Something unpleasant is coming when men are anxious to tell the truth. -- Benjamin Disraeli

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)shawn
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)Bering Sea Bar & Brig
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)anim8rfsk
| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)shawn
| | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)anim8rfsk
| |  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)shawn
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)BTR1701
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)shawn
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)A Friend
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)Andrea May

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<UBI20231016@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206082&group=rec.arts.tv#206082

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 4:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:30 UTC

After an arduous workout, I watched:

ROBYN HOOD DIRECTOR X *MELTDOWN* AS SHOW *FLOPS*:
Robyn Hood reviews were of a new Canadian show from Director X. A "modern
re-imagining" of the classic English tale of Robin Hood. As the third episode
launches with reviews on the way, Director X isn't happy with the shows
response from critics. Taking to Instagram to talk about the comments and
reviews on sites light IMDB. But is Director X right in his commentary? Or is
it more a question of is Robyn Hood worth watching?
https://youtu.be/uWRNhwT7KUU?si=5BF2eDu5Zivc3F_2

HOW VIDEODROME PREDICTED MODERN MEDIA AND INTERNET CULTURE:
David Cronenberg's 1983 film had a lot to say about the future of technology
and media...and interestingly enough, he was pretty close on a lot of it.
Join me as we dissect this cult classic that feels even more relevant in 2023
than it was four decades ago on today's episode of Deep Cuts!
https://youtu.be/homALMr8YsU?si=MUb0kNgmm3HrTKk-

SOUTH PARK IS GOING TO SKEWER GENDER/RACE SWAPPING | Film Threat Reviews:
Chris Gore and Alan Ng give their reactions to the upcoming "South Park:
Going the Panderverse" event, coming to Paramount+ October 27.
https://youtu.be/t--sHIcxmWg?si=_i0kC-5KzVThcS9L

DISNEY *HALTED* PRODUCTION ON DAREDEVIL, SCRAPPED 9 EPISODES & FIRED EVERYONE
- HERE'S *WHY*!:
Marvel President Kevin Feige scrapped the Daredevil series being produced for
Disney Plus despite the fact that it had shot over half of its scheduled 18
episodes, and those episodes will never be seen. What could possibly have
happened to create such a stunning and expensive failure? Sources have told
my Hollywood spies some explosive allegations about what REALLY happened on
Daredevil. Here's what we've been told. #disney #marvel #daredevil
https://youtu.be/Wu5jEyyE-7k?si=ftEdDKX3jHdO7Kug

GEN V | Film Threat Reviews:
Chris Gore reviews episodes 1-4 of �Gen V,� now playing on Amazon Prime.
https://youtu.be/MNr7kKm7vvo?si=4nC1kNEwfYeROEhC

THE SAD STATE OF COMEDY:
This is my video essay on the comedic brilliance of Police Squad. A TV show
that despite being canceled over 40 years ago, still feels like such a breath
of fresh air compared to the comedies today.

But why is this the case? Why does it seem like we�re settling for comedies
that aren�t as smart or witty when it comes to their presentation?

With Police Squad there�s just so much going on in any scene that can make
you laugh. So many clever gags that can keep you guessing where the next joke
is going to come from. One moment you�ll find yourself paying attention to
what the characters are saying and then the next you�ll notice something
hilarious in the background.

But how does Police Squad achieve this? What makes it so brilliant in its
delivery and presentation? And importantly, which lessons can we learn from
its hilariously clever writing so that today�s comedies can be elevated to
that same high standard?

This is my video explaining how.
https://youtu.be/xjseBjjF_oM?si=r5Ey7QL6nZaS-JmT

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<ugm10n$2vhd9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206090&group=rec.arts.tv#206090

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:08:38 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 13:08 UTC

On 10/17/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

Just two things:

The Wheel of Time (Prime) - "Daughter of the Night" (ep. 2.4). The
"prophesy" (Moraine, Rand, and Alanna) parts of this episode were pretty
good, and at least had a payoff - Rand's hot-to-trot innkeeper chyck is
the *ultimate EVOL!!1!* (IOW, she's a "woman"?! :p ). And I liked the
twist with Min's "contact" (so, is Liandrin actually working with the
Dark?!). But most of the rest of this episode felt like "filler" -
Perrin hangs out with some (literal!) wolves. Liandrin tells Nynaeve
that Perrin has been captured, but stops Nynaeve, Egwene, and cutie
redhead Elayne when they try to go to rescue Perrin.

