Accept people for what they are -- completely unacceptable.

arts / rec.arts.tv / OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

SubjectAuthor
* OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamDavid Dalton
+* Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamDavid Dalton
|+- Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamW.Dockery
|+- Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamW.Dockery
|`- Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamGeneral-Zod
+* Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamW.Dockery
|`* Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamDavid Dalton
| +- Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamGeneral-Zod
| `* Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamW.Dockery
|  `* Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamGeneral-Zod
|   `- Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamW.Dockery
`- Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit LivestreamW.Dockery

1
OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<0001HW.2AAC02AE00B210C270000D44438F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201676&group=rec.arts.tv#201676

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.druid, alt.atheism, alt.buddha.short.fat.guy, alt.philosophy.taoism, rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 23:02:30 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 01:32 UTC

I’m watching a live stream benefit concert at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs .

I don’t know if there will be a recording available at that
link after the concert is over.

Here are the details:

"Special musical livestream event supporting the Hawaii Community
Foundation's #MauiStrongFund, which provides financial resources
towards the immediate and long-term recovery needs of the people
& places affected by the Maui wildfires."

"And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand” (Ferron)

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<0001HW.2AAC0C0600B4413F70000D44438F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201678&group=rec.arts.tv#201678

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.druid, alt.atheism, alt.buddha.short.fat.guy, alt.philosophy.taoism, rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 23:42:22 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 02:12 UTC

On Sep 8, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AAC02AE00B210C270000D44438F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> I’m watching a live stream benefit concert at
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs .
>
> I don’t know if there will be a recording available at that
> link after the concert is over.
>
> Here are the details:
>
> "Special musical livestream event supporting the Hawaii Community
> Foundation's #MauiStrongFund, which provides financial resources
> towards the immediate and long-term recovery needs of the people
> & places affected by the Maui wildfires.”
The live concert is now over, and it does seem that a recording
of the two hour concert is available at the above link (I am
now watching the first 15 minutes that I had missed).

"And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand” (Ferron)

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<262897859f3ccdc5ba80f4ed385b8104@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201679&group=rec.arts.tv#201679

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 02:15:32 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 02:15 UTC

On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 10:12:25 PM UTC-4, David Dalton wrote:
> On Sep 8, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AAC02AE00...@news.eternal-september.org>):
> > I’m watching a live stream benefit concert at
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs .
> >
> > I don’t know if there will be a recording available at that
> > link after the concert is over.
> >
> > Here are the details:
> >
> > "Special musical livestream event supporting the Hawaii Community
> > Foundation's #MauiStrongFund, which provides financial resources
> > towards the immediate and long-term recovery needs of the people
> > & places affected by the Maui wildfires.”
> The live concert is now over, and it does seem that a recording
> of the two hour concert is available at the above link (I am
> now watching the first 15 minutes that I had missed).
> --
> https://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html Salmon on the Thorns (mystic page)
> "And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
> And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand” (Ferron)

What was the lineup of performers?

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<0001HW.2AAC22CB00B86B7A70000D44438F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201682&group=rec.arts.tv#201682

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 01:19:31 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 03:49 UTC

On Sep 8, 2023, W.Dockery wrote
(in article<262897859f3ccdc5ba80f4ed385b8104@news.novabbs.com>):

> On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 10:12:25 PM UTC-4, David Dalton wrote:
> > On Sep 8, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> > (in article<0001HW.2AAC02AE00...@news.eternal-september.org>):
> > > I’m watching a live stream benefit concert at
> > >
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs .
> > >
> > > I don’t know if there will be a recording available at that
> > > link after the concert is over.
> > >
> > > Here are the details:
> > >
> > > "Special musical livestream event supporting the Hawaii Community
> > > Foundation's #MauiStrongFund, which provides financial resources
> > > towards the immediate and long-term recovery needs of the people
> > > & places affected by the Maui wildfires.”

> > The live concert is now over, and it does seem that a recording
> > of the two hour concert is available at the above link (I am
> > now watching the first 15 minutes that I had missed).
>
> What was the lineup of performers?

