A fool and your money are soon partners.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What is up with IMDB?

SubjectAuthor
* What is up with IMDB?shawn
+- Re: What is up with IMDB?anim8rfsk
+* Re: What is up with IMDB?Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: What is up with IMDB?Ian J. Ball
||`- Re: What is up with IMDB?shawn
|`- Re: What is up with IMDB?Dimensional Traveler
`* Re: What is up with IMDB?FPP
 `* Re: What is up with IMDB?FPP
  `* Re: What is up with IMDB?shawn
   +- Re: What is up with IMDB?Ian J. Ball
   `- Re: What is up with IMDB?FPP

1
What is up with IMDB?

<ed0mfi98ndblf3k5k74m0kd13j66kca94d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201604&group=rec.arts.tv#201604

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What is up with IMDB?
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 07:17:17 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 11:17 UTC

I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.

Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<929470433.715871212.052440.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201619&group=rec.arts.tv#201619

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What is up with IMDB?
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 06:12:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 13:12 UTC

> I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
> odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
> had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
> been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
> writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
> the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.

Works fine here, in the IMDb app on the iPhone.

The first tab is 79 entries for “actress“. Last entry from 2019.

> Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
> which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
> entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<udf8nk$3fk2k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201622&group=rec.arts.tv#201622

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 06:48:36 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 13:48 UTC

On 9/8/23 4:17 AM, shawn wrote:

> I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
> odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
> had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
> been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
> writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
> the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.
>
> Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
> which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
> entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.

shawn, on a web browser, I am seeing the same thing – there are no
"actor" entries for Gilbert.
(However, like Anim said, you can see them in the phone app.)

However, when I go to "Correct/Delete" her 'Actress' entries, they *are*
there.

So, for some reason, they just aren't displaying.

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<udf9cm$3fk2k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201624&group=rec.arts.tv#201624

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 06:59:50 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 13:59 UTC

On 9/8/23 6:48 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 9/8/23 4:17 AM, shawn wrote:
>
>> I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
>> odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
>> had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
>> been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
>> writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
>> the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.
>>
>> Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
>> which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
>> entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.
>
> shawn, on a web browser, I am seeing the same thing – there are no
> "actor" entries for Gilbert.
> (However, like Anim said, you can see them in the phone app.)
>
> However, when I go to "Correct/Delete" her 'Actress' entries, they *are*
> there.
>
> So, for some reason, they just aren't displaying.

More here:

https://community-imdb.sprinklr.com/conversations/imdbcom/credits-missing/64fb16e52074f313ba2354ca

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<udf9nk$3ftr6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201625&group=rec.arts.tv#201625

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 10:05:38 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 14:05 UTC

On 9/8/23 7:17 AM, shawn wrote:
> I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
> odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
> had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
> been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
> writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
> the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.
>
> Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
> which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
> entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.

On Safari for Mac, I see a tab for Actress that lists 79 credits, in the
usual chronological order.

Glitch on your end? I also see the same thing in Firefox - but I
noticed there are multiple entries under that name. You have to pick
the one that starts with "Little House...".

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<udf9po$3ftr6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201626&group=rec.arts.tv#201626

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 10:06:48 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 14:06 UTC

On 9/8/23 10:05 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 9/8/23 7:17 AM, shawn wrote:
>> I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
>> odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
>> had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
>> been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
>> writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
>> the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.
>>
>> Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
>> which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
>> entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.
>>

> On Safari for Mac, I see a tab for Actress that lists 79 credits, in the
> usual chronological order.
>
> Glitch on your end?  I also see the same thing in Firefox -  but I
> noticed there are multiple entries under that name.  You have to pick
> the one that starts with "Little House...".

See:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001271/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_q_melissa%2520gil

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<7tcmfidvel5hq3qe7j49r0pt812dhjcdil@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201629&group=rec.arts.tv#201629

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 10:47:19 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 14:47 UTC

On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 06:59:50 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 9/8/23 6:48 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 9/8/23 4:17 AM, shawn wrote:
>>
>>> I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
>>> odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
>>> had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
>>> been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
>>> writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
>>> the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.
>>>
>>> Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
>>> which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
>>> entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.
>>
>> shawn, on a web browser, I am seeing the same thing – there are no
>> "actor" entries for Gilbert.
>> (However, like Anim said, you can see them in the phone app.)
>>
>> However, when I go to "Correct/Delete" her 'Actress' entries, they *are*
>> there.
>>
>> So, for some reason, they just aren't displaying.
>
>More here:
>
>https://community-imdb.sprinklr.com/conversations/imdbcom/credits-missing/64fb16e52074f313ba2354ca

Good to see that they are aware of the problem. I didn't check a bunch
of actors so I thought maybe it was just Melissa's page that was
missing the acting roles since Bruce's page had them. Apparently it's
a much more wide spread issue but only with the non-mobile pages.

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<02dmfitvkj2v1eqagfm87m2nav50npsio1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201630&group=rec.arts.tv#201630

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 10:49:00 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 14:49 UTC

On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 10:06:48 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 9/8/23 10:05 AM, FPP wrote:
>> On 9/8/23 7:17 AM, shawn wrote:
>>> I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
>>> odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
>>> had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
>>> been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
>>> writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
>>> the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.
>>>
>>> Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
>>> which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
>>> entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.
>>>

>> On Safari for Mac, I see a tab for Actress that lists 79 credits, in the
>> usual chronological order.
>>
>> Glitch on your end?  I also see the same thing in Firefox -  but I
>> noticed there are multiple entries under that name.  You have to pick
>> the one that starts with "Little House...".
>>

>See:
>https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001271/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_q_melissa%2520gil

They've apparently fixed it now. I guess I was just lucky to visit
IMDB while it was broken.

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<udfd4b$3g8jh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201632&group=rec.arts.tv#201632

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 08:03:39 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 15:03 UTC

On 9/8/23 7:49 AM, shawn wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 10:06:48 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> On Safari for Mac, I see a tab for Actress that lists 79 credits, in the
>>> usual chronological order.
>>>
>>> Glitch on your end?  I also see the same thing in Firefox -  but I
>>> noticed there are multiple entries under that name.  You have to pick
>>> the one that starts with "Little House...".
>>>

>> See:
>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001271/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_q_melissa%2520gil
>
> They've apparently fixed it now. I guess I was just lucky to visit
> IMDB while it was broken.

Confirmed: looks fixed now.

Still, appears that for at least a couple of hours the web browser
display was f***ed up! on a bunch of IMDb entries.

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<udfgbr$3gpcq$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201639&group=rec.arts.tv#201639

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 08:58:52 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 15:58 UTC

On 9/8/2023 6:48 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 9/8/23 4:17 AM, shawn wrote:
>
>> I was just at IMDB looking for something when I noticed something very
>> odd. I was looking at the page for Melissa Gilbert, wondering what she
>> had been doing lately. I couldn't find the list of TV/movies she had
>> been in. There were entries for her appearances as her self, as a
>> writer and director, but other than the pictures and a short list of
>> the latest projects no entries for her long TV/film career.
>>
>> Now looking at Bruce Boxleitner I do see an entry for him under actor
>> which has his numerous appearances. So it looks like Melissa Gilbert's
>> entry for "actor" is missing. Which is very odd.
>
> shawn, on a web browser, I am seeing the same thing – there are no
> "actor" entries for Gilbert.
> (However, like Anim said, you can see them in the phone app.)
>
> However, when I go to "Correct/Delete" her 'Actress' entries, they *are*
> there.
>
> So, for some reason, they just aren't displaying.

Her actress credits show up for me on Firefox.

dirty old man.

Re: What is up with IMDB?

<udg5jn$3nlqk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201667&group=rec.arts.tv#201667

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 18:01:27 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 22:01 UTC

On 9/8/23 10:49 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 10:06:48 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> On Safari for Mac, I see a tab for Actress that lists 79 credits, in the
>>> usual chronological order.
>>>
>>> Glitch on your end?  I also see the same thing in Firefox -  but I
>>> noticed there are multiple entries under that name.  You have to pick
>>> the one that starts with "Little House...".
>>>

>> See:
>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001271/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_q_melissa%2520gil
>
> They've apparently fixed it now. I guess I was just lucky to visit
> IMDB while it was broken.

I've found 90% of everything is timing. I used to futz around with
settings (like email) only to find that waiting and doing nothing works
the best in almost every tech situation.

If there's a real problem, it won't go away.