MNF - As fully expected, the Chargers totally choke at the end, despite
the Cowboys giving them every chance to win it. The other thing I
conclude from this game is that Justin Herbert is *not* a "franchise
quarterback" based on his performance in this game.

I also saw the end of "The Price as Right at Night" - the dude with the
cape won. [roll]

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<bc3tiip832cqo06o5pvilkp71dit8rsein@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206092&group=rec.arts.tv#206092

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 09:42:23 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 13:42 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:08:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 10/17/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
>Just two things:
>
>The Wheel of Time (Prime) - "Daughter of the Night" (ep. 2.4). The
>"prophesy" (Moraine, Rand, and Alanna) parts of this episode were pretty
>good, and at least had a payoff - Rand's hot-to-trot innkeeper chyck is
>the *ultimate EVOL!!1!* (IOW, she's a "woman"?! :p ). And I liked the
>twist with Min's "contact" (so, is Liandrin actually working with the
>Dark?!). But most of the rest of this episode felt like "filler" -
>Perrin hangs out with some (literal!) wolves. Liandrin tells Nynaeve
>that Perrin has been captured, but stops Nynaeve, Egwene, and cutie
>redhead Elayne when they try to go to rescue Perrin.
>
>MNF - As fully expected, the Chargers totally choke at the end, despite
>the Cowboys giving them every chance to win it. The other thing I
>conclude from this game is that Justin Herbert is *not* a "franchise
>quarterback" based on his performance in this game.
>
>I also saw the end of "The Price as Right at Night" - the dude with the
>cape won. [roll]

I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
Garcia who alternated between stealing from guests and having hot make
out sessions with Josh Duhamel. I knew she was a pocket worthy woman
from her time on the show FBI but she truly shown twenty years ago.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<ugm6k7$311ng$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206096&group=rec.arts.tv#206096

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:25:05 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:25 UTC

On 10/17/2023 6:42 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:08:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/17/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Just two things:
>>
>> The Wheel of Time (Prime) - "Daughter of the Night" (ep. 2.4). The
>> "prophesy" (Moraine, Rand, and Alanna) parts of this episode were pretty
>> good, and at least had a payoff - Rand's hot-to-trot innkeeper chyck is
>> the *ultimate EVOL!!1!* (IOW, she's a "woman"?! :p ). And I liked the
>> twist with Min's "contact" (so, is Liandrin actually working with the
>> Dark?!). But most of the rest of this episode felt like "filler" -
>> Perrin hangs out with some (literal!) wolves. Liandrin tells Nynaeve
>> that Perrin has been captured, but stops Nynaeve, Egwene, and cutie
>> redhead Elayne when they try to go to rescue Perrin.
>>
>> MNF - As fully expected, the Chargers totally choke at the end, despite
>> the Cowboys giving them every chance to win it. The other thing I
>> conclude from this game is that Justin Herbert is *not* a "franchise
>> quarterback" based on his performance in this game.
>>
>> I also saw the end of "The Price as Right at Night" - the dude with the
>> cape won. [roll]
>>

> I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
> LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
> remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
> Garcia who alternated between stealing from guests and having hot make
> out sessions with Josh Duhamel. I knew she was a pocket worthy woman
> from her time on the show FBI but she truly shown twenty years ago.

I watched:

Chucky (SyFy) - "Murder at 1600" - Season 3 premier which picks up
without bothering to recap season 2. This nonsense must stop!

SPOILERS for episodes 1 and 2 FOLLOW!

The season starts with Chucky now in the White House. He somehow became
the doll of the President's young son. The President is played by Devon
Sawa who has played a different character each season. The other new
characters include The President's older teenage social media obsessed
son, his wife, vice president and various other wife house staff people.
The original three teens from the first two seasons are still on the
show but they aren't in Washington and they mostly do exposition through
their social media accounts. A key bit of exposition is Chucky
kidnapped Lexy's sister and they still don't know what happened to her.
By the end of the episode Chucky murders a secret service agent with his
own gun right in the oval office.

