A businessman is a hybrid of a dancer and a calculator. -- Paul Valery

arts / rec.arts.tv / Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

SubjectAuthor
* Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesshawn
|+* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
||`* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusestrotsky
|| `- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
|+* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesBTR1701
||+- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesAdam H. Kerman
||+- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
||`* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusestrotsky
|| `* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
||  `- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusestrotsky
|`* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesAdam H. Kerman
| `* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesRhino
|  `- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesThe Horny Goat
`* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesEGK
 +* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesAdam H. Kerman
 |+* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesEGK
 ||+* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesAdam H. Kerman
 |||+- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesEGK
 |||`* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesshawn
 ||| `* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
 |||  `* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesThe Horny Goat
 |||   `* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
 |||    `- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusestrotsky
 ||`* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
 || `* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusestrotsky
 ||  `- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
 |`* Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesBTR1701
 | +- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusestrotsky
 | `- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesFPP
 `- Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campusesRhino

Pages:12
Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug86mt$2cc09$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205503&group=rec.arts.tv#205503

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19 UTC

Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
by S.E. Cupp
Tribune Content Agency
October 11, 2023
https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/

That's a headline that grabs you.

She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
Strawn was withdrawn.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews

She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
anti-Israel sentiment among the young.

She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<nvkfii51huel70oo3h05fsvqndu6nhgue0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205506&group=rec.arts.tv#205506

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:21:48 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 11:21 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>by S.E. Cupp
>Tribune Content Agency
>October 11, 2023
>https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>
>That's a headline that grabs you.
>
>She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>Strawn was withdrawn.

Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.

I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
life.

>https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>
>She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>
>She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.

Can't blame her for that. What's sad is those people who believe the
various tropes likely don't even know any Jewish people. So they
believe these negative stereotypes without any evidence that they are
true. That is perhaps the most disheartening thing as it just shows
how easily they are manipulated.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug8r11$2go59$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205514&group=rec.arts.tv#205514

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 09:06:41 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 13:06 UTC

On 10/12/23 7:21 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>> by S.E. Cupp
>> Tribune Content Agency
>> October 11, 2023
>> https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>>
>> That's a headline that grabs you.
>>
>> She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>> nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>> association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>> Strawn was withdrawn.
>

> Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
> reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
> losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
> among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
> only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
> death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
> separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.
>
> I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
> the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
> at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
> the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
> That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
> life.
>
>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>>
>> She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>> violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>> anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>>
>> She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.
>
> Can't blame her for that. What's sad is those people who believe the
> various tropes likely don't even know any Jewish people. So they
> believe these negative stereotypes without any evidence that they are
> true. That is perhaps the most disheartening thing as it just shows
> how easily they are manipulated.

In an era where almost all knowledge is at almost everyone's fingertips
almost instantly... people know less about what's happening than ever
before.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<178d5f6e383564ce$1262$828744$7aa12caf@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205517&group=rec.arts.tv#205517

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 13:32:41 +0000
 by: trotsky - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 13:32 UTC

On 10/12/23 8:06 AM, FPP wrote:
>On 10/12/23 7:21 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>>> by S.E. Cupp
>>> Tribune Content Agency
>>> October 11, 2023
>>> https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>>>
>>> That's a headline that grabs you.
>>>
>>> She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>>> nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>>> association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>>> Strawn was withdrawn.
>>

>> Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
>> reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
>> losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
>> among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
>> only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
>> death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
>> separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.
>>
>> I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
>> the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
>> at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
>> the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
>> That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
>> life.
>>
>>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>>>
>>> She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>>> violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>>> anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>>>
>>> She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.
>>
>> Can't blame her for that. What's sad is those people who believe the
>> various tropes likely don't even know any Jewish people. So they
>> believe these negative stereotypes without any evidence that they are
>> true. That is perhaps the most disheartening thing as it just shows
>> how easily they are manipulated.
>>

>In an era where almost all knowledge is at almost everyone's fingertips
>almost instantly... people know less about what's happening than ever
>before.

Can you be more specific?
--
GOP sucks

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<5cSdnfx1fItNYLr4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205520&group=rec.arts.tv#205520

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:08:16 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:08 UTC

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>> by S.E. Cupp
>> Tribune Content Agency
>> October 11, 2023
>> https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>>
>> That's a headline that grabs you.
>>
>> She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>> nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>> association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>> Strawn was withdrawn.
>

> Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
> reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
> losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
> among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
> only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
> death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
> separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.
>
> I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
> the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
> at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
> the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
> That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
> life.

Can you believe the domestic terrorist organization Black Lives Matter has
come out in support of the domestic terrorist organization Hamas?

Talk about a plot twist!

