According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
+* What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)shawn
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
|||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
|||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
|||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)shawn
||| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)BTR1701
||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<UBI20230831@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200548&group=rec.arts.tv#200548

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 08:30 UTC

I watched:

TRUMP WILL BE PRESIDENT FOR LIFE Says Maddow In Unhinged Rant, Dems Move To
STRIKE Trump From Ballot:
https://youtu.be/kYvvD_shziI?si=G0ncps3KoNO5a0pf
What a dumb cunt! (Pardon the French)

That Time Janeway Completely Obliterated the Personification of Fear (The
Thaw) (Voyager):
When an evil fear clown shows up on Voyager, he doesn't know that he's met
something even more terrifying than he is: Captain Kathryn Janeway.
https://youtu.be/wtjeN9zak8o?si=X1TkpYJNggKBXHZc

Hollywood Using Woke AI To DESTROY Entertainment | Veteran Screenwriter
Exposes How BAD It IS!:
This is probably one of the most important videos I have ever made. A
Hollywood writer who has worked on countless projects for Disney and Marvel
has given an interview to my amazing Hollywood spies, and in this interview
they sound the alarm about Hollywood's revolting plans to ELIMINATE human
involvement in every aspect of film production, replacing human writers,
actors, and other key creatives with AI, and the worst part is, these AIs are
in use now, and are being trained and conditioned by woke activists. Watch
this video, spread this video, and join me in sounding the alarm, because we
are about to lose something unspeakably precious - the right to enjoy stories
crafted by human beings FOR human beings. Think I'm exaggerating? Watch this
video, and judge for yourself. I am deeply alarmed at the implications of all
of this, and at the end of the video I explain precisely WHY. #disney #marvel
#ai
https://youtu.be/G34jfnaP5VQ?si=6s2wUiw0U0eocxy9

Half in the Bag Episode 161: Shazam!:
https://youtu.be/Xoi5hA86BmA?si=2FQLRemYsZaS_Kkp

Eugenia Cooney Sparks OUTRAGE Over Anorexic SKELETAL Figure, People DEMAND
TikTok BAN HER:
https://youtu.be/MlOUQMDTpfo?si=-i5c91g0426yhvju
Yet these same people support the trans craze"...

DARK SIDE OF THE 2000'S:
"Charlie Sheen". The meteoric rise of Charlie Sheen on TWO AND A HALF MEN.
I felt a little more sympathetic towards Lorre until they reminded me of his
passive aggressive bullshit with the "vanity card" in the closing credits.
I know have to wonder if him acting like a lunatic was all an act to get off
the show because he was tired of playing his character like je used to be
IRL.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<b1I3fihrjnjeta52f87r6rui7sterev9bv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200553&group=rec.arts.tv#200553

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 07:30:06 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 11:30 UTC

I actually got bored enough to watch some of the latest episode of BIG
BROTHER. Have to admit being a bit confused to see Cirie (of SURVIVOR
fame) on the show.

The other thing I watched was the second of the 1960s Doctor Who
movies. Again this was about the Daleks and was equally slow moving.
They also played with the idea of the Tardis, having it be a device
built by the Doctor.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ucsqp6$3pt9j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200579&group=rec.arts.tv#200579

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 07:00:05 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 14:00 UTC

On 9/1/23 4:30 AM, shawn wrote:

> What did you watch?

Yesterday, I watched a Lifetime movie that lied about what it was!! ;p

soaps: DOOL - Back to Dmitri/Gwen shenanigans. At least Gabi
"discovered" what is going on from the lawyer dude (we don't know if he
lied to her or not). Meanwhile Chad tells Alex to stop moping over the
death of Victor.
GH - Gladys is forced to admit the truth of Sasha's situation to
Nina, but Nina doesn't really believe her and wants to 1) meet the
doctor involved, and 2) tell Sonny. Sasha tries to warn the nurse
(Lauren Swickard) about the EVOL! doctor, but the nurse goes running to
the doctor and tattles. Sam successfully gets Cody committed to get to
Sasha. Sonny shuts down Selina Wu when she asks Sonny to get the poker
game at the nightclub going again.

As Luck Would Have It: Murder 101 (LMN) - Talk about false advertising!!
This 3-film series stars Jackee!! as Gabbi Luck... except it really
doesn't!! - I was wondering how Jackee, who is basically full-time on
DOOL could also star in a "film series" on the side... Well now I know!
Jackee's Gabbi is not really the star of this movie - she's more
like a "framing device". The "real stars" of the movie - i.e. the people
that *actually solve the murder mystery* - are the two detectives,
Gabbi's daughter Lisa (Mea Wilkerson) - another entry in the long line
of "5-foot 'minicops'", who is sassy and resentful and who mostly frowns
or scowls at people! - and Lisa's poor put upon partner Rick (Doug Rogers).
Even in "Keeping Up with Jones", Vivica legitimately co-starred! But
here, Jackee seems more like a hanger-on in her own film series!
I'm pretty sure this is from Hybrid Films, so a lot of their usual
cast shows up here - Jon Briddell, Chelsea Gilson, Diane Robin, and
Tracy Nelson! - along with some "special" co-stars like Dorian Gregory,
Ricco Ross, and Tom Arnold.
Anyway, this was OK - when Briddell's college "dean" turns up dead
after Gabbi does a guest lecture, the two cop detectives have to "clear
Gabbi's name" (though Gabbi is never really a legitimate suspect
anyway!!), and figure out who killed him.
Oh, and I was right!! - Gabbi's podcast is an important aspect of
these films. It's weird that the Lifetime blurb on this makes no mention
of Gabbi's podcast!?!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ucstvh$3qfae$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200582&group=rec.arts.tv#200582

