I'll turn over a new leaf. -- Miguel de Cervantes

arts / rec.arts.tv / You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

SubjectAuthor
* You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant LivingBTR1701
+- Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UnderFPP
+* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Undertrotsky
|`* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your HouseBTR1701
| +* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UndermoviePig
| |`* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your HouseBTR1701
| | +* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UndermoviePig
| | |+* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your HouseBTR1701
| | |+- Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UnderFPP
| | |+* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your HouseBTR1701
| | |`- Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Undertrotsky
| | `- Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UnderFPP
| `* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UnderFPP
|  `* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UndermoviePig
|   `- Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Undertrotsky
+- Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UnderEd Stasiak
`* Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living UnderRhino
 `- Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your HouseBTR1701

Pages:12
You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<IYKcnTA0JPFGypb4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=202998&group=rec.arts.tv#202998

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living
Under Your House
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 20:36:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 20:36 UTC

Apparently you're now racist if you find a violent convicted felon living
in the crawlspace under your house and you call the cops.

-------------------------
https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/california-ex-con-discovered-living-under-home-in-bizarre-phrogger-trend/amp/

When Ashly Guardino was woken up by unusual noises at her Lake Elsinore
home last Saturday, she assumed it was her landlord, making needed repairs
to the roof.

But much to her surprise, rather than finding the property owner tinkering
atop the rental residence, Guardino was stunned to see what she described
as a "f–king dirty ass arm" reaching out from underneath the home.

"There is a whole ass man living here for months... living underneath the
house," the professional house cleaner lamented in an eye-popping TikTok
tell-all.

"Do you know how creepy it is to see a f–king arm come out of [a hole in
your house]?," she asked. "Imagine being half awake and seeing an arm, a
dirty arm come out of this hole."

In the shocking clip, which has scared up over 6.2 million views, the
freaked-out mom shared footage of police removing a shirtless man from a
small opening at the base of the residence she shares with fiancée Savannah
and two children.

Officers escorted the perp, covered in dirt, into a waiting police vehicle.

The unwelcome discovery is part of the ongoing "phrogging"phenomenon, which
sees gate-crashers sneak onto a property and secretly live there
indefinitely.

The trend, named after a frog's habit of leaping from pad to pad, is said
to be a growing concern for law enforcement. Lifetime even covered a
particularly harrowing case out of Hawaii in the true-crime production
PHROGGING: HIDER IN MY HOUSE released in July.

The phenomenon appears to be more popular in places with both housing
shortages and good weather. Last month, a 30-year-old man was discovered
phrogging in an underground vault beneath the Japanese American National
Museum in Los Angeles.

"He's a 26-year-old and on parole. Apparently, he burned his baby mama's
house down," she explained, adding the man was a drug addict with a history
of seeking shelter underneath other people's homes.

Still shaken after discovering the unwelcome guest, Guardino went on to
discover that the guy-- once he was released from prison for setting his
ex's abode ablaze-- had been living below a house across the street from
hers. He was ultimately found out by the owners and wound up back in jail.

Once he was re-released, the repeat intruder returned to the neighborhood--
only to make his new nest beneath Guardino's dwelling.

Officials could not confirm how long the man had lived there. Guardino,
however, offered a guesstimate.

"I don't really know how long he was [here]," she said, estimating the
unwelcome visitor had been residing subsurface for at least three months.

Guardino had noticed that the screen covering the crawl space’s access
point had been removed several times over the past few weeks, but as a pet
owner, she assumed that one of the animals was responsible.

"We remember hearing some knocking and whistling and different noises going
on in the house," she said. "But we'd just brush it off [thinking it was]
the TV, the wind or whatnot."

Guardino went on to explain that before the authorities came to her aid,
she angrily confronted the violator, once he revealed himself.

"I'm yelling at him, 'What the f–k are you doin? Get the f–k out of our
house,'" she recalled.

Cops eventually arrived on the scene, but Guardino claimed in a post that
the officers only casually cased the home at first, doubting there was a
man living below the property. Once the authorities spotted the trespasser,
however, they sprang into action.

"They threatened [him with] dogs and guns because he [wasn't] responding.
He was just quiet," said Guardino. "And they're yelling at him to come out
and he's ignoring the police."