"Let the Right One In" - Season 3, episode 2 of Chucky. Picking up
where episode 1 ended everyone thinks the secret service agent's death
is a suicide, but one new character (I forgot his job title but
basically a fixer) thinks it might be murder. The three original teens
see the story on the news and see Chucky and quickly figure out a way to
get into the White House. They are all orphans now thanks to Chucky,
but their foster parent is aware of Chucky and takes them to D.C. They
are able to score tickets inside the White House by having Lexy reach
out to the President older son's social media. Of course Chucky is more
than aware of what's happening as he's been taunting them the whole time
and daring them to come to the White House and get him. Even so, I was
a bit surprised when Chucky murders the foster mom while declaring it
will be fun to make the three teens orphans again! The bigger surprise
is the fixer character discovers the decapitated body then calls the
first lady in and blackmails her into helping him cover up the murder.
He now knows there's a killer inside, but doesn't want the news leaking
out or the President to know. He has a whole team in place ready at a
moment's notice to secretly move a corpse from the White House!

So far season 3 is off to a pretty good start.

Once Upon a Studio - I forgot to mention I watched this the other day.
This was a really good short animated sequence to celebrate Disney's
100th anniversary. The short has the various animated characters from
Disney films over the last 100 years coming together to take a picture.
Many voiced by the original actors. They even got permission to use
Robin Williams voice for the Genie. And Richard M. Sherman performed
for the production using the piano at Walt's office for a song. The
whole thing was extremely well done.

This was the final picture at the end:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Once_Upon_a_Studio_Group_Photo.jpg

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<9308a8ab-f2b7-4092-94b8-f4c8826f5b61n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206098&group=rec.arts.tv#206098

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:03:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 15:03 UTC

On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 6:42:33 AM UTC-7, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:08:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
> >On 10/17/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> >
> >> What did you watch?
> >
> >Just two things:
> >
> >The Wheel of Time (Prime) - "Daughter of the Night" (ep. 2.4). The
> >"prophesy" (Moraine, Rand, and Alanna) parts of this episode were pretty
> >good, and at least had a payoff - Rand's hot-to-trot innkeeper chyck is
> >the *ultimate EVOL!!1!* (IOW, she's a "woman"?! :p ). And I liked the
> >twist with Min's "contact" (so, is Liandrin actually working with the
> >Dark?!). But most of the rest of this episode felt like "filler" -
> >Perrin hangs out with some (literal!) wolves. Liandrin tells Nynaeve
> >that Perrin has been captured, but stops Nynaeve, Egwene, and cutie
> >redhead Elayne when they try to go to rescue Perrin.
> >
> >MNF - As fully expected, the Chargers totally choke at the end, despite
> >the Cowboys giving them every chance to win it. The other thing I
> >conclude from this game is that Justin Herbert is *not* a "franchise
> >quarterback" based on his performance in this game.
> >
> >I also saw the end of "The Price as Right at Night" - the dude with the
> >cape won. [roll]
> >
> I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
> LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
> remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
> Garcia who alternated between stealing from guests and having hot make
> out sessions with Josh Duhamel. I knew she was a pocket worthy woman
> from her time on the show FBI but she truly shown twenty years ago.

I watch the fog roll in at Newport Beach, in person, until the coast lights blurred.
Fell asleep to Kimmel.
This morning discovery Hudson yards and M1 tank shows got my interest. I muted commercials
and Listened to radio streaming from Bob Sirott and some Buffalo refugee.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<1056329658.719247885.885408.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206100&group=rec.arts.tv#206100

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:11:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 15:11 UTC

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:08:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/17/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Just two things:
>>
>> The Wheel of Time (Prime) - "Daughter of the Night" (ep. 2.4). The
>> "prophesy" (Moraine, Rand, and Alanna) parts of this episode were pretty
>> good, and at least had a payoff - Rand's hot-to-trot innkeeper chyck is
>> the *ultimate EVOL!!1!* (IOW, she's a "woman"?! :p ). And I liked the
>> twist with Min's "contact" (so, is Liandrin actually working with the
>> Dark?!). But most of the rest of this episode felt like "filler" -
>> Perrin hangs out with some (literal!) wolves. Liandrin tells Nynaeve
>> that Perrin has been captured, but stops Nynaeve, Egwene, and cutie
>> redhead Elayne when they try to go to rescue Perrin.
>>
>> MNF - As fully expected, the Chargers totally choke at the end, despite
>> the Cowboys giving them every chance to win it. The other thing I
>> conclude from this game is that Justin Herbert is *not* a "franchise
>> quarterback" based on his performance in this game.
>>
>> I also saw the end of "The Price as Right at Night" - the dude with the
>> cape won. [roll]
>>

> I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
> LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
> remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
> Garcia who alternated between stealing from guests and having hot make
> out sessions with Josh Duhamel. I knew she was a pocket worthy woman
> from her time on the show FBI but she truly shown twenty years ago.