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 07:54:19 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 14:54 UTC

On 9/1/2023 4:30 AM, shawn wrote:

> I actually got bored enough to watch some of the latest episode of BIG
> BROTHER. Have to admit being a bit confused to see Cirie (of SURVIVOR
> fame) on the show.

Not just her. Her son is on the show too! But no one knows they are
related. Although he has fallen for one of the women and the show and
practically told her everything for no good reason. Then in last night's
episode (which I haven't finished watching yet) his mom had to break the
news to him that the plan is to vote his girlfriend out of the house.
He did *not* take it well and he is clearly planning to chose the woman
he's sleeping with over his mother! I also suspect his mom has an
ulterior motive for wanting her son's girlfriend gone. An episode or
two back the house discovered someone had been using the condoms...And
mom has a pretty good idea who...

> The other thing I watched was the second of the 1960s Doctor Who
> movies. Again this was about the Daleks and was equally slow moving.
> They also played with the idea of the Tardis, having it be a device
> built by the Doctor.

It was the 60s. I don't think movies were legally allowed to move fast
until the 90s.

> What did you watch?

I watched:

Night Court - "Two Peas on a Pod" - Episode 9 of the new series. Team
Night Court vs. a podcaster. Just burning my way through the episodes.

Foundation (AppleTV+) - "The Last Empress" - Roxann Dawson directs a
pretty good episode. As the show wraps up things are finally falling
into place with the war between Empire and Foundation about to go from
very cold to very hot. And there was a *major* revelation about Demerzel.

The Equalizer 3 (theatrical) Everyone's favorite high functioning
sociopath, (who fits so well into society, he's almost a psychopath), I
mean vigilante, is back for another adventure. This time Denzel is
joined by Dakota Fanning, his co-star from "Man on Fire" all grown up
now and working for the CIA. The movie hits the ground running with
Denzel doing a bit of Equalizing in Italy when things take a turn and he
winds up recuperating in a small town where everyone is impossibly nice,
and don't mind that he's sociopath. However the impossibly nice people
are being victimized by the Italian mafia. Denzel does his best to not
brutally murder them, but he can only hold back for so long, and soon
enough he goes on another killing spree. But this time he has an entire
town on his side to cheer him on! Dakota Fanning had a much larger role
than I was anticipating and is a great addition to the cast.

Overall, this was very good entry into he franchise. It's better than
part 2, but not as good as the first one. My only gripe is this is by
far the shortest entry in the franchise and I couldn't help but think a
lot got cut from the movie. It's hard to know if it was things that
would be missed or just slow the movie down, but I did notice the
shorter run time. If I had to guess, I strongly suspect Denzel had a
love interest in the movie and all of those relationship scenes got cut.
There are still scenes where you can clearly see who the love interest
was, there just aren't any actual scenes of romance. I also noticed the
beautiful cinematography, and could tell while watching it was filmed on
location in Italy.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<uct0fr$3qmdv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200590&group=rec.arts.tv#200590

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 08:37:33 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 15:37 UTC

Stargate SG-1 S10E18 'Talion' (Disc)
"The SGC is contacted by Jacek, who says he has valuable information for
them: he will give them the location of Arkad's store of Naquadah in
return for asylum on Earth. Vala doesn't believe they should deal with
the man whom she knows very well: he's her ne'er-do-well father who was
absent for much of her life. His information proves to be correct, and
Landry approves the deal. Jacek, however, is soon up to his old tricks
running a telephone charity scam and bilking the old ladies in his
building at bingo. Everyone on the team tries to keep him on the
straight and narrow, for Vala's sake if for no other reason. Despite his
promises, Jacek continues in his ways, but he soon has an opportunity to
prove himself. Meanwhile, Vala's situation causes General Landry to
review his own family situation."

Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: So, what's the deal with the accent,
or in your father's case, the lack thereof?
Vala Mal Doran: Well, the accent, like most of my other good
qualities, I got from my mother, my charm, my wit, my good looks.
Dr. Daniel Jackson: What'd you get from your dad?
Vala Mal Doran: Some minor food allergies.

Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: [Carter and Vala are carrying
shopping bags] So, what is this, girls' day out?
Vala Mal Doran: Well, yes, if I'm going to integrate into Earth
society, we thought it was very important that I immerse myself in the
local cultural offerings.
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: Uh, and by "cultural offerings", you
mean...
Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: Pedicures, mochaccinos, and Victoria's
Secret.
(I see those dirty thoughts going thru your head! Not that Carter's
naughty smile at the end of that helps....)