>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>>
>> She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>> violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>> anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>>
>> She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.
>
> Can't blame her for that. What's sad is those people who believe the
> various tropes likely don't even know any Jewish people. So they
> believe these negative stereotypes without any evidence that they are
> true. That is perhaps the most disheartening thing as it just shows
> how easily they are manipulated.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug9839$2joho$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205535&group=rec.arts.tv#205535

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:49:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:49 UTC

>Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:

>>Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>>by S.E. Cupp
>>Tribune Content Agency
>>October 11, 2023
>>https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/

>>That's a headline that grabs you.

>>She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>>nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>>association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>>Strawn was withdrawn.

To clarify, "she" refers to the columnist S.E. Cupp. Ryna Workman, the
law student, is nonbinary.

>Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
>reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
>losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
>among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
>only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
>death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
>separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.

In a military action, there is no distinction to be made, given how very
tiny the Gaza Strip is. Hamas always launches rockets from civilian
areas, the higher the density, the better. They want civilians
sacrificed in as large numbers as possible so that Israel looks
unsympathetic in defending itself.

>I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
>the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
>at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
>the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
>That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
>life.

>>https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews

>>She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>>violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>>anti-Israel sentiment among the young.

>>She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.

>Can't blame her for that. What's sad is those people who believe the
>various tropes likely don't even know any Jewish people. So they
>believe these negative stereotypes without any evidence that they are
>true. That is perhaps the most disheartening thing as it just shows
>how easily they are manipulated.

I'm going to talk "too much" about the Holocaust here. I didn't live
through it. I didn't experience it. I don't think that I'm the target
audience for Holocaust museums. I've never wanted to visit the one in
Skokie.

I shouldn't have to be made to "feel" like one of the victims of mass
murder in order to empathize with the victims. I'm just supposed to know
right from wrong regardless of "feelings".

I don't know survivors of Stalinist purges nor Mao's programs nor Armenians
who survived the slaughter in post-Ottoman Turkey (nor the current ethnic
cleansing by the Azeris) nor of the Pol Pot regime nor Rwanda nor any of
the others. I'm just supposed to understand that there is a difference
between right and wrong.

I find it sickening that not knowing a victim nor someone directly
affected by evil has been used as the excuse here to refuse to
understand very basic morality.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug98dc$2joho$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205536&group=rec.arts.tv#205536

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:55:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:55 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>. . .

>Can you believe the domestic terrorist organization Black Lives Matter has
>come out in support of the domestic terrorist organization Hamas?

>Talk about a plot twist!

Hey! You didn't make the Chicago connection! That was local idiots in
BLM. Then the state BLM said they "regret" some "unfortunate" tweets,
and the national BLM denied all knowledge that such horribly
unempathetic people were in their movement.

Each and every time BLM is exposed as not a peaceful human rights
movement, it's swept under the rug.

There's nothing to see here folks.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<eobgiillj44t0ltjtn2s8uk6j75kmcrg83@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205539&group=rec.arts.tv#205539

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 13:50:59 -0400
 by: EGK - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:50 UTC

wrote:

>Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>by S.E. Cupp
>Tribune Content Agency
>October 11, 2023
>https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>
>That's a headline that grabs you.
>
>She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>Strawn was withdrawn.
>
>https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>
>She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>
>She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.

It's not just on campuses. Lots of leftists, even in Congress outright
root for Hamas. It's not just the squad either. There was senator Bernie
Sanders accusing Israel of committing war crimes after being attacked.

I'll never understand why Jewish people overwhelmingly vote Democratic.
Maybe it's the theory of progressiveness but it sure isn't what we see in
practice. It's just like blacks in America. We can all see what Dem
policies have done for blacks and inner cities everywhere yet they continue
to vote for those very policies. Jews and blacks keep voting against their
own self-interests, time and time again. Then they cling to anti-Semitism
and racism for the reason why nothing improves.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug9dhj$2l2an$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205541&group=rec.arts.tv#205541

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:22:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:22 UTC

EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
>Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:

>>Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>>by S.E. Cupp
>>Tribune Content Agency
>>October 11, 2023
>>https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/

>>That's a headline that grabs you.

>>She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>>nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>>association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>>Strawn was withdrawn.

>>https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews

>>She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>>violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>>anti-Israel sentiment among the young.

>>She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.

>It's not just on campuses. Lots of leftists, even in Congress outright
>root for Hamas. It's not just the squad either. There was senator Bernie
>Sanders accusing Israel of committing war crimes after being attacked.

Yeah, I know. It's not just Bernie's solo opinion, but given that Bernie
has influenced most American socialists over the last couple of decades,
it's the opinion of most of his followers.

>I'll never understand why Jewish people overwhelmingly vote Democratic.

I've explained why I'm a Democrat. But Republicans today aren't the
Republicans from when I was a kid, who had modern opinions and supported
women's rights when Democrats weren't.

