From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Subject: This just in from TwitteX.
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 10:13:02 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 15:13 UTC

CALL TO ACTIVISM
@CalltoActivism

An Alabama woman was imprisoned for “endangering' her fetus.”

Then she gave birth in a jail shower.

Sheriffs in Etowah county, Alabama, arrested Ashley Caswell on
accusations that she’d tested positive for methamphetamine while
pregnant and was “endangering” her fetus.

Caswell, who was two months pregnant at the time, became one of a
growing number of women imprisoned in the county in the name of
protecting their “unborn children”.

But over the next seven months of incarceration for “chemical
endangerment” in the Etowah county detention center (ECDC), Caswell was
denied regular access to prenatal visits, even as officials were aware
her pregnancy was high-risk due to her hypertension and abnormal pap
smears, according to a lawsuit filed on Friday against the county and
the sheriff’s department.

She was also denied her prescribed psychiatric medication and slept on a
thin mat on the concrete floor of the detention center for her entire
pregnancy.

When her water broke and she pleaded to be taken to a hospital, her
lawyer says, officials told her to “sleep it off” and “wait until
Monday” to deliver – two days away.

During nearly 12 hours of labor, staff gave her only Tylenol for her
pain, the suit says, allegedly telling her to “stop screaming”, to “deal
with the pain” and that she was “not in full labor”.

Caswell lost amniotic fluid and blood and was alone and standing up in a
jail shower when she ultimately delivered her child.

She nearly bled to death.

Republicans are Pro-Life my ass.

Re: This just in from TwitteX.

<ugh0jv$iqft$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205907&group=rec.arts.tv#205907

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: This just in from TwitteX.
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:31:11 -0400
 by: FPP - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 15:31 UTC

On 10/15/23 11:13 AM, trotsky wrote:
> CALL TO ACTIVISM
> @CalltoActivism
>
> An Alabama woman was imprisoned for “endangering' her fetus.”
>
> Then she gave birth in a jail shower.
>
> Sheriffs in Etowah county, Alabama, arrested Ashley Caswell on
> accusations that she’d tested positive for methamphetamine while
> pregnant and was “endangering” her fetus.
>
> Caswell, who was two months pregnant at the time, became one of a
> growing number of women imprisoned in the county in the name of
> protecting their “unborn children”.
>
> But over the next seven months of incarceration for “chemical
> endangerment” in the Etowah county detention center (ECDC), Caswell was
> denied regular access to prenatal visits, even as officials were aware
> her pregnancy was high-risk due to her hypertension and abnormal pap
> smears, according to a lawsuit filed on Friday against the county and
> the sheriff’s department.
>
> She was also denied her prescribed psychiatric medication and slept on a
> thin mat on the concrete floor of the detention center for her entire
> pregnancy.
>
> When her water broke and she pleaded to be taken to a hospital, her
> lawyer says, officials told her to “sleep it off” and “wait until
> Monday” to deliver – two days away.
>
> During nearly 12 hours of labor, staff gave her only Tylenol for her
> pain, the suit says, allegedly telling her to “stop screaming”, to “deal
> with the pain” and that she was “not in full labor”.
>
> Caswell lost amniotic fluid and blood and was alone and standing up in a
> jail shower when she ultimately delivered her child.
>
> She nearly bled to death.
>
> Republicans are Pro-Life my ass.

And did they "execute the baby" like Donald keeps telling us?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: This just in from TwitteX.

<lUUWM.60929$8fO.1447@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=205911&group=rec.arts.tv#205911

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 12:00:01 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 17:00 UTC

On 10/15/23 10:31 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 10/15/23 11:13 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> CALL TO ACTIVISM
>> @CalltoActivism
>>
>> An Alabama woman was imprisoned for “endangering' her fetus.”
>>
>> Then she gave birth in a jail shower.
>>
>> Sheriffs in Etowah county, Alabama, arrested Ashley Caswell on
>> accusations that she’d tested positive for methamphetamine while
>> pregnant and was “endangering” her fetus.
>>
>> Caswell, who was two months pregnant at the time, became one of a
>> growing number of women imprisoned in the county in the name of
>> protecting their “unborn children”.
>>
>> But over the next seven months of incarceration for “chemical
>> endangerment” in the Etowah county detention center (ECDC), Caswell
>> was denied regular access to prenatal visits, even as officials were
>> aware her pregnancy was high-risk due to her hypertension and abnormal
>> pap smears, according to a lawsuit filed on Friday against the county
>> and the sheriff’s department.
>>
>> She was also denied her prescribed psychiatric medication and slept on
>> a thin mat on the concrete floor of the detention center for her
>> entire pregnancy.
>>
>> When her water broke and she pleaded to be taken to a hospital, her
>> lawyer says, officials told her to “sleep it off” and “wait until
>> Monday” to deliver – two days away.
>>
>> During nearly 12 hours of labor, staff gave her only Tylenol for her
>> pain, the suit says, allegedly telling her to “stop screaming”, to
>> “deal with the pain” and that she was “not in full labor”.
>>
>> Caswell lost amniotic fluid and blood and was alone and standing up in
>> a jail shower when she ultimately delivered her child.
>>
>> She nearly bled to death.
>>
>> Republicans are Pro-Life my ass.
>
> And did they "execute the baby" like Donald keeps telling us?

They might have called in Hamas to have it decapitated. But, come to
think of it, "Decapitated Babies" would've made a great name for a punk
band.