Here it is, though it wasn’t strictly in this order:

Artist Lineup:
Ziggy Marley
Gretchen Rhodes
Mick Fleetwood
Uncle George Kahumoku Jr.
Kai Lenny
Benny Uyetake
Stewart Copeland
Lukas Nelson
Skunk Baxter
Jimmy Jam
Ryan Bingham
Nathaniel Rateliff
Sarah McLachlan
Fred Armisen
Kerry Brown
LL Cool J
Elvis Mitchell
Slim Jim Phantom
Matthew Pinfield

That list can also be obtained by clicking on “...more” in
the video description below the video, and there links
to the artists’ social media sites are given to the right
of each name.

There are also segments of talk in between the artists,
and the advantage of the recording is that you can
skip over those if you want to, which would probably make
the video one hour instead of two hours.

I found out about it through Sarah McLachlan’s official Facebook
page. She did the song I Will Remember You.

“But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night You gave me
everything you had, oh you gave me light.”

"And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand” (Ferron)

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<f3aa56be1df9eca7575747710287bcd7@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201691&group=rec.arts.tv#201691

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 07:57:34 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 07:57 UTC

Looks like quite a show, David.

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<9ec413908eecfa050a52d76e25f30e14@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201699&group=rec.arts.tv#201699

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 09:44:46 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 09:44 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AAC02AE00B210C270000D44438F@news.eternal-september.org>):

>> I’m watching a live stream benefit concert at
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs .
>>
>> I don’t know if there will be a recording available at that
>> link after the concert is over.
>>
>> Here are the details:
>>
>> "Special musical livestream event supporting the Hawaii Community
>> Foundation's #MauiStrongFund, which provides financial resources
>> towards the immediate and long-term recovery needs of the people
>> & places affected by the Maui wildfires.”
> The live concert is now over, and it does seem that a recording
> of the two hour concert is available at the above link (I am
> now watching the first 15 minutes that I had missed).

Having a look now, a lot of favorite music makers I remember well.

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<5567f1adeacc03ec6baa361d1e47720d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201759&group=rec.arts.tv#201759

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 21:03:40 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 21:03 UTC

Quite interesting, I thank...

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<f32a92b52f11ea0ad6c1b8f942ed990b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=202001&group=rec.arts.tv#202001

Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 17:18:29 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 17:18 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2023, W.Dockery wrote
> (in article<262897859f3ccdc5ba80f4ed385b8104@news.novabbs.com>):

>> On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 10:12:25 PM UTC-4, David Dalton wrote:
>> > On Sep 8, 2023, David Dalton wrote
>> > (in article<0001HW.2AAC02AE00...@news.eternal-september.org>):

>> > The live concert is now over, and it does seem that a recording
>> > of the two hour concert is available at the above link (I am
>> > now watching the first 15 minutes that I had missed).
>>
>> What was the lineup of performers?

> Here it is, though it wasn’t strictly in this order:

> Artist Lineup:
> Ziggy Marley
> Gretchen Rhodes
> Mick Fleetwood
> Uncle George Kahumoku Jr.
> Kai Lenny
> Benny Uyetake
> Stewart Copeland
> Lukas Nelson
> Skunk Baxter
> Jimmy Jam
> Ryan Bingham
> Nathaniel Rateliff
> Sarah McLachlan
> Fred Armisen
> Kerry Brown
> LL Cool J
> Elvis Mitchell
> Slim Jim Phantom
> Matthew Pinfield

> That list can also be obtained by clicking on “...more” in
> the video description below the video, and there links
> to the artists’ social media sites are given to the right
> of each name.

> There are also segments of talk in between the artists,
> and the advantage of the recording is that you can
> skip over those if you want to, which would probably make
> the video one hour instead of two hours.

> I found out about it through Sarah McLachlan’s official Facebook
> page. She did the song I Will Remember You.

> “But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night You gave me
> everything you had, oh you gave me light.”

