From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dissauding tourists from staying or going to Hawaii is what Hawaii does NOT need
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 01:31:34 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 01:31 UTC

On Aug 13, 2023 at 10:58:37 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> So what the F--- should tourists do, lead a procession? Maybe take one day
> out of their holiday to help out would be a good idea.
> So of course a Hollywoodite has to pipe-up. Hawaii needs all the money it
> can get, though re-building is a foregone conclusion. Hawaiian real-estate
> is hyper valuable, unlike say Detroit after the 1970 riots.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66492628

Yeah, I don't know that I'd cancel my vacation just because of the fires. If
the resort I was staying at still had power, water, open restaurants, etc., I
don't see any reason to just pack up and leave, especially considering things
like non-refundable deposits, charges for changing plane tickets, etc.

They're saying it's disrespectful for people to be swimming in the ocean and
recreating after this tragedy occurred, but that's what happens everywhere
else. We have wildfires all the time in L.A., some of which are deadly and
burn down hundreds of homes but no one suggests it's disrespectful for the
tourists to be using our beaches or that they should pack up and go home early
because of it.

Re: Dissauding tourists from staying or going to Hawaii is what Hawaii does NOT need

<2l1jdihvusgfvlcpk2frneb9nvdh4dl9dh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198367&group=rec.arts.tv#198367

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 21:45:14 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 01:45 UTC

On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 01:31:34 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Aug 13, 2023 at 10:58:37 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So what the F--- should tourists do, lead a procession? Maybe take one day
>> out of their holiday to help out would be a good idea.
>> So of course a Hollywoodite has to pipe-up. Hawaii needs all the money it
>> can get, though re-building is a foregone conclusion. Hawaiian real-estate
>> is hyper valuable, unlike say Detroit after the 1970 riots.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66492628
>
>Yeah, I don't know that I'd cancel my vacation just because of the fires. If
>the resort I was staying at still had power, water, open restaurants, etc., I
>don't see any reason to just pack up and leave, especially considering things
>like non-refundable deposits, charges for changing plane tickets, etc.
>
>They're saying it's disrespectful for people to be swimming in the ocean and
>recreating after this tragedy occurred, but that's what happens everywhere
>else. We have wildfires all the time in L.A., some of which are deadly and
>burn down hundreds of homes but no one suggests it's disrespectful for the
>tourists to be using our beaches or that they should pack up and go home early
>because of it.

It depends on what the situation actually is. If they are truly
running low on various resources and the tourists are using up those
valuable resources then I would agree that they should leave or cancel
their plans. If on the other hand the tourists aren't impacting the
resources needed to take care of the locals or to help recover from
the damage done by the fires than I'm not sure what the tourists
leaving is going to accomplish.

Re: Dissauding tourists from staying or going to Hawaii is what Hawaii does NOT need

<eAlCM.135157$ftCb.111926@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198403&group=rec.arts.tv#198403

Subject: Re: Dissauding tourists from staying or going to Hawaii is what
Hawaii does NOT need
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 03:27:54 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 08:27 UTC

On 8/13/23 8:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 13, 2023 at 10:58:37 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So what the F--- should tourists do, lead a procession? Maybe take one day
>> out of their holiday to help out would be a good idea.
>> So of course a Hollywoodite has to pipe-up. Hawaii needs all the money it
>> can get, though re-building is a foregone conclusion. Hawaiian real-estate
>> is hyper valuable, unlike say Detroit after the 1970 riots.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66492628
>
> Yeah, I don't know that I'd cancel my vacation just because of the fires. If
> the resort I was staying at still had power, water, open restaurants, etc., I
> don't see any reason to just pack up and leave, especially considering things
> like non-refundable deposits, charges for changing plane tickets, etc.
>
> They're saying it's disrespectful for people to be swimming in the ocean and
> recreating after this tragedy occurred, but that's what happens everywhere
> else. We have wildfires all the time in L.A., some of which are deadly and
> burn down hundreds of homes but no one suggests it's disrespectful for the
> tourists to be using our beaches or that they should pack up and go home early
> because of it.

So you're too stupid not to conflate "Hawaii" and "Maui" too? Yeah,
that tracks.