[first lines]
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: They cancelled it? Really? I didn't
even know the new season had started.

Teal'c: May I offer you a word of advice?
Jacek: Any input that would help me better myself would be greatly
appreciated.
Teal'c: Perhaps three words: be less annoying.

Trivia: At the end of the episode Teal'c is at a viewing of the Vagina
Monologues.
The part of Jacek was written specifically for Fred Willard after he
expressed an interest in appearing on the show.

Commentary. Executive Producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.
People online were "always" complaining about the civilian outfits that
Carter and Vala would wear when not in uniform because it made them look
horrible. (Dafuq?) Amanda and Claudia chose their own outfits. o_O
Dr. Lam was missing from a number of episodes because Shanks knocked
Lexa Doig up! Its not in the trivia but this was Lexa Doig's last
appearance in SG-1. Claudia Black was forbidden to wear hair curlers in
her scene with Beau Bridges as she suggested. She did it anyways. The
commentators comment on this demonstrating how much power they have on
the show. They had difficulty casting Landry's ex-wife/Lam's mother.
By this point the briefing room table was a battered wreck with chips
and scratches that could only be shot from a few angles without it being
obvious how beat up it was.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<uct9u1$3v6s0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200604&group=rec.arts.tv#200604

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 11:18:41 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 18:18 UTC

On 2023-09-01 14:54:19 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 9/1/2023 4:30 AM, shawn wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I watched:
>

> Night Court - "Two Peas on a Pod" - Episode 9 of the new series. Team
> Night Court vs. a podcaster. Just burning my way through the episodes.

What's interesting about that one is that the podcaster is played by
Stephnie Weir of "MadTV" fame - and she looks so old now!!

> The Equalizer 3 (theatrical) Everyone's favorite high functioning
> sociopath, (who fits so well into society, he's almost a psychopath), I
> mean vigilante, is back for another adventure.

I didn't even know a third one was being produced!

> This time Denzel is joined by Dakota Fanning, his co-star from "Man on
> Fire" all grown up now and working for the CIA.

That's probably enough to get me to watch this!

> The movie hits the ground running with Denzel doing a bit of Equalizing
> in Italy when things take a turn and he winds up recuperating in a
> small town where everyone is impossibly nice, and don't mind that he's
> sociopath. However the impossibly nice people are being victimized by
> the Italian mafia. Denzel does his best to not brutally murder them,
> but he can only hold back for so long, and soon enough he goes on
> another killing spree. But this time he has an entire town on his side
> to cheer him on! Dakota Fanning had a much larger role than I was
> anticipating and is a great addition to the cast.
>
> Overall, this was very good entry into he franchise. It's better than
> part 2, but not as good as the first one. My only gripe is this is by
> far the shortest entry in the franchise and I couldn't help but think a
> lot got cut from the movie. It's hard to know if it was things that
> would be missed or just slow the movie down, but I did notice the
> shorter run time. If I had to guess, I strongly suspect Denzel had a
> love interest in the movie and all of those relationship scenes got
> cut. There are still scenes where you can clearly see who the love
> interest was, there just aren't any actual scenes of romance. I also
> noticed the beautiful cinematography, and could tell while watching it
> was filmed on location in Italy.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<vcf4filed0p4rpkmhimv5siq0fsg8jjtos@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200621&group=rec.arts.tv#200621

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 15:38:46 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 19:38 UTC

On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 11:18:41 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-09-01 14:54:19 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:
>
>> On 9/1/2023 4:30 AM, shawn wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I watched:
>>

>> Night Court - "Two Peas on a Pod" - Episode 9 of the new series. Team
>> Night Court vs. a podcaster. Just burning my way through the episodes.
>
>What's interesting about that one is that the podcaster is played by
>Stephnie Weir of "MadTV" fame - and she looks so old now!!

Looks like she has one of those tight skinned faces that won't age
well.

>> The Equalizer 3 (theatrical) Everyone's favorite high functioning
>> sociopath, (who fits so well into society, he's almost a psychopath), I
>> mean vigilante, is back for another adventure.
>
>I didn't even know a third one was being produced!

I did and it's on my list.

>> This time Denzel is joined by Dakota Fanning, his co-star from "Man on
>> Fire" all grown up now and working for the CIA.
>
>That's probably enough to get me to watch this!
>
>> The movie hits the ground running with Denzel doing a bit of Equalizing
>> in Italy when things take a turn and he winds up recuperating in a
>> small town where everyone is impossibly nice, and don't mind that he's
>> sociopath. However the impossibly nice people are being victimized by
>> the Italian mafia. Denzel does his best to not brutally murder them,
>> but he can only hold back for so long, and soon enough he goes on
>> another killing spree. But this time he has an entire town on his side
>> to cheer him on! Dakota Fanning had a much larger role than I was
>> anticipating and is a great addition to the cast.
>>
>> Overall, this was very good entry into he franchise. It's better than
>> part 2, but not as good as the first one. My only gripe is this is by
>> far the shortest entry in the franchise and I couldn't help but think a
>> lot got cut from the movie. It's hard to know if it was things that
>> would be missed or just slow the movie down, but I did notice the
>> shorter run time. If I had to guess, I strongly suspect Denzel had a
>> love interest in the movie and all of those relationship scenes got
>> cut. There are still scenes where you can clearly see who the love
>> interest was, there just aren't any actual scenes of romance. I also
>> noticed the beautiful cinematography, and could tell while watching it
>> was filmed on location in Italy.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<7ficnTxP2fFQ32_5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200630&group=rec.arts.tv#200630

