You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. -- Eldridge Cleaver

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

SubjectAuthor
* TV news for August 12-18, 2023anim8rfsk
+* Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023shawn
| `- Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023Adam H. Kerman
`* Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023anim8rfsk
 +- Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023Ian J. Ball
 +* Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023shawn
 |+* Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023Nyssa
 ||`- Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023shawn
 |`- Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023anim8rfsk
 `- Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023BTR1701

1
TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<1174910058.714162314.470368.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199052&group=rec.arts.tv#199052

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for August 12-18, 2023
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 11:30:28 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 18:30 UTC

TV news for August 12-18, 2023

ABC news

'The Rookie: Feds', 'Home Economics' & 'The Good Lawyer' Status Update: How
Strikes Impact Pickup Chances & Cast Options Of ABC Pilot & Series (August
15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-rookie-feds-home-economics-the-good-lawyer-pickup-status-renewed-canceled-wga-sag-aftra-strike-1235520332/

CW news

'Riverdale's Lili Reinhart On Show Ending & The "Absurdity" Of The
Storylines (August 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/riverdale-lili-reinhart-series-finale-1235520706/

Fox news

'Stars On Mars' Just Lost Ariel Winter, Second Celebrity In Row To Quit Fox
Reality Show (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/stars-on-mars-ariel-winter-quit-fox-reality-show-1235519995/

'The Masked Singer' Gets New Premiere Date On Fox (August 14)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-masked-singer-new-premiere-date-fox-1235519401/

Cable channel news

'Chucky' Gets Season 3 Premiere Date At Syfy & USA Network (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/chucky-season-3-premiere-date-syfy-usa-network-1235521577/

'Fellow Travelers': Matt Bomer & Jonathan Bailey Limited Series Gets
Showtime Premiere Date (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/fellow-travelers-premiere-date-showtime-matt-bomer-series-1235521117/

'A Murder At The End Of The World' Sets New Premiere Date At FX (August
17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/a-murder-at-the-end-of-the-world-premiere-date-fx-1235521365/

'Fargo' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date; Plot Details & First Images Unveiled
[FX] (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/fargo-fifth-season-premiere-date-first-images-1235521371/

'Painting With John' To End After Three Seasons On HBO (August 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/painting-with-john-to-end-after-three-seasons-on-hbo-1235520860/

'Shining Vale' Reveals Season 2 Premiere Date & First-Look Photos [Starz]
(August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/shining-vale-season-2-premiere-date-photos-1235519924/

'American Horror Story' Gets Season 12 Premiere Date On FX (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/american-horror-story-season-12-premiere-date-fx-kim-kardashian-1235519743/

'Annika': PBS Masterpiece Drops Trailer For Season 2 (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/annika-season-2-trailer-masterpiece-1235519849/

Streaming service news

'The Flash' Movie Gets Streaming Premiere Date On Max (August 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-flash-streaming-date-max-1235522370/

'The Peripheral' Canceled; Prime Video Not Proceeding With Season 2 Amid
Lengthy Strikes (August 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-peripheral-canceled-unrenewed-season-2-strikes-amazon-1235454772/

'A League Of Their Own' Canceled: Prime Video Not Proceeding With Second &
Final Season Amid Strikes (August 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/a-league-of-their-own-canceled-renewal-reversed-second-final-season-strikes-1235522745/

'Percy Jackson And The Olympians' Gets Disney+ Premiere Date, New Teaser
(August 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/percy-jackson-and-the-olympians-premiere-date-disney-plus-teaser-1235522402/

'Stranger Things' Star David Harbour Teases "Moving" Series Ending &
Ambitious Season 5 Scripts [Netflix] (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/stranger-things-season-5-ending-production-david-harbour-1235521842/

Alien Docuseries 'Encounters' Lands At Netflix (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/alien-docuseries-encounters-netflix-steven-spielbergs-amblin-tv-1235521624/

'Monarch: Legacy Of Monsters': Apple TV+ Series Based On Legendary's
Monsterverse Gets Title, First Photos (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/monarch-legacy-of-monsters-apple-series-legendarys-monsterverse-title-photos-1235520968/

'Dead Hot': Amazon Prime Video Greenlights UK Comedy-Thriller From 'It's A
Sin' EP Nicola Shindler & 'Stay Close' Scribe Charlotte Coben (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/amazon-prime-video-nicola-shindler-dead-hot-charlotte-coben-its-a-sin-1235520536/

'American Horror Stories' Halloween Event Series Gets Premiere Date At FX
[Hulu] (August 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/american-horror-stories-halloween-event-series-premiere-date-fx-1235520872/

'The Other Black Girl' Trailer Teases Corporate Chaos Ahead In Hulu
Original (August 16)

https://deadline.com/video/the-other-black-girl-trailer-hulu/

Netflix Tracks Top Sprinters In New Docuseries As It Sprints Towards Bigger
Sports Slate (August 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/netflix-tracks-top-sprinters-in-new-docuseries-sports-slate-1235459119/

Apple TV+ Reveals 'The Buccaneers' Premiere Date & First-Look Photos
(August 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/apple-tv-the-buccaneers-premiere-date-photos-1235520455/

