From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Bribery charge versus Bob Menendez and wife
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:09:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:09 UTC

There's now an explanation for the bribery charges against Bob Menendez
and his wife.

In 2018, Nadine Arslanian, not yet married to Menendez, struck and
killed a pedestrian crossing the street. She told police that he ran
across the street and "jumped onto the hood" of her car. The pedestrian
smashed her windshield. She then destroyed the front end of the vehicle
crashing into a parked car.

Did the pedestrian jump, or was he flipped up and over because of the
force she struck him with?

There was no complete police investigation. They didn't determine how
fast she was going; if there's excessive speed, it can be difficult for
the pedestrian to judge speed of the approaching vehicle. No charges.

The bribery charges aren't related to Menendez using his clout to thwart
a full police investigation but because, a month later, she was in
"desperate" need of a new vehicle. Maybe she shouldn't drive?

She got a Mercedes-Benz C300 convertible from a businessman connected to
Menendez. Menendez used his clout to try to suppress the prosecution
against this businessman.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2023/10/04/bob-menendez-wife-car-accident-bogota-nj-police-indictment/71051427007/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

https://apnews.com/article/menendez-bribery-fatal-crash-new-jersey-f99dc5625097d5f6309f56e19f0fb5a4

Re: Bribery charge versus Bob Menendez and wife

<7e346c8c-670e-47c8-887c-07cf73dbde12n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205542&group=rec.arts.tv#205542

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 11:24:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Bribery charge versus Bob Menendez and wife
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:24 UTC

On Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 11:09:44 AM UTC-7, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> There's now an explanation for the bribery charges against Bob Menendez
> and his wife.
>
> In 2018, Nadine Arslanian, not yet married to Menendez, struck and
> killed a pedestrian crossing the street. She told police that he ran
> across the street and "jumped onto the hood" of her car. The pedestrian
> smashed her windshield. She then destroyed the front end of the vehicle
> crashing into a parked car.
>
> Did the pedestrian jump, or was he flipped up and over because of the
> force she struck him with?
>
> There was no complete police investigation. They didn't determine how
> fast she was going; if there's excessive speed, it can be difficult for
> the pedestrian to judge speed of the approaching vehicle. No charges.
>
> The bribery charges aren't related to Menendez using his clout to thwart
> a full police investigation but because, a month later, she was in
> "desperate" need of a new vehicle. Maybe she shouldn't drive?
>
> She got a Mercedes-Benz C300 convertible from a businessman connected to
> Menendez. Menendez used his clout to try to suppress the prosecution
> against this businessman.
>
> https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2023/10/04/bob-menendez-wife-car-accident-bogota-nj-police-indictment/71051427007/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot
>
> https://apnews.com/article/menendez-bribery-fatal-crash-new-jersey-f99dc5625097d5f6309f56e19f0fb5a4

Yahbut Stuttttering John was scammed by a pedicab in times square. So its a wash.

Re: Bribery charge versus Bob Menendez and wife

<ug9ffl$2lci6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205554&group=rec.arts.tv#205554

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 11:55:49 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:55 UTC

On 10/12/23 11:09 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> There's now an explanation for the bribery charges against Bob Menendez
> and his wife.
>
> In 2018, Nadine Arslanian, not yet married to Menendez, struck and
> killed a pedestrian crossing the street. She told police that he ran
> across the street and "jumped onto the hood" of her car. The pedestrian
> smashed her windshield. She then destroyed the front end of the vehicle
> crashing into a parked car.
>
> Did the pedestrian jump, or was he flipped up and over because of the
> force she struck him with?
>
> There was no complete police investigation. They didn't determine how
> fast she was going; if there's excessive speed, it can be difficult for
> the pedestrian to judge speed of the approaching vehicle. No charges.
>
> The bribery charges aren't related to Menendez using his clout to thwart
> a full police investigation but because, a month later, she was in
> "desperate" need of a new vehicle. Maybe she shouldn't drive?
>
> She got a Mercedes-Benz C300 convertible from a businessman connected to
> Menendez. Menendez used his clout to try to suppress the prosecution
> against this businessman.
>
> https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2023/10/04/bob-menendez-wife-car-accident-bogota-nj-police-indictment/71051427007/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot
>
> https://apnews.com/article/menendez-bribery-fatal-crash-new-jersey-f99dc5625097d5f6309f56e19f0fb5a4

He's a Democrat - ergo, they did nothing wrong.

Re: Bribery charge versus Bob Menendez and wife

<ug9gg5$2lla4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205556&group=rec.arts.tv#205556

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:13:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:13 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 10/12/23 11:09 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>
>> There's now an explanation for the bribery charges against Bob Menendez
>> and his wife.
>>
>> In 2018, Nadine Arslanian, not yet married to Menendez, struck and
>> killed a pedestrian crossing the street. She told police that he ran
>> across the street and "jumped onto the hood" of her car. The pedestrian
>> smashed her windshield. She then destroyed the front end of the vehicle
>> crashing into a parked car.
>>
>> Did the pedestrian jump, or was he flipped up and over because of the
>> force she struck him with?
>>
>> There was no complete police investigation. They didn't determine how
>> fast she was going; if there's excessive speed, it can be difficult for
>> the pedestrian to judge speed of the approaching vehicle. No charges.
>>
>> The bribery charges aren't related to Menendez using his clout to thwart
>> a full police investigation but because, a month later, she was in
>> "desperate" need of a new vehicle. Maybe she shouldn't drive?
>>
>> She got a Mercedes-Benz C300 convertible from a businessman connected to
>> Menendez. Menendez used his clout to try to suppress the prosecution
>> against this businessman.
>>

>https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2023/10/04/bob-menendez-wife-car-accident-bogota-nj-police-indictment/71051427007/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot
>>

>https://apnews.com/article/menendez-bribery-fatal-crash-new-jersey-f99dc5625097d5f6309f56e19f0fb5a4
>
>He's a Democrat - ergo, they did nothing wrong.

Isn't the US Attorney a Democrat, Ian?