I admired Gerald Ford; too young to vote for him in 1976. But the local
Republicans elected to the state legislature from the suburbs where I grew
up were political hacks and I didn't care for Ronald Reagan. I was too
young to vote in 1980; I couldn't stand Jimmah Carter either.

I just wanted to get rid of the local hacks I knew.

>Maybe it's the theory of progressiveness but it sure isn't what we see in
>practice. It's just like blacks in America. We can all see what Dem
>policies have done for blacks and inner cities everywhere yet they continue
>to vote for those very policies. Jews and blacks keep voting against their
>own self-interests, time and time again. Then they cling to anti-Semitism
>and racism for the reason why nothing improves.

Sure. Blacks allow their votes to be taken for granted by the Democratic
Party and have gotten almost completely fucked over.

Why would they vote Republican? It's not the party of Lincoln any
longer.

If you care to restart the Whig Party, I'm willing to be persuaded.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<20231012144251.00006af5@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205551&group=rec.arts.tv#205551

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:42:51 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:42 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:49:45 -0000 (UTC)

Bravo! Very well said!!

--
Rhino

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<lmfgiit2a5vb85p681manea9bs043dsb3n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205553&group=rec.arts.tv#205553

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:51:47 -0400
 by: EGK - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:51 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:22:43 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
wrote:

>EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
>>Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:
>
>>>Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>>>by S.E. Cupp
>>>Tribune Content Agency
>>>October 11, 2023
>>>https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>
>>>That's a headline that grabs you.
>
>>>She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>>>nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>>>association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>>>Strawn was withdrawn.
>
>>>https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>
>>>She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>>>violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>>>anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>
>>>She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.
>
>>It's not just on campuses. Lots of leftists, even in Congress outright
>>root for Hamas. It's not just the squad either. There was senator Bernie
>>Sanders accusing Israel of committing war crimes after being attacked.
>
>Yeah, I know. It's not just Bernie's solo opinion, but given that Bernie
>has influenced most American socialists over the last couple of decades,
>it's the opinion of most of his followers.
>
>>I'll never understand why Jewish people overwhelmingly vote Democratic.
>
>I've explained why I'm a Democrat. But Republicans today aren't the
>Republicans from when I was a kid, who had modern opinions and supported
>women's rights when Democrats weren't.

I think most Republicans still do. Perhaps not the ones who get elected
though.

>I admired Gerald Ford; too young to vote for him in 1976. But the local
>Republicans elected to the state legislature from the suburbs where I grew
>up were political hacks and I didn't care for Ronald Reagan. I was too
>young to vote in 1980; I couldn't stand Jimmah Carter either.
>
>I just wanted to get rid of the local hacks I knew.

So who is there now? I know you live around Chicago. It seems like you've
traded local hacks from one party for radical leftists in the other.

>>Maybe it's the theory of progressiveness but it sure isn't what we see in
>>practice. It's just like blacks in America. We can all see what Dem
>>policies have done for blacks and inner cities everywhere yet they continue
>>to vote for those very policies. Jews and blacks keep voting against their
>>own self-interests, time and time again. Then they cling to anti-Semitism
>>and racism for the reason why nothing improves.
>
>Sure. Blacks allow their votes to be taken for granted by the Democratic
>Party and have gotten almost completely fucked over.
>
>Why would they vote Republican? It's not the party of Lincoln any
>longer.

I would say that the Democrats have changed much more than the Republicans.
They aren't the party of JFK (to use one of the patron saints of the Dems)
any longer either. I think they've become way more radical than the GOP.
Your example above of learning from the feet of Bernie Sanders is apt but
also from all the liberal teachers and college professors who have
radicalized those same college students your original post was about.

>If you care to restart the Whig Party, I'm willing to be persuaded.

What we really need is term limits to get rid of the professional
politicians on both sides who cater to the extremes in order to get
reelected. I mean Joe Biden? He was considered an idiot even by his own
party for almost 50yrs.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<20231012145942.00000400@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205555&group=rec.arts.tv#205555

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:59:42 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:59 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 13:50:59 -0400
EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
> >by S.E. Cupp
> >Tribune Content Agency
> >October 11, 2023
> >https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
> >
> >That's a headline that grabs you.
> >
> >She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
> >nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in
> >the association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from
> >Winston and Strawn was withdrawn.
> >
> >https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
> >
> >She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
> >violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
> >anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
> >
> >She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.
>
> It's not just on campuses. Lots of leftists, even in Congress
> outright root for Hamas. It's not just the squad either. There was
> senator Bernie Sanders accusing Israel of committing war crimes after
> being attacked.

We've had much the same experience here in Canada:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/terrorist-sympathizers-on-parliament-hill-canadas-palestinian-extremism-problem

> I'll never understand why Jewish people overwhelmingly vote
> Democratic. Maybe it's the theory of progressiveness but it sure
> isn't what we see in practice. It's just like blacks in America.
> We can all see what Dem policies have done for blacks and inner
> cities everywhere yet they continue to vote for those very policies.
> Jews and blacks keep voting against their own self-interests, time
> and time again. Then they cling to anti-Semitism and racism for the
> reason why nothing improves.

