A man who fishes for marlin in ponds will put his money in Etruscan bonds.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?moviePig
+* Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?FPP
|`- Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?shawn
`- Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?trotsky

1
Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?

<jEQGM.774666$AsA.411286@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199821&group=rec.arts.tv#199821

Subject: Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 19:04:47 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 23:04 UTC

On 8/27/2023 6:38 PM, RichA wrote:
> Golf game I saw today, first prize was $18M. But since 99% of the players were white, I'd have expected the angry Left to scream, but no, just like when some Latino or Black signs a $100M baseball, football or basketball contract. But let a CEO of a huge company make $70M, they scream murder. How DARE that the CEO makes thousands of times what a floor employee does!! It's as if they are worth more...which of course they are.

Unlike CEOs, players don't set their own salaries ...*you* do.

Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?

<ucgvq4$1hbcv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199828&group=rec.arts.tv#199828

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 22:12:19 -0400
 by: FPP - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 02:12 UTC

On 8/27/23 7:04 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/27/2023 6:38 PM, RichA wrote:
>> Golf game I saw today, first prize was $18M.  But since 99% of the
>> players were white, I'd have expected the angry Left to scream, but
>> no, just like when some Latino or Black signs a $100M baseball,
>> football or basketball contract.  But let a CEO of a huge company make
>> $70M, they scream murder.  How DARE that the CEO makes thousands of
>> times what a floor employee does!!  It's as if they are worth
>> more...which of course they are.
>
> Unlike CEOs, players don't set their own salaries ...*you* do.

First, Tiger Woods. Second, whites make up around 75% of the US, while
whites in the PGA make up around 62% of golfers.

What the fuck is Rich bleating on about 99% of the players were white?
Is he color blind?

And as far as CEO's go... try getting one to fix your toilet when it's
clogged. And would you want to have the CEO of your hospital operate on
you?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?

<vu1oei912jtclmf02c7e85jc10k91sdjc0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199829&group=rec.arts.tv#199829

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 22:38:07 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 02:38 UTC

On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 22:12:19 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 8/27/23 7:04 PM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 8/27/2023 6:38 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Golf game I saw today, first prize was $18M.  But since 99% of the
>>> players were white, I'd have expected the angry Left to scream, but
>>> no, just like when some Latino or Black signs a $100M baseball,
>>> football or basketball contract.  But let a CEO of a huge company make
>>> $70M, they scream murder.  How DARE that the CEO makes thousands of
>>> times what a floor employee does!!  It's as if they are worth
>>> more...which of course they are.

Except when they aren't. They get paid the big $$$ because they are
supposed to make the hard decisions that impact the business. However,
it often seems that when they make bad decisions that hurt a business
they still get paid and often get rewarded. Plus in the last few
decades a lot of their additional compensation comes in the form of
stock. So they have an incentive to make sure the company's stock
price goes up, even if they means getting rid of many employees
whether the business is doing well or not. After all if you can lower
the cost of the employees to the business it helps the bottom line of
even successful companies. At least for a time.
>> Unlike CEOs, players don't set their own salaries ...*you* do.
>>

>First, Tiger Woods. Second, whites make up around 75% of the US, while
>whites in the PGA make up around 62% of golfers.
>
>What the fuck is Rich bleating on about 99% of the players were white?
>Is he color blind?
>
>And as far as CEO's go... try getting one to fix your toilet when it's
>clogged. And would you want to have the CEO of your hospital operate on
>you?

Re: Notice how the Left never screeches about sport's salaries?

<Ze_GM.636968$TCKc.38651@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199849&group=rec.arts.tv#199849

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 05:00:25 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 10:00 UTC

On 8/27/23 6:04 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/27/2023 6:38 PM, RichA wrote:
>> Golf game I saw today, first prize was $18M.  But since 99% of the
>> players were white, I'd have expected the angry Left to scream, but
>> no, just like when some Latino or Black signs a $100M baseball,
>> football or basketball contract.  But let a CEO of a huge company make
>> $70M, they scream murder.  How DARE that the CEO makes thousands of
>> times what a floor employee does!!  It's as if they are worth
>> more...which of course they are.
>
> Unlike CEOs, players don't set their own salaries ...*you* do.

Wait, according to the subject line this thread is about a sport getting
it's own salary. Are you telling me this was apostrophe abuse again?
Some people are just really fucking stupid I guess.