'Warrior Nun': Canceled Netflix Series To Return As Trilogy Of Feature
Films, EP Says (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/warrior-nun-canceled-netflix-series-return-trilogy-movies-1235520435/

'Neighbours': Trailer Drops Before Iconic Soap Returns To Screens In
September [Amazon Freevee] (August 15)

https://deadline.com/video/neighbours-trailer-launch-date-september-18/

'Totally Killer' First Look: Kiernan Shipka Toplines Time-Traveling
Horror-Comedy From Prime Video, Blumhouse (August 14)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/totally-killer-first-look-kiernan-shipka-prime-video-1235509898/

International series news

BBC Jimmy Savile Drama To Air In The Autumn, Unveils First-Look Image &
More Cast Joining Steve Coogan (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/bbc-jimmy-savile-drama-the-reckoning-steve-coogan-first-look-1235521262/

'Showtrial' Renewed For Season 2 By BBC With Fresh Cast Including Adeel
Akhtar & 'Gallows Pole' Lead Michael Socha (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/showtrial-renewed-season-2-bbc-adeel-akhtar-michael-socha-1235519667/

Series in development

Mark Ruffalo, Lili Reinhart & Cooper Raiff To Star In Raiff's Indie TV
Series 'Hal & Harper'; Two More Cast (August 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/mark-ruffalo-lili-reinhart-cooper-raiff-star-hal-amp-harper-tv-series-1235520866/

Chrisley Family Set To Return To TV With New Reality Series From Scout
Productions After Prison Sentences For Todd & Julie Chrisley (August 14)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/chrisley-family-set-to-return-to-tv-with-new-reality-series-1235460313/

Ratings

'Suits' Reigns Over Nielsen Streaming Charts For Fourth Consecutive Week;
'Sweet Magnolias' Season 3 Boosts Netflix Series To 1B Viewing Minutes
(August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/suits-sweet-magnolias-ratings-nielsen-streaming-netflix-peacock-1235522019/

'Heart Of Stone' Dominates Netflix Top 10 Film List; 'Painkiller' Takes No.
1 Spot Among TV Series (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/heart-of-stone-painkiller-the-mother-netflix-top-10-ratings-1235520028/

'Suits' Ushers In Streaming Boom As Broadcast & Cable Fall To Record Lows
In July, Nielsen Says (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/nielsen-the-gauge-july-2023-suits-streaming-boom-broadcast-cable-record-low-1235519506/

The business of TV

WGA And AMPTP Meet For Third Day In A Row; Studio CEOs Set To Huddle Friday
(August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/writers-strike-update-studio-ceo-meeting-friday-1235522013/

Netflix Subscribers Could Be Sent As Many As 10 Bonus DVDs Before The End
Credits Roll On Disc Business (August 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/netflix-to-ship-10-dvds-to-customers-before-business-shuts-down-1235521799/

Doom & Gloom In Unscripted TV: Producers Battle Challenging Conditions As
Mid-Sized Firms Face Layoffs (August 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/doom-gloom-in-unscripted-tv-producers-battle-challenging-conditions-as-mid-sized-firms-face-layoffs-1235458910/

NBCUniversal And Roku Strengthen FAST Ties, Adding Channels For 'Murder She
Wrote,' 'Little House On The Prairie' And Other Classic And Nostalgia
Titles (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/nbcuniversal-roku-fast-ties-channels-streaming-murder-she-wrote-little-house-on-the-prairie-1235519738/

Restart Of WGA-AMPTP Talks Brings Hope As Window For Meaningful Seasons Of
Scripted Broadcast Series Narrows (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/wga-amptp-talks-restart-scripted-broadcast-window-narrows-1235458817/

Obituaries

Darren Kent Dies: 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Was 36 (August 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/08/darren-kent-dies-game-of-thrones-actor-36-1235519857/

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<ubrc2b$10uja$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199081&group=rec.arts.tv#199081

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:26:34 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 21:26 UTC

On 8/19/23 11:30 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> TV news for August 12-18, 2023
>

> ABC news
>

> 'The Rookie: Feds', 'Home Economics' & 'The Good Lawyer' Status Update: How
> Strikes Impact Pickup Chances & Cast Options Of ABC Pilot & Series (August
> 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-rookie-feds-home-economics-the-good-lawyer-pickup-status-renewed-canceled-wga-sag-aftra-strike-1235520332/

I'll place the bet right now - all three go down, when they strike
stretches in to Fall...

> Fox news
>

> 'Stars On Mars' Just Lost Ariel Winter, Second Celebrity In Row To Quit Fox
> Reality Show (August 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/stars-on-mars-ariel-winter-quit-fox-reality-show-1235519995/

Ha ha ha ha!

> Cable channel news
>

> 'Fellow Travelers': Matt Bomer & Jonathan Bailey Limited Series Gets
> Showtime Premiere Date (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/fellow-travelers-premiere-date-showtime-matt-bomer-series-1235521117/

How much longer is Showtime even going to be around?! [shrug]

> 'A Murder At The End Of The World' Sets New Premiere Date At FX (August
> 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/a-murder-at-the-end-of-the-world-premiere-date-fx-1235521365/

It's Nov. 14, if you are wondering...
(Wow! Joan Chen is still around?!)

