The worst part of having success is trying to find someone who is happy for you. -- Bette Midler

arts / rec.arts.tv / TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

SubjectAuthor
* TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023Robin Miller
+* Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023anim8rfsk
|+* Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023shawn
||+- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023Adam H. Kerman
||+* Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023Ian J. Ball
|||`* Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023anim8rfsk
||| `- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023shawn
||+- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023Dimensional Traveler
||+- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023anim8rfsk
||`* Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023BTR1701
|| +- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023shawn
|| +- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023trotsky
|| `- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023Adam H. Kerman
|`* Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023Ian J. Ball
| `- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023anim8rfsk
`* Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023Ian J. Ball
 `- Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023shawn

1
TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<kpir14FkcddU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206459&group=rec.arts.tv#206459

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:35:41 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 20:35 UTC

ABC news

Jimmy Fallon’s ‘That’s My Jam’ Renewed For Season 3 At NBC (Oct. 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/jimmy-fallon-thats-my-jam-season-3-nbc-1235574966/

CBS news

‘Yellowstone’ Season 2 To Air On CBS Following Strong Ratings For Season
1 (Oct. 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/yellowstone-season-2-cbs-ratings-season-1-1235579283/

‘The Late Show’ Pulled Until Next Week As Stephen Colbert Continues To
Recover From Covid (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/the-late-show-stephen-colbert-covid-1235577195/

NBC news

Zachary Quinto-Led Medical Drama ‘Dr. Wolf’ Lands Series Order At NBC
(Oct. 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/oliver-sacks-medical-drama-nbc-series-order-zachary-quinto-star-1235578862/

Streaming service news

‘Bosch: Legacy’ Pays Tribute To The Late Lance Reddick & Annie Wersching
In Season 2 Premiere [Amazon Freevee] (Oct. 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/bosch-legacy-tribute-lance-reddick-annie-wersching-season-2-premiere-1235579345/

‘Dr. Death’: Peacock Reveals Premiere Date, Trailer For Season 2 Of
Anthology Series (Oct. 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/dr-death-season-2-peacock-premiere-date-trailer-1235578889/

‘The Problem With Jon Stewart’ Axed At Apple Due To Creative Clash
(Oct. 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/the-problem-with-jon-stewart-canceled-apple-1235578646/

‘Gen V’ Renewed For Season 2 At Amazon (Oct. 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/gen-v-renewed-season-2-amazon-the-boys-1235578285/

‘Sweet Magnolias’ Renewed For Season 4 By Netflix (Oct. 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/sweet-magnolias-renewed-season-4-netflix-1235577439/

‘Faraway Downs’: Watch The Official Trailer For Baz Luhrmann’s Limited
Series Adaptation For Hulu Ahead Of November Launch (Oct. 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/faraway-downs-baz-luhrmann-official-trailer-hulu-disney-1235577863/

Roku Greenlights Second Seasons Of ‘Reptile Royalty’, ‘UFO Cowboys’ &
‘Lincoln Log Masters’ (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/roku-reptile-royalty-ufo-cowboys-lincoln-log-masters-1235576522/

‘Elite’ To End With Season 8 On Netflix (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/elite-end-season-8-netflix-cancellation-1235576832/

The ‘Suits’ Effect: Netflix Eyes More Licensed Shows Following Success
Of USA Network Legal Drama On Streamer (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/netflix-suits-licensing-1235577270/

Netflix Korea Content Chief Don Kang On Where The Streamer Is Spending
Its $2.5 Billion (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/korea-don-kang-interview-squid-game-mipcom-cannes-1235569309/

‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Sets Netflix Premiere Date (Oct. 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-digital-release-date-netflix-1235575546/

Netflix Sets First Live Sports Event ­ Golf Tournament With ‘Drive To
Survive’ & ‘Full Swing’ Athletes Ahead Of Las Vegas Grand Prix (Oct. 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/netflix-ive-sports-formula-1-drive-to-survive-full-swing-gran-prix-1235575454/

‘Willow’s Warwick Davis Calls Removal Of Disney+ Series From Streaming
Platform “Embarrassing” (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/willows-warwick-davis-removal-disney-plus-series-1235574792/

‘The Crown’ Season 6 Part 1 Recreates Diana’s Final Days: First-Look
Images [Netflix] (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/gallery/the-crown-season-6-part-1-dianas-final-days-photos/

‘American Horror Stories’: FX Drops Official Trailer For Season 3 Event
On Hulu (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/american-horror-stories-official-trailer-season-3-fx-on-hulu-1235574801/

International series news

‘Generation Z’ First Look: Ben Wheatley’s Zombie Series Unveils Cast
Including Robert Lindsay (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/generation-z-first-look-ben-wheatley-zombie-series-robert-lindsay-1235576576/

BBC Axes One Of Its Longest-Running Series Due To “Super Inflation In
Drama Production” (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/bbc-cancels-doctors-23-years-1235576669/

