Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same thing as division.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

SubjectAuthor
* Illegals in Chicago ProtestingBTR1701
+* Re: Illegals in Chicago ProtestingAdam H. Kerman
|+* Re: Illegals in Chicago ProtestingBTR1701
||`* Re: Illegals in Chicago ProtestingAdam H. Kerman
|| `* Re: Illegals in Chicago Protestingdanny burstein
||  `- Re: Illegals in Chicago ProtestingTomBenton
|+* Re: Illegals in Chicago ProtestingEd Stasiak
||`- Re: Illegals in Chicago ProtestingAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: Illegals in Chicago ProtestingNoBody
+- Re: Illegals in Chicago Protestingtrotsky
`- Re: Illegals in Chicago ProtestingNoBody

1
Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<VxWdnY-s5e6-Can4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206505&group=rec.arts.tv#206505

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Illegals in Chicago Protesting
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 03:16:51 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 03:16 UTC

Here we have illegals in Chicago protesting, demanding better housing, jobs,
and job training... the same things that many Americans who worked most of
their lives and paid taxes don't get.

Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1710430625293799424/vid/avc1/720x1280/7Ook2k678HwgbWp-.mp4?tag=14

Imagine going somewhere like Tokyo, sneaking in illegally, then having the
stones to cause a civil disturbance because the people of that country aren't
rolling out the red carpet for you and giving you whatever you want.

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<uh277i$28143$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206509&group=rec.arts.tv#206509

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 04:08:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 04:08 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Here we have illegals in Chicago protesting, demanding better housing, jobs,
>and job training... the same things that many Americans who worked most of
>their lives and paid taxes don't get.

>Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.

>https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1710430625293799424/vid/avc1/720x1280/7Ook2k678HwgbWp-.mp4?tag=14

>Imagine going somewhere like Tokyo, sneaking in illegally, then having the
>stones to cause a civil disturbance because the people of that country aren't
>rolling out the red carpet for you and giving you whatever you want.

Those signs aren't demanding welfare. If employers need workers and
there aren't qualified job applicants, then yeah, they'll have to train
the best candidates that they can get.

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<atropos-07CCC4.21433321102023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206511&group=rec.arts.tv#206511

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 21:43:33 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 04:43 UTC

In article <uh277i$28143$2@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >Here we have illegals in Chicago protesting, demanding better housing, jobs,
> >and job training... the same things that many Americans who worked most of
> >their lives and paid taxes don't get.
>
> >Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.
>
> >https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1710430625293799424/vid/avc1/720x1280/7
> >Ook2k678HwgbWp-.mp4?tag=14
>
> >Imagine going somewhere like Tokyo, sneaking in illegally, then having the
> >stones to cause a civil disturbance because the people of that country
> >aren't rolling out the red carpet for you and giving you whatever you want.
>
> Those signs aren't demanding welfare.

They're demanding housing-- who's going to pay for it?-- the taxpayer of
course. They expect to be given jobs the moment they step off the bus,
even though as illegals and they're not allowed to work or even be in
the country.

> If employers need workers and there aren't qualified job applicants,
> then yeah, they'll have to train the best candidates that they can get.

And illegals don't qualify as "best candidates" because they're illegal
and it's a crime to hire them.

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<uh2fe2$29f5v$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206513&group=rec.arts.tv#206513

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:28:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:28 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Here we have illegals in Chicago protesting, demanding better housing, jobs,
>>>and job training... the same things that many Americans who worked most of
>>>their lives and paid taxes don't get.

>>>Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.

>>>https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1710430625293799424/vid/avc1/720x1280/7Ook2k678HwgbWp-.mp4?tag=14
>>>Imagine going somewhere like Tokyo, sneaking in illegally, then having the
>>>stones to cause a civil disturbance because the people of that country
>>>aren't rolling out the red carpet for you and giving you whatever you want.

>>Those signs aren't demanding welfare.

>They're demanding housing-- who's going to pay for it?-- the taxpayer of
>course. They expect to be given jobs the moment they step off the bus,
>even though as illegals and they're not allowed to work or even be in
>the country.

In time past, they'd have gotten industrial jobs. But there are plenty
of jobs going begging.

Of course they shouldn't be GIVEN housing. You know my opinion that our
economy is so fucked up we aren't building housing for the working poor.
There should be adequate housing at market rates that they can afford.

I know you don't see the economic flaw the same way I do.

>>If employers need workers and there aren't qualified job applicants,
>>then yeah, they'll have to train the best candidates that they can get.

>And illegals don't qualify as "best candidates" because they're illegal
>and it's a crime to hire them.

For restaurant work? For entry-level jobs?

They've probably not illegals but assylum seekers that Biden hasn't yet
given parole to so that they can get SSNs in order to work. I know you
disagree with that either, but let them work.

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<uh2g44$6a8$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206514&group=rec.arts.tv#206514

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:40:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:40 UTC

In <uh2fe2$29f5v$2@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

[snip]

>Of course they shouldn't be GIVEN housing. You know my opinion that our
>economy is so fucked up we aren't building housing for the working poor.
>There should be adequate housing at market rates that they can afford.

Once upon a time there were "low rent" and "low quality", but
affordable, housing options in NYC and many other areas where
people would have a room or 1.5, with maybe, maybe, a sink
and possibly a toilet, with a common shower/bathtub down the hall.

The term in NYC was "single room occupancy", aka "SRO".

These ranged in quality from reasonably adequate [a] to
just one step above a subway floor. Sometimes worse.

