From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CNN: Parasitic shysters waste NO time in Hawaii
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 21:02:27 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 03:02 UTC

On 2023-08-13 11:46 p.m., RichA wrote:
> Legal action filed: A lawsuit filed against Hawaii’s main electric provider alleges that electrified power lines blown over by high winds during Hurricane Dora led to the spread of the deadly Lahaina wildfire. The complaint was filed by three law firms on behalf of a couple living in Lahaina against Hawaiian Electric Industries and three subsidiaries, including the power utility that services Maui. The new lawsuit does not state exactly how the power lines allegedly ignited the wildfire and an official cause of the blaze has not yet been determined.

American Greed did a story on how Pacific Gas and Electric's poor power
line maintenance led to fires in California.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53072946

Sparks from downed power lines are a known fire hazard.

Re: CNN: Parasitic shysters waste NO time in Hawaii

<tcDIM.857611$AsA.113956@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200769&group=rec.arts.tv#200769

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 04:25:44 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 09:25 UTC

On 9/1/23 10:02 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2023-08-13 11:46 p.m., RichA wrote:
>> Legal action filed: A lawsuit filed against Hawaii’s main electric
>> provider alleges that electrified power lines blown over by high winds
>> during Hurricane Dora led to the spread of the deadly Lahaina
>> wildfire. The complaint was filed by three law firms on behalf of a
>> couple living in Lahaina against Hawaiian Electric Industries and
>> three subsidiaries, including the power utility that services Maui.
>> The new lawsuit does not state exactly how the power lines allegedly
>> ignited the wildfire and an official cause of the blaze has not yet
>> been determined.
>
> American Greed did a story on how Pacific Gas and Electric's poor power
> line maintenance led to fires in California.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53072946
>
> Sparks from downed power lines are a known fire hazard.

Looks like "RichA" was a victim of his own shyster brain cells then.