> 'Fargo' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date; Plot Details & First Images Unveiled
> [FX] (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/fargo-fifth-season-premiere-date-first-images-1235521371/

It's Nov. 21.

> 'American Horror Story' Gets Season 12 Premiere Date On FX (August 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/american-horror-story-season-12-premiere-date-fx-kim-kardashian-1235519743/

It's Sept. 20.
(And *PASS*!!)

> Streaming service news
>

> 'The Flash' Movie Gets Streaming Premiere Date On Max (August 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-flash-streaming-date-max-1235522370/

It just saw this one - it's next Fri., IIRC. (I'll need to get to it
before Labor Day, as I'm back to working full-time starting around then...)

> 'The Peripheral' Canceled; Prime Video Not Proceeding With Season 2 Amid
> Lengthy Strikes (August 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-peripheral-canceled-unrenewed-season-2-strikes-amazon-1235454772/

A**h***s!!
(Did I beat Robin?!...)

> 'A League Of Their Own' Canceled: Prime Video Not Proceeding With Second &
> Final Season Amid Strikes (August 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/a-league-of-their-own-canceled-renewal-reversed-second-final-season-strikes-1235522745/
>

> 'Stranger Things' Star David Harbour Teases "Moving" Series Ending &
> Ambitious Season 5 Scripts [Netflix] (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/stranger-things-season-5-ending-production-david-harbour-1235521842/

I'm still betting that season #5 never ends up getting produced...

> 'Monarch: Legacy Of Monsters': Apple TV+ Series Based On Legendary's
> Monsterverse Gets Title, First Photos (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/monarch-legacy-of-monsters-apple-series-legendarys-monsterverse-title-photos-1235520968/

I'll probably end up watching this.

> Apple TV+ Reveals 'The Buccaneers' Premiere Date & First-Look Photos
> (August 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/apple-tv-the-buccaneers-premiere-date-photos-1235520455/

Same.

> 'Warrior Nun': Canceled Netflix Series To Return As Trilogy Of Feature
> Films, EP Says (August 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/warrior-nun-canceled-netflix-series-return-trilogy-movies-1235520435/

If the follow-up movie to "Wu Assassins" is any indication, this might
not work out as well as everyone hopes...

> 'Neighbours': Trailer Drops Before Iconic Soap Returns To Screens In
> September [Amazon Freevee] (August 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/video/neighbours-trailer-launch-date-september-18/

Freevee?!

> 'Totally Killer' First Look: Kiernan Shipka Toplines Time-Traveling
> Horror-Comedy From Prime Video, Blumhouse (August 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/totally-killer-first-look-kiernan-shipka-prime-video-1235509898/

Releases Oct. 6 - looking forward to this.

> Series in development
>

> Mark Ruffalo, Lili Reinhart & Cooper Raiff To Star In Raiff's Indie TV
> Series 'Hal & Harper'; Two More Cast (August 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/mark-ruffalo-lili-reinhart-cooper-raiff-star-hal-amp-harper-tv-series-1235520866/

How can they be casting during the strike?!

> Chrisley Family Set To Return To TV With New Reality Series From Scout
> Productions After Prison Sentences For Todd & Julie Chrisley (August 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chrisley-family-set-to-return-to-tv-with-new-reality-series-1235460313/

What f***king outrage!!

> Ratings
>

> 'Suits' Reigns Over Nielsen Streaming Charts For Fourth Consecutive Week;
> 'Sweet Magnolias' Season 3 Boosts Netflix Series To 1B Viewing Minutes
> (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/suits-sweet-magnolias-ratings-nielsen-streaming-netflix-peacock-1235522019/

"You talking to me?!"

> 'Suits' Ushers In Streaming Boom As Broadcast & Cable Fall To Record Lows
> In July, Nielsen Says (August 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/nielsen-the-gauge-july-2023-suits-streaming-boom-broadcast-cable-record-low-1235519506/

They aren't programming anything decent on cable - so, duh!!

> The business of TV
>

> WGA And AMPTP Meet For Third Day In A Row; Studio CEOs Set To Huddle Friday
> (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/writers-strike-update-studio-ceo-meeting-friday-1235522013/

It really feels they are trying to wrap up a deal by Sept. 15...

Now, whether they can actually get a deal done by that is another issue!

> Netflix Subscribers Could Be Sent As Many As 10 Bonus DVDs Before The End
> Credits Roll On Disc Business (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/netflix-to-ship-10-dvds-to-customers-before-business-shuts-down-1235521799/

I look forward to hearing from our resident Netflix DVD subscribers to
see if this actually happens...

> Doom & Gloom In Unscripted TV: Producers Battle Challenging Conditions As
> Mid-Sized Firms Face Layoffs (August 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/doom-gloom-in-unscripted-tv-producers-battle-challenging-conditions-as-mid-sized-firms-face-layoffs-1235458910/

EFF reality TV!!