After a 30 minute standoff, the man exited the crawl space and was placed
under arrest.

Rather than empathizing with Guardino and her family following the
traumatic event, side-eyeing skeptics accused her of being insensitive, and
even racist for reporting the offender.

"Did dirty mean black?" questioned a commenter, assuming that the squatter
was African American.

"The microaggressions of, 'seeing a DIRTY arm at 6am in the dark while half
asleep' and then THE REVEAL of the individual. You’'e shameful," another
armchair critic spat.

Note: Guardino never revealed the ethnicity of the offender.

In a follow-up post, Guardino was left to defend herself against the
astonishing claims.

"Whether he was white, black or Mexican, it doesn't really matter... his
arm was dirty and that's why I referred to his arm as dirty," she said.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<uefsgr$3584m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203024&group=rec.arts.tv#203024

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under
Your House
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 18:42:35 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 22:42 UTC

On 9/20/23 4:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Apparently you're now racist if you find a violent convicted felon living
> in the crawlspace under your house and you call the cops.

Apparently you're really not.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<NbTOM.95944$GHI6.88009@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203084&group=rec.arts.tv#203084

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 03:31:40 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 08:31 UTC

On 9/20/23 3:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Apparently you're now racist if you find a violent convicted felon living
> in the crawlspace under your house and you call the cops.
>
> -------------------------
> https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/california-ex-con-discovered-living-under-home-in-bizarre-phrogger-trend/amp/

So you only have one example of this, which in your syphilitic mind
makes it a "trend?" In psychology they call this OCD,
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. You tick a lot of the abnormal psych
boxes actually. Is this what got you forced into retirmement from your
job as a secret agent?

<atropos-92F7B2.10584821092023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203130&group=rec.arts.tv#203130

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:58:48 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:58 UTC

In article <NbTOM.95944$GHI6.88009@fx17.iad>,
trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> On 9/20/23 3:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> > Apparently you're now racist if you find a violent convicted felon living
> > in the crawlspace under your house and you call the cops.
> >
> > -------------------------
> > https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/california-ex-con-discovered-living-under-home
> > -in-bizarre-phrogger-trend/amp/
>
> So you only have one example of this, which in your syphilitic mind
> makes it a "trend?"

I never said anything about a trend, Hutt, you malodorous hobgoblin.
Putting it in quotes like that means you're claiming I said that exact
word, which is a bald-faced lie.

<ug1PM.4085$Lmc1.1196@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203139&group=rec.arts.tv#203139

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 15:59:21 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 19:59 UTC

On 9/21/2023 1:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
>>> under arrest.
>>>
>>> Rather than empathizing with Guardino and her family following the
>>> traumatic event, side-eyeing skeptics accused her of being insensitive, and
>>> even racist for reporting the offender.
>>>
>>> "Did dirty mean black?" questioned a commenter, assuming that the squatter
>>> was African American.
>>>
>>> "The microaggressions of, 'seeing a DIRTY arm at 6am in the dark while half
>>> asleep' and then THE REVEAL of the individual. You’'e shameful," another
>>> armchair critic spat.
>>>
>>> Note: Guardino never revealed the ethnicity of the offender.
>>>
>>> In a follow-up post, Guardino was left to defend herself against the
>>> astonishing claims.
>>>
>>> "Whether he was white, black or Mexican, it doesn't really matter... his
>>> arm was dirty and that's why I referred to his arm as dirty," she said.

"Quotation marks within an emphatic context should tell readers that
the content in quotes means something other than what it usually would.
In many cases, one might even interpret text within emphatic quotation
marks as a wink to the audience." - Google

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<atropos-B50C7B.13284321092023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203140&group=rec.arts.tv#203140

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:28:43 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 20:28 UTC

In article <ug1PM.4085$Lmc1.1196@fx44.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 9/21/2023 1:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <NbTOM.95944$GHI6.88009@fx17.iad>,
> > trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> >> So you only have one example of this, which in your syphilitic mind
> >> makes it a "trend?"
> >
> > I never said anything about a trend, Hutt, you malodorous hobgoblin.
> > Putting it in quotes like that means you're claiming I said that exact
> > word, which is a bald-faced lie.
>
> "Quotation marks within an emphatic context should tell readers that
> the content in quotes means something other than what it usually would.
> In many cases, one might even interpret text within emphatic quotation
> marks as a wink to the audience." - Google

Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
preceding the word trend:

"...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"

So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<uR1PM.109224$2ph4.8546@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203141&group=rec.arts.tv#203141

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:38:50 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 20:38 UTC

On 9/21/2023 4:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ug1PM.4085$Lmc1.1196@fx44.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2023 1:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I never said anything about a trend, Hutt, you malodorous hobgoblin.
>>> Putting it in quotes like that means you're claiming I said that exact
>>> word, which is a bald-faced lie.
>>
>> "Quotation marks within an emphatic context should tell readers that
>> the content in quotes means something other than what it usually would.
>> In many cases, one might even interpret text within emphatic quotation
>> marks as a wink to the audience." - Google
>
> Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
> preceding the word trend:
>
> "...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"
>
> So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
> that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.

What *I* pointed out is that quotes don't always mean quoting.

As to whether you yourself said 'trend', you at least posted a headline
(in the URL) that does.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<eoWcnakD4JsbK5H4nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203146&group=rec.arts.tv#203146

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 21:32:54 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 21:32 UTC

On Sep 21, 2023 at 1:38:50 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 9/21/2023 4:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <ug1PM.4085$Lmc1.1196@fx44.iad>,
>> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> "Quotation marks within an emphatic context should tell readers that
>>> the content in quotes means something other than what it usually would.
>>> In many cases, one might even interpret text within emphatic quotation
>>> marks as a wink to the audience." - Google
>>
>> Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
>> preceding the word trend:
>>
>> "...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"
>>
>> So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
>> that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.
>
> What *I* pointed out is that quotes don't always mean quoting.

So you mean you dropped into the thread to point out an irrelevancy.

Well, thanks. Well done.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<MG3PM.79577$Hih7.42586@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203154&group=rec.arts.tv#203154

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 18:43:56 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:43 UTC

On 9/21/2023 5:32 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2023 at 1:38:50 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2023 4:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
>>> preceding the word trend:
>>>
>>> "...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"
>>>
>>> So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
>>> that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.
>>
>> What *I* pointed out is that quotes don't always mean quoting.
>>
> So you mean you dropped into the thread to point out an irrelevancy.
>
> Well, thanks. Well done.

No, to enhance understanding of how quotes are used. You're welcome.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<ueih66$3nr7l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203155&group=rec.arts.tv#203155

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:47:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:47 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Sep 21, 2023 at 1:38:50 PM PDT, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>>Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
>>>preceding the word trend:

>>>"...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"

>>>So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
>>>that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.

>>What *I* pointed out is that quotes don't always mean quoting.

>So you mean you dropped into the thread to point out an irrelevancy.

>Well, thanks. Well done.

Irrelevancy is moviePig's stock and trade. Also, it's moviePig, for whom
"meaning" has no meaning.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<W_3PM.11901$UHH3.656@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203156&group=rec.arts.tv#203156

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 19:05:26 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:05 UTC

On 9/21/2023 6:47 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> What *I* pointed out is that quotes don't always mean quoting.
>
>> So you mean you dropped into the thread to point out an irrelevancy.
>
>> Well, thanks. Well done.
>
> Irrelevancy is moviePig's stock and trade. Also, it's moviePig, for whom
> "meaning" has no meaning.

Adam wanna cracker?...

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<d3a43968-9f4a-4162-8f39-68adec7db973n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203158&group=rec.arts.tv#203158

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:44:43 -0700 (PDT)
Your House
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:44 UTC

> BTR1701
>
> Guardino went on to explain that before the authorities came to her aid,
> she angrily confronted the violator, once he revealed himself.
>
> "I'm yelling at him, 'What the f–k are you doin? Get the f–k out of our
> house,'" she recalled.

lol

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<ueis2k$3pf2g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203175&group=rec.arts.tv#203175

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Your House
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 21:53:24 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:53 UTC

On 9/21/23 1:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <NbTOM.95944$GHI6.88009@fx17.iad>,
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/20/23 3:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>>> Apparently you're now racist if you find a violent convicted felon living
>>> in the crawlspace under your house and you call the cops.
>>>
>>> -------------------------
>>> https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/california-ex-con-discovered-living-under-home
>>> -in-bizarre-phrogger-trend/amp/
>>
>> So you only have one example of this, which in your syphilitic mind
>> makes it a "trend?"
>
> I never said anything about a trend, Hutt, you malodorous hobgoblin.
> Putting it in quotes like that means you're claiming I said that exact
> word, which is a bald-faced lie.