Re: Dissauding tourists from staying or going to Hawaii is what Hawaii does NOT need

<Ubdi86$2cnch$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198587&group=rec.arts.tv#198587

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:48:24 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 23:48 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> On Aug 13, 2023 at 10:58:37 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>> So what the F--- should tourists do, lead a procession? Maybe take one
>> day out of their holiday to help out would be a good idea.
>> So of course a Hollywoodite has to pipe-up. Hawaii needs all the money
>> it can get, though re-building is a foregone conclusion. Hawaiian real-
>> estate is hyper valuable, unlike say Detroit after the 1970 riots.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66492628

Did I hear that the state wants to buy all the land?

>Yeah, I don't know that I'd cancel my vacation just because of the fires. If
>the resort I was staying at still had power, water, open restaurants, etc.,
>I don't see any reason to just pack up and leave, especially considering
>things like non-refundable deposits, charges for changing plane tickets,
>etc.
>
>They're saying it's disrespectful for people to be swimming in the ocean and
>recreating after this tragedy occurred, but that's what happens everywhere
>else. We have wildfires all the time in L.A., some of which are deadly and
>burn down hundreds of homes but no one suggests it's disrespectful for the
>tourists to be using our beaches or that they should pack up and go home
>early because of it.

I noticed the usual suspects are outraged about Paris Hilton remaining on the
island after her vacation was interupted to help hand out bottled water.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Dissauding tourists from staying or going to Hawaii is what Hawaii does NOT need

<56414531.713841243.072365.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198606&group=rec.arts.tv#198606

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dissauding tourists from staying or going to Hawaii is
what Hawaii does NOT need
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:41:09 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 01:41 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> atropos@mac.com wrote:
>> On Aug 13, 2023 at 10:58:37 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> So what the F--- should tourists do, lead a procession? Maybe take one
>>> day out of their holiday to help out would be a good idea.
>>> So of course a Hollywoodite has to pipe-up. Hawaii needs all the money
>>> it can get, though re-building is a foregone conclusion. Hawaiian real-
>>> estate is hyper valuable, unlike say Detroit after the 1970 riots.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66492628
>
> Did I hear that the state wants to buy all the land?
>
>> Yeah, I don't know that I'd cancel my vacation just because of the fires. If
>> the resort I was staying at still had power, water, open restaurants, etc.,
>> I don't see any reason to just pack up and leave, especially considering
>> things like non-refundable deposits, charges for changing plane tickets,
>> etc.
>>
>> They're saying it's disrespectful for people to be swimming in the ocean and
>> recreating after this tragedy occurred, but that's what happens everywhere
>> else. We have wildfires all the time in L.A., some of which are deadly and
>> burn down hundreds of homes but no one suggests it's disrespectful for the
>> tourists to be using our beaches or that they should pack up and go home
>> early because of it.
>
> I noticed the usual suspects are outraged about Paris Hilton remaining on the
> island after her vacation was interupted to help hand out bottled water.

I am outraged that Hilton Hotels are using that worthless slag in their
advertising.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Dissauding tourists from staying or going to Hawaii is what Hawaii does NOT need

<ubibru$399v3$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198642&group=rec.arts.tv#198642

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
what Hawaii does NOT need
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 04:30:44 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:

>> Did I hear that the state wants to buy all the land?
>>
>>> Yeah, I don't know that I'd cancel my vacation just because of the fires.
>>> If the resort I was staying at still had power, water, open restaurants,
>>> etc., I don't see any reason to just pack up and leave, especially
>>> considering things like non-refundable deposits, charges for changing
>>> plane tickets, etc.
>>>
>>> They're saying it's disrespectful for people to be swimming in the ocean
>>> and recreating after this tragedy occurred, but that's what happens
>>> everywhere else. We have wildfires all the time in L.A., some of which are
>>> deadly and burn down hundreds of homes but no one suggests it's
>>> disrespectful for the tourists to be using our beaches or that they should
>>> pack up and go home early because of it.
>>
>> I noticed the usual suspects are outraged about Paris Hilton remaining on
>> the island after her vacation was interupted to help hand out bottled
>> water.
>
>I am outraged that Hilton Hotels are using that worthless slag in their
>advertising.

Oh, I hate that commercial!

--
Let's go Brandon!