However, Big Real Estate, etc., etc., pretty much wiped
these out.

Take a look at many older movies or tv shows, and you;ll
often see them. Freqeuntly with the obligatory half-broken
neon "Bar" sign buzzing outside the window...

[a] there was a subset of these used by commuters who'd
stay in them during the week and head home for weekends.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<ED7ZM.167108$rbid.110710@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206522&group=rec.arts.tv#206522

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:24:20 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 11:24 UTC

On 10/21/23 10:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Here we have illegals

What law(s) have these "illegal" broken Mr. Fake Lawyer?

in Chicago protesting, demanding better housing, jobs,
> and job training... the same things that many Americans who worked most of
> their lives and paid taxes don't get.
>
> Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.
>

> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1710430625293799424/vid/avc1/720x1280/7Ook2k678HwgbWp-.mp4?tag=14
>
> Imagine going somewhere like Tokyo,

Tokyo is a unique city, there is nowhere else like it.

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<am1ajitpoiuorfs02nk7b5fded4lvcv17q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206524&group=rec.arts.tv#206524

From: TomBen...@agent.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 07:29:08 -0400
 by: TomBen...@agent.com - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 11:29 UTC

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:40:05 -0000 (UTC), danny burstein
<dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>In <uh2fe2$29f5v$2@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:
>
>[snip]
>
>>Of course they shouldn't be GIVEN housing. You know my opinion that our
>>economy is so fucked up we aren't building housing for the working poor.
>>There should be adequate housing at market rates that they can afford.
>
>Once upon a time there were "low rent" and "low quality", but
>affordable, housing options in NYC and many other areas where
>people would have a room or 1.5, with maybe, maybe, a sink
>and possibly a toilet, with a common shower/bathtub down the hall.
>
>The term in NYC was "single room occupancy", aka "SRO".
>
>These ranged in quality from reasonably adequate [a] to
>just one step above a subway floor. Sometimes worse.
>
>However, Big Real Estate, etc., etc., pretty much wiped
>these out.
>
>Take a look at many older movies or tv shows, and you;ll
>often see them. Freqeuntly with the obligatory half-broken
>neon "Bar" sign buzzing outside the window...
>
>[a] there was a subset of these used by commuters who'd
>stay in them during the week and head home for weekends.

Kinda like the Kramdens' digs?

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<08c00705-2bfb-46cd-9c6c-ee9dd28236b2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206535&group=rec.arts.tv#206535

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:43:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 13:43 UTC

> Adam H. Kerman
> > BTR1701
> >
> > Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.
>
> Those signs aren't demanding welfare. If employers need workers and
> there aren't qualified job applicants, then yeah, they'll have to train
> the best candidates that they can get.

There are more than enough legal American citizen workers and if
employers need workers, maybe they should pay them a fair wage?

The economy should benefit the whole of the People, not just Wall
Street fat cats.

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<b8aaji95uanqr1etted1kallruu1j635cd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206541&group=rec.arts.tv#206541

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 09:52:52 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 13:52 UTC

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 03:16:51 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Here we have illegals in Chicago protesting, demanding better housing, jobs,
>and job training... the same things that many Americans who worked most of
>their lives and paid taxes don't get.
>
>Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.
>

>https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1710430625293799424/vid/avc1/720x1280/7Ook2k678HwgbWp-.mp4?tag=14
>
>Imagine going somewhere like Tokyo, sneaking in illegally, then having the
>stones to cause a civil disturbance because the people of that country aren't
>rolling out the red carpet for you and giving you whatever you want.

Did you really think this wouldn't be happening? Next up: Dems kowtow
to them and give them free stuff while we pay the bill.

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<4aaajil9ochms0ogh4qqn0f0m62qn7e3i5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206543&group=rec.arts.tv#206543

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 09:54:43 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 13:54 UTC

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 04:08:19 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>Here we have illegals in Chicago protesting, demanding better housing, jobs,
>>and job training... the same things that many Americans who worked most of
>>their lives and paid taxes don't get.
>
>>Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.
>
>>https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1710430625293799424/vid/avc1/720x1280/7Ook2k678HwgbWp-.mp4?tag=14
>
>>Imagine going somewhere like Tokyo, sneaking in illegally, then having the
>>stones to cause a civil disturbance because the people of that country aren't
>>rolling out the red carpet for you and giving you whatever you want.
>
>Those signs aren't demanding welfare. If employers need workers and
>there aren't qualified job applicants, then yeah, they'll have to train
>the best candidates that they can get.

One of the dirty little secrets is that companies are cutting their
workforces left and right. How they manage to hide this in the
numbers I don't know but it's everywhere. Why should we be providing
jobs to people who are here illegally while people are without jobs
here?

Re: Illegals in Chicago Protesting

<uh3lh5$2i6fb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206581&group=rec.arts.tv#206581

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 17:18:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 17:18 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Adam H. Kerman
>>>BTR1701

>>>Nobody invited them here and no one owes them a damn thing.

>>Those signs aren't demanding welfare. If employers need workers and
>>there aren't qualified job applicants, then yeah, they'll have to train
>>the best candidates that they can get.

>There are more than enough legal American citizen workers and if
>employers need workers, maybe they should pay them a fair wage?

>The economy should benefit the whole of the People, not just Wall
>Street fat cats.

Obviously I'm not disagreeing but right now, unemployment is low and
claims for unemployment benefits are at record lows, so it appears that
there are unfilled jobs that could be held by foreign nationals for
whatever reason they are in this country.