> NBCUniversal And Roku Strengthen FAST Ties, Adding Channels For 'Murder She
> Wrote,' 'Little House On The Prairie' And Other Classic And Nostalgia
> Titles (August 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/nbcuniversal-roku-fast-ties-channels-streaming-murder-she-wrote-little-house-on-the-prairie-1235519738/

> Other News
>

> Jamie Foxx Posts Health Update: "I'm Back And I'm Better" (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/jamie-foxx-posts-health-update-im-back-im-better-instagram-1235522072/

So, has anyone figured out what has happened here? - It sounds like he
probably had a psychotic break.

> 'The Young & The Restless' Star Eric Braeden Reveals He's Cancer-Free:
> "They Couldn't Find A Damn Thing" (August 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden-cancer-free-1235500553/

Well, good for him.

But I still hate Victor from Y&R...

> 'Below Deck Down Under' Crew Members Fired After Non-Consensual Sexual
> Advances Caught On Camera (August 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/below-deck-down-under-crew-members-fired-non-consensual-sexual-advances-1235461340/

Wow - you have to be seriously f***ed up, or terminally stupid, to try
to pull something like this.

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<214506673.714172364.577641.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199082&group=rec.arts.tv#199082

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:28:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 21:28 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> TV news for August 12-18, 2023
>

> ABC news
>

> 'The Rookie: Feds', 'Home Economics' & 'The Good Lawyer' Status Update: How
> Strikes Impact Pickup Chances & Cast Options Of ABC Pilot & Series (August
> 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-rookie-feds-home-economics-the-good-lawyer-pickup-status-renewed-canceled-wga-sag-aftra-strike-1235520332/

If the only good to come out of the strike is that rookie feds is canceled
it will have been worth it

> CW news

The C dub must die.

> 'Riverdale's Lili Reinhart On Show Ending & The "Absurdity" Of The
> Storylines (August 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/riverdale-lili-reinhart-series-finale-1235520706/

Did she just notice this now?

> Fox news
>

> 'Stars On Mars' Just Lost Ariel Winter, Second Celebrity In Row To Quit Fox
> Reality Show (August 15)

YAAAAAYYYYY!

> https://deadline.com/2023/08/stars-on-mars-ariel-winter-quit-fox-reality-show-1235519995/

> Cable channel news
>

> 'Chucky' Gets Season 3 Premiere Date At Syfy & USA Network (August 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chucky-season-3-premiere-date-syfy-usa-network-1235521577/

Robin wants to know which of you diseased maniacs are watching a show about
a doll. I told her Ian would watch anything with a red head in it.

> 'Fellow Travelers': Matt Bomer & Jonathan Bailey Limited Series Gets
> Showtime Premiere Date (August 17)

I’d take a look at that, but Showtime is forever denied me.

> 'A Murder At The End Of The World' Sets New Premiere Date At FX (August
> 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/a-murder-at-the-end-of-the-world-premiere-date-fx-1235521365/

I think I put this on my watchlist. I honestly didn’t know FX still
broadcast.

> 'Painting With John' To End After Three Seasons On HBO (August 16)

So if this was customers, painting pictures of sexy hookers, they might
have something.

> 'American Horror Story' Gets Season 12 Premiere Date On FX (August 15)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/american-horror-story-season-12-premiere-date-fx-kim-kardashian-1235519743/

Let’s do the “they misspelled whore“ joke, one more time.

> Streaming service news
>

> 'The Flash' Movie Gets Streaming Premiere Date On Max (August 18)

Why isn’t this clown in prison yet?

> 'The Peripheral' Canceled; Prime Video Not Proceeding With Season 2 Amid
> Lengthy Strikes (August 18)

Another show I’ve never even heard of

> 'Percy Jackson And The Olympians' Gets Disney+ Premiere Date, New Teaser
> (August 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/percy-jackson-and-the-olympians-premiere-date-disney-plus-teaser-1235522402/

Only because Disney+ is free.

> Apple TV+ Reveals 'The Buccaneers' Premiere Date & First-Look Photos
> (August 16)

What do pirates pay for hearing aids?

What is a pirates favorite letter?

> 'Warrior Nun': Canceled Netflix Series To Return As Trilogy Of Feature
> Films, EP Says (August 15)

Will always have BUFFY re-runs

> 'Totally Killer' First Look: Kiernan Shipka Toplines Time-Traveling
> Horror-Comedy From Prime Video, Blumhouse (August 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/totally-killer-first-look-kiernan-shipka-prime-video-1235509898/

On my Watchlist

> International series news

> Series in development
>

> Mark Ruffalo, Lili Reinhart & Cooper Raiff To Star In Raiff's Indie TV
> Series 'Hal & Harper'; Two More Cast (August 16)

You lost me at Mark Ruffalo

> Chrisley Family Set To Return To TV With New Reality Series From Scout
> Productions After Prison Sentences For Todd & Julie Chrisley (August 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chrisley-family-set-to-return-to-tv-with-new-reality-series-1235460313/

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mountain goat looks up, startled

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

> Ratings
>

> 'Heart Of Stone' Dominates Netflix Top 10 Film List; 'Painkiller' Takes No.
> 1 Spot Among TV Series (August 15)

If only it had been any good.

