"Arguments with furniture are rarely productive." -- Kehlog Albran, "The Profit"

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

SubjectAuthor
* 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinJordy C
+* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinZod
|+* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinWill Dockery
||`* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinJordy C
|| `* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinWill Dockery
||  `* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinJordy C
||   `- Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinMichael Pendragon
|`* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinMichael Pendragon
| `* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinZod
|  +- Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinWill Dockery
|  `* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinGeorge Dance
|   +- Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinGeneral-Zod
|   `- Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinWill Dockery
`* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinWill Dockery
 `* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinJordy C
  `* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinWill Dockery
   `* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinMichael Pendragon
    +* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinW-Dockery
    |`* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinGeorge Dunce
    | `* Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinWill Dockery
    |  `- Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinME
    `- Re: 5 Poems-Lyn LifshinGeneral-Zod

1
5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<7c89d8ab-84d7-4b7f-94b9-5ddf9e601036n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200721&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200721

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:00:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin
From: jdchase...@gmail.com (Jordy C)
 by: Jordy C - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 20:00 UTC

https://peacockjournal.com/lyn-lifshin-five-poems/

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<35ba5dbf-571b-4929-8ccf-a827ec5544a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200744&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200744

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:49:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 21:49 UTC

On Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 3:00:42 PM UTC-5, Jordy C wrote:

> https://peacockjournal.com/lyn-lifshin-five-poems/

I remember Lyn Lifshin from the small press chapbook days, R.I.P.

https://deathatthefleacircus.wordpress.com/2019/12/13/r-i-p-small-press-poet-lyn-lifshin/

*********** R. I. P. Small Press Poet Lyn Lifshin
Posted on December 13, 2019 by David Barker
Yesterday I read on Facebook the sad news that legendary small press poet Lyn Lifshin had died at age 77. Like Kate Braverman who passed away in October of this year, Lyn was one of the writers who defined an era for me. I remember in the 1960s and ’70s how you couldn’t pick up a small press poetry magazine without finding at least one poem by Lifshin in it, and they were always good. She was everywhere in the small press, which was how she gained the unofficial title of “Queen of the Small Press” or “Queen of the Lit Mags.” In those pre-Internet day, it wasn’t a simple task to locate and submit to little magazines. They were difficult to find out about. There was no Google search. You might see an ad or listing for a new magazine (or one you didn’t know about) in another small press publication, or you might find it in Len Fulton’s annual International Directory of Little Magazines & Small Presses. Failing those options, maybe a fellow poet would tell you about a new magazine they’d discovered. Then you would make copies of your poems, write a cover letter to the editor, send off your poems including a Self Addressed Stamped Envelop for the editor’s reply and/or return of the poems, and wait months or years for an acceptance or rejection. I can’t imagine how much Lyn must have spent on postage stamps, Xerox copies, and envelops submitting her work all over the place. She was dedicated to writing good poems and getting them published.

I Googled her name and the word “dead” (which always brings up obituaries) and found no stories in major newspapers announcing her death — just a few short notices on blogs. I guess the world doesn’t care much about small press poets, but to me, she was a major icon. I only have a couple of her books: Upstate Madonna: Poems 1970-1974 (The Crossing Press, 1975) and Madonna Who Shifts for Herself (Applezaba Press, 1983), both of which are pictured below. The name “Applezaba” brings back an odd memory for me: they had accepted a book of my poems, we had signed a contract, but for a reason I never knew or have since forgotten, the book never happened. This was in the 1970s, I think. That’s common in the small press, planned books don’t get published, and I didn’t worry about it.

Now that she’s passed into history, I would like to locate a few more of Lyn Lifshin’s chapbooks, and reread the two that I do have. She was a class act. I didn’t know her personally, and never corresponded with her, but I did see her read twice at the college I attended. This would have been in the late 1960s or early 1970s. I may have news clippings about those events, and if I find them, I’ll add a note to this blog with the details. Meanwhile, I hope at least one major news source announces her death. She deserves to be remembered. In a blurb on the back cover of Upstate Madonna, Bill Knott wrote “Lyn Lifshin is one of the best young poets in the U.S.A.” I agreed then, and I agree now. *************

Sad to see her go...

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<1ca7857f-3cbc-46aa-8829-ce7ffc0b4d5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200771&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200771

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 14:54:23 -0800 (PST)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 22:54 UTC

On Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 4:49:14 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> [...]
>
> Now that she’s passed into history, I would like to locate a few more of Lyn Lifshin’s chapbooks, and reread the two that I do have. She was a class act. I didn’t know her personally, and never corresponded with her, but I did see her read twice at the college I attended. This would have been in the late 1960s or early 1970s. I may have news clippings about those events, and if I find them, I’ll add a note to this blog with the details. Meanwhile, I hope at least one major news source announces her death. She deserves to be remembered. In a blurb on the back cover of Upstate Madonna, Bill Knott wrote “Lyn Lifshin is one of the best young poets in the U.S.A.” I agreed then, and I agree now. *************

Yes, I remember Lyn from those great days, as well.

