From: now...@protonmail.com (Oswald)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.sean-hannity,talk.politics.misc,talk.politics.guns,rec.arts.tv,alt.atheism
Subject: New York lawmakers move to automatically seal old criminal records
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 01:05:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Oswald - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 01:05 UTC

>https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-lawmakers-move-automatically-
>seal-old-criminal-records

Trump's the only victim here. Listen to him whine and cry.

Pull his bail and let him hand himself in his holding cell.

Cry me a river.

Re: New York lawmakers move to automatically seal old criminal records

<oi-dnQt-9IjQMrn4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205274&group=rec.arts.tv#205274

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,talk.politics.misc
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 01:56:29 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 01:56 UTC

On Oct 9, 2023 at 6:05:12 PM PDT, "Oswald" <nowomr@protonmail.com> wrote:

>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-lawmakers-move-automatically-
>> seal-old-criminal-records
>
> Trump's the only victim here. Listen to him whine and cry.
>
> Pull his bail and let him hand himself in his holding cell.
>
> Cry me a river.

California did this, too, but I don't understand the point of these laws.

So the records are sealed at the state level, but when you're arrested, it's
automatically reported to NCIC, which is maintained by the FBI, so your
criminal arrest (and conviction, if relevant) will still show up on any
background check because the first thing such checks query is NCIC.