You will reach the highest possible point in your business or profession.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.Zod
`* Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.Will Dockery
 `* Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.Zod
  `- Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.W-Dockery

1
Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.

<d36e5322-b785-41a6-b41a-eb0efbac7f53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205415&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#205415

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 13:42:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Tue, 21 Mar 2023 20:42 UTC

On Saturday, November 3, 2007 at 6:01:16 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> Nightswimming, remembering that night
> September's coming soon
> I'm pining for the moon
> And what if there were two
> Side by side in orbit
> Around the fairest sun?
> That bright, tight forever drum
> Could not describe nightswimming
> You, I thought I knew you
> You, I cannot judge
> You, I thought you knew me,
> This one laughing quietly underneath my breath
> Nightswimming
> The photograph reflects,
> Every streetlight a reminder
> Nightswimming deserves a quiet night, deserves a quiet night
> -REM
> Currently listening :
> Automatic for the People (CD & DVD Audio)
> By R.E.M.
> This is one of my favourite songs ever. As a matter of fact its on my
> mp3 and I hear it on a daily basis. Thanks for the story! Wow. this
> makes the song even more special...
> Posted by Conny on Saturday, November 03, 2007 at 5:18 PM
> --
> Shadowville Speedway Blues
> In a taxi watching a sporting house
> Beside a Linwood vacant lot
> Silverdollar moon portspotting
> Constellation like a sailor's knot.
> The sky was black, ink and glitter in the night
> Train whine saxophone out beyond the light
> I'm in love with a ghost blue turns to grey
> Put a pyramid on my head to take my pain away.
> Hazel knew the karma, she kept it in a bottle
> Now I'm here on the receiving end
> At least I still know how to take a joke
> And laugh with none of my friends.
> Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
> Riding slow down a one way street
> Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
> Don't look back, don't admit defeat.
> Brown Reculse magic drifting around the shed
> Someone has it in for me I must not lose my head
> Moving with the speedo life several with me left behind
> Burned too many bridges defragmented my time.
> Somewhere in time I've seen all this before
> In a magazine or a dream of a distant war
> Manifested destiny a manifesto and a part
> All the actors still agree that ever had a heart.
> The good book and the fortune telling lady
> Black tooth mojo marked index cards
> Bundles over the side of Dillingham Bridge
> Splashing as ripples reflect from the stars.
> Hazel knew the karma she kept it in a bottle
> Now I'm here on the receiving end
> At least I still know how to take a joke
> And laugh with none of my friends.
> Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
> Riding slow down a one way street
> Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
> Don't look back, don't admit defeat.
> -Will Dockery (words)/Henry Conley (music)
> Rhino's open mic for music & poetry:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Rhinos-Open_Mic-02.PNG
> "Wobble" by Dockery & Conley (recorded August 14 2007):
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVIF2-qWIUc
> "Toxin on Glass" by Shadowville Installation - song by Gene Woolfolk
> Jr,Timothy Maxwell, Gary Frankfurth, & Will Dockery:

Ha... I see Geno know of which I speak...!

Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.

<8879339f-bf31-4029-a2a8-eb464f64b50an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205546&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#205546

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 13:36:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 20:36 UTC

On Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 4:42:08 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:
> [...]

> > Black tooth mojo marked index cards
> > Bundles over the side of Dillingham Bridge
> > Splashing as ripples reflect from the stars.
> > Hazel knew the karma she kept it in a bottle
> > Now I'm here on the receiving end
> > At least I still know how to take a joke
> > And laugh with none of my friends.
> > Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
> > Riding slow down a one way street
> > Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
> > Don't look back, don't admit defeat.
> > -Will Dockery (words)/Henry Conley (music)
> > Rhino's open mic for music & poetry:
> > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Rhinos-Open_Mic-02.PNG
> > "Wobble" by Dockery & Conley (recorded August 14 2007):
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVIF2-qWIUc
> > "Toxin on Glass" by Shadowville Installation - song by Gene Woolfolk
> > Jr,Timothy Maxwell, Gary Frankfurth, & Will Dockery:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XWUdCRbVnc
> Ha... I see Geno know of which I speak...!

I haven't seen Geno in a while, I need to stop by his house soon.

;)

Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.

<3c6e7493-7e65-4055-a293-6675297be8c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205712&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#205712

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 13:25:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 20:25 UTC

On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 4:36:01 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> [...]
> > > Splashing as ripples reflect from the stars.
> > > Hazel knew the karma she kept it in a bottle
> > > Now I'm here on the receiving end
> > > At least I still know how to take a joke
> > > And laugh with none of my friends.
> > > Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
> > > Riding slow down a one way street
> > > Shadowville, Shadowville Speedway
> > > Don't look back, don't admit defeat.
> > > -Will Dockery (words)/Henry Conley (music)
> > > Rhino's open mic for music & poetry:
> > > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Rhinos-Open_Mic-02.PNG
> > > "Wobble" by Dockery & Conley (recorded August 14 2007):
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVIF2-qWIUc
> > > "Toxin on Glass" by Shadowville Installation - song by Gene Woolfolk
> > > Jr,Timothy Maxwell, Gary Frankfurth, & Will Dockery:
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XWUdCRbVnc
> > Ha... I see Geno know of which I speak...!
> I haven't seen Geno in a while, I need to stop by his house soon.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.

<6daa1474045828fb96d7c013fc0c0c4e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206255&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#206255

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 03:03:43 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 03:03 UTC