Good find, Jordy.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<5b5eb6d0-d764-4ab9-91c4-240b61bd0f47n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200915&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200915

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 07:42:02 -0800 (PST)
From: jdchase...@gmail.com (Jordy C)
 by: Jordy C - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 15:42 UTC

On Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 5:54:25 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Now that she’s passed into history, I would like to locate a few more of Lyn Lifshin’s chapbooks, and reread the two that I do have. She was a class act. I didn’t know her personally, and never corresponded with her, but I did see her read twice at the college I attended. This would have been in the late 1960s or early 1970s. I may have news clippings about those events, and if I find them, I’ll add a note to this blog with the details. Meanwhile, I hope at least one major news source announces her death. She deserves to be remembered. In a blurb on the back cover of Upstate Madonna, Bill Knott wrote “Lyn Lifshin is one of the best young poets in the U.S.A.” I agreed then, and I agree now. *************
> >
> > Sad to see her go...
> Yes, I remember Lyn from those great days, as well.

thank you, Will

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<56f6ee2b-15f9-4b75-a3bc-854e3c71f1ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200921&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200921

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 09:59:55 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 17:59 UTC

> [...]
>
> Now that she’s passed into history, I would like to locate a few more of Lyn Lifshin’s chapbooks, and reread the two that I do have. She was a class act. I didn’t know her personally, and never corresponded with her, but I did see her read twice at the college I attended. This would have been in the late 1960s or early 1970s. I may have news clippings about those events, and if I find them, I’ll add a note to this blog with the details. Meanwhile, I hope at least one major news source announces her death. She deserves to be remembered. In a blurb on the back cover of Upstate Madonna, Bill Knott wrote “Lyn Lifshin is one of the best young poets in the U.S.A.” I agreed then, and I agree now. *************

Um... Ms. Lifshin passed away over three years ago.

I realize that a Bharma Dum doesn't pay much attention to... anything... (apart from dumpsters, charity coffee, and exposing himself in public), but to those of us who are actually involved in the literary world, that's not exactly news.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<30bf3249-d825-4739-b2d6-595ba451b469n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200923&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200923

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 10:11:55 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 18:11 UTC

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 10:42:03 AM UTC-5, Jordy C wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Now that she’s passed into history, I would like to locate a few more of Lyn Lifshin’s chapbooks, and reread the two that I do have. She was a class act. I didn’t know her personally, and never corresponded with her, but I did see her read twice at the college I attended. This would have been in the late 1960s or early 1970s. I may have news clippings about those events, and if I find them, I’ll add a note to this blog with the details. Meanwhile, I hope at least one major news source announces her death. She deserves to be remembered. In a blurb on the back cover of Upstate Madonna, Bill Knott wrote “Lyn Lifshin is one of the best young poets in the U.S.A.” I agreed then, and I agree now. *************
> > >
> > > Sad to see her go...
> > Yes, I remember Lyn from those great days, as well.

Good afternoon my friend, great to see a friendly face here again.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<4783b040-27c0-45c9-8ced-974f881ee3dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200941&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200941

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 11:47:20 -0800 (PST)
From: jdchase...@gmail.com (Jordy C)
 by: Jordy C - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 19:47 UTC

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 1:11:57 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 10:42:03 AM UTC-5, Jordy C wrote:

> > > Yes, I remember Lyn from those great days, as well.
> > >
> > > Good find, Jordy.
> > thank you, Will
> Good afternoon my friend, great to see a friendly face here again.

Hola Will

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<b774871e-b522-4602-a220-fc6403995825n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200947&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200947

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:02:13 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 20:02 UTC

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 2:47:21 PM UTC-5, Jordy C wrote:
> On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 1:11:57 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > thank you, Will
> > Good afternoon my friend, great to see a friendly face here again.
> Hola Will

Lyn Lifshin was a talented poet, who appeared in several issues of "Penny Dreadful" and "Songs of Innocence & Experience," and I'll thank the "peanut gallery" to refrain from turning a thread in which the General has (belatedly) mentioned her passing into yet another tribute to the Three Stooges.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<41d709f2-fbc0-436d-8255-ac4557def6e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200960&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200960

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:14:28 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 20:14 UTC

Jordy C wrote:

> [...]
>> >
>> > Now that she’s passed into history, I would like to locate a few more of Lyn Lifshin’s chapbooks, and reread the two that I do have. She was a class act. I didn’t know her personally, and never corresponded with her, but I did see her read twice at the college I attended.. This would have been in the late 1960s or early 1970s. I may have news clippings about those events, and if I find them, I’ll add a note to this blog with the details. Meanwhile, I hope at least one major news source announces her death. She deserves to be remembered. In a blurb on the back cover of Upstate Madonna, Bill Knott wrote “Lyn Lifshin is one of the best young poets in the U.S.A.” I agreed then, and I agree now.. *************
>> >
>> > Sad to see her go...
>> Yes, I remember Lyn from those great days, as well.