--
Rhino

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug9hhl$2lut3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205557&group=rec.arts.tv#205557

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:31:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:31 UTC

EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
>Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:22:43 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

>>>It's not just on campuses. Lots of leftists, even in Congress outright
>>>root for Hamas. It's not just the squad either. There was senator Bernie
>>>Sanders accusing Israel of committing war crimes after being attacked.

>>Yeah, I know. It's not just Bernie's solo opinion, but given that Bernie
>>has influenced most American socialists over the last couple of decades,
>>it's the opinion of most of his followers.

>>>I'll never understand why Jewish people overwhelmingly vote Democratic.

>>I've explained why I'm a Democrat. But Republicans today aren't the
>>Republicans from when I was a kid, who had modern opinions and supported
>>women's rights when Democrats weren't.

>I think most Republicans still do. Perhaps not the ones who get elected
>though.

I've got to believe they represent the majority of their constituents,
not necessarily Republicans elsewhere in the country.

>>I admired Gerald Ford; too young to vote for him in 1976. But the local
>>Republicans elected to the state legislature from the suburbs where I grew
>>up were political hacks and I didn't care for Ronald Reagan. I was too
>>young to vote in 1980; I couldn't stand Jimmah Carter either.

>>I just wanted to get rid of the local hacks I knew.

>So who is there now? I know you live around Chicago. It seems like you've
>traded local hacks from one party for radical leftists in the other.

If I hadn't grown up in the suburbs, and Republicans in the city were
recognizeable as classical liberals, perhaps I'd have been a Republican,
but I certainly remember the mayoral election Harold Washington versus
Bernie Epton in 1983. Republicans played up anti-black sentiments in
support of their nominee Epton, who wasn't a racist but didn't stop the
crap. Not the behavior one expects of the party of Lincoln.

>>>Maybe it's the theory of progressiveness but it sure isn't what we see in
>>>practice. It's just like blacks in America. We can all see what Dem
>>>policies have done for blacks and inner cities everywhere yet they continue
>>>to vote for those very policies. Jews and blacks keep voting against their
>>>own self-interests, time and time again. Then they cling to anti-Semitism
>>>and racism for the reason why nothing improves.

>>Sure. Blacks allow their votes to be taken for granted by the Democratic
>>Party and have gotten almost completely fucked over.

>>Why would they vote Republican? It's not the party of Lincoln any
>>longer.

>I would say that the Democrats have changed much more than the Republicans.
>They aren't the party of JFK (to use one of the patron saints of the Dems)
>any longer either. I think they've become way more radical than the GOP.
>Your example above of learning from the feet of Bernie Sanders is apt but
>also from all the liberal teachers and college professors who have
>radicalized those same college students your original post was about.

Yes, I'm disgusted.

>>If you care to restart the Whig Party, I'm willing to be persuaded.

>What we really need is term limits to get rid of the professional
>politicians on both sides who cater to the extremes in order to get
>reelected. I mean Joe Biden? He was considered an idiot even by his own
>party for almost 50yrs.

I still prefer the OTHER politicians we elected in to Congress from both
parties in the 1970s to recent decades. Can you remember when Congress
wasn't a national disgrace? It was a very long time ago.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<3iigiit2a5vb85p681manea9bs043dsbv2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205559&group=rec.arts.tv#205559

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:41:24 -0400
 by: EGK - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:41 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:31:02 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
wrote:

>EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

>>>Yeah, I know. It's not just Bernie's solo opinion, but given that Bernie
>>>has influenced most American socialists over the last couple of decades,
>>>it's the opinion of most of his followers.

>>>I've explained why I'm a Democrat. But Republicans today aren't the
>>>Republicans from when I was a kid, who had modern opinions and supported
>>>women's rights when Democrats weren't.
>
>>I think most Republicans still do. Perhaps not the ones who get elected
>>though.
>
>I've got to believe they represent the majority of their constituents,
>not necessarily Republicans elsewhere in the country.
>
>>>I admired Gerald Ford; too young to vote for him in 1976. But the local
>>>Republicans elected to the state legislature from the suburbs where I grew
>>>up were political hacks and I didn't care for Ronald Reagan. I was too
>>>young to vote in 1980; I couldn't stand Jimmah Carter either.
>
>>>I just wanted to get rid of the local hacks I knew.
>
>>So who is there now? I know you live around Chicago. It seems like you've
>>traded local hacks from one party for radical leftists in the other.
>
>If I hadn't grown up in the suburbs, and Republicans in the city were
>recognizeable as classical liberals, perhaps I'd have been a Republican,
>but I certainly remember the mayoral election Harold Washington versus
>Bernie Epton in 1983. Republicans played up anti-black sentiments in
>support of their nominee Epton, who wasn't a racist but didn't stop the
>crap. Not the behavior one expects of the party of Lincoln.

