasuries and finance America’s spending.
> >
> > https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret
> >

> > ◙ 2017:
> >
> > Saudi Arabia wants to kill the petrodollar
> > https://www.rt.com/business/410056-saudi-arabia-petrodollar-economist/
> >

> > ◙ 2018:
> >
> > Saudi report threatens Trump over #JamalKhashoggi
> >
> > 1. Install a Russian base
> > 2. Take oil to $200
> > 3. Kill the petro dollar
> > 4. Stop buying US weapons
> >
> > US will "stab its own economy to death"
> >
> > https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1051583051321536513
> > https://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2018/10/14/OPINION-US-sanctions-on-Riyadh-means-Washington-is-stabbing-itself.html

> In exchange for U.S. concessions to Saudi Arabia, the Biden administration is seeking assurances from Saudi Arabia that it will distance itself—economically and militarily—from China, say U.S. officials.
> The officials said the U.S. could seek assurances from Saudi Arabia that it won’t allow China to build military bases in the kingdom—an issue that has become a sore point between the Biden administration and United Arab Emirates.

> Negotiators could also seek limitations on Saudi Arabia using technology developed by China’s Huawei and assurances that Riyadh will use U.S.. dollars, not Chinese currency, to price oil sales, they said.

The growth of BRICS is easily one of the most important international stories. They have prioritized de-dollarization and are exploiting the US fixation on Ukraine to further fortify multi-polarity.
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1694372654227018076

There are very few US journalists covering its summit there.
Michael Tracey

Good day, I’m in Johannesburg, South Africa for the BRICS Summit. I apologize in advance for speaking to people who are not affiliated with any US think tanks or State Department front groups
11:34 AM · Aug 23, 2023

> https://archive.is/8XEyE
>

> https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-saudi-arabia-agree-to-broad-terms-for-israel-normalization-ac6d549c

#gawdbleshuhmerka !