Yeah, she was awesome in that role. But then she was awesome as the
retarded cop’s sister in CSI Horatio.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<rkatiilkueick549vstcdb2b577vipc36v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206103&group=rec.arts.tv#206103

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:39:51 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 15:39 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:11:27 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:08:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Just two things:
>>>
>>> The Wheel of Time (Prime) - "Daughter of the Night" (ep. 2.4). The
>>> "prophesy" (Moraine, Rand, and Alanna) parts of this episode were pretty
>>> good, and at least had a payoff - Rand's hot-to-trot innkeeper chyck is
>>> the *ultimate EVOL!!1!* (IOW, she's a "woman"?! :p ). And I liked the
>>> twist with Min's "contact" (so, is Liandrin actually working with the
>>> Dark?!). But most of the rest of this episode felt like "filler" -
>>> Perrin hangs out with some (literal!) wolves. Liandrin tells Nynaeve
>>> that Perrin has been captured, but stops Nynaeve, Egwene, and cutie
>>> redhead Elayne when they try to go to rescue Perrin.
>>>
>>> MNF - As fully expected, the Chargers totally choke at the end, despite
>>> the Cowboys giving them every chance to win it. The other thing I
>>> conclude from this game is that Justin Herbert is *not* a "franchise
>>> quarterback" based on his performance in this game.
>>>
>>> I also saw the end of "The Price as Right at Night" - the dude with the
>>> cape won. [roll]
>>>

>> I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
>> LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
>> remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
>> Garcia who alternated between stealing from guests and having hot make
>> out sessions with Josh Duhamel. I knew she was a pocket worthy woman
>> from her time on the show FBI but she truly shown twenty years ago.
>>

>Yeah, she was awesome in that role. But then she was awesome as the
>retarded cop’s sister in CSI Horatio.

True, but we didn't get to see her strip and have a side boob make out
session in Horatio's CSI.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<atropos-B83CD8.10374717102023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206112&group=rec.arts.tv#206112

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 10:37:47 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:37 UTC

In article <bc3tiip832cqo06o5pvilkp71dit8rsein@4ax.com>,

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:08:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >On 10/17/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> >
> >> What did you watch?
> >
> >Just two things:
> >
> >The Wheel of Time (Prime) - "Daughter of the Night" (ep. 2.4). The
> >"prophesy" (Moraine, Rand, and Alanna) parts of this episode were pretty
> >good, and at least had a payoff - Rand's hot-to-trot innkeeper chyck is
> >the *ultimate EVOL!!1!* (IOW, she's a "woman"?! :p ). And I liked the
> >twist with Min's "contact" (so, is Liandrin actually working with the
> >Dark?!). But most of the rest of this episode felt like "filler" -
> >Perrin hangs out with some (literal!) wolves. Liandrin tells Nynaeve
> >that Perrin has been captured, but stops Nynaeve, Egwene, and cutie
> >redhead Elayne when they try to go to rescue Perrin.
> >
> >MNF - As fully expected, the Chargers totally choke at the end, despite
> >the Cowboys giving them every chance to win it. The other thing I
> >conclude from this game is that Justin Herbert is *not* a "franchise
> >quarterback" based on his performance in this game.
> >
> >I also saw the end of "The Price as Right at Night" - the dude with the
> >cape won. [roll]
> >

> I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
> LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
> remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
> Garcia

Do you mean Alana de la Garza or is this some other smokeshow latina?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<o3ktiil7hful7qg4ngo83ihsb7nguk5rph@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206116&group=rec.arts.tv#206116