‘Run The Burbs’: Production For Canadian Comedy’s Third Season At CBC
Underway (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/run-the-burbs-cbc-comedy-third-season-cbc-in-production-1235574648/

‘Law & Order Toronto: Criminal Intent’ Sets Cast (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/law-order-toronto-criminal-intent-cast-1235573063/

‘Fleabag’ EPs Harry & Jack Williams Talk “Primal” BBC Series ‘Boat
Story’, First-Time Directing & The End Of Peak TV (Oct. 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/fleabag-harry-jack-williams-boat-story-bbc-1235565016/

Series in development

James Franco Starring In Middle Eastern Crime Drama Series Penned By
‘Shades Of Blue’ Creator Adi Hasak (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/james-franco-adi-hasak-karantina-1235561565/

T.M. Logan’s ’29 Seconds’ Set For TV Adaptation (Oct. 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/tm-logan-29-seconds-one-piece-tomorrow-studios-big-light-1235574003/

Ratings

‘Sex Education’ Enters Nielsen Streaming Charts At No. 8 With Season 4
Debut; ‘Suits’ Reclaims Top Title (Oct. 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/nielsen-streaming-ratings-sex-education-suits-netflix-1235578619/

‘Lupin’ Part 3 Snatches Title As Most-Watched Netflix Series For The
Week; ‘Fall Of The House Of Usher’ Debuts At No. 2 On English Top 10
(Oct. 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/netflix-top-10-ratings-lupin-part-3-beckham-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-1235575912/

The business of TV

As Actors Strike Hits Day 100, SAG-AFTRA Has No Plans To “Acquiesce” To
Studios, But Back-Channel Pressure Leads To “Optimism” To Return To
Talks (Oct. 21)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/actors-strike-day-100-sag-aftra-1235579832/

Netflix Hikes Prices On Some Plans In U.S., UK & France (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/netflix-boosts-prices-on-some-plans-us-uk-france-1235577145/

Netflix Tops Q3 Expectations, Confirms Price Hikes Are On The Way (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/netflix-earnings-streaming-price-increases-1235577107/

Showtime To Shut Down Sports Division (Oct. 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/showtime-sports-division-closed-boxing-1235576055/

Obituaries

Haydn Gwynne Dies: BAFTA And Tony-Award Nominated Actress Was 66 (Oct. 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/haydn-gwynne-obituary-bafta-tony-nominated-66-1235578986/

Burt Young Dies: Academy Award Nominee For ‘Rocky’ Was 83 (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/burt-young-dies-academy-award-nominee-rocky-obituary-1235577645/

Lara Parker Dies: ‘Dark Shadows’ Scene-Stealing, Spell-Casting Witch
Angelique Was 84 (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/lara-parker-dead-dark-shadows-1235575023/

Joanna Merlin Dies: Original ‘Fiddler On The Roof’ Tzeitel, Longtime
Judge On ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Was 92 (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/joanna-merlin-dead-1235574804/

Suzanne Somers Dies: ‘Three’s Company’ Actress And Personal Fitness Guru
Was 76 (Oct. 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/suzanne-somers-dead-threes-company-actress-and-personal-fitness-guru-was-76-1235574244/

Shirley Jo Finney Dies: ‘Wilma’ Star And Theater Director Was 74 (Oct. 14)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/shirley-jo-finney-dead-wilma-star-theater-director-1235573891/

Other News

Susan Sullivan Reveals Lung Cancer Diagnosis: ‘Falcon Crest,’ ‘Castle’ &
‘Dharma & Greg’ Alum Undergoes Surgery (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/susan-sullivan-lung-cancer-diagnosis-undergoes-surgery-1235577484/

Netflix Sets Egyptian Theatre [in Hollywood] Reopening For November With
‘The Killer’ Screening, David Fincher Q&A (Oct. 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/egytpian-theatre-reopening-set-1235576251/

Kevin Spacey Gets Standing Ovation After Oxford University Lecture On
Cancel Culture (Oct. 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/kevin-spacey-standing-ovation-oxford-university-cancel-culture-lecture-1235575353/

Alec Baldwin Set To Face New Involuntary Manslaughter Charges, ‘Rust’
Prosecutors Say (Oct. 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/alec-baldwin-rust-charges-1235575942/

‘The Chosen’ Season 4 To Premiere Exclusively In Theaters; New Trailer &
Teaser Poster Dropped (Oct. 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/10/the-chosen-season-4-theatrical-release-1235574740/

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<339443949.719615125.314544.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206468&group=rec.arts.tv#206468

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:21:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 21:21 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> ABC news
>

> Jimmy Fallon’s ‘That’s My Jam’ Renewed For Season 3 At NBC (Oct. 17)

DAMN YOU JIMMY JAMS!!!