> The business of TV

> Obituaries
>

> Shelley Smith Dies: Star Of TV's 'The Associates' And Game Show Regular Was
> 70 (August 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/shelley-smith-dies-star-of-the-associates-game-show-regular-was-70-obituary-1235461033/

:(

> Other News
>

> 'The Young & The Restless' Star Eric Braeden Reveals He's Cancer-Free:
> "They Couldn't Find A Damn Thing" (August 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden-cancer-free-1235500553/

Everybody hum the rat patrol theme!

> 'Below Deck Down Under' Crew Members Fired After Non-Consensual Sexual
> Advances Caught On Camera (August 12)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/08/below-deck-down-under-crew-members-fired-non-consensual-sexual-advances-1235461340/

But she’s cute!

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<ubree0$113hd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199088&group=rec.arts.tv#199088

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 15:06:56 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 22:06 UTC

On 8/19/23 2:28 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> TV news for August 12-18, 2023
>>

>> ABC news
>>

>> 'The Rookie: Feds', 'Home Economics' & 'The Good Lawyer' Status Update: How
>> Strikes Impact Pickup Chances & Cast Options Of ABC Pilot & Series (August
>> 15)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-rookie-feds-home-economics-the-good-lawyer-pickup-status-renewed-canceled-wga-sag-aftra-strike-1235520332/
>
> If the only good to come out of the strike is that rookie feds is canceled
> it will have been worth it

Heh.
No doubt.

>> Fox news
>>

>> 'Stars On Mars' Just Lost Ariel Winter, Second Celebrity In Row To Quit Fox
>> Reality Show (August 15)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/stars-on-mars-ariel-winter-quit-fox-reality-show-1235519995/
>
> YAAAAAYYYYY!

He he he

>> Cable channel news
>>

>> 'Chucky' Gets Season 3 Premiere Date At Syfy & USA Network (August 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chucky-season-3-premiere-date-syfy-usa-network-1235521577/
>
> Robin wants to know which of you diseased maniacs are watching a show about
> a doll. I told her Ian would watch anything with a red head in it.

I actually am not watching this. But I believe either Arthur or shawn
(or both?) are.

What about Obveeus?...

>> 'A Murder At The End Of The World' Sets New Premiere Date At FX (August
>> 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/a-murder-at-the-end-of-the-world-premiere-date-fx-1235521365/
>
> I think I put this on my watchlist. I honestly didn’t know FX still
> broadcast.

FX I think may be the only basic cable channels that is still putting
out scripted drama TV series, along with AMC.

>> Streaming service news
>>

>> 'The Flash' Movie Gets Streaming Premiere Date On Max (August 18)
>
> Why isn’t this clown in prison yet?

Short answer: Mental illness.

>> 'The Peripheral' Canceled; Prime Video Not Proceeding With Season 2 Amid
>> Lengthy Strikes (August 18)
>
> Another show I’ve never even heard of

>:|

>> 'Percy Jackson And The Olympians' Gets Disney+ Premiere Date, New Teaser
>> (August 18)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/percy-jackson-and-the-olympians-premiere-date-disney-plus-teaser-1235522402/
>
> Only because Disney+ is free.

Yeah, I think I would unload D+ after "Akosha" and "Loki" if the bundle
with Hulu wasn't such a good deal...

>> Apple TV+ Reveals 'The Buccaneers' Premiere Date & First-Look Photos
>> (August 16)
>
> What do pirates pay for hearing aids?
>
> What is a pirates favorite letter?

This isn't actually a "pirate" show! :p

>> 'Warrior Nun': Canceled Netflix Series To Return As Trilogy Of Feature
>> Films, EP Says (August 15)
>
> Will always have BUFFY re-runs

But it only ran for one 13-episode season!!

>> 'Totally Killer' First Look: Kiernan Shipka Toplines Time-Traveling
>> Horror-Comedy From Prime Video, Blumhouse (August 14)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/totally-killer-first-look-kiernan-shipka-prime-video-1235509898/
>
> On my Watchlist

Ditto(e)!! :)

>> Series in development
>>

>> Mark Ruffalo, Lili Reinhart & Cooper Raiff To Star In Raiff's Indie TV
>> Series 'Hal & Harper'; Two More Cast (August 16)
>
> You lost me at Mark Ruffalo

Get back to me if Reinhart every does naked nudity.

(Come to think of it - please let me know if Madelaine Petsch ever
does!! :> )

>> Chrisley Family Set To Return To TV With New Reality Series From Scout
>> Productions After Prison Sentences For Todd & Julie Chrisley (August 14)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chrisley-family-set-to-return-to-tv-with-new-reality-series-1235460313/
>
> NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>
> Mountain goat looks up, startled
>
> ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Agree - this is terrible news.

>> Ratings
>>

>> 'Heart Of Stone' Dominates Netflix Top 10 Film List; 'Painkiller' Takes No.
>> 1 Spot Among TV Series (August 15)
>
> If only it had been any good.