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 20:00:13 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 20:00 UTC

On Sep 1, 2023 at 7:54:19 AM PDT, "Arthur Lipscomb"
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> The Equalizer 3 (theatrical) Everyone's favorite high functioning
> sociopath, (who fits so well into society, he's almost a psychopath)

Denzel's character is much closer to a psychopath than a sociopath.

The two terms are almost synonymous and there's an ongoing debate in the
psychological community about whether the two should be differentiated at all,
but sociopaths are typically less emotionally stable than psychopaths and are
highly impulsive. They lack patience and give in to their urges spontaneously
without any detailed planning or forethought.

Psychopaths tend to plan things, both normal life events and crimes, down to
the smallest detail, taking only calculated risks to avoid detection.
Psychopaths don't get carried away in the moment.

The other difference is that psychopaths are born that way whereas sociopaths
are made that way through years of systematic abuse. A sociopath can be
rehabilitated through therapy but there is no drug or therapeutic system that
can cure a psychopath. It's physical deformation of the brain and is inherent
and permanent.

All that being said, Denzel's character is not really either a psychopath or a
sociopath because he *does* care about people. Like the graffiti kid in the
previous movie and the residents of this small Italian town. A true psychopath
or sociopath wouldn't care about the townspeople at all, let alone put himself
in danger for them.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ucuh7f$ae9m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200740&group=rec.arts.tv#200740

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 22:11:12 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:11 UTC

On 9/1/2023 8:37 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> Stargate SG-1 S10E18 'Talion' (Disc)
> "The SGC is contacted by Jacek, who says he has valuable information for
> them: he will give them the location of Arkad's store of Naquadah in
> return for asylum on Earth. Vala doesn't believe they should deal with
> the man whom she knows very well: he's her ne'er-do-well father who was
> absent for much of her life. His information proves to be correct, and
> Landry approves the deal. Jacek, however, is soon up to his old tricks
> running a telephone charity scam and bilking the old ladies in his
> building at bingo.

He couldn't get a legit high paying job as a government consultant?

Everyone on the team tries to keep him on the
> straight and narrow, for Vala's sake if for no other reason. Despite his
> promises, Jacek continues in his ways, but he soon has an opportunity to
> prove himself. Meanwhile, Vala's situation causes General Landry to
> review his own family situation."
>
>     Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: So, what's the deal with the accent,
> or in your father's case, the lack thereof?
>     Vala Mal Doran: Well, the accent, like most of my other good
> qualities, I got from my mother, my charm, my wit, my good looks.
>     Dr. Daniel Jackson: What'd you get from your dad?
>     Vala Mal Doran: Some minor food allergies.
>
>     Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: [Carter and Vala are carrying
> shopping bags] So, what is this, girls' day out?
>     Vala Mal Doran: Well, yes, if I'm going to integrate into Earth
> society, we thought it was very important that I immerse myself in the
> local cultural offerings.
>     Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: Uh, and by "cultural offerings", you
> mean...
>     Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: Pedicures, mochaccinos, and Victoria's
> Secret.
> (I see those dirty thoughts going thru your head!  Not that Carter's
> naughty smile at the end of that helps....)
>
>     [first lines]
>     Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: They cancelled it? Really? I didn't
> even know the new season had started.
>
>     Teal'c: May I offer you a word of advice?
>     Jacek: Any input that would help me better myself would be greatly
> appreciated.
>     Teal'c: Perhaps three words: be less annoying.
>
> Trivia: At the end of the episode Teal'c is at a viewing of the Vagina
> Monologues.

So *this* is the episode. That's random.

> The part of Jacek was written specifically for Fred Willard after he
> expressed an interest in appearing on the show.
>

> Commentary.  Executive Producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie. People
> online were "always" complaining about the civilian outfits that Carter
> and Vala would wear when not in uniform because it made them look
> horrible.  (Dafuq?)  Amanda and Claudia chose their own outfits.  o_O
> Dr. Lam was missing from a number of episodes because Shanks knocked
> Lexa Doig up!  Its not in the trivia but this was Lexa Doig's last
> appearance in SG-1.  Claudia Black was forbidden to wear hair curlers in
> her scene with Beau Bridges as she suggested.  She did it anyways.  The
> commentators comment on this demonstrating how much power they have on
> the show.  They had difficulty casting Landry's ex-wife/Lam's mother. By
> this point the briefing room table was a battered wreck with chips and
> scratches that could only be shot from a few angles without it being
> obvious how beat up it was.
>

> What Did You Watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<324850755.715324718.398651.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200742&group=rec.arts.tv#200742

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 22:40:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:40 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Lots of stuff that hasn’t really been worse reporting on.

