Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after.

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in CanadaRhino
+* Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for yearsBTR1701
|+* Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals inRhino
||`- Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for yearsThe Horny Goat
|+- Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in CanadaRichA
|`- Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for yearsThe Horny Goat
`- Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for yearsThe Horny Goat

1
[OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years

<20231021113225.00002cbd@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206424&group=rec.arts.tv#206424

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada
for years
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:32:25 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 15:32 UTC

Earlier this year, there was considerable excitement here in Canada
about the discovery of Chinese police stations on Canadian soil, as
well as strong indications that the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) had
interfered in elections. It turns out that the Chinese shenanigans go
back considerably farther and involve considerable Canadian complicity.
It seems that we've been helping them track down Chinese nationals who
have fled to Canada and helped repatriate them to China.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-china-fugitives-1.6999861

This is some truly shameful shit! While most of it has happened since
Trudeau was elected, there were clearly some questionable actions even
before that when Harper was Prime Minister and even before that during
earlier Liberal regimes.

It's all well and good to help return actual Chinese criminals to China
but returning dissidents as if they were murderers or whatnot is not
cool at all!

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years

<atropos-C51011.11072121102023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206443&group=rec.arts.tv#206443

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:07:21 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 18:07 UTC

In article <20231021113225.00002cbd@example.com>,

> Earlier this year, there was considerable excitement here in Canada
> about the discovery of Chinese police stations on Canadian soil, as
> well as strong indications that the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) had
> interfered in elections. It turns out that the Chinese shenanigans go
> back considerably farther and involve considerable Canadian complicity.
> It seems that we've been helping them track down Chinese nationals who
> have fled to Canada and helped repatriate them to China.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-china-fugitives-1.6999861
>
> This is some truly shameful shit! While most of it has happened since
> Trudeau was elected, there were clearly some questionable actions even
> before that when Harper was Prime Minister and even before that during
> earlier Liberal regimes.
>
> It's all well and good to help return actual Chinese criminals to China
> but returning dissidents as if they were murderers or whatnot is not
> cool at all!

Wait till Trudeau gives the PLA a naval port all of its own in
Vancouver. That'll be next.

Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years

<20231021151326.000076da@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206448&group=rec.arts.tv#206448

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in
Canada for years
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 15:13:26 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 19:13 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:07:21 -0700
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <20231021113225.00002cbd@example.com>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Earlier this year, there was considerable excitement here in Canada
> > about the discovery of Chinese police stations on Canadian soil, as
> > well as strong indications that the CCP (Chinese Communist Party)
> > had interfered in elections. It turns out that the Chinese
> > shenanigans go back considerably farther and involve considerable
> > Canadian complicity. It seems that we've been helping them track
> > down Chinese nationals who have fled to Canada and helped
> > repatriate them to China.
> >
> > https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-china-fugitives-1.6999861
> >
> > This is some truly shameful shit! While most of it has happened
> > since Trudeau was elected, there were clearly some questionable
> > actions even before that when Harper was Prime Minister and even
> > before that during earlier Liberal regimes.
> >
> > It's all well and good to help return actual Chinese criminals to
> > China but returning dissidents as if they were murderers or whatnot
> > is not cool at all!
>
> Wait till Trudeau gives the PLA a naval port all of its own in
> Vancouver. That'll be next.

We've already had Chinese troops on our soil for training exercises!!
Ask yourself; why would China even want to get practice at fighting in
harsh winter conditions *IN CANADA* unless they wanted to learn more
about OUR capabilities (and perhaps America's), perhaps with a view to
setting up an invasion? After all, northern China apparently gets a
pretty harsh winter and their pals in Russia would surely be willing to
host a Chinese training exercise in Siberia or the Russian Far East
(some of which used to be Chinese territory before the 1850s).

Helping the Chinese find their dissidents on our soil and tolerating
their interference in our elections is all pretty consistent with
Trudeau's admiration for "China's basic dictatorship".

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years

<615f5c80-ce1e-4fcd-9d80-d78a8790fca8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206456&group=rec.arts.tv#206456

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 13:23:09 -0700 (PDT)
for years
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 20:23 UTC

On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 14:05:21 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <20231021113...@example.com>,
> Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Earlier this year, there was considerable excitement here in Canada
> > about the discovery of Chinese police stations on Canadian soil, as
> > well as strong indications that the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) had
> > interfered in elections. It turns out that the Chinese shenanigans go
> > back considerably farther and involve considerable Canadian complicity.
> > It seems that we've been helping them track down Chinese nationals who
> > have fled to Canada and helped repatriate them to China.
> >
> > https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-china-fugitives-1.6999861
> >
> > This is some truly shameful shit! While most of it has happened since
> > Trudeau was elected, there were clearly some questionable actions even
> > before that when Harper was Prime Minister and even before that during
> > earlier Liberal regimes.
> >
> > It's all well and good to help return actual Chinese criminals to China
> > but returning dissidents as if they were murderers or whatnot is not
> > cool at all!
> Wait till Trudeau gives the PLA a naval port all of its own in
> Vancouver. That'll be next.

After having apologized for not doing it sooner...

Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years

<03eeji9jbu3i54sbv1oimpi3ekp693ttpr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206756&group=rec.arts.tv#206756

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 20:25:25 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 03:25 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:32:25 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>It's all well and good to help return actual Chinese criminals to China
>but returning dissidents as if they were murderers or whatnot is not
>cool at all!

But god forbid if Canada seizes actual Chinese criminals who happen to
set down in Canada - like Mme Meng of Huawei - frankly I'm at the
point right now that after the return of the Michaels, anybody who
buys a Huawei phone or other device DESERVES to have their device
taken away by force.

If ever a government was entitled to bar certain company's products
it's Huawei.

Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years

<1aeeji10dbolp6v7rb6d3vapo24eb6hpfq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206757&group=rec.arts.tv#206757

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 20:27:18 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 03:27 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:07:21 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <20231021113225.00002cbd@example.com>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>Wait till Trudeau gives the PLA a naval port all of its own in
>Vancouver. That'll be next.

You DO understand that Vancouver is the biggest port of Canada in
terms of tonnage and in fact moves more cargo than #2,#3,#4,#5
combined.

My home town of North Vancouver's portion of the port of Vancouver
moves more tonnage alone than Toronto does.

Re: [OT] Canada has been helping China catch its nationals in Canada for years

<jeeeji171v6dmd93bthsoj51nln8bvbtci@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206759&group=rec.arts.tv#206759

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 20:34:39 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 03:34 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 15:13:26 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Helping the Chinese find their dissidents on our soil and tolerating
>their interference in our elections is all pretty consistent with
>Trudeau's admiration for "China's basic dictatorship".

Indeed - and let's not forget that China is the world's largest
totalitarian dictatorship that holds well over a million Uighurs in
concentration camps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_internment_camps