Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

SubjectAuthor
* "Upgrading" PeacockIan J. Ball
+* Re: "Upgrading" Peacockshawn
|`- Re: "Upgrading" PeacockArthur Lipscomb
`* Re: "Upgrading" PeacockAdam H. Kerman
 `* Re: "Upgrading" PeacockIan J. Ball
  `* Re: "Upgrading" PeacockAdam H. Kerman
   `* Re: "Upgrading" PeacockIan J. Ball
    `* Re: "Upgrading" PeacockAdam H. Kerman
     `- Re: "Upgrading" PeacockA Friend

1
"Upgrading" Peacock

<ucvj7i$f073$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200803&group=rec.arts.tv#200803

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Upgrading" Peacock
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 08:09:38 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 15:09 UTC

So, a couple of days ago I wanted to upgrade my Peacock sub from a
monthly Premium plan to a yearly Premium Plus (no ads!) plan - but there
was *no way to do it!* (online)!!

I had to online chat with customer support - they told me the only way
to do this was to CANCEL MY (Premium) SUBSCRIPTION first!! :o

This is crazy. I fully intended to resubscribe with the yearly plan, but
how many customers is Peacock *losing* by FORCING them to cancel their
old plans before subscribing to new ones?!?!!

This is like, basic, marketing/customer support people - don't make it
so hard to switch/upgrade plans that you have to cancel the old plans
first!!

As it happens, I actually let my Peacock subscription lapse last night!
Like I said before, this is a dumb "upgrade" system, and they are likely
losing customers as a result!!

Anyway, this morning I'm all set now with Peacock Double-Plus-Good
Premium (yearly plan).

Haven't tested it yet, but DOOL without ads should be nice.

Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

<r3l6fip7pi51h3lv1ljc0kmb2nkvre80ah@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200806&group=rec.arts.tv#200806

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Upgrading" Peacock
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 11:30:13 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 15:30 UTC

On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 08:09:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>So, a couple of days ago I wanted to upgrade my Peacock sub from a
>monthly Premium plan to a yearly Premium Plus (no ads!) plan - but there
>was *no way to do it!* (online)!!
>
>I had to online chat with customer support - they told me the only way
>to do this was to CANCEL MY (Premium) SUBSCRIPTION first!! :o
>
>This is crazy. I fully intended to resubscribe with the yearly plan, but
>how many customers is Peacock *losing* by FORCING them to cancel their
>old plans before subscribing to new ones?!?!!

That does sound insane. Of course you want people to upgrade their
plans. It's part of the reason you have premium plans and so should
make that process as smooth as possible. Forcing people to call, then
cancel their subscription and then reapply for the premium
subscription is only going to lose them customers while limiting the
number that actually upgrade. I can see many people deciding to just
stick with their current level of service.

>This is like, basic, marketing/customer support people - don't make it
>so hard to switch/upgrade plans that you have to cancel the old plans
>first!!

Agreed.

>As it happens, I actually let my Peacock subscription lapse last night!
>Like I said before, this is a dumb "upgrade" system, and they are likely
>losing customers as a result!!
>
>Anyway, this morning I'm all set now with Peacock Double-Plus-Good
>Premium (yearly plan).
>
>Haven't tested it yet, but DOOL without ads should be nice.

Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

<ud00eo$gt1t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200824&group=rec.arts.tv#200824

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 11:55:19 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 18:55 UTC