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:25:15 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:25 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 10:37:47 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <bc3tiip832cqo06o5pvilkp71dit8rsein@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:08:38 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>> >Just two things:
>> >
>> >The Wheel of Time (Prime) - "Daughter of the Night" (ep. 2.4). The
>> >"prophesy" (Moraine, Rand, and Alanna) parts of this episode were pretty
>> >good, and at least had a payoff - Rand's hot-to-trot innkeeper chyck is
>> >the *ultimate EVOL!!1!* (IOW, she's a "woman"?! :p ). And I liked the
>> >twist with Min's "contact" (so, is Liandrin actually working with the
>> >Dark?!). But most of the rest of this episode felt like "filler" -
>> >Perrin hangs out with some (literal!) wolves. Liandrin tells Nynaeve
>> >that Perrin has been captured, but stops Nynaeve, Egwene, and cutie
>> >redhead Elayne when they try to go to rescue Perrin.
>> >
>> >MNF - As fully expected, the Chargers totally choke at the end, despite
>> >the Cowboys giving them every chance to win it. The other thing I
>> >conclude from this game is that Justin Herbert is *not* a "franchise
>> >quarterback" based on his performance in this game.
>> >
>> >I also saw the end of "The Price as Right at Night" - the dude with the
>> >cape won. [roll]
>> >

>> I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
>> LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
>> remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
>> Garcia
>
>Do you mean Alana de la Garza or is this some other smokeshow latina?

Yes, I mean Alana de la Garza as in

https://imagetwist.com/cl374qatdka1/o07pvf7e1g941.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/y89yy10w9y791.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=762a1b892f93f770f31fce98a4257d447635d9dd

https://preview.redd.it/cne2o10w9y791.jpg?width=474&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5b0f325b675fe72871fe1123a00bbfd35031e7aa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAuUqnjmvqk

Not sure where the Garcia last name came from.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<171020231602449204%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206120&group=rec.arts.tv#206120

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:02:44 -0400
 by: A Friend - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:02 UTC

In article <o3ktiil7hful7qg4ngo83ihsb7nguk5rph@4ax.com>, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 10:37:47 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <bc3tiip832cqo06o5pvilkp71dit8rsein@4ax.com>,
> > shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> >> I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
> >> LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
> >> remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
> >> Garcia
> >
> >Do you mean Alana de la Garza or is this some other smokeshow latina?
>
> Yes, I mean Alana de la Garza as in
>
> https://imagetwist.com/cl374qatdka1/o07pvf7e1g941.jpg
>

> https://preview.redd.it/y89yy10w9y791.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=762
> a1b892f93f770f31fce98a4257d447635d9dd
>

> https://preview.redd.it/cne2o10w9y791.jpg?width=474&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5b
> 0f325b675fe72871fe1123a00bbfd35031e7aa
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAuUqnjmvqk
>

> Not sure where the Garcia last name came from.

Perhaps Aimee Garcia, from "Lucifer"?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<1639275740.719270051.481430.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206125&group=rec.arts.tv#206125

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:19:43 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:19 UTC

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:11:27 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I didn't watch anything last night but did get in a few episodes of
>>> LAS VEGAS the previous night when I couldn't sleep. The only thing
>>> remarkable about the episodes was the unbelievably hot Alana de la
>>> Garcia who alternated between stealing from guests and having hot make
>>> out sessions with Josh Duhamel. I knew she was a pocket worthy woman
>>> from her time on the show FBI but she truly shown twenty years ago.
>>>

>> Yeah, she was awesome in that role. But then she was awesome as the
>> retarded cop’s sister in CSI Horatio.
>
> True, but we didn't get to see her strip and have a side boob make out
> session in Horatio's CSI.

For that you want this

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545754/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Available on half a dozen free streaming apps.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<ck6uiih4jchjgo24iepvu5usee2gqt786h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206134&group=rec.arts.tv#206134

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:37:31 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:37 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:19:43 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:11:27 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Yeah, she was awesome in that role. But then she was awesome as the
>>> retarded cop’s sister in CSI Horatio.
>>
>> True, but we didn't get to see her strip and have a side boob make out
>> session in Horatio's CSI.
>>

>For that you want this
>
>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545754/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk
>
>Available on half a dozen free streaming apps.

