"No problem is so formidable that you can't walk away from it." -- C. Schulz

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: PLEX

SubjectAuthor
* PLEXanim8rfsk
`* Re: PLEXshawn
 `* Re: PLEXanim8rfsk
  `* Re: PLEXshawn
   `* Re: PLEXEGK
    `- Re: PLEXshawn

1
PLEX

<1005665831.715925699.259284.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201685&group=rec.arts.tv#201685

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: PLEX
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:16:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 04:16 UTC

I haven’t seen an episode of Murdoch mysteries in years since it went over
to ovation or something I can’t get. Yesterday the DVR, which was still
hunting for it unknown to me managed to record S15E02 (which I later found
was actually E01). But while I was looking to see if E01 was available the
magic DVR asked if I would like to watch it on PLEX.

PLEX is this amazing app that somehow straddles authorized stuff and file
sharing and ends up offering 50,000 films, almost all of which are better
than the stuff you get on any other service. I used to be able to tap into
a friends account via PLEX on my PS3, but then they upgraded it so you need
a PS five and I wasn’t about to go out and buy one just to run Plex.

Not a lot is showing up so far on the Cox DVR built in app but I think
that’s because it’s still propagating. Almost everything seems to be
available on the iPhone app.

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to amphetamines!

Re: PLEX

<ekvnfi960n61ut8l72i0pvc9g2sr1soo9m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201687&group=rec.arts.tv#201687

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: PLEX
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 01:12:08 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 05:12 UTC

On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:16:27 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>I haven’t seen an episode of Murdoch mysteries in years since it went over
>to ovation or something I can’t get. Yesterday the DVR, which was still
>hunting for it unknown to me managed to record S15E02 (which I later found
>was actually E01). But while I was looking to see if E01 was available the
>magic DVR asked if I would like to watch it on PLEX.
>
>PLEX is this amazing app that somehow straddles authorized stuff and file
>sharing and ends up offering 50,000 films, almost all of which are better
>than the stuff you get on any other service. I used to be able to tap into
>a friends account via PLEX on my PS3, but then they upgraded it so you need
>a PS five and I wasn’t about to go out and buy one just to run Plex.
>
>Not a lot is showing up so far on the Cox DVR built in app but I think
>that’s because it’s still propagating. Almost everything seems to be
>available on the iPhone app.
>
>Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to amphetamines!

Remember to sleep some time. You need sleep so you can enjoy more of
those 50000 movies.

Re: PLEX

<1163256348.715953287.033999.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201706&group=rec.arts.tv#201706

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 06:00:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 13:00 UTC

> On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:16:27 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I haven’t seen an episode of Murdoch mysteries in years since it went over
>> to ovation or something I can’t get. Yesterday the DVR, which was still
>> hunting for it unknown to me managed to record S15E02 (which I later found
>> was actually E01). But while I was looking to see if E01 was available the
>> magic DVR asked if I would like to watch it on PLEX.
>>
>> PLEX is this amazing app that somehow straddles authorized stuff and file
>> sharing and ends up offering 50,000 films, almost all of which are better
>> than the stuff you get on any other service. I used to be able to tap into
>> a friends account via PLEX on my PS3, but then they upgraded it so you need
>> a PS five and I wasn’t about to go out and buy one just to run Plex.
>>
>> Not a lot is showing up so far on the Cox DVR built in app but I think
>> that’s because it’s still propagating. Almost everything seems to be
>> available on the iPhone app.
>>
>> Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to amphetamines!
>
> Remember to sleep some time. You need sleep so you can enjoy more of
> those 50000 movies.

That’s what amphetamines are for!

Re: PLEX

<dhsofi5onjq13b6eg8ogholqjfu2bs7pl3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201709&group=rec.arts.tv#201709

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 09:25:52 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 13:25 UTC

On Sat, 9 Sep 2023 06:00:53 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:16:27 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I haven’t seen an episode of Murdoch mysteries in years since it went over
>>> to ovation or something I can’t get. Yesterday the DVR, which was still
>>> hunting for it unknown to me managed to record S15E02 (which I later found
>>> was actually E01). But while I was looking to see if E01 was available the
>>> magic DVR asked if I would like to watch it on PLEX.
>>>
>>> PLEX is this amazing app that somehow straddles authorized stuff and file
>>> sharing and ends up offering 50,000 films, almost all of which are better
>>> than the stuff you get on any other service. I used to be able to tap into
>>> a friends account via PLEX on my PS3, but then they upgraded it so you need
>>> a PS five and I wasn’t about to go out and buy one just to run Plex.
>>>
>>> Not a lot is showing up so far on the Cox DVR built in app but I think
>>> that’s because it’s still propagating. Almost everything seems to be
>>> available on the iPhone app.
>>>
>>> Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to amphetamines!
>>
>> Remember to sleep some time. You need sleep so you can enjoy more of
>> those 50000 movies.
>>

>That’s what amphetamines are for!

No, no, no. Do too many amphetamines and you'll end up taking a
permanent nap. That's why I advise you to get some sleep along the way
through that big backlog. ;)

Re: PLEX

<mg7pfi5hdtnjk0lg8q2c41he7r9bkvm52j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201731&group=rec.arts.tv#201731

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 12:33:22 -0400
 by: EGK - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 16:33 UTC

On Sat, 09 Sep 2023 09:25:52 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 9 Sep 2023 06:00:53 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>wrote:
>
>>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Remember to sleep some time. You need sleep so you can enjoy more of
>>> those 50000 movies.
>>>

>>That’s what amphetamines are for!
>
>No, no, no. Do too many amphetamines and you'll end up taking a
>permanent nap. That's why I advise you to get some sleep along the way
>through that big backlog. ;)

You did get that he was quoting the Lloyd Bridges character from Airplane,
right? :)
"I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"

Re: PLEX

<arbpfilp2qjooujo5ftkl1a3m8bdopu5hd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=201744&group=rec.arts.tv#201744

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 13:46:37 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 17:46 UTC

On Sat, 09 Sep 2023 12:33:22 -0400, EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 09 Sep 2023 09:25:52 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 9 Sep 2023 06:00:53 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>>wrote:

>>>That’s what amphetamines are for!
>>
>>No, no, no. Do too many amphetamines and you'll end up taking a
>>permanent nap. That's why I advise you to get some sleep along the way
>>through that big backlog. ;)
>
>You did get that he was quoting the Lloyd Bridges character from Airplane,
>right? :)
>"I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"

Yes, but I stand by my statement. ;)