>>>Sure. Blacks allow their votes to be taken for granted by the Democratic
>>>Party and have gotten almost completely fucked over.
>
>>>Why would they vote Republican? It's not the party of Lincoln any
>>>longer.
>
>>I would say that the Democrats have changed much more than the Republicans.
>>They aren't the party of JFK (to use one of the patron saints of the Dems)
>>any longer either. I think they've become way more radical than the GOP.
>>Your example above of learning from the feet of Bernie Sanders is apt but
>>also from all the liberal teachers and college professors who have
>>radicalized those same college students your original post was about.
>
>Yes, I'm disgusted.
>
>>>If you care to restart the Whig Party, I'm willing to be persuaded.
>
>>What we really need is term limits to get rid of the professional
>>politicians on both sides who cater to the extremes in order to get
>>reelected. I mean Joe Biden? He was considered an idiot even by his own
>>party for almost 50yrs.
>
>I still prefer the OTHER politicians we elected in to Congress from both
>parties in the 1970s to recent decades. Can you remember when Congress
>wasn't a national disgrace? It was a very long time ago.

I remember those times. The main difference is the people and Congress
weren't nearly so divided back then and there was more decorum. The parties
had their differences but they could still often work together to get things
done.
The way it is now just goes to my theory that politics for both the
politicians and electorate is nothing more than a national sport. It's not
about right and wrong or working for the betterment of society. The
predominant attitude seems to only be whether my side wins, and even more
important, your side loses.

I'm personally infuriated by the people and politicians who act lke cutting
off the heads of babies is no big deal and somehow Israel brought this on
itself.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<urlgiidd3t2glcq3e4r4puevr445ou17kj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205568&group=rec.arts.tv#205568

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:33:00 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 20:33 UTC

<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

>>>Yeah, I know. It's not just Bernie's solo opinion, but given that Bernie
>>>has influenced most American socialists over the last couple of decades,
>>>it's the opinion of most of his followers.

>>>I've explained why I'm a Democrat. But Republicans today aren't the
>>>Republicans from when I was a kid, who had modern opinions and supported
>>>women's rights when Democrats weren't.
>
>>I think most Republicans still do. Perhaps not the ones who get elected
>>though.
>
>I've got to believe they represent the majority of their constituents,
>not necessarily Republicans elsewhere in the country.
>
>>>I admired Gerald Ford; too young to vote for him in 1976. But the local
>>>Republicans elected to the state legislature from the suburbs where I grew
>>>up were political hacks and I didn't care for Ronald Reagan. I was too
>>>young to vote in 1980; I couldn't stand Jimmah Carter either.
>
>>>I just wanted to get rid of the local hacks I knew.
>
>>So who is there now? I know you live around Chicago. It seems like you've
>>traded local hacks from one party for radical leftists in the other.
>
>If I hadn't grown up in the suburbs, and Republicans in the city were
>recognizeable as classical liberals, perhaps I'd have been a Republican,
>but I certainly remember the mayoral election Harold Washington versus
>Bernie Epton in 1983. Republicans played up anti-black sentiments in
>support of their nominee Epton, who wasn't a racist but didn't stop the
>crap. Not the behavior one expects of the party of Lincoln.

>>>Sure. Blacks allow their votes to be taken for granted by the Democratic
>>>Party and have gotten almost completely fucked over.
>
>>>Why would they vote Republican? It's not the party of Lincoln any
>>>longer.
>
>>I would say that the Democrats have changed much more than the Republicans.
>>They aren't the party of JFK (to use one of the patron saints of the Dems)
>>any longer either. I think they've become way more radical than the GOP.
>>Your example above of learning from the feet of Bernie Sanders is apt but
>>also from all the liberal teachers and college professors who have
>>radicalized those same college students your original post was about.
>
>Yes, I'm disgusted.
>
>>>If you care to restart the Whig Party, I'm willing to be persuaded.
>
>>What we really need is term limits to get rid of the professional
>>politicians on both sides who cater to the extremes in order to get
>>reelected. I mean Joe Biden? He was considered an idiot even by his own
>>party for almost 50yrs.
>
>I still prefer the OTHER politicians we elected in to Congress from both
>parties in the 1970s to recent decades. Can you remember when Congress
>wasn't a national disgrace? It was a very long time ago.