ONLY MURDERERS IN THE BUILDING
Up through and including S03E05
EPISODE ONE OF THE SERIES WAS PROMISING, BUT EACH EPISODE HAS BEEN ABOUT
HALF AS GOOD AS THE ONE BEFORE SO BY THE TIME YOU GET TO EPISODE FIVE IT’S
POINTLESS TO CONTINUE. THEY SEEM TO BE GOING META ABOUT THEIR FORMAT, BEING
UNABLE TO SUSTAIN ITSELF AND THE LAST EPISODE WAS JUST UNATTRACTIVE OLD
PEOPLE HAVING SEX.

OMG, FOR NO REASON I UNDERSTAND THAT WAS NOT ALL CAPS AND JUST SUDDENLY
BECAME. ALL caps.

Speech to text has gone amok.

Woody Strode on TCM
They had a little marathon of his movies or more properly movies he
happened to be in. The idiot announcer kept blabbering about racism. For
instance, in the trial of Sergeant Rutledge (which TCM insisted on calling
it, even though that’s not the title.) it was all racist against Indians,
because they were the opposing force I guess. And since Woody strode is
supposedly, partly Indian, it was all racist, doubly against him. These
people are just idiots. Anyway, it’s an OK movie mostly in courtroom
flashbacks as Jeffrey Hunter defends strode who they wouldn’t even have a
case against if the prosecutor wasn’t a nut ball.

They showed a couple of Tarzan movies. where strode was the bad guy,
including three challenges, which is the first Tarzan movie I ever saw in
the theater. I never have figured out why they thought moving the action to
Thailand was a good idea. And I’ve always gotten a laugh at the end of the
movie when Tarzan says goodbye And starts running down the road. Yes he’s
running to Africa.

They also had a George Raft and Humphrey, Bogart, and Ann Sheridan
marathon, which included some movies all three of them where in together
including
THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT.
Which starts out OK as raft and Bogart are brothers and independent
truckers who pick up Sheridan hitchhiking and then maybe halfway through
takes an abrupt left. Turn literally as they drive off the road and Bogart
loses an arm. The movie plays Bogart as physically helpless, and he can’t
even dress himself. So they go to work for Alan Hale. The problem is Hale‘s
wife is Ida Luppino and she’s absolutely completely 110% bug fuck crazy.
Which she does well but she starts out at 103% bug fuck crazy, which
doesn’t give her very far to go. She murders Hale Because she wants raft
and finally comes apart on the stand during the murder trial. At this point
the movie no longer resembles what I had signed up to watch in any way
shape or form.

STARS ON MARS
The finale was completely uninteresting. I’ll flush out the details. If
anybody cares, but basically five of them were left and they got rid of two
almost immediately and there was nobody left to route for. All it had
going for it was The Shat. Who got to push the big unprotected series
ending self-destruct button, which the AI admitted it had had to disconnect
on the second day, because all the idiot contestants kept pushing it.

Mostly though I am powering through marvels agents of shield because I’ve
never seen season four and I think I better watch it now before Disney+
goes out of business.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ucvi98$er9k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200797&group=rec.arts.tv#200797

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 07:53:29 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 14:53 UTC

On 9/1/2023 10:11 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 9/1/2023 8:37 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> Stargate SG-1 S10E18 'Talion' (Disc)
>> "The SGC is contacted by Jacek, who says he has valuable information
>> for them: he will give them the location of Arkad's store of Naquadah
>> in return for asylum on Earth. Vala doesn't believe they should deal
>> with the man whom she knows very well: he's her ne'er-do-well father
>> who was absent for much of her life. His information proves to be
>> correct, and Landry approves the deal. Jacek, however, is soon up to
>> his old tricks running a telephone charity scam and bilking the old
>> ladies in his building at bingo.
>
> He couldn't get a legit high paying job as a government consultant?

He complains that the government stipend he was getting wasn't enough.
The "real" reason is he doesn't know what else to do and doesn't want to
do anything else.

> Everyone on the team tries to keep him on the
>> straight and narrow, for Vala's sake if for no other reason. Despite
>> his promises, Jacek continues in his ways, but he soon has an
>> opportunity to prove himself. Meanwhile, Vala's situation causes
>> General Landry to review his own family situation."
>>
>>      Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: So, what's the deal with the
>> accent, or in your father's case, the lack thereof?
>>      Vala Mal Doran: Well, the accent, like most of my other good
>> qualities, I got from my mother, my charm, my wit, my good looks.
>>      Dr. Daniel Jackson: What'd you get from your dad?
>>      Vala Mal Doran: Some minor food allergies.
>>
>>      Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: [Carter and Vala are carrying
>> shopping bags] So, what is this, girls' day out?
>>      Vala Mal Doran: Well, yes, if I'm going to integrate into Earth
>> society, we thought it was very important that I immerse myself in the
>> local cultural offerings.
>>      Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: Uh, and by "cultural offerings",
>> you mean...
>>      Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: Pedicures, mochaccinos, and Victoria's
>> Secret.
>> (I see those dirty thoughts going thru your head!  Not that Carter's
>> naughty smile at the end of that helps....)
>>
>>      [first lines]
>>      Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: They cancelled it? Really? I didn't
>> even know the new season had started.
>>
>>      Teal'c: May I offer you a word of advice?
>>      Jacek: Any input that would help me better myself would be
>> greatly appreciated.
>>      Teal'c: Perhaps three words: be less annoying.
>>
>> Trivia: At the end of the episode Teal'c is at a viewing of the Vagina
>> Monologues.
>
> So *this* is the episode.  That's random.

