No evil can happen to a good man. -- Plato

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Dharma Bums

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Dharma BumsZod
+* Re: Dharma BumsW.Dockery
|`- Re: Dharma BumsGeneral-Zod
+- Re: Dharma BumsW-Dockery
+* Re: Dharma BumsW.Dockery
|`* Re: Dharma BumsGeneral-Zod
| +- Re: Dharma BumsW-Dockery
| `* Re: Dharma BumsW.Dockery
|  `- Re: Dharma BumsGeneral-Zod
+- Re: Dharma BumsW.Dockery
`- Re: Dharma BumsW.Dockery

1
Re: Dharma Bums

<4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201526&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201526

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 13:37:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Dharma Bums
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:37 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:
> Hieronymous Corey wrote:

> > > The poet Gary Snyder was the model for a Dharma Bum.
> >
> > The book is a FICTIONALIZED account
> No shit, Sherlock.
> > You do understand what FICTION is, don’t you?
> > Dharma Bums is a work of FICTION. There are
> > no REAL Dharma Bums, and there never were.
> Yes there were, as there is an account of groups of young people appearing at Kerouac's Florida home calling themselves "Dharma Bums". I've read this in Kerouac biographies, and I'm not sure if this has gone online yet or not... either way, it just has, right here.
>
> ;)

Isn't this who Robert Burroughs referred to...?

Re: Dharma Bums

<1dcb270c801d55b55bdfb39443eac237@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201735&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201735

Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 20:57:40 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 20:57 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Hieronymous Corey wrote:

>> > The book is a FICTIONALIZED account
>> No shit, Sherlock.
>> > You do understand what FICTION is, don’t you?
>> > Dharma Bums is a work of FICTION. There are
>> > no REAL Dharma Bums, and there never were.
>> Yes there were, as there is an account of groups of young people appearing at Kerouac's Florida home calling themselves "Dharma Bums". I've read this in Kerouac biographies, and I'm not sure if this has gone online yet or not... either way, it just has, right here.
>>
>> ;)

> Isn't this who Robert Burroughs referred to...?

Probably not.

:)

Re: Dharma Bums

<2ed4dbbe1c835aae53f2889937aacd00@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=202526&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#202526

Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 21:43:58 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com> <1dcb270c801d55b55bdfb39443eac237@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 21:43 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> No shit, Sherlock.
>>> Yes there were, as there is an account of groups of young people appearing at Kerouac's Florida home calling themselves "Dharma Bums". I've read this in Kerouac biographies, and I'm not sure if this has gone online yet or not... either way, it just has, right here.
>>>
>>> ;)

>> Isn't this who Robert Burroughs referred to...?

> Probably not.

> :)

What happened to Robert...?

I notice he does not post here any more....?

Re: Dharma Bums

<db1a8c0346b26347c7df1f82c9d57dc2@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203465&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#203465

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 20:51:04 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 20:51 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Hieronymous Corey wrote:

>> > The book is a FICTIONALIZED account
>> No shit, Sherlock.
>> > You do understand what FICTION is, don’t you?
>> > Dharma Bums is a work of FICTION. There are
>> > no REAL Dharma Bums, and there never were.
>> Yes there were, as there is an account of groups of young people appearing at Kerouac's Florida home calling themselves "Dharma Bums". I've read this in Kerouac biographies, and I'm not sure if this has gone online yet or not... either way, it just has, right here.
>>
>> ;)

> Isn't this who Robert Burroughs referred to...?

Again, I doubt it.

Re: Dharma Bums

<96a2b52f1e865047a07913e75e42f00f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203792&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#203792

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 19:57:10 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 19:57 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Hieronymous Corey wrote:

>> > The book is a FICTIONALIZED account
>> No shit, Sherlock.
>> > You do understand what FICTION is, don’t you?
>> > Dharma Bums is a work of FICTION. There are
>> > no REAL Dharma Bums, and there never were.
>> Yes there were, as there is an account of groups of young people appearing at Kerouac's Florida home calling themselves "Dharma Bums". I've read this in Kerouac biographies, and I'm not sure if this has gone online yet or not... either way, it just has, right here.
>>
>> ;)

> Isn't this who Robert Burroughs referred to...?

In what context?