No, you stupid illiterate sociopath... that's not strictly true, halfwit.
But I wouldn't expect you'd understand simple English.

One of the most common uses of quotation marks is to indicate a direct
quote, a passage that is copied verbatim from another source. But
that's not the only reason, now is it?

> Set apart a word to show irony, sarcasm, or skepticism (scare quotes)
> Scare quotes are used to show that the writer doubts the validity of a word. They are commonly used to show irony, sarcasm, or how something is “popularly termed.” They can have the same meaning as the phrase so-called, including suspicious insinuation.
>
> Scare quotes generally appear as quotation marks around a single word or sometimes a phrase.

Trotsky did EXACTLY that. He placed quotes around a single word. How
the fuck did you graduate High School, much less Law School?

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/quotation-marks/#:~:text=They%20are%20commonly%20used%20to,word%20or%20sometimes%20a%20phrase.

"The only thing I love more than correcting you on history is correcting
you on grammar." - Effa

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<ueis7c$3pf2g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203177&group=rec.arts.tv#203177

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Your House
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 21:55:56 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:55 UTC

On 9/21/23 4:38 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/21/2023 4:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <ug1PM.4085$Lmc1.1196@fx44.iad>,
>>   moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> "Quotation marks within an emphatic context should tell readers that
>>> the content in quotes means something other than what it usually would.
>>> In many cases, one might even interpret text within emphatic quotation
>>> marks as a wink to the audience." - Google
>>
>> Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
>> preceding the word trend:
>>
>> "...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"
>>
>> So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
>> that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.
>
> What *I* pointed out is that quotes don't always mean quoting.
>
> As to whether you yourself said 'trend', you at least posted a headline
> (in the URL) that does.

Quotes around a single word is the giveaway.

Scare quotes are used to show that the writer doubts the validity of a
word. They are commonly used to show irony, sarcasm, or how something is
“popularly termed.”
Scare quotes generally appear as quotation marks around a single word or
sometimes a phrase.

He's illiterate, pig. Maybe you can find a picture for him... that
should help.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<ueis90$3pf2g$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203178&group=rec.arts.tv#203178

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Your House
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 21:56:47 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:56 UTC

On 9/21/23 7:05 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/21/2023 6:47 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> So you mean you dropped into the thread to point out an irrelevancy.
>>
>>> Well, thanks. Well done.
>>
>> Irrelevancy is moviePig's stock and trade. Also, it's moviePig, for whom
>> "meaning" has no meaning.
>
> Adam wanna cracker?...

At least Adam can read...

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<ueisvn$3tcqe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203182&group=rec.arts.tv#203182

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Your House
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:08:55 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 02:08 UTC

On 9/21/23 4:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ug1PM.4085$Lmc1.1196@fx44.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2023 1:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I never said anything about a trend, Hutt, you malodorous hobgoblin.
>>> Putting it in quotes like that means you're claiming I said that exact
>>> word, which is a bald-faced lie.
>>
>> "Quotation marks within an emphatic context should tell readers that
>> the content in quotes means something other than what it usually would.
>> In many cases, one might even interpret text within emphatic quotation
>> marks as a wink to the audience." - Google
>
> Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
> preceding the word trend:
>
> "...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"
>
> So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
> that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.

Well, this was you:
> On 9/20/23 4:36 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> The trend, named after a frog's habit of leaping from pad to pad, is said
>> to be a growing concern for law enforcement.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<atropos-66B4B9.19333221092023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203186&group=rec.arts.tv#203186

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 19:33:32 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 02:33 UTC

In article <uR1PM.109224$2ph4.8546@fx14.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 9/21/2023 4:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <ug1PM.4085$Lmc1.1196@fx44.iad>,
> > moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> "Quotation marks within an emphatic context should tell readers that
> >> the content in quotes means something other than what it usually would.
> >> In many cases, one might even interpret text within emphatic quotation
> >> marks as a wink to the audience." - Google
> >
> > Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
> > preceding the word trend:
> >
> > "...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"
> >
> > So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
> > that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.