That doesn't include side boob but full on boob view. I know because I
ran across a clip from the movie in looking for those above pics.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-10-16 (Monday)

<GV1P193MB2342C1F9EE6004DE0F4269DFEAD5A@GV1P193MB2342.EURP193.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206255&group=rec.arts.tv#206255

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: AndreaOM...@outlook.com (Andrea May)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 18:13:25 +0000
 by: Andrea May - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 18:13 UTC

In article <UBI20231016@dont-email.me>, weberm@polaris.net wrote:

>After an arduous workout, I watched:
>
>ROBYN HOOD DIRECTOR X *MELTDOWN* AS SHOW *FLOPS*:
>Robyn Hood reviews were of a new Canadian show from Director X. A "modern
>re-imagining" of the classic English tale of Robin Hood. As the third episode
>launches with reviews on the way, Director X isn't happy with the shows
>response from critics. Taking to Instagram to talk about the comments and
>reviews on sites light IMDB. But is Director X right in his commentary? Or is
>it more a question of is Robyn Hood worth watching?
>https://youtu.be/uWRNhwT7KUU?si=5BF2eDu5Zivc3F_2

Nothing is more pathetic than a bad writer defending his bad work. Instead of
listening to contructive criticism, a bad writer gets aggressively defensive.
This, Dorector X is a textbook example.

>HOW VIDEODROME PREDICTED MODERN MEDIA AND INTERNET CULTURE:
>David Cronenberg's 1983 film had a lot to say about the future of technology
>and media...and interestingly enough, he was pretty close on a lot of it.
>Join me as we dissect this cult classic that feels even more relevant in 2023
>than it was four decades ago on today's episode of Deep Cuts!
>https://youtu.be/homALMr8YsU?si=MUb0kNgmm3HrTKk-

Cronenberg was definitely ahead of his time with this one. I don't know if it
would have the same impact today, unfortunately, with how meta so much
entertainment has become,so it's probably best it came out when it did. Long
live the new flesh!

>SOUTH PARK IS GOING TO SKEWER GENDER/RACE SWAPPING | Film Threat Reviews:
>Chris Gore and Alan Ng give their reactions to the upcoming "South Park:
>Going the Panderverse" event, coming to Paramount+ October 27.
>https://youtu.be/t--sHIcxmWg?si=_i0kC-5KzVThcS9L
>
>DISNEY *HALTED* PRODUCTION ON DAREDEVIL, SCRAPPED 9 EPISODES & FIRED EVERYONE
>- HERE'S *WHY*!:
>Marvel President Kevin Feige scrapped the Daredevil series being produced for
>Disney Plus despite the fact that it had shot over half of its scheduled 18
>episodes, and those episodes will never be seen. What could possibly have
>happened to create such a stunning and expensive failure? Sources have told
>my Hollywood spies some explosive allegations about what REALLY happened on
>Daredevil. Here's what we've been told. #disney #marvel #daredevil
>https://youtu.be/Wu5jEyyE-7k?si=ftEdDKX3jHdO7Kug

I would have dismissed this rumor of the writers wanting to replace Matt
Murdock/Daredevil with a woman, except that Marvel is already doing this with
Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Thor. The M-She-U indeed.

>GEN V | Film Threat Reviews:
>Chris Gore reviews episodes 1-4 of �Gen V,� now playing on Amazon Prime.
>https://youtu.be/MNr7kKm7vvo?si=4nC1kNEwfYeROEhC
>
>THE SAD STATE OF COMEDY:
>This is my video essay on the comedic brilliance of Police Squad. A TV show
>that despite being canceled over 40 years ago, still feels like such a breath
>of fresh air compared to the comedies today.
>
>But why is this the case? Why does it seem like we�re settling for comedies
>that aren�t as smart or witty when it comes to their presentation?
>
>With Police Squad there�s just so much going on in any scene that can make
>you laugh. So many clever gags that can keep you guessing where the next joke
>is going to come from. One moment you�ll find yourself paying attention to
>what the characters are saying and then the next you�ll notice something
>hilarious in the background.
>
>But how does Police Squad achieve this? What makes it so brilliant in its
>delivery and presentation? And importantly, which lessons can we learn from
>its hilariously clever writing so that today�s comedies can be elevated to
>that same high standard?
>
>This is my video explaining how.
>https://youtu.be/xjseBjjF_oM?si=r5Ey7QL6nZaS-JmT

Leslie Nielsen was an essential ingredient to that formula. He had a unique
ability for deadpan deliveries in ridiculous situations and to convince the
audience he was totally unaware of his bumbling lunacy. He fit that niche
perfectly. He had a style and quality very difficult to replicate. Leslie
was the glue that held it all together.