> CBS news

> NBC news

> Streaming service news
>

> ‘The Problem With Jon Stewart’ Axed At Apple Due To Creative Clash
> (Oct. 19)

Too much Brie Larson

> ‘Elite’ To End With Season 8 On Netflix (Oct. 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/elite-end-season-8-netflix-cancellation-1235576832/

The Netflix itself to end on October 31

> ‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Sets Netflix Premiere Date (Oct. 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-digital-release-date-netflix-1235575546/

On my last day of the Netflix

> International series news
>

> https://deadline.com/2023/10/generation-z-first-look-ben-wheatley-zombie-series-robert-lindsay-1235576576/
>

> ‘Law & Order Toronto: Criminal Intent’ Sets Cast (Oct. 16)

Wow

> Series in development

> Ratings
>

> ‘Lupin’ Part 3 Snatches Title As Most-Watched Netflix Series For The
> Week; ‘Fall Of The House Of Usher’ Debuts At No. 2 On English Top 10
> (Oct. 17)

I made it about 10 minutes into Usher

> The business of TV
>

> As Actors Strike Hits Day 100, SAG-AFTRA Has No Plans To “Acquiesce” To
> Studios, But Back-Channel Pressure Leads To “Optimism” To Return To
> Talks (Oct. 21)

How about you Just go back to waiting tables? We’ve got plenty of Canadians
looking for jobs.

> Netflix Hikes Prices On Some Plans In U.S., UK & France (Oct. 18)
>

> Netflix Tops Q3 Expectations, Confirms Price Hikes Are On The Way (Oct. 18)

No better time to quit them

> Showtime To Shut Down

Yay!

> Obituaries
>

> Burt Young Dies: Academy Award Nominee For ‘Rocky’ Was 83 (Oct. 18)

Only the good die Young

> Lara Parker Dies: ‘Dark Shadows’ Scene-Stealing, Spell-Casting Witch
> Angelique Was 84 (Oct. 16)

:(

> Other News
>

> Susan Sullivan Reveals Lung Cancer Diagnosis: ‘Falcon Crest,’ ‘Castle’ &
> ‘Dharma & Greg’ Alum Undergoes Surgery (Oct. 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/susan-sullivan-lung-cancer-diagnosis-undergoes-surgery-1235577484/
>

> Netflix Sets Egyptian Theatre [in Hollywood] Reopening For November With
> ‘The Killer’ Screening, David Fincher Q&A (Oct. 18)

But his movies suck!

> Kevin Spacey Gets Standing Ovation After Oxford University Lecture On
> Cancel Culture (Oct. 17)

Ironically, the rest of his tour was canceled

> Alec Baldwin Set To Face New Involuntary Manslaughter Charges, ‘Rust’
> Prosecutors Say (Oct. 17)

Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die die

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<oej8jidpo12reg64r29h2v2je36951b9jo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206475&group=rec.arts.tv#206475

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 18:24:57 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:24 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:21:03 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>

>> Streaming service news
>>

>> ‘The Problem With Jon Stewart’ Axed At Apple Due To Creative Clash
>> (Oct. 19)
>
>Too much Brie Larson

I tend to agree with the article and comments that the likely cause
was Jon being all too willing to take on topics that Apple would
prefer not be broached just in case it hurts their reputation/bottom
line. Some thought the show didn't bring in enough money for it to
hurt the bottom line but that's not the issue. The problem is say
Stewart manages to tick off China then China isn't going to block
Stewart's show. Instead they might block Apple's products for some
time. It's why we see so many Hollywood movies now painting China as
the good guy.

>> ‘Elite’ To End With Season 8 On Netflix (Oct. 18)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/elite-end-season-8-netflix-cancellation-1235576832/
>>

>The Netflix itself to end on October 31

What is Elite? Never heard of it.

>> ‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Sets Netflix Premiere Date (Oct. 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-digital-release-date-netflix-1235575546/
>>

>On my last day of the Netflix

It's a good movie. Only problem is that it's a part 1 and part 2 isn't
due till 2024 at the earliest.

>> International series news
>>

>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/generation-z-first-look-ben-wheatley-zombie-series-robert-lindsay-1235576576/
>>

>> ‘Law & Order Toronto: Criminal Intent’ Sets Cast (Oct. 16)
>>

>Wow

I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.

>> Series in development

>> Ratings
>>

>> ‘Lupin’ Part 3 Snatches Title As Most-Watched Netflix Series For The
>> Week; ‘Fall Of The House Of Usher’ Debuts At No. 2 On English Top 10
>> (Oct. 17)
>
>I made it about 10 minutes into Usher

I have the episodes recorded but haven't even sampled USHER yet.

>> The business of TV
>>

>> As Actors Strike Hits Day 100, SAG-AFTRA Has No Plans To “Acquiesce” To
>> Studios, But Back-Channel Pressure Leads To “Optimism” To Return To
>> Talks (Oct. 21)
>
>How about you Just go back to waiting tables? We’ve got plenty of Canadians
>looking for jobs.

When the big stars start having meetings with the union leaders you
know there's real pressure to start real negotiations.

>> Netflix Hikes Prices On Some Plans In U.S., UK & France (Oct. 18)
>>

>> Netflix Tops Q3 Expectations, Confirms Price Hikes Are On The Way (Oct. 18)
>>

>No better time to quit them

You can't quit them. They will woo you back. ;)

>> Showtime To Shut Down
>
>Yay!

Showtime was still in business?

>> Obituaries
>>

>> Burt Young Dies: Academy Award Nominee For ‘Rocky’ Was 83 (Oct. 18)
>>

>Only the good die Young
>
>> Lara Parker Dies: ‘Dark Shadows’ Scene-Stealing, Spell-Casting Witch
>> Angelique Was 84 (Oct. 16)
>
>:(

>> Other News
>>

>> Susan Sullivan Reveals Lung Cancer Diagnosis: ‘Falcon Crest,’ ‘Castle’ &
>> ‘Dharma & Greg’ Alum Undergoes Surgery (Oct. 18)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/susan-sullivan-lung-cancer-diagnosis-undergoes-surgery-1235577484/
>>

>> Netflix Sets Egyptian Theatre [in Hollywood] Reopening For November With
>> ‘The Killer’ Screening, David Fincher Q&A (Oct. 18)
>
>But his movies suck!
>

>> Kevin Spacey Gets Standing Ovation After Oxford University Lecture On
>> Cancel Culture (Oct. 17)
>
>Ironically, the rest of his tour was canceled
>

>> Alec Baldwin Set To Face New Involuntary Manslaughter Charges, ‘Rust’
>> Prosecutors Say (Oct. 17)
>
>Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die die

Are you now a Dalek, Anim?

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<uh1j84$20ar8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206477&group=rec.arts.tv#206477

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:27:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:27 UTC

>I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.

Hehehehehehe

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<uh1lmf$20ugl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206483&group=rec.arts.tv#206483

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:09:02 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 23:09 UTC

On 10/21/23 2:21 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>

>> Streaming service news
>>

>> ‘Elite’ To End With Season 8 On Netflix (Oct. 18)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/elite-end-season-8-netflix-cancellation-1235576832/
>>

> The Netflix itself to end on October 31

For me, it's Oct. 25.
And, honestly, I doubt I am going to pull anything off Netflix this
weekend... [shrug]

>> ‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Sets Netflix Premiere Date (Oct. 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-digital-release-date-netflix-1235575546/
>
> On my last day of the Netflix

OK, that hurts a little... But I'm sure it will get to Prime eventually.

>> International series news
>>

>> ‘Law & Order Toronto: Criminal Intent’ Sets Cast (Oct. 16)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/law-order-toronto-criminal-intent-cast-1235573063/
>
> Wow

I talked about this on Reddit, but Kathleen Munroe and Nicola
Correia-Damude would be enough to get me to sample this... But I'm not
even sure it will air in The States!

>> Ratings
>>

>> ‘Lupin’ Part 3 Snatches Title As Most-Watched Netflix Series For The
>> Week; ‘Fall Of The House Of Usher’ Debuts At No. 2 On English Top 10
>> (Oct. 17)
>
> I made it about 10 minutes into Usher

Forgot all about it - guess I'm not going to see it now.

>> The business of TV
>>

>> As Actors Strike Hits Day 100, SAG-AFTRA Has No Plans To “Acquiesce” To
>> Studios, But Back-Channel Pressure Leads To “Optimism” To Return To
>> Talks (Oct. 21)
>
> How about you Just go back to waiting tables? We’ve got plenty of Canadians
> looking for jobs.

The studio goons prefer to hire Brits and Aussies anyways... >:/

>> Netflix Hikes Prices On Some Plans In U.S., UK & France (Oct. 18)
>>
>> Netflix Tops Q3 Expectations, Confirms Price Hikes Are On The Way (Oct. 18)
>
> No better time to quit them

Amen, brother!!

>> Other News
>>

>> Susan Sullivan Reveals Lung Cancer Diagnosis: ‘Falcon Crest,’ ‘Castle’ &
>> ‘Dharma & Greg’ Alum Undergoes Surgery (Oct. 18)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/susan-sullivan-lung-cancer-diagnosis-undergoes-surgery-1235577484/

I had forgotten that she is still around...

>> Kevin Spacey Gets Standing Ovation After Oxford University Lecture On
>> Cancel Culture (Oct. 17)
>
> Ironically, the rest of his tour was canceled

Who the f*** would give him a standing-O?!! He may be a great actor, but
he's a *shit* human being!

>> Alec Baldwin Set To Face New Involuntary Manslaughter Charges, ‘Rust’
>> Prosecutors Say (Oct. 17)
>
> Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die die

I'll settle for the rest of the life in jail.

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<uh1m0n$20ugl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206485&group=rec.arts.tv#206485

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:14:31 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 23:14 UTC

On 10/21/23 3:24 PM, shawn wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:21:03 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Streaming service news
>>>

>>> ‘Elite’ To End With Season 8 On Netflix (Oct. 18)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/elite-end-season-8-netflix-cancellation-1235576832/
>>
>> The Netflix itself to end on October 31
>
> What is Elite? Never heard of it.

It's a trashy Euro teen soap opera from Spain, with lots of sex and LGBT
content (and... nudity?! I've never been clear on this point...).

I think it's basically the Spanish equivalent of UK's "Skins".

>>> International series news
>>>

>>> ‘Law & Order Toronto: Criminal Intent’ Sets Cast (Oct. 16)
>>
>> Wow
>
> I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.

And I'm waiting for "FBI: Laramie"!! ;p

>>> The business of TV
>>>

>>> As Actors Strike Hits Day 100, SAG-AFTRA Has No Plans To “Acquiesce” To
>>> Studios, But Back-Channel Pressure Leads To “Optimism” To Return To
>>> Talks (Oct. 21)
>>
>> How about you Just go back to waiting tables? We’ve got plenty of Canadians
>> looking for jobs.
>
> When the big stars start having meetings with the union leaders you
> know there's real pressure to start real negotiations.

Yes - my guess is that SAG will have to cave to the current offer. I
don't see how they can snag a better deal for themselves than the WGA did.

>>> Netflix Hikes Prices On Some Plans In U.S., UK & France (Oct. 18)
>>>

>>> Netflix Tops Q3 Expectations, Confirms Price Hikes Are On The Way (Oct. 18)
>>
>> No better time to quit them
>
> You can't quit them. They will woo you back. ;)

They will sure *try*!! ;p

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<uh1mn9$2165s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206487&group=rec.arts.tv#206487

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:26:33 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 23:26 UTC

On 10/21/23 1:35 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>     ABC news
>

> Jimmy Fallon’s ‘That’s My Jam’ Renewed For Season 3 At NBC  (Oct. 17)

It's that mean drunk, Jimminy Fallon!!

>     CBS news
>

> ‘Yellowstone’ Season 2 To Air On CBS Following Strong Ratings For Season
> 1  (Oct. 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/yellowstone-season-2-cbs-ratings-season-1-1235579283/

Shocker.

Still not sure when I will ever get to this - I think now I would rather
for the series to actually reach an end before trying to binge it.

> ‘The Late Show’ Pulled Until Next Week As Stephen Colbert Continues To
> Recover From Covid (Oct. 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/the-late-show-stephen-colbert-covid-1235577195/

May his show never return!!

>     NBC news
>

> Zachary Quinto-Led Medical Drama ‘Dr. Wolf’ Lands Series Order At NBC
> (Oct. 20)

Meh... I like him, but I still feel like "ER" was "peak" medical drama,
and everything since then has just been pale imitators.

>     Streaming service news
>

> ‘The Problem With Jon Stewart’ Axed At Apple Due To Creative Clash (Oct.
> 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/the-problem-with-jon-stewart-canceled-apple-1235578646/

On Reddit, they said it was super dry and boring.

> ‘Gen V’ Renewed For Season 2 At Amazon  (Oct. 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/gen-v-renewed-season-2-amazon-the-boys-1235578285/

After "The Continental", either this or "Ahsoka" is next - I'd rather
watch "Gen V", but I think I will force myself to watch "Ahsoka" next.
Might as well - I was actually a fan of "SW: Rebels".

> ‘Sweet Magnolias’ Renewed For Season 4 By Netflix  (Oct. 19)

Zzzzzzz....

> The ‘Suits’ Effect: Netflix Eyes More Licensed Shows Following Success
> Of USA Network Legal Drama On Streamer (Oct. 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/netflix-suits-licensing-1235577270/

Like, *DUH*!

IOW, Netflix slowly returning to its original "streaming model" - the
"clearing house" for everybody else's old series and movie content.

Honestly, Netflix would be better off focusing on that, and pulling back
from trying to produce original content - as they generally suck at that!

> Netflix Sets First Live Sports Event ­ Golf Tournament With ‘Drive To
> Survive’ & ‘Full Swing’ Athletes Ahead Of Las Vegas Grand Prix  (Oct. 17)

[roll]

> ‘Willow’s Warwick Davis Calls Removal Of Disney+ Series From Streaming
> Platform “Embarrassing”  (Oct. 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/willows-warwick-davis-removal-disney-plus-series-1235574792/

He's not wrong!

Personally, I am still incensed that "Single Drunk Female", which
*actually aired on a cable channel*! has apparently gotten the same
treatment.

> ‘The Crown’ Season 6 Part 1 Recreates Diana’s Final Days: First-Look
> Images [Netflix] (Oct. 16)

Don't care!

>     International series news
>

> BBC Axes One Of Its Longest-Running Series Due To “Super Inflation In
> Drama Production”  (Oct. 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/bbc-cancels-doctors-23-years-1235576669/

>:/

> ‘Run The Burbs’: Production For Canadian Comedy’s Third Season At CBC
> Underway  (Oct. 16)

Another C-Wub "import".

> ‘Law & Order Toronto: Criminal Intent’ Sets Cast  (Oct. 16)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/10/law-order-toronto-criminal-intent-cast-1235573063/

See my followup to Anim...

>     Ratings
>

> ‘Sex Education’ Enters Nielsen Streaming Charts At No. 8 With Season 4
> Debut; ‘Suits’ Reclaims Top Title  (Oct. 19)

Harvey!!

>     The business of TV
>

> Netflix Hikes Prices On Some Plans In U.S., UK & France  (Oct. 18)
>
> Netflix Tops Q3 Expectations, Confirms Price Hikes Are On The Way (Oct. 18)

Fuck you, Netlfix!!

> Showtime To Shut Down Sports Division  (Oct. 17)

OK, can we just say it out loud now?! - Showtime is *dead*.

>     Obituaries
>

> Suzanne Somers Dies: ‘Three’s Company’ Actress And Personal Fitness Guru
> Was 76  (Oct. 15)

:(

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<05o8jit9459b94c7prjkfa0592cfjenm3i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206490&group=rec.arts.tv#206490

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 19:42:49 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 23:42 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:26:33 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 10/21/23 1:35 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>

>> ‘The Problem With Jon Stewart’ Axed At Apple Due To Creative Clash (Oct.
>> 19)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/the-problem-with-jon-stewart-canceled-apple-1235578646/
>
>On Reddit, they said it was super dry and boring.

It has it's moments but if you were expecting a return to his time on
THE DAILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART then you are going to be disappointed.
It's more of a serious discussion of the issues.

>> ‘Gen V’ Renewed For Season 2 At Amazon  (Oct. 19)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/gen-v-renewed-season-2-amazon-the-boys-1235578285/
>
>After "The Continental", either this or "Ahsoka" is next - I'd rather
>watch "Gen V", but I think I will force myself to watch "Ahsoka" next.
>Might as well - I was actually a fan of "SW: Rebels".

Yeah, save GEN V for the holidays. It will be great given all the
blood and guts for Turkey Day fare.

>> ‘Sweet Magnolias’ Renewed For Season 4 By Netflix  (Oct. 19)
>
>Zzzzzzz....
>
>> The ‘Suits’ Effect: Netflix Eyes More Licensed Shows Following Success
>> Of USA Network Legal Drama On Streamer (Oct. 18)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/netflix-suits-licensing-1235577270/
>
>Like, *DUH*!

It's going to be a lot cheaper for them so I'm surprised they got away
from that.

>IOW, Netflix slowly returning to its original "streaming model" - the
>"clearing house" for everybody else's old series and movie content.
>
>Honestly, Netflix would be better off focusing on that, and pulling back
>from trying to produce original content - as they generally suck at that!
>
>> Netflix Sets First Live Sports Event ­ Golf Tournament With ‘Drive To
>> Survive’ & ‘Full Swing’ Athletes Ahead Of Las Vegas Grand Prix  (Oct. 17)
>
>[roll]

Are people going to tune in to a streamer for a live event? I've yet
to do that with any of the streaming platforms. Even Amazon has
failed to draw me in with their football offerings.

>>     The business of TV
>>

>> Netflix Hikes Prices On Some Plans In U.S., UK & France  (Oct. 18)
>>
>> Netflix Tops Q3 Expectations, Confirms Price Hikes Are On The Way (Oct. 18)
>
>Fuck you, Netlfix!!
>
>> Showtime To Shut Down Sports Division  (Oct. 17)
>
>OK, can we just say it out loud now?! - Showtime is *dead*.

Showtime had a sports division? Not that I've watched Showtime in
decades.

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<uh1osl$21jr6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206491&group=rec.arts.tv#206491

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 17:03:36 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 00:03 UTC

On 10/21/2023 3:24 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:21:03 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>

>>> Streaming service news
>>>

>>> ‘The Problem With Jon Stewart’ Axed At Apple Due To Creative Clash
>>> (Oct. 19)
>>
>> Too much Brie Larson
>
> I tend to agree with the article and comments that the likely cause
> was Jon being all too willing to take on topics that Apple would
> prefer not be broached just in case it hurts their reputation/bottom
> line. Some thought the show didn't bring in enough money for it to
> hurt the bottom line but that's not the issue. The problem is say
> Stewart manages to tick off China then China isn't going to block
> Stewart's show. Instead they might block Apple's products for some
> time. It's why we see so many Hollywood movies now painting China as
> the good guy.

That was more so China would allow their movies to be shown in China.
It worked for a little while, then China started severely restricting
"Western" movies again so Hollywood is moving back towards "China can be
the bad guy in your scripts" again.

dirty old man.

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<2124863325.719635703.224654.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206516&group=rec.arts.tv#206516

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 01:58:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 08:58 UTC

Hee hee hee 😜

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<2072337312.719635748.986966.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206517&group=rec.arts.tv#206517

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 01:58:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 08:58 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 10/21/23 2:21 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>> Streaming service news
>>>

>>> ‘Elite’ To End With Season 8 On Netflix (Oct. 18)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/elite-end-season-8-netflix-cancellation-1235576832/
>>>

>> The Netflix itself to end on October 31
>
> For me, it's Oct. 25.
> And, honestly, I doubt I am going to pull anything off Netflix this
> weekend... [shrug]
>
>>> ‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Sets Netflix Premiere Date (Oct. 17)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-digital-release-date-netflix-1235575546/
>>
>> On my last day of the Netflix
>
> OK, that hurts a little... But I'm sure it will get to Prime eventually.

I would think Disney+ if they stay in business

>>> International series news
>>>

>>> ‘Law & Order Toronto: Criminal Intent’ Sets Cast (Oct. 16)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/law-order-toronto-criminal-intent-cast-1235573063/
>>
>> Wow
>
> I talked about this on Reddit, but Kathleen Munroe and Nicola
> Correia-Damude would be enough to get me to sample this... But I'm not
> even sure it will air in The States!
>

>>> Ratings
>>>

>>> ‘Lupin’ Part 3 Snatches Title As Most-Watched Netflix Series For The
>>> Week; ‘Fall Of The House Of Usher’ Debuts At No. 2 On English Top 10
>>> (Oct. 17)
>>
>> I made it about 10 minutes into Usher
>
> Forgot all about it - guess I'm not going to see it now.
>

>>> The business of TV
>>>

>>> As Actors Strike Hits Day 100, SAG-AFTRA Has No Plans To “Acquiesce” To
>>> Studios, But Back-Channel Pressure Leads To “Optimism” To Return To
>>> Talks (Oct. 21)
>>
>> How about you Just go back to waiting tables? We’ve got plenty of Canadians
>> looking for jobs.
>
> The studio goons prefer to hire Brits and Aussies anyways... >:/
>
>>> Netflix Hikes Prices On Some Plans In U.S., UK & France (Oct. 18)
>>>
>>> Netflix Tops Q3 Expectations, Confirms Price Hikes Are On The Way (Oct. 18)
>>
>> No better time to quit them
>
> Amen, brother!!
>

>>> Other News
>>>

>>> Susan Sullivan Reveals Lung Cancer Diagnosis: ‘Falcon Crest,’ ‘Castle’ &
>>> ‘Dharma & Greg’ Alum Undergoes Surgery (Oct. 18)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/10/susan-sullivan-lung-cancer-diagnosis-undergoes-surgery-1235577484/
>
> I had forgotten that she is still around...

I honestly thought she was gone. Glad she’s recovering!

>>> Kevin Spacey Gets Standing Ovation After Oxford University Lecture On
>>> Cancel Culture (Oct. 17)
>>
>> Ironically, the rest of his tour was canceled
>
> Who the f*** would give him a standing-O?!! He may be a great actor, but
> he's a *shit* human being!

I’m sort of curious to know what he said that got him the ovation.

>>> Alec Baldwin Set To Face New Involuntary Manslaughter Charges, ‘Rust’
>>> Prosecutors Say (Oct. 17)
>>
>> Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die die
>
> I'll settle for the rest of the life in jail.

With his fat little piggy daughter, visiting him behind bars

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<1883415738.719635895.505756.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206518&group=rec.arts.tv#206518

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 01:58:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 08:58 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 10/21/23 3:24 PM, shawn wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:21:03 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> The Netflix itself to end on October 31
>>
>> What is Elite? Never heard of it.
>
> It's a trashy Euro teen soap opera from Spain, with lots of sex and LGBT
> content (and... nudity?! I've never been clear on this point...).

How is this a point you can be unclear on?

> I think it's basically the Spanish equivalent of UK's "Skins".

>>> Wow
>>
>> I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.
>
> And I'm waiting for "FBI: Laramie"!! ;p

>>> How about you Just go back to waiting tables? We’ve got plenty of Canadians
>>> looking for jobs.
>>
>> When the big stars start having meetings with the union leaders you
>> know there's real pressure to start real negotiations.
>
> Yes - my guess is that SAG will have to cave to the current offer. I
> don't see how they can snag a better deal for themselves than the WGA did.

>>> No better time to quit them
>>
>> You can't quit them. They will woo you back. ;)
>
> They will sure *try*!! ;p

Actually, it’s been three weeks since I canceled and they never tried once
not even when I canceled. It just popped up a message that said my monthly
renewal had gone through the day before so I had till October 31. They
didn’t say wait or thank you or goodbye or anything.

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<qmbajih5r7e0hl72fpe58v109m8ql8mesl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206545&group=rec.arts.tv#206545

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:21:14 -0400
 by: shawn - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 14:21 UTC

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 01:58:04 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 10/21/23 3:24 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> What is Elite? Never heard of it.
>>
>> It's a trashy Euro teen soap opera from Spain, with lots of sex and LGBT
>> content (and... nudity?! I've never been clear on this point...).
>>

>How is this a point you can be unclear on?

Ian always closes his eyes when he even thinks there might be nudity.

>> I think it's basically the Spanish equivalent of UK's "Skins".

>>> I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.
>>
>> And I'm waiting for "FBI: Laramie"!! ;p

When the FBI is reduced to tracking down cocaine bears and cocaine
cougars. Yes, there is now a COCAINE COUGAR movie. I guess no one
should be shocked. Do you think they will make a COCAINE SNAPPING
TURTLE movie? It's not safe to go in the water or he'll take a bite
out of you.

>>> When the big stars start having meetings with the union leaders you
>>> know there's real pressure to start real negotiations.
>>
>> Yes - my guess is that SAG will have to cave to the current offer. I
>> don't see how they can snag a better deal for themselves than the WGA did.

>>> You can't quit them. They will woo you back. ;)
>>
>> They will sure *try*!! ;p
>
>Actually, it’s been three weeks since I canceled and they never tried once
>not even when I canceled. It just popped up a message that said my monthly
>renewal had gone through the day before so I had till October 31. They
>didn’t say wait or thank you or goodbye or anything.

That shows how much they care about you as a customer.

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<cvOdncUs7_3d6Kj4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206601&group=rec.arts.tv#206601

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 19:17:20 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 19:17 UTC

On Oct 21, 2023 at 3:24:57 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:21:03 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>

>>> LAW & ORDER TORONTO: CRIMINAL INTENT Sets Cast (Oct. 16)
>>>
>> Wow
>
> I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.

There's also LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL ASSET FORFEITURE UNIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks&t=848s

Adam and I are pulling for LAW & ORDER: CAMPUS POLICE

LAW & ORDER narrator:

In the modern college system, politically incorrect speech is
considered especially heinous. On campus, the dedicated detectives
who investigate these fascist hate-felonies are members of an elite
squad known as the Language Police.

These are their stories.

<Bong-bong>

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<setajidnchb9shon560hf36vl54hflcsi9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206602&group=rec.arts.tv#206602

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:21:48 -0400
 by: shawn - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 19:21 UTC

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 19:17:20 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Oct 21, 2023 at 3:24:57 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>wrote:

>>> Wow
>>
>> I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.
>
>There's also LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL ASSET FORFEITURE UNIT:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks&t=848s

Should that just be LAW & ORDER: ASSET FORFEITURE UNIT?

>Adam and I are pulling for LAW & ORDER: CAMPUS POLICE

That should really be LAW & ORDER: UK CAMPUS POLICE given that they
are much more aggressive in enforcing correct speech.

>LAW & ORDER narrator:
>
> In the modern college system, politically incorrect speech is
> considered especially heinous. On campus, the dedicated detectives
> who investigate these fascist hate-felonies are members of an elite
> squad known as the Language Police.
>
> These are their stories.
>
><Bong-bong>

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<7ufZM.9268$3l%9.8007@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206604&group=rec.arts.tv#206604

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:20:19 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 20:20 UTC

On 10/22/23 2:17 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2023 at 3:24:57 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:

>>> Wow
>>
>> I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.
>
> There's also LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL ASSET FORFEITURE UNIT:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks&t=848s
>

> Adam and I are pulling for LAW & ORDER: CAMPUS POLICE
>
> LAW & ORDER narrator:
>
> In the modern college system, politically incorrect speech is
> considered especially heinous. On campus, the dedicated detectives
> who investigate these fascist hate-felonies are members of an elite
> squad known as the Language Police.
>
> These are their stories.
>
> <Bong-bong>

You don't need to tell us you're taking bong hits, it's pretty obvious.

Re: TV news for Oct. 14-21, 2023

<uh44mk$2ld9d$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206609&group=rec.arts.tv#206609

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 21:37:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 21:37 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>Oct 21, 2023 at 3:24:57 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>:

>>>Wow

>>I'm still waiting for Law & Order Cleveland: Criminal Intent.

>There's also LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL ASSET FORFEITURE UNIT:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks&t=848s

>Adam and I are pulling for LAW & ORDER: CAMPUS POLICE

There are too many people causing distress through microaggressions and
misgendering that get away with it!

>LAW & ORDER narrator:

> In the modern college system, politically incorrect speech is
> considered especially heinous. On campus, the dedicated detectives
> who investigate these fascist hate-felonies are members of an elite
> squad known as the Language Police.

> These are their stories.

><Bong-bong>

Are all recent college degrees worthless in the real world these days?