> As to whether you yourself said 'trend', you at least posted a headline
> (in the URL) that does.

That would mean the author of the article was suggesting a trend. Not me.

*I* was pointing how calling the cops on a convicted felon vagrant
surreptitiously living under your home is now considered raaaaaciiiist.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<bs7PM.12284$C_lf.4745@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203188&group=rec.arts.tv#203188

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:01:27 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 03:01 UTC

On 9/21/2023 9:53 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 9/21/23 1:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <NbTOM.95944$GHI6.88009@fx17.iad>,
>>   trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> So you only have one example of this, which in your syphilitic mind
>>> makes it a "trend?"
>>
>> I never said anything about a trend, Hutt, you malodorous hobgoblin.
>> Putting it in quotes like that means you're claiming I said that exact
>> word, which is a bald-faced lie.
>
> No, you stupid illiterate sociopath... that's not strictly true, halfwit.
> But I wouldn't expect you'd understand simple English.
>
> One of the most common uses of quotation marks is to indicate a direct
> quote, a passage that is copied verbatim from another source.  But
> that's not the only reason, now is it?
>
>> Set apart a word to show irony, sarcasm, or skepticism (scare quotes)
>> Scare quotes are used to show that the writer doubts the validity of a
>> word. They are commonly used to show irony, sarcasm, or how something
>> is “popularly termed.” They can have the same meaning as the phrase
>> so-called, including suspicious insinuation.
>> Scare quotes generally appear as quotation marks around a single word
>> or sometimes a phrase.
>
> Trotsky did EXACTLY that.  He placed quotes around a single word.  How
> the fuck did you graduate High School, much less Law School?
>
> https://www.grammarly.com/blog/quotation-marks/#:~:text=They%20are%20commonly%20used%20to,word%20or%20sometimes%20a%20phrase.
>
> "The only thing I love more than correcting you on history is correcting
> you on grammar."  - Effa

To chase this all the way to its pedantic bier... it doesn't even have
to be only a single word. A single, small enough concept will do.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<uej2s0$3u6sq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203192&group=rec.arts.tv#203192

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Your House
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:49:20 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 03:49 UTC

On 9/21/23 10:33 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uR1PM.109224$2ph4.8546@fx14.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2023 4:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
>>> preceding the word trend:
>>>
>>> "...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"
>>>
>>> So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
>>> that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.
>
>> As to whether you yourself said 'trend', you at least posted a headline
>> (in the URL) that does.
>
> That would mean the author of the article was suggesting a trend. Not me.
>
> *I* was pointing how calling the cops on a convicted felon vagrant
> surreptitiously living under your home is now considered raaaaaciiiist.

So let me get this straight... I can cite anything I want, and simply
divorce myself from any responsibility?

Wow! Then I guess you're never going to be able to tag me for anything,
ever again.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<uej2tk$3u6sq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203193&group=rec.arts.tv#203193

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Your House
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:50:12 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 03:50 UTC

On 9/21/23 10:33 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uR1PM.109224$2ph4.8546@fx14.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2023 4:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Except that's not what Hutt was doing, as was made clear by the text
>>> preceding the word trend:
>>>
>>> "...which in your mind makes it a 'trend'?"
>>>
>>> So despite your feverish googling to try and save him, Hutt asserted
>>> that I had stated or implied somewhere in my post that this is a trend.
>
>> As to whether you yourself said 'trend', you at least posted a headline
>> (in the URL) that does.
>
> That would mean the author of the article was suggesting a trend. Not me.
>
> *I* was pointing how calling the cops on a convicted felon vagrant
> surreptitiously living under your home is now considered raaaaaciiiist.

You cited it to bolster your argument. Now you want to run away from it.

