It's a poor workman who blames his tools.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The online begging has been comercialized

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The online begging has been comercializedanim8rfsk
`- Re: The online begging has been comercializedanim8rfsk

1
Re: The online begging has been comercialized

<2076934075.713607546.468800.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198272&group=rec.arts.tv#198272

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The online begging has been comercialized
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 01:21:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:21 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, saw an ad for a hospital raising money. They said some things about
> a t-shirt they'll send for your donation. I switched the ad to another
> station. They were begging for funds to save animals. But guess what?
> They're offering a t-shirt for donations and the wording was IDENTICAL
> that they used to flog it! Obviously the same outfit who did one, did
> the other. The commercialization of BEGGING. Just like infomercials.

I noticed that. The hospital has been doing it a lot longer.

There are a lot of ads that appear on games on the iPhone that are
obviously done by the same company, using the same words and same often
incorrect phrasing and same fonts.

Re: The online begging has been comercialized

<1971858795.713641543.017043.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198311&group=rec.arts.tv#198311

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:51:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 17:51 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 August 2023 at 04:21:43 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So, saw an ad for a hospital raising money. They said some things about
>>> a t-shirt they'll send for your donation. I switched the ad to another
>>> station. They were begging for funds to save animals. But guess what?
>>> They're offering a t-shirt for donations and the wording was IDENTICAL
>>> that they used to flog it! Obviously the same outfit who did one, did
>>> the other. The commercialization of BEGGING. Just like infomercials.
>>>
>> I noticed that. The hospital has been doing it a lot longer.
>>
>> There are a lot of ads that appear on games on the iPhone that are
>> obviously done by the same company, using the same words and same often
>> incorrect phrasing and same fonts.
>>
>> --
>> The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
>
> Not the same wording in this case, but the Wounded Warrior Project has
> adopted the "free blanket"
> giveaway first by the Shriners.

That sounds about right. Do they actually say the blanket is adorable?
Wounded warrior is one of the charities I donate to routinely. But I didn’t
sign up for the blanket.