It wasn't "terrible". But it was "forgettable"...

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<j1h2eitmp4r81ckjjq03f3ba538n97ce0t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199097&group=rec.arts.tv#199097

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 18:46:09 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 22:46 UTC

On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:26:34 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 8/19/23 11:30 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> TV news for August 12-18, 2023
>>

>> ABC news
>>

>> Streaming service news
>>

>> 'The Flash' Movie Gets Streaming Premiere Date On Max (August 18)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-flash-streaming-date-max-1235522370/
>
>It just saw this one - it's next Fri., IIRC. (I'll need to get to it
>before Labor Day, as I'm back to working full-time starting around then...)

Be prepared. Barry can be more than a bit annoying. I much preferred
the animated version of the Flashpoint Paradox.

>> 'The Peripheral' Canceled; Prime Video Not Proceeding With Season 2 Amid
>> Lengthy Strikes (August 18)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-peripheral-canceled-unrenewed-season-2-strikes-amazon-1235454772/
>
>A**h***s!!
>(Did I beat Robin?!...)

Technically Deadline beat both of you with announcing the cancel.

>> 'Warrior Nun': Canceled Netflix Series To Return As Trilogy Of Feature
>> Films, EP Says (August 15)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/warrior-nun-canceled-netflix-series-return-trilogy-movies-1235520435/
>
>If the follow-up movie to "Wu Assassins" is any indication, this might
>not work out as well as everyone hopes...

>> 'Totally Killer' First Look: Kiernan Shipka Toplines Time-Traveling
>> Horror-Comedy From Prime Video, Blumhouse (August 14)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/totally-killer-first-look-kiernan-shipka-prime-video-1235509898/
>
>Releases Oct. 6 - looking forward to this.

LOL, for some reason I keep seeing that as Kiernan Shipka Topless
Time-Traveling.

>> Series in development
>>

>> Mark Ruffalo, Lili Reinhart & Cooper Raiff To Star In Raiff's Indie TV
>> Series 'Hal & Harper'; Two More Cast (August 16)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/mark-ruffalo-lili-reinhart-cooper-raiff-star-hal-amp-harper-tv-series-1235520866/
>
>How can they be casting during the strike?!

It's an Indie so likely they worked out an agreement with SAG to
proceed with the project. Apparently almost any Indie can easily get
approved if they just agree to SAG's demands.

>> Chrisley Family Set To Return To TV With New Reality Series From Scout
>> Productions After Prison Sentences For Todd & Julie Chrisley (August 14)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chrisley-family-set-to-return-to-tv-with-new-reality-series-1235460313/
>
>What f***king outrage!!

Not going to watch this as I've managed to miss every bit of it so
far.

>> Ratings
>>

>> 'Suits' Reigns Over Nielsen Streaming Charts For Fourth Consecutive Week;
>> 'Sweet Magnolias' Season 3 Boosts Netflix Series To 1B Viewing Minutes
>> (August 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/suits-sweet-magnolias-ratings-nielsen-streaming-netflix-peacock-1235522019/
>
>"You talking to me?!"
>
>> 'Suits' Ushers In Streaming Boom As Broadcast & Cable Fall To Record Lows
>> In July, Nielsen Says (August 15)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/nielsen-the-gauge-july-2023-suits-streaming-boom-broadcast-cable-record-low-1235519506/
>
>They aren't programming anything decent on cable - so, duh!!
>

>> The business of TV
>>

>> WGA And AMPTP Meet For Third Day In A Row; Studio CEOs Set To Huddle Friday
>> (August 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/writers-strike-update-studio-ceo-meeting-friday-1235522013/
>
>It really feels they are trying to wrap up a deal by Sept. 15...
>
>Now, whether they can actually get a deal done by that is another issue!
>
>> Netflix Subscribers Could Be Sent As Many As 10 Bonus DVDs Before The End
>> Credits Roll On Disc Business (August 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/netflix-to-ship-10-dvds-to-customers-before-business-shuts-down-1235521799/
>
>I look forward to hearing from our resident Netflix DVD subscribers to
>see if this actually happens...

No reason why it shouldn't since the subscribers still have to return
the DVDs.

>> Doom & Gloom In Unscripted TV: Producers Battle Challenging Conditions As
>> Mid-Sized Firms Face Layoffs (August 16)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/doom-gloom-in-unscripted-tv-producers-battle-challenging-conditions-as-mid-sized-firms-face-layoffs-1235458910/
>
>EFF reality TV!!
>
>> NBCUniversal And Roku Strengthen FAST Ties, Adding Channels For 'Murder She
>> Wrote,' 'Little House On The Prairie' And Other Classic And Nostalgia
>> Titles (August 15)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/nbcuniversal-roku-fast-ties-channels-streaming-murder-she-wrote-little-house-on-the-prairie-1235519738/
>

>> Other News
>>

>> Jamie Foxx Posts Health Update: "I'm Back And I'm Better" (August 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/jamie-foxx-posts-health-update-im-back-im-better-instagram-1235522072/
>
>So, has anyone figured out what has happened here? - It sounds like he
>probably had a psychotic break.