Jacek got the tickets and Teal'c ended up using them after Jacek had left.

>> The part of Jacek was written specifically for Fred Willard after he
>> expressed an interest in appearing on the show.
>>

>> Commentary.  Executive Producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.
>> People online were "always" complaining about the civilian outfits
>> that Carter and Vala would wear when not in uniform because it made
>> them look horrible.  (Dafuq?)  Amanda and Claudia chose their own
>> outfits.  o_O Dr. Lam was missing from a number of episodes because
>> Shanks knocked Lexa Doig up!  Its not in the trivia but this was Lexa
>> Doig's last appearance in SG-1.  Claudia Black was forbidden to wear
>> hair curlers in her scene with Beau Bridges as she suggested.  She did
>> it anyways.  The commentators comment on this demonstrating how much
>> power they have on the show.  They had difficulty casting Landry's
>> ex-wife/Lam's mother. By this point the briefing room table was a
>> battered wreck with chips and scratches that could only be shot from a
>> few angles without it being obvious how beat up it was.
>>

>> What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ucvict$er9k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200798&group=rec.arts.tv#200798

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 07:55:26 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 14:55 UTC

On 9/1/2023 10:40 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Lots of stuff that hasn’t really been worse reporting on.
>
> ONLY MURDERERS IN THE BUILDING
> Up through and including S03E05
> EPISODE ONE OF THE SERIES WAS PROMISING, BUT EACH EPISODE HAS BEEN ABOUT
> HALF AS GOOD AS THE ONE BEFORE SO BY THE TIME YOU GET TO EPISODE FIVE IT’S
> POINTLESS TO CONTINUE. THEY SEEM TO BE GOING META ABOUT THEIR FORMAT, BEING
> UNABLE TO SUSTAIN ITSELF AND THE LAST EPISODE WAS JUST UNATTRACTIVE OLD
> PEOPLE HAVING SEX.
>
> OMG, FOR NO REASON I UNDERSTAND THAT WAS NOT ALL CAPS AND JUST SUDDENLY
> BECAME. ALL caps.
>
> Speech to text has gone amok.

It has not gone amok, it was always amok.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ucvipb$f073$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200801&group=rec.arts.tv#200801

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 08:02:03 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 15:02 UTC

On 9/1/23 10:40 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Lots of stuff that hasn’t really been worse reporting on.

I love this typo!! :)

> ONLY MURDERERS IN THE BUILDING
> Up through and including S03E05
> EPISODE ONE OF THE SERIES WAS PROMISING, BUT EACH EPISODE HAS BEEN ABOUT
> HALF AS GOOD AS THE ONE BEFORE SO BY THE TIME YOU GET TO EPISODE FIVE IT’S
> POINTLESS TO CONTINUE. THEY SEEM TO BE GOING META ABOUT THEIR FORMAT, BEING
> UNABLE TO SUSTAIN ITSELF AND THE LAST EPISODE WAS JUST UNATTRACTIVE OLD
> PEOPLE HAVING SEX.
>
> OMG, FOR NO REASON I UNDERSTAND THAT WAS NOT ALL CAPS AND JUST SUDDENLY
> BECAME. ALL caps.

I think on Reddit they were expressing (strong?) disappointment with
season #3.

> Speech to text has gone amok.
> [snip]
> STARS ON MARS
> The finale was completely uninteresting. I’ll flush out the details. If
> anybody cares, but basically five of them were left and they got rid of two
> almost immediately and there was nobody left to route for. All it had
> going for it was The Shat. Who got to push the big unprotected series
> ending self-destruct button, which the AI admitted it had had to disconnect
> on the second day, because all the idiot contestants kept pushing it.

OK, so who "won"? Based on who was left, I think Rhonda would be the
only one I was rooting for.

Did they ever bring back horrible Ariel Winter?!

> Mostly though I am powering through marvels agents of shield because I’ve
> never seen season four and I think I better watch it now before Disney+
> goes out of business.

