Don't stop to stomp ants when the elephants are stampeding.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film

SubjectAuthor
* Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style filmanim8rfsk
+* Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style filmshawn
|`- Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style filmanim8rfsk
`* Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style filmIan J. Ball
 +* Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style filmAdam H. Kerman
 |`- Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style filmanim8rfsk
 `- Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style filmanim8rfsk

1
Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film

<417124037.713529659.429353.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198158&group=rec.arts.tv#198158

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 03:50:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 10:50 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd have denied any knowledge of having made such a trifle. Take the
> money and run, you stupid woke woman.
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/jodie-sweetin-disappointed-film-sold-great-american-family-1235460724/

So she made a movie without any gay content and then was upset when it was
sold to a channel that shows movies without any gay content.

Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film

<17sedipkfn043njshu8j72rpuf9oib1ver@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198163&group=rec.arts.tv#198163

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 07:47:56 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 11:47 UTC

On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 03:50:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd have denied any knowledge of having made such a trifle. Take the
>> money and run, you stupid woke woman.
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/jodie-sweetin-disappointed-film-sold-great-american-family-1235460724/
>>

>So she made a movie without any gay content and then was upset when it was
>sold to a channel that shows movies without any gay content.

What's funny is reading through the comments it seems clear the
channel doesn't have issues with gays, in general, as many of the
people involved in the production of their content are gay. It's just
that they've chosen to focus their content on traditional family
values. So she's upset that they won't show the type of movies that
she wants them to show but then turns around and doesn't make that
same type of movie. I'm sensing a bit of hypocrisy here.

Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film

<ub87bl$1c193$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198166&group=rec.arts.tv#198166

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 08:09:41 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 15:09 UTC

On 8/12/23 3:50 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd have denied any knowledge of having made such a trifle. Take the
>> money and run, you stupid woke woman.
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/jodie-sweetin-disappointed-film-sold-great-american-family-1235460724/
>
> So she made a movie without any gay content and then was upset when it was
> sold to a channel that shows movies without any gay content.

FTR, I have never liked Jodie Sweetin.

Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film

<ub8asq$1dsog$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198173&group=rec.arts.tv#198173

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 16:10:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 16:10 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 8/12/23 3:50 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I'd have denied any knowledge of having made such a trifle. Take the
>>>money and run, you stupid woke woman.

>>>https://deadline.com/2023/08/jodie-sweetin-disappointed-film-sold-great-american-family-1235460724/

>>So she made a movie without any gay content and then was upset when it was
>>sold to a channel that shows movies without any gay content.

>FTR, I have never liked Jodie Sweetin.

I never watched Full House, so I never formed an opinion of her.

And every time I see her name I think of the Sweeten siblings (Madylin,
Sawyer, and Sullivan) on Everybody Loves Raymond, who are no relation.

fwiw, I once heard Ray Romano comment on the structure of the show, that
the kids were never to be the focus of episodes, that they were just to
act like kids and be in short scenes so they didn't have to write "kid
dialogue" for them and make them sound completely phoney... like on Full
House.

Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film

<1826867470.713556255.088705.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198189&group=rec.arts.tv#198189

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 11:23:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 18:23 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 8/12/23 3:50 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'd have denied any knowledge of having made such a trifle. Take the
>>> money and run, you stupid woke woman.
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/jodie-sweetin-disappointed-film-sold-great-american-family-1235460724/
>>
>> So she made a movie without any gay content and then was upset when it was
>> sold to a channel that shows movies without any gay content.
>
> FTR, I have never liked Jodie Sweetin.

#MeToo, but I’ve never seen her outside of full/fuller/fullest house

Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film

<1587867131.713556327.770887.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198190&group=rec.arts.tv#198190

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 11:23:16 -0700

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> So she made a movie without any gay content and then was upset when it was
>>> sold to a channel that shows movies without any gay content.
>
>> FTR, I have never liked Jodie Sweetin.
>
> I never watched Full House, so I never formed an opinion of her.
>
> And every time I see her name I think of the Sweeten siblings (Madylin,
> Sawyer, and Sullivan) on Everybody Loves Raymond, who are no relation.
>
> fwiw, I once heard Ray Romano comment on the structure of the show, that
> the kids were never to be the focus of episodes, that they were just to
> act like kids and be in short scenes so they didn't have to write "kid
> dialogue" for them and make them sound completely phoney... like on Full
> House.

The only reason I ever watched F house was for Lori, Loughlin, and at that
I don’t think I’ve watched more than a dozen episodes, and that only in
partial and in passing.

Re: WOKE producer worries about who got dog-s--- Hallmark-style film

<503589448.713556389.669408.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198191&group=rec.arts.tv#198191

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 11:23:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 18:23 UTC

> On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 03:50:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'd have denied any knowledge of having made such a trifle. Take the
>>> money and run, you stupid woke woman.
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/jodie-sweetin-disappointed-film-sold-great-american-family-1235460724/
>>>

>> So she made a movie without any gay content and then was upset when it was
>> sold to a channel that shows movies without any gay content.
>
> What's funny is reading through the comments it seems clear the
> channel doesn't have issues with gays, in general, as many of the
> people involved in the production of their content are gay. It's just
> that they've chosen to focus their content on traditional family
> values. So she's upset that they won't show the type of movies that
> she wants them to show but then turns around and doesn't make that
> same type of movie. I'm sensing a bit of hypocrisy here.

Just a smidge