I don't know about that as he keeps talking about what sounds like a
physical issue. Like he had some medical issue that had to be
resolved, but then why keep it secret. I'll agree that a psychotic
break might be the sort of thing he would want to keep secret.

>> 'The Young & The Restless' Star Eric Braeden Reveals He's Cancer-Free:
>> "They Couldn't Find A Damn Thing" (August 14)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden-cancer-free-1235500553/
>
>Well, good for him.
>
>But I still hate Victor from Y&R...
>
>> 'Below Deck Down Under' Crew Members Fired After Non-Consensual Sexual
>> Advances Caught On Camera (August 12)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/below-deck-down-under-crew-members-fired-non-consensual-sexual-advances-1235461340/
>
>Wow - you have to be seriously f***ed up, or terminally stupid, to try
>to pull something like this.

Yeah, it's a bad move in any case but especially when the crew members
know there are cameras around that can and will catch almost
everything.

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<bih2ei17lh0n2jm1d0qe7td90lsphk2h5s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199099&group=rec.arts.tv#199099

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 18:51:57 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 22:51 UTC

On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:28:19 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> TV news for August 12-18, 2023
>>

>> Cable channel news
>>

>> 'Chucky' Gets Season 3 Premiere Date At Syfy & USA Network (August 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chucky-season-3-premiere-date-syfy-usa-network-1235521577/
>>

>Robin wants to know which of you diseased maniacs are watching a show about
>a doll. I told her Ian would watch anything with a red head in it.

Tell Robin that I've been watching the show. Though I'm a bit behind
on my episode watching.

>> 'The Peripheral' Canceled; Prime Video Not Proceeding With Season 2 Amid
>> Lengthy Strikes (August 18)
>
>Another show I’ve never even heard of

I enjoyed it a lot. They put a lot into it (apparently something like
180million dollars for 8 episodes) so it looked great.

>> Other News
>>

>> 'The Young & The Restless' Star Eric Braeden Reveals He's Cancer-Free:
>> "They Couldn't Find A Damn Thing" (August 14)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden-cancer-free-1235500553/
>>

>Everybody hum the rat patrol theme!

Damn, I haven't thought of that in years and now I can see him riding
around in that jeep.

>> 'Below Deck Down Under' Crew Members Fired After Non-Consensual Sexual
>> Advances Caught On Camera (August 12)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/below-deck-down-under-crew-members-fired-non-consensual-sexual-advances-1235461340/
>>

>But she’s cute!

Maybe he's just not into women.

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<ubri48$11nra$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199102&group=rec.arts.tv#199102

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 23:10:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 23:10 UTC

>On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:26:34 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>On 8/19/23 11:30 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>>'Totally Killer' First Look: Kiernan Shipka Toplines Time-Traveling
>>>Horror-Comedy From Prime Video, Blumhouse (August 14)

>>>https://deadline.com/2023/08/totally-killer-first-look-kiernan-shipka-prime-video-1235509898/

>>Releases Oct. 6 - looking forward to this.

>LOL, for some reason I keep seeing that as Kiernan Shipka Topless
>Time-Traveling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaSacArJSnc/

Best the Interwebs can do.

>>>'Below Deck Down Under' Crew Members Fired After Non-Consensual Sexual
>>>Advances Caught On Camera (August 12)

>>>https://deadline.com/2023/08/below-deck-down-under-crew-members-fired-non-consensual-sexual-advances-1235461340/

>>Wow - you have to be seriously f***ed up, or terminally stupid, to try
>>to pull something like this.

>Yeah, it's a bad move in any case but especially when the crew members
>know there are cameras around that can and will catch almost
>everything.

No, they're saying he "went" on camera, so it wasn't like he was caught
in an unguarded moment. He was flat-out drunk.

What the hell is a "sexual advance"? He crawled into the bed of a woman,
drunk or sleeping it off. He was naked. Producers tried to get him out
of her bed. He locked the door. It says they got him out of her room
later but doesn't say how. Later, they got him off the yacht and into a
hotel room.

I'm sure she'll sue even though people were watching out for her. She was
so drunk she has no idea what might have happened.

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<ubrjni$11u4j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199107&group=rec.arts.tv#199107

Followup: rec.arts.tv
From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 19:37:44 -0400
 by: Nyssa - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 23:37 UTC

shawn wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:28:19 -0700, anim8rfsk
> <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> TV news for August 12-18, 2023
>>>

>>> Cable channel news
>>>

>>> 'Chucky' Gets Season 3 Premiere Date At Syfy & USA
>>> Network (August 17)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chucky-season-3-premiere-date-syfy-usa-
network-1235521577/

>>Robin wants to know which of you diseased maniacs are
>>watching a show about a doll. I told her Ian would watch
>>anything with a red head in it.
>>

> Tell Robin that I've been watching the show. Though I'm a
> bit behind on my episode watching.
>

>>> 'The Peripheral' Canceled; Prime Video Not Proceeding
>>> With Season 2 Amid
>>> Lengthy Strikes (August 18)
>>
>>Another show I?ve never even heard of
>
> I enjoyed it a lot. They put a lot into it (apparently
> something like 180million dollars for 8 episodes) so it
> looked great.