Smart plan - I am hoping Charter/Spectrum pulling all of Disney's cable
channels off their system will help push Disney into bankruptcy!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ucviqm$f073$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200802&group=rec.arts.tv#200802

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 08:02:46 -0700

On 9/2/23 7:55 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> On 9/1/2023 10:40 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Lots of stuff that hasn’t really been worse reporting on.
>>
>> ONLY MURDERERS IN THE BUILDING
>> Up through and including S03E05
>> EPISODE ONE OF THE SERIES WAS PROMISING, BUT EACH EPISODE HAS BEEN ABOUT
>> HALF AS GOOD AS THE ONE BEFORE SO BY THE TIME YOU GET TO EPISODE FIVE
>> IT’S
>> POINTLESS TO CONTINUE. THEY SEEM TO BE GOING META ABOUT THEIR FORMAT,
>> BEING
>> UNABLE TO SUSTAIN ITSELF AND THE LAST EPISODE WAS JUST UNATTRACTIVE OLD
>> PEOPLE HAVING SEX.
>>
>> OMG, FOR NO REASON I UNDERSTAND THAT WAS NOT ALL CAPS AND JUST SUDDENLY
>> BECAME. ALL caps.
>>
>> Speech to text has gone amok.
>>
> It has not gone amok, it was always amok.

Is that like "Amok Time"?...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ud9rar$2g9su$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201340&group=rec.arts.tv#201340

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 04:30:49 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:30 UTC

nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:

>The other thing I watched was the second of the 1960s Doctor Who
>movies. Again this was about the Daleks and was equally slow moving.
>They also played with the idea of the Tardis, having it be a device
>built by the Doctor.

The cinematic movies with Peter Cushing?
Those were terrible!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ud9rgq$2g9su$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201341&group=rec.arts.tv#201341

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 04:30:50 -0400

In article <ucstvh$3qfae$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>Night Court - "Two Peas on a Pod" - Episode 9 of the new series. Team
>Night Court vs. a podcaster. Just burning my way through the episodes.

Boring! The whole story and resolution seemed fake and Stephanie Weir (from
MADtv) seemed like she was being wasted. (What happened to her?)

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ud9rkf$2g9su$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201342&group=rec.arts.tv#201342

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 04:30:51 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:30 UTC

nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> Night Court - "Two Peas on a Pod" - Episode 9 of the new series. Team
>>> Night Court vs. a podcaster. Just burning my way through the episodes.
>>
>>What's interesting about that one is that the podcaster is played by
>>Stephnie Weir of "MadTV" fame - and she looks so old now!!
>
>Looks like she has one of those tight skinned faces that won't age
>well.

I thought she visited Nancy Pelosi's plastic surgeon.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<ud9rq8$2g9su$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201343&group=rec.arts.tv#201343

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 04:30:52 -0400

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
>STARS ON MARS
>The finale was completely uninteresting. I'll flush out the details. If
>anybody cares, but basically five of them were left and they got rid of two
>almost immediately and there was nobody left to root for. All it had
>going for it was The Shat. Who got to push the big unprotected series
>ending self-destruct button, which the AI admitted it had had to disconnect
>on the second day, because all the idiot contestants kept pushing it.

I bet Bing Bard's version was a lot more interesting.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<1287056048.715725155.023693.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201392&group=rec.arts.tv#201392

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 14:16:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 21:16 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> STARS ON MARS
>> The finale was completely uninteresting. I'll flush out the details. If
>> anybody cares, but basically five of them were left and they got rid of two
>> almost immediately and there was nobody left to root for. All it had
>> going for it was The Shat. Who got to push the big unprotected series
>> ending self-destruct button, which the AI admitted it had had to disconnect
>> on the second day, because all the idiot contestants kept pushing it.
>
> I bet Bing Bard's version was a lot more interesting.

If inaccurate and spoiler ridden.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<2095706152.715725271.322503.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201393&group=rec.arts.tv#201393

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 14:16:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 21:16 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 9/1/23 10:40 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Lots of stuff that hasn’t really been worse reporting on.
>
> I love this typo!! :)
>
>> ONLY MURDERERS IN THE BUILDING
>> Up through and including S03E05
>> EPISODE ONE OF THE SERIES WAS PROMISING, BUT EACH EPISODE HAS BEEN ABOUT
>> HALF AS GOOD AS THE ONE BEFORE SO BY THE TIME YOU GET TO EPISODE FIVE IT’S
>> POINTLESS TO CONTINUE. THEY SEEM TO BE GOING META ABOUT THEIR FORMAT, BEING
>> UNABLE TO SUSTAIN ITSELF AND THE LAST EPISODE WAS JUST UNATTRACTIVE OLD
>> PEOPLE HAVING SEX.
>>
>> OMG, FOR NO REASON I UNDERSTAND THAT WAS NOT ALL CAPS AND JUST SUDDENLY
>> BECAME. ALL caps.
>
> I think on Reddit they were expressing (strong?) disappointment with
> season #3.

Then they’re getting it right.

>> Speech to text has gone amok.
>> [snip]
>> STARS ON MARS
>> The finale was completely uninteresting. I’ll flush out the details. If
>> anybody cares, but basically five of them were left and they got rid of two
>> almost immediately and there was nobody left to route for. All it had
>> going for it was The Shat. Who got to push the big unprotected series
>> ending self-destruct button, which the AI admitted it had had to disconnect
>> on the second day, because all the idiot contestants kept pushing it.
>
> OK, so who "won"? Based on who was left, I think Rhonda would be the
> only one I was rooting for.

