From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.canada, can.general, soc.culture.british, humanities.lit.authors.shakespeare, rec.arts.theatre.misc, can.atlantic.general
Subject: Pamela Morgan live stream on YouTube
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 21:16:49 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 23:46 UTC

On Monday, March 27, 2023, for an hour beginning at
8 p.m. NDT (6:30 p.m. EDT, 2230 UTC/GMT),
The Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society will
present a FREE live stream of Pamela Morgan, who is one
of my favourite Newfoundland singers. It can be
accessed at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXJJX5BzJw0 .

The advantage of watching it live is that you can enter
a draw for a door prize, which I think this week is from
the Newfoundland Chocolate Company, plus you can
insert comments (such as where you are watching from)
during the concert. However the recording will be
available for watching at the same link after the show
is over.

Here is Pamela’s bio from that link:

"For 19 years, Pamela Morgan was lead singer, guitarist, and arranger for
Canada’s pioneering “Celtic” band, Newfoundland’s Figgy Duff, who
brought the traditional music of Newfoundland and Labrador to the world
stage. Since then, Pamela has been spearheading her own independent record
label, Amber Music, producing music for NL's finest roots artists, including
four of her own solo CDs, and licensing tracks to various labels worldwide.
As solo artist she has graced stages in England, Canada, the US and Europe,
and overseen productions of two original scores for live theater; her own
folk opera, The Nobleman's Wedding, and Figgy Duff's score for Shakespeare's
The Tempest. In 2007 she received an honorary doctorate from Memorial
University, and in 2008 embarked upon a different journey, studying Graphic
Design at the College of the North Atlantic. This new skill set led to the
release of her handmade book Newfoundland Ballads for Piano and Voice in
2011.

In 2013 Pamela completed recording Figgy Duff's Tempest score, Sounds and
Sweet Airs and released her fourth solo CD, entitled Play On. Further
development work of her original folk opera The Nobleman's Wedding is
ongoing, inspired by a 2014 production of the opera at the Stephenville
Theatre Festival, and work is also ongoing on two new projects; Wetland, and
The White Fleet Suite, She continues to write, arrange, and perform in her
own highly original and hauntingly beautiful style."

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"I will walk in the garden; And feel religion within; I will learn how to

Re: Pamela Morgan live stream on YouTube

<0001HW.29D3B0B2001109AE700009FD938F@88.198.57.247>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rec.arts.theatre.misc#3

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.canada, can.general, soc.culture.british, humanities.lit.authors.shakespeare, rec.arts.theatre.misc, can.atlantic.general
Subject: Re: Pamela Morgan live stream on YouTube
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 21:03:06 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 23:33 UTC

On Mar 25, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.29CFBF6900513552700007D8438F@88.198.57.247>):

> On Monday, March 27, 2023, for an hour beginning at
> 8 p.m. NDT (6:30 p.m. EDT, 2230 UTC/GMT),
> The Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society will
> present a FREE live stream of Pamela Morgan, who is one
> of my favourite Newfoundland singers. It can be
> accessed at
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXJJX5BzJw0 .
>
> The advantage of watching it live is that you can enter
> a draw for a door prize, which I think this week is from
> the Newfoundland Chocolate Company, plus you can
> insert comments (such as where you are watching from)
> during the concert. However the recording will be
> available for watching at the same link after the show
> is over.

And the advantages of watching the recording after the
show is over are that you can watch it whenever you
want and you can skip over the intro and intermission.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"I will walk in the garden; And feel religion within; I will learn how to
run with the big boys; I will learn how to sink and to swim" (S. Sadaqat)

Re: Pamela Morgan live stream on YouTube

<0001HW.29D3F0C6001C3B6870000800B38F@88.198.57.247>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4&group=rec.arts.theatre.misc#4

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.canada, can.general, soc.culture.british, humanities.lit.authors.shakespeare, rec.arts.theatre.misc, can.atlantic.general
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 01:36:30 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 04:06 UTC

When she drinks rye, she thinks she’s the Mor(ri)gan.

And no doubt she gets called Captain Morgan occasionally. :-)

Anyway, her voice is better than ever, and her guitar playing
I think has improved. (And while watching the show recording
tonight I facilitated a soul alignment of her guitar with
Noel Dinn, her partner in Figgy Duff, so I hope she holds
on to that guitar.)

She did two songs about the briar and the rose, which I
relate to due to my blue rose vision near the top of
my thorn hill climb. Also one of them was a Newfoundland
version of Barbry Ellen, in which the guy is Johnny and
not Willie, and I relate to that since my dead parents
were named Ellen (Nell) and John.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And now the angry morning; Gives the early signs of warning; You must