From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: [NEWS] "Rebel Moon" in development (sci-fi adventure)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 12:17:48 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 00:17 UTC

Based on just the very limited details below, this sounds like a
gender-swapped rip-off of the old John-Boy Walton movie "Battle Beyond
the Stars".

From ComingSoon.net ...

Zack Snyder's Sci-Fi Adventure Rebel Moon Lands at Netflix
Zack Snyder's partnership with Netflix continues to be
exciting. Snyder's next film will also land at the
streamer and will be a sci-fi fantasy title called Rebel
Moon.

The Hollywood Reporter says that the film will be
co-written by Snyder, who will also direct and produce
the project. Army of the Dead screenwriter Shay Hatten
and 300 co-writer Kurt Johnstad are also on board for
the film.

"The story is set in motion when a peaceful colony on the
edge of the galaxy is threatened by the armies of a
tyrannical regent named Balisarius," says THR of the
film's plot. "Desperate people dispatch a young woman
with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from
neighboring planets to help them make a stand."

Snyder cites his influences for the film as Star Wars and
Akira Kurosawa.

"It's my love of sci-fi and a giant adventure," says
Snyder. "My hope is that this also becomes a massive IP
and a universe that can be built out. I've spent the last
two or three years building out this universe. Every
corner has to be painted in. I've been doing designs,
constantly drawing and really cultivating its fertile
ground to make this world fully realized."

Helping produce the film is Snyder's wife and producing
partner Deborah Snyder. Other producers include Wesley
Coller, plus Grand Electric's Eric Newman and Sarah Bowen.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1181541-zack-snyders-sci-fi-adventure-rebel-moon-lands-at-netflix>

Re: [NEWS] "Rebel Moon" in development (sci-fi adventure)

<sc2u2o$8kk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=202&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#202

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 17:55:55 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 00:55 UTC

On 7/6/2021 5:17 PM, Your Name wrote:

> Based on just the very limited details below, this sounds like a
> gender-swapped rip-off of the old John-Boy Walton movie "Battle Beyond
> the Stars".
>

> From ComingSoon.net ...
>

>    Zack Snyder's Sci-Fi Adventure Rebel Moon Lands at Netflix
>    ----------------------------------------------------------
>    Zack Snyder's partnership with Netflix continues to be
>    exciting. Snyder's next film will also land at the
>    streamer and will be a sci-fi fantasy title called Rebel
>    Moon.
>
>    The Hollywood Reporter says that the film will be
>    co-written by Snyder, who will also direct and produce
>    the project. Army of the Dead screenwriter Shay Hatten
>    and 300 co-writer Kurt Johnstad are also on board for
>    the film.
>
>    "The story is set in motion when a peaceful colony on the
>    edge of the galaxy is threatened by the armies of a
>    tyrannical regent named Balisarius," says THR of the
>    film's plot. "Desperate people dispatch a young woman
>    with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from
>    neighboring planets to help them make a stand."
>
>    Snyder cites his influences for the film as Star Wars and
>    Akira Kurosawa.
>
>    "It's my love of sci-fi and a giant adventure," says
>    Snyder. "My hope is that this also becomes a massive IP
>    and a universe that can be built out. I've spent the last
>    two or three years building out this universe. Every
>    corner has to be painted in. I've been doing designs,
>    constantly drawing and really cultivating its fertile
>    ground to make this world fully realized."
>
>    Helping produce the film is Snyder's wife and producing
>    partner Deborah Snyder. Other producers include Wesley
>    Coller, plus Grand Electric's Eric Newman and Sarah Bowen.
>

> <https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1181541-zack-snyders-sci-fi-adventure-rebel-moon-lands-at-netflix>

I just read elsewhere that this is a retooling of a "Seven Samurai"
inspired Star Wars movie Snyder wanted to make.

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

arts / rec.arts.sf.movies / Re: [NEWS] "Rebel Moon" in development (sci-fi adventure)