I am a deeply superficial person. -- Andy Warhol

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars seriesBTR1701
+* Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars seriesIan J. Ball
|`* Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars seriesshawn
| `* Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars seriesEGK
|  `- Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars seriesIan J. Ball
`- Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars seriesBTR1701

1
Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series

<atropos-FCDDA7.19562424082023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199589&group=rec.arts.tv#199589

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 19:56:24 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 02:56 UTC

In article <0c717ad5-971a-44ab-a0e0-813d404722e1n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series

Nope, don't agree. MANDALORIAN is good stuff and OBI-WAN redeemed itself
with a fantastic finale after getting off to a rough start.

Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series

<uc96iu$3rqoa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199591&group=rec.arts.tv#199591

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 20:18:54 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 03:18 UTC

On 8/24/23 7:56 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> In article <0c717ad5-971a-44ab-a0e0-813d404722e1n@googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series
>
> Nope, don't agree. MANDALORIAN is good stuff and OBI-WAN redeemed itself
> with a fantastic finale after getting off to a rough start.

I'm in the middle on this.

"Andor" was good, but maybe not as good as some seem to think.

I enjoy "The Mandalorian", but you can easily argue that every
succeeding season is weaker than the one before it. (That said, I did
like the Mandalore storyarc of season #3...)

"Obi-Wan" was mostly junk. Yeah, it had a few good fight scenes (well
choreographed, and shot/lit!!), and one really good battle with Darth.
But, overall, it was junk, with a lot of crummy characters, and much of
it was "filler".

However, this all still puts the SW TV series ahead of the MCU TV
series, which have pretty much all be disappointing to various degrees...

Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series

<subgei1suvcrabt9h0c8fclqbuh1rc0lrk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199600&group=rec.arts.tv#199600

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 00:43:03 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 04:43 UTC

On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 20:18:54 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 8/24/23 7:56 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>> In article <0c717ad5-971a-44ab-a0e0-813d404722e1n@googlegroups.com>,
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series
>>
>> Nope, don't agree. MANDALORIAN is good stuff and OBI-WAN redeemed itself
>> with a fantastic finale after getting off to a rough start.
>
>I'm in the middle on this.
>
>"Andor" was good, but maybe not as good as some seem to think.

I thought ANDOR was quite good. I can't compare it to the others as I
never even sampled them.

>I enjoy "The Mandalorian", but you can easily argue that every
>succeeding season is weaker than the one before it. (That said, I did
>like the Mandalore storyarc of season #3...)
>
>"Obi-Wan" was mostly junk. Yeah, it had a few good fight scenes (well
>choreographed, and shot/lit!!), and one really good battle with Darth.
>But, overall, it was junk, with a lot of crummy characters, and much of
>it was "filler".
>
>However, this all still puts the SW TV series ahead of the MCU TV
>series, which have pretty much all be disappointing to various degrees...

Ah, but did you see the WEREWOLF BY NIGHT one shot? That was great. I
also greatly enjoyed LOKI season 1. HAWKEYE was watchable, but not
Must See TV. MS MARVEL had a good start with the first few episodes
but then they changed things up so they could tell their
Pakistan/India story and rushed everything. They should have kept it
as a story of young woman struggling to live an ordinary life as she
learns to deal with her super powers.

Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series

<4hjheih9on2i6pht948al78ihuokvfq569@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199637&group=rec.arts.tv#199637

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 11:52:54 -0400
 by: EGK - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 15:52 UTC

On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 00:43:03 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 20:18:54 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On 8/24/23 7:56 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Nope, don't agree. MANDALORIAN is good stuff and OBI-WAN redeemed itself
>>> with a fantastic finale after getting off to a rough start.
>>
>>I'm in the middle on this.
>>
>>"Andor" was good, but maybe not as good as some seem to think.
>
>I thought ANDOR was quite good. I can't compare it to the others as I
>never even sampled them.
>
>>I enjoy "The Mandalorian", but you can easily argue that every
>>succeeding season is weaker than the one before it. (That said, I did
>>like the Mandalore storyarc of season #3...)
>>
>>"Obi-Wan" was mostly junk. Yeah, it had a few good fight scenes (well
>>choreographed, and shot/lit!!), and one really good battle with Darth.
>>But, overall, it was junk, with a lot of crummy characters, and much of
>>it was "filler".
>>
>>However, this all still puts the SW TV series ahead of the MCU TV
>>series, which have pretty much all be disappointing to various degrees...
>>

>Ah, but did you see the WEREWOLF BY NIGHT one shot? That was great. I
>also greatly enjoyed LOKI season 1. HAWKEYE was watchable, but not
>Must See TV. MS MARVEL had a good start with the first few episodes
>but then they changed things up so they could tell their
>Pakistan/India story and rushed everything. They should have kept it
>as a story of young woman struggling to live an ordinary life as she
>learns to deal with her super powers.

I never cared for the Hawkeye character much in the Marvel movies and wasn't
expecting much from the tv show. I ended up thinking it was the most fun
of any of the Marvel series.

Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series

<ucanet$4bno$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199643&group=rec.arts.tv#199643

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 10:13:01 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 17:13 UTC

On 8/25/23 8:52 AM, EGK wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 00:43:03 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 20:18:54 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> I'm in the middle on this.
>>>
>>> "Andor" was good, but maybe not as good as some seem to think.
>>
>> I thought ANDOR was quite good. I can't compare it to the others as I
>> never even sampled them.
>>
>>> I enjoy "The Mandalorian", but you can easily argue that every
>>> succeeding season is weaker than the one before it. (That said, I did
>>> like the Mandalore storyarc of season #3...)
>>>
>>> "Obi-Wan" was mostly junk. Yeah, it had a few good fight scenes (well
>>> choreographed, and shot/lit!!), and one really good battle with Darth.
>>> But, overall, it was junk, with a lot of crummy characters, and much of
>>> it was "filler".
>>>
>>> However, this all still puts the SW TV series ahead of the MCU TV
>>> series, which have pretty much all be disappointing to various degrees...
>>
>> Ah, but did you see the WEREWOLF BY NIGHT one shot? That was great. I
>> also greatly enjoyed LOKI season 1. HAWKEYE was watchable, but not
>> Must See TV. MS MARVEL had a good start with the first few episodes
>> but then they changed things up so they could tell their
>> Pakistan/India story and rushed everything. They should have kept it
>> as a story of young woman struggling to live an ordinary life as she
>> learns to deal with her super powers.
>
> I never cared for the Hawkeye character much in the Marvel movies and wasn't
> expecting much from the tv show. I ended up thinking it was the most fun
> of any of the Marvel series.

Agreed - "Hawkeye" is probably my favorite of those (though I am biased,
being a Hailee Steinfeld whore!! ;p ).

Re: Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series

<atropos-ABE0E1.11504025082023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199660&group=rec.arts.tv#199660

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 11:50:40 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 18:50 UTC

In article <16d5dbfa-1fff-460a-b4f0-fe5cdc05e7e2n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 24 August 2023 at 22:56:09 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <0c717ad5-971a-44ab...@googlegroups.com>,
> > RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Lets agree "Andor" is the ONLY decent Star Wars series
> >
> > Nope, don't agree. MANDALORIAN is good stuff and OBI-WAN redeemed itself
> > with a fantastic finale after getting off to a rough start.
>
> I'll leave Mandalorian to the geeks who think that ugly baby whatever it is
> is cute.

That's not why it's good.

And if you don't like STAR WARS in and of itself, why would you even
bother watching any of these shows or movies?