Then don't cite it in the first place.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<fEcPM.79902$Hih7.41587@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203202&group=rec.arts.tv#203202

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 03:55:38 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 08:55 UTC

On 9/21/23 10:01 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/21/2023 9:53 PM, FPP wrote:
>> On 9/21/23 1:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I never said anything about a trend, Hutt, you malodorous hobgoblin.
>>> Putting it in quotes like that means you're claiming I said that exact
>>> word, which is a bald-faced lie.
>>
>> No, you stupid illiterate sociopath... that's not strictly true, halfwit.
>> But I wouldn't expect you'd understand simple English.
>>
>> One of the most common uses of quotation marks is to indicate a direct
>> quote, a passage that is copied verbatim from another source.  But
>> that's not the only reason, now is it?
>>
>>> Set apart a word to show irony, sarcasm, or skepticism (scare quotes)
>>> Scare quotes are used to show that the writer doubts the validity of
>>> a word. They are commonly used to show irony, sarcasm, or how
>>> something is “popularly termed.” They can have the same meaning as
>>> the phrase so-called, including suspicious insinuation.
>>> Scare quotes generally appear as quotation marks around a single word
>>> or sometimes a phrase.
>>
>> Trotsky did EXACTLY that.  He placed quotes around a single word.  How
>> the fuck did you graduate High School, much less Law School?
>>
>> https://www.grammarly.com/blog/quotation-marks/#:~:text=They%20are%20commonly%20used%20to,word%20or%20sometimes%20a%20phrase.
>>
>> "The only thing I love more than correcting you on history is
>> correcting you on grammar."  - Effa
>
> To chase this all the way to its pedantic bier... it doesn't even have
> to be only a single word.  A single, small enough concept will do.

I love it! Imparting actual knowledge! The right wing assholes are
nonplussed!

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<zNcPM.109474$2ph4.90861@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203203&group=rec.arts.tv#203203

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 04:05:34 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 09:05 UTC

On 9/21/23 8:56 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 9/21/23 7:05 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> Irrelevancy is moviePig's stock and trade. Also, it's moviePig, for whom
>>> "meaning" has no meaning.
>>
>> Adam wanna cracker?...
>>

> At least Adam can read...

True. Not quite a saving grace, but at least it's something in his
favor. But he still prefers to be called "Verman." I do hope the
quotation marks pass muster this time.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<M1dPM.104593$GHI6.81018@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203209&group=rec.arts.tv#203209

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 04:22:52 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 09:22 UTC

On 9/21/23 10:49 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 9/21/23 10:33 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <uR1PM.109224$2ph4.8546@fx14.iad>,
>>   moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> As to whether you yourself said 'trend', you at least posted a headline
>>> (in the URL) that does.
>>
>> That would mean the author of the article was suggesting a trend. Not me.
>>
>> *I* was pointing how calling the cops on a convicted felon vagrant
>> surreptitiously living under your home is now considered raaaaaciiiist.
>>

> So let me get this straight... I can cite anything I want, and simply

I think that's almost verbatim the Oath Keepers' credo.

> Wow!  Then I guess you're never going to be able to tag me for anything,
> ever again.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<Z6dPM.137393$vMO8.53138@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203210&group=rec.arts.tv#203210

Your House
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 04:28:24 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 09:28 UTC

On 9/21/23 5:43 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/21/2023 5:32 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Sep 21, 2023 at 1:38:50 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>> wrote:

>>> What *I* pointed out is that quotes don't always mean quoting.
>>>
>> So you mean you dropped into the thread to point out an irrelevancy.
>>
>> Well, thanks. Well done.
>
> No, to enhance understanding of how quotes are used.  You're welcome.

Hey, knowledge is power and right wing assholes don't have much of either.

Re: You're Racist if You Call Cops on Criminal Vagrant Living Under Your House

<uejqc2$50an$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=203216&group=rec.arts.tv#203216

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Your House
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 06:30:26 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 10:30 UTC

On 9/22/23 5:22 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 9/21/23 10:49 PM, FPP wrote:
>> On 9/21/23 10:33 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> That would mean the author of the article was suggesting a trend. Not
>>> me.
>>>
>>> *I* was pointing how calling the cops on a convicted felon vagrant
>>> surreptitiously living under your home is now considered raaaaaciiiist.
>>>

>> So let me get this straight... I can cite anything I want, and simply
>

> I think that's almost verbatim the Oath Keepers' credo.

Now Thanny wants to pretend when he quotes something, he's not
responsible for it.

Why? Did he post it by accident? Did the author MAKE him post it?
No, it was his choice to post it. But we're not allowed to question
what it says...