I feel like things started on the down turn when Newt Gingrich joined
Congress. (Yet another Georgia contribution to our political history.)
He always seemed to be on the attack even though he was also
politically astute, unlike some of our current Congressional critters.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug9nbs$2n751$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205575&group=rec.arts.tv#205575

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:10:20 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:10 UTC

On 10/12/23 9:32 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 10/12/23 8:06 AM, FPP wrote:
>> On 10/12/23 7:21 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
>>> reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
>>> losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
>>> among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
>>> only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
>>> death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
>>> separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.
>>>
>>> I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
>>> the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
>>> at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
>>> the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
>>> That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
>>> life.

>>> Can't blame her for that. What's sad is those people who believe the
>>> various tropes likely don't even know any Jewish people. So they
>>> believe these negative stereotypes without any evidence that they are
>>> true. That is perhaps the most disheartening thing as it just shows
>>> how easily they are manipulated.
>>>

>> In an era where almost all knowledge is at almost everyone's
>> fingertips almost instantly... people know less about what's happening
>> than ever before.
>

> Can you be more specific?

People used to know facts because there weren't a lot of sources for
them. Now every fucker with an internet connection can concoct his own
"facts".

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug9nuc$2ncab$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205577&group=rec.arts.tv#205577

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:20:11 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:20 UTC

On 10/12/23 10:08 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>>> by S.E. Cupp
>>> Tribune Content Agency
>>> October 11, 2023
>>> https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>>>
>>> That's a headline that grabs you.
>>>
>>> She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>>> nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>>> association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>>> Strawn was withdrawn.
>>

>> Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
>> reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
>> losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
>> among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
>> only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
>> death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
>> separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.
>>
>> I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
>> the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
>> at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
>> the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
>> That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
>> life.
>
> Can you believe the domestic terrorist organization Black Lives Matter has
> come out in support of the domestic terrorist organization Hamas?
>
> Talk about a plot twist!
>
>>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>>>
>>> She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>>> violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>>> anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>>>
>>> She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.
>>
>> Can't blame her for that. What's sad is those people who believe the
>> various tropes likely don't even know any Jewish people. So they
>> believe these negative stereotypes without any evidence that they are
>> true. That is perhaps the most disheartening thing as it just shows
>> how easily they are manipulated.

I know a couple of chapters have... and have been denounced by my side.
Now you do yours.

See... that's the difference between the two sides. We booted Franken
out, even though what he did wasn't anything more than foolish. We
called for Menendez to do the same.

George Santos/Amthony Devolder/Anthony Zabrovsky/Kitara Ravache still
hasn't stepped down.

Nor has the hand-job/titty grabbin' Lauren Bobert.
You guys glorify them... we don't.

Your leader has 91 charges against him, and he's still your front-runner.
Yesterday, he called Hezbollah "very smart".

> You know, Hezbollah is very smart. They're all very smart," Trump said.
> Israel "has a national defense minister or somebody saying, 'I hope
Hezbollah doesn't attack us from the north.' So the following morning,
they attacked," Trump went on. "If you listen to this jerk, you would
attack from the north because he said, 'That's our weak spot.'"
> "When they have people saying the wrong things, everything they say
is being digested by these people because they're vicious and they're smart.

So fuck all the way off with your false equivalencies. You have no
business pointing fingers anywhere.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug9nvs$2ncab$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205578&group=rec.arts.tv#205578

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:21:00 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:21 UTC

On 10/12/23 2:51 PM, EGK wrote:
> I would say that the Democrats have changed much more than the Republicans.

That's all we need to know about your keen powers of analysis.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<Dnmdnc1O3u13_rX4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205579&group=rec.arts.tv#205579

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:23:54 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:23 UTC

On Oct 12, 2023 at 11:22:43 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com>
wrote:

> EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
>> Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:
>
>>> Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>>> by S.E. Cupp
>>> Tribune Content Agency
>>> October 11, 2023
>>>
>>> https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>
>>> That's a headline that grabs you.
>
>>> She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>>> nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>>> association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>>> Strawn was withdrawn.
>

>>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>
>>> She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>>> violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>>> anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>
>>> She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.
>
>> It's not just on campuses. Lots of leftists, even in Congress outright
>> root for Hamas. It's not just the squad either. There was senator Bernie
>> Sanders accusing Israel of committing war crimes after being attacked.
>
> Yeah, I know. It's not just Bernie's solo opinion, but given that Bernie
> has influenced most American socialists over the last couple of decades,
> it's the opinion of most of his followers.
>
>> I'll never understand why Jewish people overwhelmingly vote Democratic.
>
> I've explained why I'm a Democrat. But Republicans today aren't the
> Republicans from when I was a kid, who had modern opinions and supported
> women's rights when Democrats weren't.

Neither party remotely resembles what they were when I was a kid. They're all
a bunch of lunatics now.

> I admired Gerald Ford; too young to vote for him in 1976.

I stood in a McDonald's in Colorado with Ford while he argued with the manager
about why his Filet o' Fish coupon from California should be just as good in
Aspen as it is in Palm Springs.