Re: Dharma Bums

<5b6d4131e1d5d0665566f61d60aaf42a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204297&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#204297

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 20:03:33 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com> <96a2b52f1e865047a07913e75e42f00f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 20:03 UTC

WillDockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> No shit, Sherlock.
>>> Yes there were, as there is an account of groups of young people appearing at Kerouac's Florida home calling themselves "Dharma Bums". I've read this in Kerouac biographies, and I'm not sure if this has gone online yet or not... either way, it just has, right here.
>>>
>>> ;)

>> Isn't this who Robert Burroughs referred to...?

> In what context?

In the context of DHARMA BUMS...!

Re: Dharma Bums

<a1b80cad910bd8d3c7991b17420e72e7@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206623&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#206623

Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 11:38:32 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com> <96a2b52f1e865047a07913e75e42f00f@news.novabbs.com> <5b6d4131e1d5d0665566f61d60aaf42a@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 11:38 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> WillDockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> Isn't this who Robert Burroughs referred to...?

>> In what context?

> In the context of DHARMA BUMS...!

Okay, maybe.

Re: Dharma Bums

<ecbff2145883064287ab8e6d5aedadf2@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=224176&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#224176

Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 12:04:52 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 12:04 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Hieronymous Corey wrote:

>> > The book is a FICTIONALIZED account
>> No shit, Sherlock.
>> > You do understand what FICTION is, don’t you?
>> > Dharma Bums is a work of FICTION. There are
>> > no REAL Dharma Bums, and there never were.
>> Yes there were, as there is an account of groups of young people appearing at Kerouac's Florida home calling themselves "Dharma Bums". I've read this in Kerouac biographies, and I'm not sure if this has gone online yet or not... either way, it just has, right here.
>>
>> ;)

> Isn't this who Robert Burroughs referred to...?

I'm not sure but probably not.

Re: Dharma Bums

<27109a81373bb973ab9bd91113b3f7a1@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=225261&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#225261

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 16:00:00 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 16:00 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Hieronymous Corey wrote:

>> > The book is a FICTIONALIZED account
>> No shit, Sherlock.
>> > You do understand what FICTION is, don’t you?
>> > Dharma Bums is a work of FICTION. There are
>> > no REAL Dharma Bums, and there never were.
>> Yes there were, as there is an account of groups of young people appearing at Kerouac's Florida home calling themselves "Dharma Bums". I've read this in Kerouac biographies, and I'm not sure if this has gone online yet or not... either way, it just has, right here.

Again, good find.

Re: Dharma Bums

<5896855ddbf2269dff9a75a22673d0cd@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=225921&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#225921

Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 13:01:27 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com> <96a2b52f1e865047a07913e75e42f00f@news.novabbs.com> <5b6d4131e1d5d0665566f61d60aaf42a@news.novabbs.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 13:01 UTC

Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Hieronymous Corey wrote:

Good morning, my friend.

Re: Dharma Bums

<6d2d07554b48f62ab2348c60fd364259@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247307&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247307

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:34:25 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <qtgrva$vob$1@novabbs.com> <2ceab6f2-76bb-4802-a0a8-4ed212dec053@googlegroups.com> <56aaeb6a-50eb-458b-abc1-186e70cde8ad@googlegroups.com> <6cc4c7c3-f65e-48ae-a114-6f5598ef6f0e@googlegroups.com> <cca011db-0f9d-4bf6-9a92-2e5e42cc369b@googlegroups.com> <89d405f2-d4ea-4179-8940-590b302b2bc4@googlegroups.com> <881dde2e-c3fe-41ec-b68b-6054f548613f@googlegroups.com> <6a050fe2-8389-4e4a-95ba-cfe4d2a5929a@googlegroups.com> <98a0c069-b83b-4716-acee-eee16bd59f16@googlegroups.com> <ccecfe9c-0be9-45b0-9060-1a7976940959@googlegroups.com> <2bf659d0-06f3-4d42-85cd-f7e6ee790198@googlegroups.com> <4fbc6e2d-01ad-48f4-819b-8f20e44a18f7n@googlegroups.com> <96a2b52f1e865047a07913e75e42f00f@news.novabbs.com> <5b6d4131e1d5d0665566f61d60aaf42a@news.novabbs.com> <5896855ddbf2269dff9a75a22673d0cd@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:34 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:

> Good morning, my friend.