>>> Other News
>>>

>>> 'The Young & The Restless' Star Eric Braeden Reveals
>>> He's Cancer-Free:
>>> "They Couldn't Find A Damn Thing" (August 14)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden-
cancer-free-1235500553/

>>Everybody hum the rat patrol theme!
>
> Damn, I haven't thought of that in years and now I can see
> him riding around in that jeep.

Ein Kübelwagen.

The jeeps were driven by the winners. :)

Nyssa, who likes to pick a nit every once in awhile to
keep in practice

>>> 'Below Deck Down Under' Crew Members Fired After
>>> Non-Consensual Sexual
>>> Advances Caught On Camera (August 12)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/below-deck-down-under-crew-members-fired-
non-consensual-sexual-advances-1235461340/

>>But she?s cute!
>
> Maybe he's just not into women.

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<pfs2ei5em0t0umtsvi0sc9nn8t8agnibnp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199112&group=rec.arts.tv#199112

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 21:54:21 -0400
 by: shawn - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 01:54 UTC

On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 19:37:44 -0400, Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net>
wrote:

>shawn wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:28:19 -0700, anim8rfsk
>> <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>cancer-free-1235500553/
>>>>

>>>Everybody hum the rat patrol theme!
>>
>> Damn, I haven't thought of that in years and now I can see
>> him riding around in that jeep.
>
>Ein Kübelwagen.
>
>The jeeps were driven by the winners. :)
>
>Nyssa, who likes to pick a nit every once in awhile to
>keep in practice

I know but for some reason I keep picturing Braeden on the back of one
of those jeeps. Guess it's one of the hazards of remembering something
from so far back that your brain starts mixing things together.

>non-consensual-sexual-advances-1235461340/
>>>>

>>>But she?s cute!
>>
>> Maybe he's just not into women.

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<102992094.714201132.583806.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=199126&group=rec.arts.tv#199126

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 22:17:28 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 05:17 UTC

> On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:28:19 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> TV news for August 12-18, 2023
>>>

>>> Cable channel news
>>>

>>> 'Chucky' Gets Season 3 Premiere Date At Syfy & USA Network (August 17)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/chucky-season-3-premiere-date-syfy-usa-network-1235521577/
>>>

>> Robin wants to know which of you diseased maniacs are watching a show about
>> a doll. I told her Ian would watch anything with a red head in it.
>>

> Tell Robin that I've been watching the show. Though I'm a bit behind
> on my episode watching.

I confessed to her that I intended to watch it because Alexa Doig, but we
found out that she was going to be an early casualty before I ever got
around to starting.

>>> 'The Peripheral' Canceled; Prime Video Not Proceeding With Season 2 Amid
>>> Lengthy Strikes (August 18)
>>
>> Another show I’ve never even heard of
>
> I enjoyed it a lot. They put a lot into it (apparently something like
> 180million dollars for 8 episodes) so it looked great.

>>> Other News
>>>

>>> 'The Young & The Restless' Star Eric Braeden Reveals He's Cancer-Free:
>>> "They Couldn't Find A Damn Thing" (August 14)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-young-and-the-restless-eric-braeden-cancer-free-1235500553/
>>>

>> Everybody hum the rat patrol theme!
>
> Damn, I haven't thought of that in years and now I can see him riding
> around in that jeep.

I I RC he got to ride in the jeep a few times in very special episodes. But
usually not so much.

>>> 'Below Deck Down Under' Crew Members Fired After Non-Consensual Sexual
>>> Advances Caught On Camera (August 12)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/08/below-deck-down-under-crew-members-fired-non-consensual-sexual-advances-1235461340/
>>>

>> But she’s cute!
>
> Maybe he's just not into women.

At least not the cute ones.
Mostly, she seemed to be fired because she didn’t hate the other guy that
was fired enough.

Re: TV news for August 12-18, 2023

<IROdnbrSqtzVq3P5nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200067&group=rec.arts.tv#200067

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:17:44 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:17 UTC

On Aug 19, 2023 at 2:28:19 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>> TV news for August 12-18, 2023
>
>> CHUCKY Gets Season 3 Premiere Date at Syfy & USA Network (August 17)
>
> Robin wants to know which of you diseased maniacs are watching a show about
> a doll. I told her Ian would watch anything with a red head in it.

I'm kind of watching it. The TiVo records it and months go by between watching
episodes, but I'm slowly getting through it.

>> PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS Gets Disney+ Premiere Date, New Teaser
>> (August 18)
>
> Only because Disney+ is free.

I would have thought this would be a definite "No Hi-Ho, no show!" for you.

>> Chrisley Family Set to Return to TV With New Reality Series from Scout
>> Productions after Prison Sentences for Todd & Julie Chrisley (August 14)
>
> NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>
> Mountain goat looks up, startled
>
> ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Definitely a "KHHHAAAANNNN!" moment for you.