The manager was some 20-something who had no idea she was arguing with a
former president of the United States and not just some grumpy old codger
trying to save 50 cents on a reheated fish sandwich.

> If you care to restart the Whig Party, I'm willing to be persuaded.

I'm a Know Nothing!

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<ug9o7m$2ndvi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205580&group=rec.arts.tv#205580

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:25:08 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:25 UTC

On 10/12/23 4:33 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:31:02 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

>>> I think most Republicans still do. Perhaps not the ones who get elected
>>> though.
>>
>> I've got to believe they represent the majority of their constituents,
>> not necessarily Republicans elsewhere in the country.

>>> So who is there now? I know you live around Chicago. It seems like you've
>>> traded local hacks from one party for radical leftists in the other.
>>
>> If I hadn't grown up in the suburbs, and Republicans in the city were
>> recognizeable as classical liberals, perhaps I'd have been a Republican,
>> but I certainly remember the mayoral election Harold Washington versus
>> Bernie Epton in 1983. Republicans played up anti-black sentiments in
>> support of their nominee Epton, who wasn't a racist but didn't stop the
>> crap. Not the behavior one expects of the party of Lincoln.

>>> I would say that the Democrats have changed much more than the Republicans.
>>> They aren't the party of JFK (to use one of the patron saints of the Dems)
>>> any longer either. I think they've become way more radical than the GOP.
>>> Your example above of learning from the feet of Bernie Sanders is apt but
>>> also from all the liberal teachers and college professors who have
>>> radicalized those same college students your original post was about.
>>
>> Yes, I'm disgusted.

>>> What we really need is term limits to get rid of the professional
>>> politicians on both sides who cater to the extremes in order to get
>>> reelected. I mean Joe Biden? He was considered an idiot even by his own
>>> party for almost 50yrs.
>>
>> I still prefer the OTHER politicians we elected in to Congress from both
>> parties in the 1970s to recent decades. Can you remember when Congress
>> wasn't a national disgrace? It was a very long time ago.
>
> I feel like things started on the down turn when Newt Gingrich joined
> Congress. (Yet another Georgia contribution to our political history.)
> He always seemed to be on the attack even though he was also
> politically astute, unlike some of our current Congressional critters.

Bullshit! It was Obama's tan suit that did it. Well, that, and the
"fancy French mustard" he ordered on his burger once. And saluting a
Marine with a coffee cup in his hand.

How can you excuse those atrocities?

We all know the truth. He was a gay Muslim man married to a transsexual
wife who wasn't even born here.

Or so I'm told. (Got it straight from JFK Jr.)

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<%r%VM.10499$Ssze.4327@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205602&group=rec.arts.tv#205602

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:38:35 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 23:38 UTC

On 10/12/23 9:08 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:19:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses
>>> by S.E. Cupp
>>> Tribune Content Agency
>>> October 11, 2023
>>> https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/s-e-cupp-hamas-massacres-expose-moral-rot-on-campuses/
>>>
>>> That's a headline that grabs you.
>>>
>>> She's critical of the head of the student bar at NYU Law School,
>>> nonbinary Ryna Workman, who blamed Israel for the attack by Hamas in the
>>> association's weekly newsletter. Workman's job offer from Winston and
>>> Strawn was withdrawn.
>>

>> Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
>> reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
>> losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
>> among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
>> only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
>> death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
>> separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.
>>
>> I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
>> the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
>> at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
>> the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
>> That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
>> life.
>
> Can you believe the domestic terrorist organization Black Lives Matter has
> come out in support of the domestic terrorist organization Hamas?
>
> Talk about a plot twist!

Sounds more like you're performing your own titty twist! Is there
anything you do or say that isn't perverted. Oh and the Oath Keepers
are the terrorist organization. I know, you need testicles to be able
to talk about these guys. Maybe Effa can help you by further expounding
on the facts.

>>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nonbinary-nyu-student-bar-association-president-loses-job-offer-defending-hamas-terror-attack-jews
>>>
>>> She condemns some in the younger generation for their support of
>>> violence to redress cultural and political grievances, and a rise in
>>> anti-Israel sentiment among the young.
>>>
>>> She condemns a disturbing lack of empathy among the young.
>>
>> Can't blame her for that. What's sad is those people who believe the
>> various tropes likely don't even know any Jewish people. So they
>> believe these negative stereotypes without any evidence that they are
>> true. That is perhaps the most disheartening thing as it just shows
>> how easily they are manipulated.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<qK%VM.39666$sxoa.33080@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205608&group=rec.arts.tv#205608

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:58:14 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 23:58 UTC

On 10/12/23 4:21 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 10/12/23 2:51 PM, EGK wrote:
>> I would say that the Democrats have changed much more than the
>> Republicans.
>
> That's all we need to know about your keen powers of analysis.