Ronda was long gone. Adam, the extremely flamboyant ice skater won.

The final five were
Adam
Cat Cora
Tinashe
Paul
Porsha

Of those, I was rooting for Cat or Tinashe. They immediately got rid of Cat
and Paul.
Now this was a problem for me, because at this point, I am pretty much
basing who I want to win on the confessionals. And Cat and Tinashe and Paul
came across fine in the confessionals while the others were all idiots. So
pretty much I’m down to Tinashe. Although Adam was arguably the strongest
player, but in the confessionals, he just talks about having diarrhea and
holding it in because he’s wearing white and that the only reason he wants
to win is because he loves collecting patches and his voice goes up three
octaves.

Then they announce that the grand prize is you get to send a personal
message back to earth.
Well that’s enough to want Adam out the airlock. And Porsche even more so.
So Tinashé is all that’s left.

But basically, I didn’t care at all anymore.

> Did they ever bring back horrible Ariel Winter?!

Only in flashbacks to “previously on this season“
They only showed flashbacks of her that were humiliating. But then I doubt
they had any clips of her that weren’t humiliating.

Interestingly, the previously on segment contains an enormous close-up of
Porsches gigantic mouth in her space helmet as she screamed BYE
MOTHERFUCKERS!
They put “bleep” in the subtitles, but they did not mute the audio. I
wonder if this will go down as the first instance of someone screaming
MOTHERFUCKERS on network TV?

>> Mostly though I am powering through marvels agents of shield because I’ve
>> never seen season four and I think I better watch it now before Disney+
>> goes out of business.
>
> Smart plan - I am hoping Charter/Spectrum pulling all of Disney's cable
> channels off their system will help push Disney into bankruptcy!!

I am in the middle of season four, the season I didn’t watch.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-08-31 (Thursday)

<1786934351.715727429.814093.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201394&group=rec.arts.tv#201394

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 14:16:33 -0700

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> Stargate SG-1 S10E18 'Talion' (Disc)
> "The SGC is contacted by Jacek, who says he has valuable information for
> them: he will give them the location of Arkad's store of Naquadah in
> return for asylum on Earth. Vala doesn't believe they should deal with
> the man whom she knows very well: he's her ne'er-do-well father who was
> absent for much of her life. His information proves to be correct, and
> Landry approves the deal. Jacek, however, is soon up to his old tricks
> running a telephone charity scam and bilking the old ladies in his
> building at bingo. Everyone on the team tries to keep him on the
> straight and narrow, for Vala's sake if for no other reason. Despite his
> promises, Jacek continues in his ways, but he soon has an opportunity to
> prove himself. Meanwhile, Vala's situation causes General Landry to
> review his own family situation."
>
> Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: So, what's the deal with the accent,
> or in your father's case, the lack thereof?
> Vala Mal Doran: Well, the accent, like most of my other good
> qualities, I got from my mother, my charm, my wit, my good looks.
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: What'd you get from your dad?
> Vala Mal Doran: Some minor food allergies.
>
> Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: [Carter and Vala are carrying
> shopping bags] So, what is this, girls' day out?
> Vala Mal Doran: Well, yes, if I'm going to integrate into Earth
> society, we thought it was very important that I immerse myself in the
> local cultural offerings.
> Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: Uh, and by "cultural offerings", you
> mean...
> Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: Pedicures, mochaccinos, and Victoria's
> Secret.
> (I see those dirty thoughts going thru your head! Not that Carter's
> naughty smile at the end of that helps....)
>
> [first lines]
> Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell: They cancelled it? Really? I didn't
> even know the new season had started.
>
> Teal'c: May I offer you a word of advice?
> Jacek: Any input that would help me better myself would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Teal'c: Perhaps three words: be less annoying.
>
> Trivia: At the end of the episode Teal'c is at a viewing of the Vagina
> Monologues.

His reaction is great. :)

> The part of Jacek was written specifically for Fred Willard after he
> expressed an interest in appearing on the show.

That’s cool.

> Commentary. Executive Producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.
> People online were "always" complaining about the civilian outfits that
> Carter and Vala would wear when not in uniform because it made them look
> horrible. (Dafuq?)

+1

Amanda and Claudia chose their own outfits. o_O
> Dr. Lam was missing from a number of episodes because Shanks knocked
> Lexa Doig up!

Again?!?

Its not in the trivia but this was Lexa Doig's last
> appearance in SG-1.

:(

Claudia Black was forbidden to wear hair curlers in
> her scene with Beau Bridges as she suggested. She did it anyways. The
> commentators comment on this demonstrating how much power they have on
> the show. They had difficulty casting Landry's ex-wife/Lam's mother.

Why? It’s not like she had much to do or we even got much of a look at
her. There had to be plenty of attractive Asian actresses in their 50s.

> By this point the briefing room table was a battered wreck with chips
> and scratches that could only be shot from a few angles without it being
> obvious how beat up it was.

Ugh