Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 07:00:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: We Need More Nazis - "GOLDA"
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:00 UTC

Golda, a new film by Israeli director Guy Nattiv, impressively reopens the nagging issue. With a deeply engaging dramatization starring Oscar-winner Helen Mirren, the film hews closely to the facts as we now know them—and even breaks new journalistic ground.

This is a relatively new trend in Israeli cinema. With acclaimed, highly nuanced counterterrorism TV series like Fauda, Israeli filmmakers have begun showing some dark sides of the country’s military leadership and its treatment of the Palestinians and Arabs in general.

Such works stand in sharp contrast to the best-known English-language films about Israel and Israeli operations, which, with few exceptions, have avoided any controversy. With the Israelis invariably portrayed as heroes and the Arabs as murderous villains, films such as Exodus and Cast a Giant Shadow, both of which dealt with Israel’s birth as a nation, ultimately served as propaganda for the Jewish state.

“Golda” Illuminates Israeli Intelligence Failures in 1973 War
Riveting new film dramatizes Yom Kippur lapses, near defeat under legendary PM
JONATHAN BRODER JUL 22, 2023
https://www.spytalk.co/p/golda-illuminates-israeli-intelligence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayWtlmkoJaM