Sex is like air. It's only a big deal if you can't get any.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so far

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 soRhino
+* Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 soAdam H. Kerman
|`* Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 soRhino
| `- Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so farBering Sea Bar & Brig
`- Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so farRichA

1
Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so far

<20231021120742.00007efd@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206428&group=rec.arts.tv#206428

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so
far
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 12:07:42 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:07 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 03:09:49 -0700 (PDT)
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are they really, really your problem?

That is pretty much the exact sentiment that the West had towards
Czechoslovakia in 1938 so they let Hitler slice off the Sudetenland
(the portion that had significant German population AND many of the key
defensive measures the Czechs had to prevent German aggression) without
even giving the Czechs any say in the matter. Then, when Hitler
occupied the rest a few months later, the West said nothing at all and
just kept its fingers crossed that this really WAS Hitler's last
territory grab in Europe.

We all know how THAT turned out. Or maybe I should say those of us who
have read history books know how that turned out; there are a lot of
ignoramuses that know nothing about WWII. Are you one of them?

--
Rhino

Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so far

<uh0u4a$1rhoc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206432&group=rec.arts.tv#206432

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
far
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:26:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:26 UTC

>Sat, 21 Oct 2023 03:09:49 -0700 (PDT) RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>:

>>Are they really, really your problem?

>That is pretty much the exact sentiment that the West had towards
>Czechoslovakia in 1938 so they let Hitler slice off the Sudetenland
>(the portion that had significant German population AND many of the key
>defensive measures the Czechs had to prevent German aggression) without
>even giving the Czechs any say in the matter. Then, when Hitler
>occupied the rest a few months later, the West said nothing at all and
>just kept its fingers crossed that this really WAS Hitler's last
>territory grab in Europe.

>We all know how THAT turned out. Or maybe I should say those of us who
>have read history books know how that turned out; there are a lot of
>ignoramuses that know nothing about WWII. Are you one of them?

That's an argument that the West should have done something immediately
to thwart Putin's aggression in Georgia and in Ukraine when he first
grabbed Crimea.

Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so far

<20231021124442.000015d0@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206435&group=rec.arts.tv#206435

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
far
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 12:44:42 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:44 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:26:50 -0000 (UTC)
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> >Sat, 21 Oct 2023 03:09:49 -0700 (PDT) RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>:
>
> >>Are they really, really your problem?
>
> >That is pretty much the exact sentiment that the West had towards
> >Czechoslovakia in 1938 so they let Hitler slice off the Sudetenland
> >(the portion that had significant German population AND many of the
> >key defensive measures the Czechs had to prevent German aggression)
> >without even giving the Czechs any say in the matter. Then, when
> >Hitler occupied the rest a few months later, the West said nothing
> >at all and just kept its fingers crossed that this really WAS
> >Hitler's last territory grab in Europe.
>
> >We all know how THAT turned out. Or maybe I should say those of us
> >who have read history books know how that turned out; there are a
> >lot of ignoramuses that know nothing about WWII. Are you one of
> >them?
>
> That's an argument that the West should have done something
> immediately to thwart Putin's aggression in Georgia and in Ukraine
> when he first grabbed Crimea.

Yes it is. But apparently Bush (wrt Georgia) and Obama (wrt Crimea)
didn't see the historical parallels or didn't prioritize them.

--
Rhino

Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so far

<da0e0c34-b2f4-47cc-84de-ece45307a4b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206463&group=rec.arts.tv#206463

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:02:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so far
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 21:02 UTC

On Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 11:44:50 AM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:26:50 -0000 (UTC)
> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> > Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

> > >That is pretty much the exact sentiment that the West had towards
> > >Czechoslovakia in 1938 so they let Hitler slice off the Sudetenland
> > >(the portion that had significant German population AND many of the
> > >key defensive measures the Czechs had to prevent German aggression)
> > >without even giving the Czechs any say in the matter. Then, when
> > >Hitler occupied the rest a few months later, the West said nothing
> > >at all and just kept its fingers crossed that this really WAS
> > >Hitler's last territory grab in Europe.
> >
> > >We all know how THAT turned out. Or maybe I should say those of us
> > >who have read history books know how that turned out; there are a
> > >lot of ignoramuses that know nothing about WWII. Are you one of
> > >them?
> >
> > That's an argument that the West should have done something
> > immediately to thwart Putin's aggression in Georgia and in Ukraine
> > when he first grabbed Crimea.
> Yes it is. But apparently Bush (wrt Georgia) and Obama (wrt Crimea)
> didn't see the historical parallels or didn't prioritize them.
>
> --
> Rhino

My mother's Communist era college was in a now declassified CIA Report. Turns out Mom had more military
Training than many recent US Presidents. And it's still Gdansk, Helmut.

Re: The Ukraine/Gaza wars have cost each American taxpayer $1500 so far

<ffc35bdb-0fd9-499d-bbd9-419bf5f1ffa8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206471&group=rec.arts.tv#206471

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 15:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:06 UTC

On Saturday, 21 October 2023 at 12:07:50 UTC-4, Rhino wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 03:09:49 -0700 (PDT)
> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are they really, really your problem?
> >
> That is pretty much the exact sentiment that the West had towards
> Czechoslovakia in 1938 so they let Hitler slice off the Sudetenland

Ah, the genesis of the "Domino theory." Ridiculed when applied in Vietnam (by the Left) lauded (by the Left) today.