From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Toronto law students announce unequivocal support for Hamas
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 08:58:26 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 12:58 UTC

Law students at TMU (Toronto Metropolitan University, the new name of
Ryerson University) have published an unequivocal letter of
support for Hamas. They refused to even acknowledge that Israel was a
country, referring to it as a "brand" for a group of settlers.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/tmu-law-students-put-their-names-to-letter-endorsing-terrorism?utm_source=newsshowcase&utm_medium=gnews&utm_campaign=CDAQvonlp6ab4sS4ARiEnfuGqMCv0a4BKhAIACoHCAowlYn0CjCyjLwC&utm_content=rundown&gaa_at=la&gaa_n=AYRtylbugsYIeMpsqymoBevXC4BhaFUmOscaA3Q5Bh8NzHklNkiHEDE_dcZYndHXmNsUixq1t_gihQ%3D%3D&gaa_ts=6536745b&gaa_sig=TzpLULviGXcM55a921FIypGsqeaPjmfWE8r-p9Elb3Z3kwww76GuMps4QNbvnR2jReDNhKf26PxFmqSQcCK-eA%3D%3D

It remains to be seen what, if anything, the administration or law
enforcement does about this. There are plenty of suggestions in the
comments beneath the letter, including deporting anyone who signed it
that is not a Canadian citizen.

--

Rhino

Re: [OT] Toronto law students announce unequivocal support for Hamas

<ae3dji1kmhi01pqs559oj74i2e81afq2cv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206683&group=rec.arts.tv#206683

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 11:16:55 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 15:16 UTC

On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 08:58:26 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Law students at TMU (Toronto Metropolitan University, the new name of
>Ryerson University) have published an unequivocal letter of
>support for Hamas. They refused to even acknowledge that Israel was a
>country, referring to it as a "brand" for a group of settlers.

Why would they do something like this? This is something that any
lawyer should know is not going to go well for them. Are they from
Gaza? That would at least make some sense. No one else should be
stupid enough to come out in support for Hamas.

>https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/tmu-law-students-put-their-names-to-letter-endorsing-terrorism?utm_source=newsshowcase&utm_medium=gnews&utm_campaign=CDAQvonlp6ab4sS4ARiEnfuGqMCv0a4BKhAIACoHCAowlYn0CjCyjLwC&utm_content=rundown&gaa_at=la&gaa_n=AYRtylbugsYIeMpsqymoBevXC4BhaFUmOscaA3Q5Bh8NzHklNkiHEDE_dcZYndHXmNsUixq1t_gihQ%3D%3D&gaa_ts=6536745b&gaa_sig=TzpLULviGXcM55a921FIypGsqeaPjmfWE8r-p9Elb3Z3kwww76GuMps4QNbvnR2jReDNhKf26PxFmqSQcCK-eA%3D%3D
>
>It remains to be seen what, if anything, the administration or law
>enforcement does about this. There are plenty of suggestions in the
>comments beneath the letter, including deporting anyone who signed it
>that is not a Canadian citizen.

Re: [OT] Toronto law students announce unequivocal support for Hamas

<20231023113100.00006e20@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=206685&group=rec.arts.tv#206685

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Toronto law students announce unequivocal support for
Hamas
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 11:31:00 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 15:31 UTC

On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 11:16:55 -0400

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 08:58:26 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>

> >Law students at TMU (Toronto Metropolitan University, the new name of
> >Ryerson University) have published an unequivocal letter of
> >support for Hamas. They refused to even acknowledge that Israel was a
> >country, referring to it as a "brand" for a group of settlers.
> >
> Why would they do something like this? This is something that any
> lawyer should know is not going to go well for them. Are they from
> Gaza? That would at least make some sense. No one else should be
> stupid enough to come out in support for Hamas.

An excellent question but the author of this story is either doesn't
know the names or is afraid to publish them for fear of accusations of
stoking hatred against these "activists". I too would be interested in
knowing which of them were Palestinians and how many were of
backgrounds unrelated to Palestine or Israel. It would help give an
idea of how many were students radicalized by their professors (or
fellow students) and how many were influenced by a Middle Eastern
heritage.