Got a dictionary? I want to know the meaning of life.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

SubjectAuthor
* Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violentchromebook test
+- Re: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violentchromebook test
+- Re: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violentchromebook test
`- Re: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution ichromebook test

1
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

<2806b751-f8a2-4c42-8c07-a5f291c35214n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206594&group=rec.arts.tv#206594

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 11:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
revolution inevitable.
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:40 UTC

In Israel today, the dynamic is almost exactly the opposite. Hamas, whose authoritarian, theocratic ideology could not be farther from the A.N.C.’s, has committed an unspeakable horror that may damage the Palestinian cause for decades to come. Yet when Palestinians resist their oppression in ethical ways — by calling for boycotts, sanctions and the application of international law — the United States and its allies work to ensure that those efforts fail, which convinces many Palestinians that ethical resistance doesn’t work, which empowers Hamas.

https://nytimes.com/2023/10/14/opinion/palestinian-ethical-resistance-answers-grief-and-rage.html

https://www.newarab.com/news/new-hampshire-37th-us-state-pass-anti-bds-law

Re: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

<9b70afe1-89c3-465a-a8d3-938ba79194ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206595&group=rec.arts.tv#206595

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 11:44:14 -0700 (PDT)
revolution inevitable.
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:44 UTC

On Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 2:40:11 PM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> In Israel today, the dynamic is almost exactly the opposite. Hamas, whose authoritarian, theocratic ideology could not be farther from the A.N.C.’s, has committed an unspeakable horror that may damage the Palestinian cause for decades to come. Yet when Palestinians resist their oppression in ethical ways — by calling for boycotts, sanctions and the application of international law — the United States and its allies work to ensure that those efforts fail, which convinces many Palestinians that ethical resistance doesn’t work, which empowers Hamas.
>
> https://nytimes.com/2023/10/14/opinion/palestinian-ethical-resistance-answers-grief-and-rage.html
>

> https://www.newarab.com/news/new-hampshire-37th-us-state-pass-anti-bds-law

"As Jewish Israelis bury their dead and recite psalms for their captured, few want to hear at this moment that millions of Palestinians lack basic human rights. Neither do many Jews abroad. I understand; this attack has awakened the deepest traumas of our badly scarred people. But the truth remains: The denial of Palestinian freedom sits at the heart of this conflict, which began long before Hamas’s creation in the late 1980s."

Intelligence Test
https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/books/review/intelligence-test.html

Re: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

<0da8c5cf-fb2f-462d-b365-cfdc6f09ea1bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206597&group=rec.arts.tv#206597

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 11:47:18 -0700 (PDT)
revolution inevitable.
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:47 UTC

On Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 2:40:11 PM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> In Israel today, the dynamic is almost exactly the opposite. Hamas, whose authoritarian, theocratic ideology could not be farther from the A.N.C.’s, has committed an unspeakable horror that may damage the Palestinian cause for decades to come. Yet when Palestinians resist their oppression in ethical ways — by calling for boycotts, sanctions and the application of international law — the United States and its allies work to ensure that those efforts fail, which convinces many Palestinians that ethical resistance doesn’t work, which empowers Hamas.
>
> https://nytimes.com/2023/10/14/opinion/palestinian-ethical-resistance-answers-grief-and-rage.html
>

> https://www.newarab.com/news/new-hampshire-37th-us-state-pass-anti-bds-law

Palestinians are not fundamentally different from other people facing oppression: When moral resistance doesn’t work, they try something else. In 1972, the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association, which was modeled on the civil rights movement in the United States, organized a march to oppose imprisonment without trial. Although some organizations, most notably the Provisional Irish Republican Army, had already embraced armed resistance, they grew stronger after British soldiers shot 26 unarmed civilians in what became known as Bloody Sunday. By the early 1980s, the Irish Republican Army had even detonated a bomb outside Harrods, the department store in London. As Kirssa Cline Ryckman, a political scientist, observed in a 2019 paper on why certain movements turn violent, a lack of progress in peaceful protest “can encourage the use of violence by convincing demonstrators that nonviolence will fail to achieve meaningful concessions.”

Re: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

<b15f634d-6c48-40ff-bf56-14856edef9fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206599&group=rec.arts.tv#206599

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:08:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 19:08 UTC

On Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 2:40:11 PM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> In Israel today, the dynamic is almost exactly the opposite. Hamas, whose authoritarian, theocratic ideology could not be farther from the A.N.C.’s, has committed an unspeakable horror that may damage the Palestinian cause for decades to come. Yet when Palestinians resist their oppression in ethical ways — by calling for boycotts, sanctions and the application of international law — the United States and its allies work to ensure that those efforts fail, which convinces many Palestinians that ethical resistance doesn’t work, which empowers Hamas.
>
> https://nytimes.com/2023/10/14/opinion/palestinian-ethical-resistance-answers-grief-and-rage.html
>

> https://www.newarab.com/news/new-hampshire-37th-us-state-pass-anti-bds-law

The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, or B.D.S., which was founded in 2005 as a nonviolent alternative to the murderous second intifada and which speaks in the language of human rights and international law, has been similarly stymied, including by many of the same American politicians who celebrated the movement to boycott, divest from and sanction South Africa. Joe Biden, who is proud of his role in passing sanctions against South Africa, has condemned the B.D.S. movement, saying it “too often veers into antisemitism.” About 35 states — some of which once divested state funds from companies doing business in apartheid South Africa — have passed laws or issued executive orders punishing companies that boycott Israel. In many cases, those punishments apply even to businesses that boycott only Israeli settlements in the West Bank.