A long time fan of Sarah McLachlan.

Another favorite Sarah McLachlan did a nice duet with Jimmy Buffett:

https://youtu.be/EoDPACOufOI?si=usMRgwbiUk8ozKdt

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<a1142a937dcfa2ff9556e5581f1b0056@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=202484&group=rec.arts.tv#202484

From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 20:10:43 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 20:10 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> David Dalton wrote:

>> On Sep 8, 2023, Will Dockery wrote
>> (in article<262897859f3ccdc5ba80f4ed385b8104@news.novabbs.com>):

>>> What was the lineup of performers?

>> Here it is, though it wasn’t strictly in this order:

>> Artist Lineup:
>> Ziggy Marley
>> Gretchen Rhodes
>> Mick Fleetwood
>> Uncle George Kahumoku Jr.
>> Kai Lenny
>> Benny Uyetake
>> Stewart Copeland
>> Lukas Nelson
>> Skunk Baxter
>> Jimmy Jam
>> Ryan Bingham
>> Nathaniel Rateliff
>> Sarah McLachlan
>> Fred Armisen
>> Kerry Brown
>> LL Cool J
>> Elvis Mitchell
>> Slim Jim Phantom
>> Matthew Pinfield

>> That list can also be obtained by clicking on “...more” in
>> the video description below the video, and there links
>> to the artists’ social media sites are given to the right
>> of each name.

>> There are also segments of talk in between the artists,
>> and the advantage of the recording is that you can
>> skip over those if you want to, which would probably make
>> the video one hour instead of two hours.

>> I found out about it through Sarah McLachlan’s official Facebook
>> page. She did the song I Will Remember You.

>> “But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night You gave me
>> everything you had, oh you gave me light.”

> A long time fan of Sarah McLachlan.

> Another favorite Sarah McLachlan did a nice duet with Jimmy Buffett:

> https://youtu.be/EoDPACOufOI?si=usMRgwbiUk8ozKdt

Oh yes, I remember how much i enjoyed her, my bunkmate Buzzy played her cassette tapes, he likes Tori Amos also...

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<0ca8a65cc44ded0ba725d50b4aa15518@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=202584&group=rec.arts.tv#202584

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 16:54:50 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 16:54 UTC

Yes, Tori Amos was pretty good also.

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<4c1c1a5b667ea2bfbfa3497cd7b2c67b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203427&group=rec.arts.tv#203427

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 01:01:52 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 01:01 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AAC02AE00B210C270000D44438F@news.eternal-september.org>):

>> I’m watching a live stream benefit concert at
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs .
>>
>> I don’t know if there will be a recording available at that
>> link after the concert is over.
>>
>> Here are the details:
>>
>> "Special musical livestream event supporting the Hawaii Community
>> Foundation's #MauiStrongFund, which provides financial resources
>> towards the immediate and long-term recovery needs of the people
>> & places affected by the Maui wildfires.”
> The live concert is now over, and it does seem that a recording
> of the two hour concert is available at the above link (I am
> now watching the first 15 minutes that I had missed).

Thanks again, good find.

Re: OT: #MauiStrong Benefit Livestream

<f05b0919177ba71275c4735431c3d5c4@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220331&group=rec.arts.tv#220331

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 20:22:14 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.druid, alt.atheism, alt.buddha.short.fat.guy, alt.philosophy.taoism, rec.arts.tv, alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 20:22 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AAC02AE00B210C270000D44438F@news.eternal-september.org>):

>> I’m watching a live stream benefit concert at
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs .
>>
>> I don’t know if there will be a recording available at that
>> link after the concert is over.
>>
>> Here are the details:
>>
>> "Special musical livestream event supporting the Hawaii Community
>> Foundation's #MauiStrongFund, which provides financial resources
>> towards the immediate and long-term recovery needs of the people
>> & places affected by the Maui wildfires.”
> The live concert is now over, and it does seem that a recording
> of the two hour concert is available at the above link (I am
> now watching the first 15 minutes that I had missed).

Cool