Good afternoon, Jordy.

🙂

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<dec00c28-fa35-47a2-9530-22ba272e8e2an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200961&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200961

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:15:11 -0800 (PST)
From: jdchase...@gmail.com (Jordy C)
 by: Jordy C - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 20:15 UTC

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 3:14:29 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Jordy C wrote:

> >> Yes, I remember Lyn from those great days, as well.
> >>
> >> Good find, Jordy.
> > thank you, Will
> Good afternoon, Jordy.
>
> 🙂
Shalom Will

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<0f68a6dd-52fb-43d6-83c0-f00bde02ce00n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=200977&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#200977

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:58:41 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 20:58 UTC

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 12:59:57 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Now that she’s passed into history, I would like to locate a few more of Lyn Lifshin’s chapbooks, and reread the two that I do have. She was a class act. I didn’t know her personally, and never corresponded with her, but I did see her read twice at the college I attended. This would have been in the late 1960s or early 1970s. I may have news clippings about those events, and if I find them, I’ll add a note to this blog with the details. Meanwhile, I hope at least one major news source announces her death. She deserves to be remembered. In a blurb on the back cover of Upstate Madonna, Bill Knott wrote “Lyn Lifshin is one of the best young poets in the U.S.A.” I agreed then, and I agree now. *************
> >
> > Sad to see her go...
> Um... Ms. Lifshin passed away over three years ago.

So, I just did find out, Voodoo Boy....!

Again, to Jordy, great selection and thanks for leading to my discovery of Lyn's death...!

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<1dbc0bf5-ef3a-40cb-9544-e70fe87f7c33n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201009&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201009

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:14:42 -0800 (PST)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 23 Feb 2023 22:14 UTC

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 3:58:42 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Sad to see her go...
> > Um... Ms. Lifshin passed away over three years ago.
> So, I just did find out, Voodoo Boy....!
>
> Again, to Jordy, great selection and thanks for leading to my discovery of Lyn's death...!

Exactly, Zod.

I knew Lyn back in the 1980s small press but had lost contact with her through the years.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<bd446304-c3c5-4026-a6ab-cb9a20f70d13n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201048&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201048

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 19:05:28 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 03:05 UTC

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 3:15:12 PM UTC-5, Jordy C wrote:
> On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 3:14:29 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Jordy C wrote:

> > > thank you, Will
> > Good afternoon, Jordy.
> >

> Shalom Will

Hello again my friend.

🙂

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<02c2a764-43f3-47b5-b9d9-f09fde9fd5e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201071&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201071

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 05:28:36 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 13:28 UTC

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 10:05:29 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 3:15:12 PM UTC-5, Jordy C wrote:

> > > Good afternoon, Jordy.
> > >

> > Shalom Will
> Hello again my friend.
>
> 🙂

You act like you were friends with Ms. Lyfshin, yet you have no qualms about turning the General's tribute to her into a Three Stooges farce!

“Bray a fool in a mortar with wheat, yet shall not his folly be beaten out of him."
-- William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven & Hell."

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<93a22e309a4d182d222efe92539625ea@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201108&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201108

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 16:45:46 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 16:45 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 10:05:29 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Shalom Will
>> Hello again my friend.
>>
>> 🙂

> You act like you were friends with Ms. Lyfshin, yet you have no qualms about turning the General's tribute to her into a Three Stooges farce!

Look who's talking, here you are using the thread as an excuse to flame and attack, Pendragon.

HTH and HAND.

> “Bray a fool in a mortar with wheat, yet shall not his folly be beaten out of him."
> -- William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven & Hell."

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<35399b35-2180-4487-bfa9-a04021496198n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201112&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201112

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 09:03:02 -0800 (PST)
From: georgeme...@gmail.com (George Dunce)
 by: George Dunce - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 17:03 UTC

On Friday, February 24, 2023 at 11:50:15 AM UTC-5, W-Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:

> >> Hello again my friend.
> >>
> >> 🙂
>
> > You act like you were friends with Ms. Lyfshin, yet you have no qualms about turning the General's tribute to her into a Three Stooges farce!
> Look who's talking, here you are using the thread as an excuse to flame and attack, Pendragon.