On 9/2/2023 8:30 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 08:09:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> So, a couple of days ago I wanted to upgrade my Peacock sub from a
>> monthly Premium plan to a yearly Premium Plus (no ads!) plan - but there
>> was *no way to do it!* (online)!!
>>
>> I had to online chat with customer support - they told me the only way
>> to do this was to CANCEL MY (Premium) SUBSCRIPTION first!! :o
>>
>> This is crazy. I fully intended to resubscribe with the yearly plan, but
>> how many customers is Peacock *losing* by FORCING them to cancel their
>> old plans before subscribing to new ones?!?!!
>
> That does sound insane. Of course you want people to upgrade their
> plans. It's part of the reason you have premium plans and so should
> make that process as smooth as possible. Forcing people to call, then
> cancel their subscription and then reapply for the premium
> subscription is only going to lose them customers while limiting the
> number that actually upgrade. I can see many people deciding to just
> stick with their current level of service.
>
>> This is like, basic, marketing/customer support people - don't make it
>> so hard to switch/upgrade plans that you have to cancel the old plans
>> first!!
>
> Agreed.
>
>> As it happens, I actually let my Peacock subscription lapse last night!
>> Like I said before, this is a dumb "upgrade" system, and they are likely
>> losing customers as a result!!
>>
>> Anyway, this morning I'm all set now with Peacock Double-Plus-Good
>> Premium (yearly plan).
>>
>> Haven't tested it yet, but DOOL without ads should be nice.

I have a note to myself to call Xfinity today to cancel/renew my
subscription. My contract must be up, but of course Xfinity hasn't
reached out to me or sent me any notices, which is why I have to put
reminders on my calendar. Otherwise I'll just get a new bill in a month
or two with a shockingly higher price.

I was just on the website trying to take a look at my current plan and
what the promotions are and it takes me to a "This page isn't working
error" so like every renewal year I have to call...

Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

<ud0obp$na05$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200888&group=rec.arts.tv#200888

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:43:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:43 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>So, a couple of days ago I wanted to upgrade my Peacock sub from a
>monthly Premium plan to a yearly Premium Plus (no ads!) plan - but there
>was *no way to do it!* (online)!!

I thought you were going to tell us about the Logan Marshall-Green
movie.

>. . .

Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

<ud0qhh$o21a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200892&group=rec.arts.tv#200892

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 19:20:33 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 02:20 UTC

On 9/2/23 6:43 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> So, a couple of days ago I wanted to upgrade my Peacock sub from a
>> monthly Premium plan to a yearly Premium Plus (no ads!) plan - but there
>> was *no way to do it!* (online)!!
>
> I thought you were going to tell us about the Logan Marshall-Green
> movie.

The better gag would have been to reference the 2020 Susan Sarandon flick...

Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

<ud0ttj$oe98$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200903&group=rec.arts.tv#200903

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 03:18:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 03:18 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 9/2/23 6:43 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>So, a couple of days ago I wanted to upgrade my Peacock sub from a
>>>monthly Premium plan to a yearly Premium Plus (no ads!) plan - but there
>>>was *no way to do it!* (online)!!

>>I thought you were going to tell us about the Logan Marshall-Green
>>movie.

>The better gag would have been to reference the 2020 Susan Sarandon flick...

Fearless? I never saw it.

Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

<ud12k1$p345$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200906&group=rec.arts.tv#200906

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:38:24 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 04:38 UTC

On 9/2/23 8:18 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I thought you were going to tell us about the Logan Marshall-Green
>>> movie.
>>
>> The better gag would have been to reference the 2020 Susan Sarandon flick...
>
> Fearless? I never saw it.

Sorry - 2010 flick, not 2020 flick.

Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

<ud13pf$p6em$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200907&group=rec.arts.tv#200907

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 04:58:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 04:58 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 9/2/23 8:18 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>The better gag would have been to reference the 2020 Susan Sarandon flick...

>>Fearless? I never saw it.

>Sorry - 2010 flick, not 2020 flick.

Ah. Never saw that one either. Now that I've read about it, it sounds
like something I'd enjoy.

Never released theatrically? What happened, the distributor went
bankrupt?

Re: "Upgrading" Peacock

<030920230737277867%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200942&group=rec.arts.tv#200942

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 07:37:27 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 11:37 UTC

In article <ud13pf$p6em$1@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >>Fearless? I never saw it.
>
> >Sorry - 2010 flick, not 2020 flick.
>
> Ah. Never saw that one either. Now that I've read about it, it sounds
> like something I'd enjoy.
>
> Never released theatrically? What happened, the distributor went
> bankrupt?

Sometimes they do that so they can claim a loss on their taxes.