Never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel.

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social mediaRhino
+* Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must takeanim8rfsk
|`* Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must takeUbiquitous
| `- Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media traininNoBody
`* Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media traininBTR1701
 +- Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "socialRhino
 `- Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "socialtrotsky

1
[OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"

<uc5d3g$30hsm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199478&group=rec.arts.tv#199478

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media
training"
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:45:33 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 16:45 UTC

The College of Psychologists, the professional association which
controls accreditation for psychologists in Ontario have been demanding
that Peterson take "social media training" so he took them to court -
and lost. The court essentially dismissed Peterson's objections and
insisted that he take this "training" and do so at his own expense.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jordan-peterson-court-case-decision-1.6943845

It's not remotely clear what this "training" involves but it's hard not
to imagine at least DEI-style browbeating but, given Peterson's
fame/notoriety, we may well see something considerably more severe.

Peterson has not yet made a statement on the court ruling. The article
says some groups have urged him to appeal so I suppose that is possible
although I imagine it will grow quite expensive. The alternative is that
he will simply give up his accreditation to practice in Ontario,
although that seems unlikely since he has been quite vehement in
insisting that he earned that accreditation by dint of long, hard work
and is loathe to give it up, even if he no longer practices his
profession in the form of treating individual patients.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"

<26402279.714509584.481982.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199485&group=rec.arts.tv#199485

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take
"social media training"
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 11:53:45 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 18:53 UTC

> The College of Psychologists, the professional association which
> controls accreditation for psychologists in Ontario have been demanding
> that Peterson take "social media training" so he took them to court -
> and lost. The court essentially dismissed Peterson's objections and
> insisted that he take this "training" and do so at his own expense.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jordan-peterson-court-case-decision-1.6943845
>
> It's not remotely clear what this "training" involves but it's hard not
> to imagine at least DEI-style browbeating but, given Peterson's
> fame/notoriety, we may well see something considerably more severe.
>
> Peterson has not yet made a statement on the court ruling. The article
> says some groups have urged him to appeal so I suppose that is possible
> although I imagine it will grow quite expensive. The alternative is that
> he will simply give up his accreditation to practice in Ontario,
> although that seems unlikely since he has been quite vehement in
> insisting that he earned that accreditation by dint of long, hard work
> and is loathe to give it up, even if he no longer practices his
> profession in the form of treating individual patients.

These must be the stupid classes that they show in the progressive
insurance commercials.

Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"

<atropos-A00EF8.13243123082023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199492&group=rec.arts.tv#199492

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 13:24:31 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 20:24 UTC

In article <uc5d3g$30hsm$1@dont-email.me>,

> The College of Psychologists, the professional association which
> controls accreditation for psychologists in Ontario have been demanding
> that Peterson take "social media training" so he took them to court -
> and lost. The court essentially dismissed Peterson's objections and
> insisted that he take this "training" and do so at his own expense.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jordan-peterson-court-case-decision-1.6
> 943845
>
> It's not remotely clear what this "training" involves but it's hard not
> to imagine at least DEI-style browbeating but, given Peterson's
> fame/notoriety, we may well see something considerably more severe.

He should take it and do what I did: challenge the validity of all the
crap they're teaching. Keep raising his hand and saying, "I don't
understand how that can be true because..."

If he can find a way to film him pwning the DIE drone for his YouTube
channel, all the better.

Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"

<uc640r$34p7v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199511&group=rec.arts.tv#199511

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social
media training"
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 19:16:43 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 23:16 UTC

On 2023-08-23 4:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uc5d3g$30hsm$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> The College of Psychologists, the professional association which
>> controls accreditation for psychologists in Ontario have been demanding
>> that Peterson take "social media training" so he took them to court -
>> and lost. The court essentially dismissed Peterson's objections and
>> insisted that he take this "training" and do so at his own expense.
>>
>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jordan-peterson-court-case-decision-1.6
>> 943845
>>
>> It's not remotely clear what this "training" involves but it's hard not
>> to imagine at least DEI-style browbeating but, given Peterson's
>> fame/notoriety, we may well see something considerably more severe.
>
> He should take it and do what I did: challenge the validity of all the
> crap they're teaching. Keep raising his hand and saying, "I don't
> understand how that can be true because..."

I think that would be true to character for him, assuming he even yields
sufficiently to participate in it. Maybe he can drive the "instructor"
(re-programmer) to the point where he can't take it any more because he
sees the illogic of his own position.

> If he can find a way to film him pwning the DIE drone for his YouTube
> channel, all the better.

Since Peterson is apparently being forced to pay for his own
re-education, it seems reasonable that he could insist on recording it.
He can explain that it is for the protection of the re-programmer so
that no false accusations go against him and for his own protection so
that no one can claim he said things that he didn't say, similar to the
reasoning used in police interviews.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"

<AJFFM.735415$AsA.222265@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199535&group=rec.arts.tv#199535

media training"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 04:50:24 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 09:50 UTC

On 8/23/23 3:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uc5d3g$30hsm$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> The College of Psychologists, the professional association which
>> controls accreditation for psychologists in Ontario have been demanding
>> that Peterson take "social media training" so he took them to court -
>> and lost. The court essentially dismissed Peterson's objections and
>> insisted that he take this "training" and do so at his own expense.
>>
>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jordan-peterson-court-case-decision-1.6
>> 943845
>>
>> It's not remotely clear what this "training" involves but it's hard not
>> to imagine at least DEI-style browbeating but, given Peterson's
>> fame/notoriety, we may well see something considerably more severe.
>
> He should take it and do what I did: challenge the validity of all the
> crap they're teaching.

Damn, you've hit the home run of vagaries with that one!

Keep raising his hand and saying, "I don't
> understand how that can be true because..."
>
> If he can find a way to film him pwning the DIE drone for his YouTube
> channel, all the better.

Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"

<uc7dh6$3ec6j$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199542&group=rec.arts.tv#199542

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
"social media training"
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>> The College of Psychologists, the professional association which
>> controls accreditation for psychologists in Ontario have been demanding
>> that Peterson take "social media training" so he took them to court -
>> and lost. The court essentially dismissed Peterson's objections and
>> insisted that he take this "training" and do so at his own expense.
>>
>> It's not remotely clear what this "training" involves but it's hard not
>> to imagine at least DEI-style browbeating but, given Peterson's
>> fame/notoriety, we may well see something considerably more severe.
>
>These must be the stupid classes that they show in the progressive
>insurance commercials.

Hopefully he already knows the difference between a status bar and a menu
bar.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] Court rules against Jordan Peterson: he must take "social media training"

<ee4heidp98qih3thqonr8l8anmlq6gcunu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199622&group=rec.arts.tv#199622

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 07:35:00 -0400
 by: NoBody - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 11:35 UTC

On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 04:30:42 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>>> The College of Psychologists, the professional association which
>>> controls accreditation for psychologists in Ontario have been demanding
>>> that Peterson take "social media training" so he took them to court -
>>> and lost. The court essentially dismissed Peterson's objections and
>>> insisted that he take this "training" and do so at his own expense.
>>>
>>> It's not remotely clear what this "training" involves but it's hard not
>>> to imagine at least DEI-style browbeating but, given Peterson's
>>> fame/notoriety, we may well see something considerably more severe.
>>
>>These must be the stupid classes that they show in the progressive
>>insurance commercials.
>
>Hopefully he already knows the difference between a status bar and a menu
>bar.

Canadian courts are a joke.