I'm more than willing to let the thread end.

Out of respect for Lyn lyfshin, I suggest that you and your fellow Stooge impersonator do so as well.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<160c647b-0bd5-4c0a-b284-d368bcd7c8b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201113&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201113

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 09:09:32 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 17:09 UTC

On Friday, February 24, 2023 at 12:03:05 PM UTC-5, George Dunce wrote:
> On Friday, February 24, 2023 at 11:50:15 AM UTC-5, W-Dockery wrote:
> > Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > You act like you were friends with Ms. Lyfshin, yet you have no qualms about turning the General's tribute to her into a Three Stooges farce!
> > Look who's talking, here you are using the thread as an excuse to flame and attack, Pendragon.
> I'm more than willing to let the thread end.
>
> Out of respect for Lyn lyfshin

Okay, then let's do that.

HTH and HAND.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<aa30eb7e-676f-4a5e-9303-a30bcfacf11bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201114&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201114

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 09:12:17 -0800 (PST)
From: rivermut...@gmail.com (ME)
 by: ME - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 17:12 UTC

On Friday, 24 February 2023 at 12:09:35 UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Friday, February 24, 2023 at 12:03:05 PM UTC-5, George Dunce wrote:

> > > Look who's talking, here you are using the thread as an excuse to flame and attack, Pendragon.
> > I'm more than willing to let the thread end.
> >
> > Out of respect for Lyn lyfshin
> Okay, then let's do that.
>
> HTH and HAND.

That sounds like a good idea.
So be it.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<6f59ecca-ec80-4a7d-9050-5af05df42a8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201127&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201127

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 10:45:15 -0800 (PST)
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George Dance)
 by: George Dance - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 18:45 UTC

> [...]
> > >
> > > Sad to see her go...
> > Um... Ms. Lifshin passed away over three years ago.
> So, I just did find out, Voodoo Boy....!
>
> Again, to Jordy, great selection and thanks for leading to my discovery of Lyn's death...!

I appreciated reading both the poems Jordy posted and the biographical info you posted. Lifshin's one of the thousands of poets that i haven't encountered before. Googling the aapc archives, I see that her name's been mentioned her for years, stretching right back to 1997, but this is the first time she's had a thread dedicated to her work.

With that in mind, I'll break off now. I have a few other things to add, but I think it might be better to add over an extended period, to keep the thread alive.

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<cdfeffd203bfbdaa7fa41ad62e205314@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201170&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201170

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 20:52:51 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 20:52 UTC

George Dance wrote:

> On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 3:58:42 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

>> > Um... Ms. Lifshin passed away over three years ago.
>> So, I just did find out, Voodoo Boy....!
>>
>> Again, to Jordy, great selection and thanks for leading to my discovery of Lyn's death...!

> I appreciated reading both the poems Jordy posted and the biographical info you posted. Lifshin's one of the thousands of poets that i haven't encountered before. Googling the aapc archives, I see that her name's been mentioned her for years, stretching right back to 1997, but this is the first time she's had a thread dedicated to her work.

> With that in mind, I'll break off now. I have a few other things to add, but I think it might be better to add over an extended period, to keep the thread alive.

Hi there G.D. definitely agreed and seconded... L.L. is a poet well worth remembering....!

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<7b368c566fa1dc85784a1d96cd3cad98@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201550&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201550

Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:27:51 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:27 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 10:05:29 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Shalom Will
>> Hello again my friend.
>>
>> 🙂

> You act like you were friends with Ms. Lyfshin,

Yet you can't even spell he name correctly, Penhead... ha ha.

> yet you have no qualms about turning the General's tribute to her

Which YOU have disrespected, Penhead...!

Re: 5 Poems-Lyn Lifshin

<97dc5462-3e7b-4ef0-8539-1504dc9b3274n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201581&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#201581

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 18:05:10 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 02:05 UTC

On Friday, February 24, 2023 at 1:45:17 PM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:
> On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 3:58:42 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

> > > Um... Ms. Lifshin passed away over three years ago.
> > So, I just did find out, Voodoo Boy....!
> >
> > Again, to Jordy, great selection and thanks for leading to my discovery of Lyn's death...!
> I appreciated reading both the poems Jordy posted and the biographical info you posted. Lifshin's one of the thousands of poets that i haven't encountered before. Googling the aapc archives, I see that her name's been mentioned her for years, stretching right back to 1997, but this is the first time she's had a thread dedicated to her work.
>
> With that in mind, I'll break off now. I have a few other things to add, but I think it might be better to add over an extended period, to keep the thread alive.

Good evening, George, well put.