I'm surprised that guy can even spell "EGK."

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<qM%VM.39667$sxoa.12504@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205609&group=rec.arts.tv#205609

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:00:21 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 00:00 UTC

On 10/12/23 4:23 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2023 at 11:22:43 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

>>> It's not just on campuses. Lots of leftists, even in Congress outright
>>> root for Hamas. It's not just the squad either. There was senator Bernie
>>> Sanders accusing Israel of committing war crimes after being attacked.
>>
>> Yeah, I know. It's not just Bernie's solo opinion, but given that Bernie
>> has influenced most American socialists over the last couple of decades,
>> it's the opinion of most of his followers.
>>
>>> I'll never understand why Jewish people overwhelmingly vote Democratic.
>>
>> I've explained why I'm a Democrat. But Republicans today aren't the
>> Republicans from when I was a kid, who had modern opinions and supported
>> women's rights when Democrats weren't.
>
> Neither party remotely resembles what they were when I was a kid. They're all
> a bunch of lunatics now.

"When an anonyshit was a kid" is a hell of a yardstick.

>> I admired Gerald Ford; too young to vote for him in 1976.
>
> I stood in a McDonald's in Colorado with Ford while he argued with the manager
> about why his Filet o' Fish coupon from California should be just as good in
> Aspen as it is in Palm Springs.
>
> The manager was some 20-something who had no idea she was arguing with a
> former president of the United States and not just some grumpy old codger
> trying to save 50 cents on a reheated fish sandwich.
>
>> If you care to restart the Whig Party, I'm willing to be persuaded.
>
> I'm a Know Nothing!

Overstating the obvious.

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<uga1jf$2pa0v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205612&group=rec.arts.tv#205612

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 20:05:02 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 00:05 UTC

On 10/12/23 7:38 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 10/12/23 9:08 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Ah, before reading the article I thought she might have had a more
>>> reasoned approach and this might have been a bit of an overkill in
>>> losing the job offer. After reading the article it's clear that she is
>>> among that group of young people that apparently value the lives on
>>> only one side. I saw video of various young people calling for the
>>> death of all Palestinians yesterday. Apparently these people can't
>>> separate the average Palestinian from the members of Hamas.
>>>
>>> I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone as I recall people calling for
>>> the nuking of the Middle East after the 9/11 attack. I'm more amazed
>>> at someone who is working so hard to be a lawyer seemingly unaware of
>>> the implications of her/his words or perhaps they just didn't care.
>>> That would fit with their apparent uncaring of the loss of Israeli
>>> life.
>>
>> Can you believe the domestic terrorist organization Black Lives Matter
>> has
>> come out in support of the domestic terrorist organization Hamas?
>>
>> Talk about a plot twist!
>

> Sounds more like you're performing your own titty twist!  Is there
> anything you do or say that isn't perverted.  Oh and the Oath Keepers
> are the terrorist organization.  I know, you need testicles to be able
> to talk about these guys.  Maybe Effa can help you by further expounding
> on the facts.

He's praised Oathkeepers. I'm sure he'll deny it, but he's lied about
what the Oathkeepers are all about.

He's said no cops were maimed or killed on Jan 6, despite seeing the
videos and testimony to the contrary.

He doesn't seem bothered by seditionists and cop beaters. But God
forbid it anybody in BLM does something similar. And he wants us to
believe a few members of BLM represent the entire organization.

It's like me saying ALL Secret Service agents are drunks and whore
mongers just because a few of them were. Or all Secret Service agents
deleted evidence from their phones just because most of them did.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Hamas massacres expose moral rot on campuses

<j%%VM.18086$w4ec.6951@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205615&group=rec.arts.tv#205615

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:16:13 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 00:16 UTC

On 10/12/23 7:05 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 10/12/23 7:38 PM, trotsky wrote:

>>> Can you believe the domestic terrorist organization Black Lives
>>> Matter has
>>> come out in support of the domestic terrorist organization Hamas?
>>>
>>> Talk about a plot twist!
>>

>> Sounds more like you're performing your own titty twist!  Is there
>> anything you do or say that isn't perverted.  Oh and the Oath Keepers
>> are the terrorist organization.  I know, you need testicles to be able
>> to talk about these guys.  Maybe Effa can help you by further
>> expounding on the facts.
>
> He's praised Oathkeepers.  I'm sure he'll deny it, but he's lied about
> what the Oathkeepers are all about.
>
> He's said no cops were maimed or killed on Jan 6, despite seeing the
> videos and testimony to the contrary.
>
> He doesn't seem bothered by seditionists and cop beaters.  But God
> forbid it anybody in BLM does something similar.  And he wants us to
> believe a few members of BLM represent the entire organization.

"BLM" is irrelevant. For several years it was "antifa." They're just
vomitting up whatever they can think of.